NATION

PASSWORD

[CANCELLED] Repeal "Liberate Christmas"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
The Isles of Random
Envoy

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

[CANCELLED] Repeal "Liberate Christmas"

Postby The Isles of Random » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:10 am

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #95: Liberate Christmas shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: UNDERSTANDING the importance of the resolution to liberate Christmas in the time when it was enacted as a successful way of saving the region.

HOWEVER, it has crippled the local defense, making it an easy target for raiders.

FOR the past few weeks the region was in the hands of The Ethernal Knights, and The Black Riders.

CHRISTMAS is currently governed by the Meritocratic Liberation Army, the goal of which is the creation of a stable native goverment, and its forces are going to stay there only untill the creation of such.

WISHING to remove the horrible irony that a region, bearing the name of such a happy holiday is now a horrible place instability and chaos.

BELIEVING that Christmas should once again be a happy and secure region.

HEREBY repeals Security Council Resolution # 95 "Liberate Christmas".

I have absolutely nothing to do with the above proposal in the spoiler. Apparently people decided that this would be the forum for the current repeal, but whatever.

The following project has been cancelled. Please do not talk about it.

Repeal "Liberate Christmas"

Aware that Christmas is a region treasured for its name,

Appalled that Christmas has been subjected to almost weekly raids by multiple raider groups including The Black Riders,

Concerned that Christmas, a quiet,docile community, has no means of fending off these attacks,

Believing that any future raids of Christmas can be prevented by allowing a delegate to impose a password visible to residents,

Hereby repeals SC #95 "Liberate Christmas"

Submission pending Christmas Delegate

Comments, suggestions, concerns?
http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolutions/council=2/start=94
Last edited by The Isles of Random on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:34 am, edited 10 times in total.
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

Join the party at Warzone Vacation Resort!
I finally gave in and now I have a quotes spoiler. Yay!
We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:52 am

Does anyone have any problems with this repeal?

I am relatively new to how the SC works and I would appreciate any help.

Currently I am working with Christmas to see if they can produce a native delegate.
- From the desk of the Minister of Foreign Relations and Regional Propaganda of the Central Atlantic Islands of the Pacific

We Are Not the NSA wrote:If the real world was like NS, then Belgium could have just password protected itself, or simply moved somewhere else, away from Germany.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:54 am

Why repeal it before they have a Delegate? That seems to counteract all the logic in your proposal.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 am

Good point, that is why I have placed it in the draft section. Not straight up to the floor.

But any other technical issues, illegalities, or other stuff?

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:07 am

The Isles of Random wrote:But any other technical issues, illegalities, or other stuff?

No, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should submit. Even the natives of Christmas could get their own Delegate (which they have shown a stark propensity to not do in the past, hence why the Liberation was necessary in the first place), that's not really a good enough reason to repeal the Liberation in this case, IMHO.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:10 am

This was my text to repeal SC#95. It contains a lot more material, as you can see.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 am

Well I guess we will see if I can get Christmas to get a delegate

I'll put this on hold until they do
Last edited by The Isles of Random on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:19 am

Repealing Liberate Christmas would certainly spell it's death in raider hands. Various raider orgs. have been targeting Christmas for refounding for years and having the ability to place a password would be catastrophic for the region. Liberate Christmas was one of the most significant Liberations to pass the SC. Furthermore, this feels like repealing for repealing's sake. AGAINST.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:20 am

I agree with Eist on this one as well. Liberate Christmas had some inordinately large amount of discussion when it came up (most of which I was in attack mode for), and it's a region that is probably better off, in the end, keeping the Liberation.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:27 am

Eist wrote:Repealing Liberate Christmas would certainly spell it's death in raider hands. Various raider orgs. have been targeting Christmas for refounding for years and having the ability to place a password would be catastrophic for the region. Liberate Christmas was one of the most significant Liberations to pass the SC. Furthermore, this feels like repealing for repealing's sake. AGAINST.

Ambassador, I only intend to submit this if the Christmas natives are willing to get their own delegate.

And no it is not repealing for repealing's sake. Over the last month, there has been two raids by the The Black Riders, as well as several raids by lesser known groups. And for each invasion, there has been a rescue by someone else.

Again, this is on hold until Christmas nations get a delegate.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:29 am

If you're scrambling just to get a native Delegate in place, I guarantee you TBR or some other group will have double those WA numbers by the time a repeal passes. Raiders would snatch the region, and we'd have to go through this same song and dance all over again.

Eist
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:34 am

If you can get a trustworthy and enduring delegate that can hold over 30 endorsements for over 12 months, then I will support this resolution. Until then, I consider the region vulnerable and will not support removing the liberation currently in place.

In short, just having some delegate in place is not even close to a compelling reason to remove the liberation.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Gulden
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gulden » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:44 am

Very much against this!

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:51 am

Gulden wrote:Very much against this!

Great one-liner debut...

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:53 am

Eist wrote:If you can get a trustworthy and enduring delegate that can hold over 30 endorsements for over 12 months, then I will support this resolution. Until then, I consider the region vulnerable and will not support removing the liberation currently in place.

In short, just having some delegate in place is not even close to a compelling reason to remove the liberation.

I now see how this would not work. I will withdraw my proposal. Thank you for your consideration.

Eist
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:05 am

Thanks for understanding! I'm sorry for you that this didn't work out.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:46 am

Magnificent. The Black Riders can raid and tag that dump again and again and again... and natives cannot put it behind a lock. We can have our Never ending Black Christmas forever! :P

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:54 am

http://www.nationstates.net/region=christmas

http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=5896567

"If it succeeds, one of you will be endorsed as delegate and the Meritocratic Liberation Army's troops will return to base and you'll be our protectorate"

Yay for utter destruction of a region at the hands of noobs
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Port blood wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/region=christmas

"If it succeeds, one of you will be endorsed as delegate and the Meritocratic Liberation Army's troops will return to base and you'll be our protectorate"

It's not going to make quorum. Even if it does it won't pass....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Normlpeople
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Port blood wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/region=christmas

Oh, how lovely. They will be in command just long enough for the next raider group to pimpslap em out of power and back into obscurity. And the cycle will begin again. The liberation will always be there, and any of these noob fenda groups that do a little reading into why it's there in the first place will know why it will never be repealed.
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:21 pm

The sad part is that using a sleeper a decent defender organization can liberate and refound,i wonder why the main groups never collaborated to do this
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:24 am

Hmm... I am not affiliated with the current repeal attempt. Just saying. But I will put the current one on the original post for those interested.

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:01 pm

After my brief conversation with Eist, I will not be supporting any form of repeal of "Liberate Christmas" until a native delegate is in firm control of the region.

And to the ambassador from Port Blood, the "noob" delegate was overthrown by a sleeper cell of some region I don't know.

I am done with Christmas.

Lemmingtopias
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lemmingtopias » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:53 pm

This seems unnecessary at the current point in time and not conducive to the regions' best interests.

And it's April for goodness sake! I don't like to be reminded of Christmas until December 24th at the earliest!
LBC News:Lemmingtopias now de facto split between East and West | Junta forces fail to storm Palace of the Sages, withdrawal from West Lomapolis | COUP! Advised to stay at home! More Info coming soon | Prince of Lemmingtopias killed during summit with Tropican President| Invasion of The Tropican Islands cancelled. Diplomatic talks to resume

The Isles of Random
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Isles of Random » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:10 am

The problem with Christmas is that there is no "best interest" of the region. The natives do not care.
Last edited by The Isles of Random on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council