NATION

PASSWORD

FAILED: Commend Anti World Assembly

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

FAILED: Commend Anti World Assembly

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:15 pm

Commend Anti World Assembly
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation| Nominee: Anti World Assembly | Proposed by: Sedgisatan

Description: RECOGNISING that since the disbanding of its predecessor institution, the World Assembly is in a vulnerable position;

CONCERNED that if a strong region were to unite opposition against the World Assembly, then it would be hampered in its ability to pass legislation;

AWARE that due to the decline of Gatesville, Anti World Assembly is the leading region in opposition to the World Assembly;

BELIEVING that Anti World Assembly has had absolutely no effect on the running of the World Assembly, due to its miniscule size and lack of WA member nations - meaning it has no ability to vote against WA legislation;

RESOLVING that this impotent opposition merely strengthens the World Assembly;

HEREBY commends Anti World Assembly for furthering the cause of the organisation it opposes.

Posted here for some more attention, and possible debate.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:44 pm

BELIEVING that Anti World Assembly has had absolutely no effect on the running of the World Assembly, due to its miniscule size and lack of WA member nations - meaning it has no ability to vote against WA legislation;

Except by doing a proposal about them you're giving them attention, and essentially recruiting for them. Let's call it the "NAZI EUROPE effect".

Spartan Philidelphia
Minister

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Spartan Philidelphia » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:00 pm

Unibotian WASC Mission wrote:

Except by doing a proposal about them you're giving them attention, and essentially recruiting for them. Let's call it the "NAZI EUROPE effect".

Wouldn't a region that hates the WA, yet commended by it, look ironic? I think that's what this proposal is aiming for. Security is easy, but Comedy...that's hard!
Spartan Philidelphia
Region: Sparta
[Defunct] National Corporation:
The Spartan Philidelphia Almost Anything Corporation
Leader: Luigi Mario
National Religion: Pastafarianism
Population: 50,420,000

Thank you all powerful moderators who were sent by Max Barry to protect us from all things spammy and trollish.

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:07 pm

I think this is already having a humorous effect, judging by Anti World Assembly's Civil Headquarters.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Enn wrote:I think this is already having a humorous effect, judging by Anti World Assembly's Civil Headquarters.

Go Sedge Go!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:28 pm

-- Edited to avoid some aimless goon from Anti WA organizing a counter-campaign --
Last edited by Unibotian WASC Mission on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CHINGEYINABOTTLE
Attaché

Founded: Jun 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby CHINGEYINABOTTLE » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:34 pm

The WA is a rather corrupt league of nations... First you condemn then you commend? I believe you guys just like sticking your noses where they dont belong.

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:37 pm

CHINGEYINABOTTLE wrote:The WA is a rather corrupt league of nations... First you condemn then you commend? I believe you guys just like sticking your noses where they dont belong.

And I believe Mustard should never be made purple, but I don't write that in public too often either, do I? Ambassador?

Oh shit...

The Monkye
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 02, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Monkye » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:01 pm

The Monkye applauds such deployment of humor in the Security Council and believes that it should occur more often for the mutual benefit it brings.
Equilism citizen and ninja wizard.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:12 pm

There's humorous. Then there's silly slapstick...
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:25 pm

The Monkye wrote:The Monkye applauds such deployment of humor in the Security Council and believes that it should occur more often for the mutual benefit it brings.

You know... While I am for the attention it brings us I am a little tired of having to campagn all the time...

Humor in a "Security Council" is duly noted... Have you ever tried to deal with terrorists with humor? It wouldn't work... They'd just laugh and then blow themselves up and you in the process. That's what I think is going to happen...
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:43 am

Seperates wrote:
The Monkye wrote:The Monkye applauds such deployment of humor in the Security Council and believes that it should occur more often for the mutual benefit it brings.

You know... While I am for the attention it brings us I am a little tired of having to campagn all the time...

Humor in a "Security Council" is duly noted... Have you ever tried to deal with terrorists with humor? It wouldn't work... They'd just laugh and then blow themselves up and you in the process. That's what I think is going to happen...

And just think... There could be NAZI TERRORISTS! We must abort this proposal and begin a full investigation...

Nah, I love it. Hope it gets to vote.
AKA Weed

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:43 am

Topid wrote:
Seperates wrote:

And just think... There could be NAZI TERRORISTS! We must abort this proposal and begin a full investigation...

Who the hell ever said that we were "nazis"... We are just against the WA... Its not like we're massacring populaces or drawing swasticas everywhere.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Gobbannium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Gobbannium » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Seperates wrote:
Topid wrote:
Seperates wrote:

Who the hell ever said that we were "nazis"

You, apparently. Or at least that statement is the closest anyone has come to claiming it.

Meanwhile, back on off-topic, there could be Nazi zombie terrorists! We should investigate immediately! The World (Assembly) Must Be Told!

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Gobbannium wrote:
Seperates wrote:
Topid wrote:
Seperates wrote:

You, apparently. Or at least that statement is the closest anyone has come to claiming it.

Meanwhile, back on off-topic, there could be Nazi zombie terrorists! We should investigate immediately! The World (Assembly) Must Be Told!

Nazi zombie terrorists who oppose the WA? Quick, shoot them in the head!

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:41 pm

Whatever you're doing, Uni, don't campaign to bring this to quorum. The region doesn't deserve the attention, and frankly, just because the proposal is funny doesn't mean the whole WA has to know about it.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:48 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Whatever you're doing, Uni, don't campaign to bring this to quorum. The region doesn't deserve the attention, and frankly, just because the proposal is funny doesn't mean the whole WA has to know about it.

You didn't receive spammy telegrams explaining to you, very clearly, how you'll never be able to get it to vote. Ohhh, don't you tempt me, Mr. Anti World Assembly. :eek:

But I've quit telegramming, frankly the delegate response rate is quite low with this, it seems most delegates agree with you. I've got more repeals of SC#3 to save my energy for .... muhuhu... well, maybe not. Though I do have an idea.

CHINGEYINABOTTLE
Attaché

Founded: Jun 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby CHINGEYINABOTTLE » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:22 pm

We are growing fast :) we have some new members and a treaty being made. as well as another region mergeing with us(=
weve also been contacted by many other anti wa regions.

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:04 pm

looks an awful lot like a puppet filled region if you ask me.

CIB EMPIRE
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby CIB EMPIRE » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:15 pm

That is something that we dont like to be accused off, espesially scence we go through alot of time putting up recruitment messages, and contacting feeder regions, and haveing other regions merge with us. I know its not possible for us to prove that we arnt a bunch of puppets because we run a tight ship and dont allow any non WA members in our region but just look at gatesvill to know that their are many nations opposed to the WA. We also dont have much use for puppets as none of us need them for use in the WA.
but we are growing rather fast and we are gaining allies. soon youll all wish you jumped on board with us when you had the chance.
Join the Anti World Assembly

The AWA is dedicated to bringing down the World Assembly. Nations need the WA's permission to invading a region because only WA nations may invade!The WA is able to condemn non members but not vice versa. Members are forced to comply with the many unjust laws the WA imposes onto them. No one truely runs their own nation, you serve as a mere puppet of the WA unless you decide to do something about it! Others say it cant be done but why do so many try and stop us? The answer is simple, the WA can be brought down if enough nations band together and stand against it! The AWA is commited to uniteing all regions that are against the WA because a unified force will be unstopable! So join us and become part of the biggest thing that this game has ever seen!

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:33 pm

CIB EMPIRE wrote:but we are growing rather fast and we are gaining allies. soon youll all wish you jumped on board with us when you had the chance.

I have a region that has twenty-three puppets in it.

Don't ya'll feel dumb for not jumping on board when it was only one puppet. 8)
AKA Weed

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:35 pm

CIB EMPIRE wrote:That is something that we dont like to be accused off, espesially scence we go through alot of time putting up recruitment messages, and contacting feeder regions, and haveing other regions merge with us.

...I wish you spent the same amount of time and effort to spell correctly, as you do spamming people.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Gobbannium wrote:
Seperates wrote:
Topid wrote:
Seperates wrote:

What... the... F*ck... Terrorists and nazis are two different things! And for the record... If your average person just waltzes in here and see this... You guys will look like the assholes not us... O and pardon CIB... He has really crappy spelling... Do I look like a freaking puppet to you! Actually I'll give you guys props cause I've never heard of that before :bow:

Republica Espanola
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Republica Espanola » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 pm

"...RECOGNISING the irony of an anti-WA region having a WA commendation at its head..."
President Tania Mendes
La Confederación Republicana de la República Española
Embassies in República Española
I suck at political debate.
Jefferson Davis wrote:Never be haughty to the humble, or humble to the haughty.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Republica Espanola wrote:"...RECOGNISING the irony of an anti-WA region having a WA commendation at its head..."

They are being stupid... There is no Irony in the WA Commending us!! It shows that the WA realizes it is corrupt and therefore wants us to put it out of its misery.
Last edited by Seperates on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives