NATION

PASSWORD

SUBMITTED: Commend Rhodmhire

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Burchadinger
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

SUBMITTED: Commend Rhodmhire

Postby Burchadinger » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:26 am

NOTING that the nation of Rhodmhire has left Nationstates

REALIZES the great fun and joy he brought to many people

NOTES that he deserves a commendation for his great service

THE World Assembly hereby officially commends Rhodmhire.

--------------------

I was thinking that since Rhod has left NS, we could posthumously award him a Commendation.
Runners Up - DBC XXV
Third Place - AOCAF XXXIII

Call me Burch and not Burcha

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:30 am

Well, if I was in the WA (which i'm not) i'd vote for it. I doubt anyone wouldn't, come to think of it.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:00 am

OOC: If a nation has CTEd then game mechanics mean that it can't be 'commended' (or, for that matter, 'condemned' instead)...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:57 am

OOC: The nation still exists, last log-in 2 1/2 days ago. If you want to get this commendation up, you'll need to move quickly before they CTE.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Burchadinger
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Burchadinger » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:58 am

Enn wrote:OOC: The nation still exists, last log-in 2 1/2 days ago. If you want to get this commendation up, you'll need to move quickly before they CTE.

got it.
Runners Up - DBC XXV
Third Place - AOCAF XXXIII

Call me Burch and not Burcha

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:12 am

Old Tyrannia wrote:Well, if I was in the WA (which i'm not) i'd vote for it. I doubt anyone wouldn't, come to think of it.

not neccessarily. don't know him.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:44 am

Rhodmhire's a Generalite (or was, it appears). If this got up, it would definitely be taking the SC even more OOC than it already was - not even dealing with GP elements.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:06 am

Enn wrote:Rhodmhire's a Generalite (or was, it appears). If this got up, it would definitely be taking the SC even more OOC than it already was - not even dealing with GP elements.

ah. well, I don't see how the RP section of NS commending somebody strictly from the NSG cesspool accomplishes anything.

Not Ta'veren

Aegara
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Aegara » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:12 am

I agree, sure, he's a witty person and was no doubt funny, yet is that really warranting of a commendation despite the fact that he has left?

Kostemetsia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kostemetsia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:43 am

I think Rhod deserves a commendation. He was a major contributor to the community in a way that I don't think any one, say, II or NationStates or Sports RPer can be said to be, or that any Gameplayer can be said to be - and I say this as both a Gameplayer and an RPer.

Just my two eurocents.
The Commonwealth (FT)
factbook | embassies and trade | CAFRI: 69 (Excellent)
background music requests

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Aegara wrote:I agree, sure, he's a witty person and was no doubt funny, yet is that really warranting of a commendation despite the fact that he has left?

At least it would be a good tribute to Rhodmhire, in my opinion.

Romanar
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanar » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:05 pm

My only complaint is, as usual, with the OOCness of it.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:08 am

Kostemetsia wrote:I think Rhod deserves a commendation. He was a major contributor to the community in a way that I don't think any one, say, II or NationStates or Sports RPer can be said to be,

What "community"? He certainly never contributed anything to either the WA or (as far as I'm aware) the 'Sports' field; contributed more to NSG, perhaps, but that's not "the community" for NS as a whole... There isn't a single "NS community", and NSG regulars expecting many of the WA regulars to be interested in commending an NSG regular for his past actions there is at least as unreasonable as WA regulars expecting many of the NSG regulars to be interested in commending somebody for their work in the WA would be...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:51 am

Most of the time the folk over in NSG don't even recognize that anything outside their little sphere exists and look down on the RP side as somehow beneath them. Therefore, We cannot support a measure to commend somebody who was primarily an NSG denizen and who rarely, if ever, interacted with the WA, GA or SC.

Not Ta'veren

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:57 pm

I honestly don't know who Rhodmire is at all.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Burninati0n
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Burninati0n » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Wait a second, you want to commend someone for leaving the game?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:02 pm

If you read the resolution, you'll see why Burchadinger wishes to commend Rhodmire - the timing is due to him leaving NS, but the reasons for commending are not based upon him leaving. If this resolution was fleshed out with more details, so that those who don't participate in General/F7 can understand it better, then I would support it.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Yeah, don't get this mixed up with "Commend Fudgetopia."

...although she wasn't even leaving the game, just leaving her position.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

South Romanar
Secretary

Founded: Dec 30, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Romanar » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:12 pm

BURNINATI0N wrote:Wait a second, you want to commend someone for leaving the game?

This isn't a put-down on Rhodmhire, but there are people I would commend if they would leave the game. Including Generalites. :D :D :D

Nordicus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordicus » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:49 pm

BURNINATI0N wrote:Wait a second, you want to commend someone for leaving the game?

Sadly, I'm sure there's plenty of people that would be fitting for. ;)
Note: I am an atheist. If I say something supportive of a religion, it's because I try to be fair and even-handed, not because I am a follower of that religion.
H N Fiddlebottoms VIII wrote:Engineers hate biology, because it has very few right angles. Everything is all curves and bumps and the only penis-shaped items are actual penises.

Dregruk wrote:
Kma2 wrote:How else could it be that they are so uneducated regarding what is going on in America.

Same as anyone else; I slaughter gibbons and frolic in their blood. Or just, y'know, disagree with you.

Tsaraine wrote:Somewhere in Philadelphia, one school administrator has just smacked another school administrator upside the head. "Damnit, Jenkins! I told you we should just have gone with chastity belts!"

Biblical Creation

Travancore-Cochin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Travancore-Cochin » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Bears Armed wrote:contributed more to NSG, perhaps

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you "contribute" to NSG? I always thought that it was more of a 'hangout'-kinda place where people chatted about stuff and aired their opinions.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:42 pm

Travancore-Cochin wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you "contribute" to NSG? I always thought that it was more of a 'hangout'-kinda place where people chatted about stuff and aired their opinions.

NSG is a festering snakepit of liberal loonies and self-riteous righties who are more interested in engaging in spiteful partisan dogmatic bickering than in debate. Most there do not even recognize that anything else in NS exists, and many actively look down upon the RP people as being "beneath them" because they do not engage in the poison pen NSG.

No, not a hangout spot, it is a world of its own.

Not Ta'veren

Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brewdomia » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Travancore-Cochin wrote:

NSG is a festering snakepit of liberal loonies and self-riteous righties who are more interested in engaging in spiteful partisan dogmatic bickering than in debate. Most there do not even recognize that anything else in NS exists, and many actively look down upon the RP people as being "beneath them" because they do not engage in the poison pen NSG.

No, not a hangout spot, it is a world of its own.

^This, RPing is the best part of this game. (I believe)

Wiesta Amereka
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiesta Amereka » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:49 pm

It is

Antemyst
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Kostemetsia wrote:I think Rhod deserves a commendation. He was a major contributor to the community in a way that I don't think any one, say, II or NationStates or Sports RPer can be said to be,

What "community"? He certainly never contributed anything to either the WA or (as far as I'm aware) the 'Sports' field; contributed more to NSG, perhaps, but that's not "the community" for NS as a whole... There isn't a single "NS community", and NSG regulars expecting many of the WA regulars to be interested in commending an NSG regular for his past actions there is at least as unreasonable as WA regulars expecting many of the NSG regulars to be interested in commending somebody for their work in the WA would be...

I believe I've seen Sports players attempted to be commended. Besides, Rhod brought far more to NSG (and II for a while) than most players bring to the entire game. He brought real talk, humor, and even caring. Something that all of NS lacks save for maybe three players.
Antemyst | Crystalline Fosterman | Xaymaca
“If you can't do it, we will.” -Frenadrix

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council