NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Repeal SC#17 Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Terravoss
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Repeal SC#17 Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny

Postby Terravoss » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:26 am

The Security Council,

Recognizing that Omigodtheykilledkenny is not a World Assembly member, nor has it been for quite a while,

Satisfied that the Creative Solutions Agency created and funded by Omigodtheykilledkenny no longer poses a threat to the World Assembly Compliance Commission, as Omigodtheykilledkenny is not a World Assembly member, and therefore is not required to comply with World Assembly law,

Seriously Doubting that any dolphin has ever been harmed by the governenment of Omigodtheykilledkenny,

Impressed that nation in a region of terrorists and war criminals Omigodtheykilledkenny has granted its citizens extensive civil rights, and political freedoms,

Further Impressed that Omigodtheykilledkenny has compiled and maintains an archive of World Assembly resolutions, and has authored groundbreaking resolutions such as: GAR #8 World Assembly Headquarters, and GAR #17 World Assembly General Fund, which have become the backbone of the World Assembly,

Understanding that Omigodtheykilledkenny, has actually done more positive for International Community than negative,

Thoroughly Convinced that Omigodtheykilledkenny has righted any and all wrongs committed against the World Assembly, and thus no longer deserves to be shunned,

Hereby Repeals SC Resolution #17 Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

This is an out of character nation that represents my true views on Nation States. I make no apologies for any comment that I may make. You have been warned.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:46 am

Have you ever been there?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:07 pm

I rather think he likes being condemned. It's kind of like a Commendation to him. You should ask him if he wants it repealed.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Ponderosa wrote:I rather think he likes being condemned. It's kind of like a Commendation to him. You should ask him if he wants it repealed.

I was thinking the same thing, and then I was between two minds because the whole thing is we shouldn't condemn/commend just because they want it....

But Kenny's an exception
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Abacathea wrote:
Ponderosa wrote:I rather think he likes being condemned. It's kind of like a Commendation to him. You should ask him if he wants it repealed.

I was thinking the same thing, and then I was between two minds because the whole thing is we shouldn't condemn/commend just because they want it....

But Kenny's an exception

Not really. The point is Kenny doesn't deserve to be condemned, whether he wants it or not.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:19 pm

United Federation of Canada wrote:Not really. The point is Kenny doesn't deserve to be condemned, whether he wants it or not.

...and the fact that I (accidentally) got you booted from the WA last week has no bearing on that opinion, I'm sure.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Pestarzt the Traveller
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pestarzt the Traveller » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:24 pm

What's the point of doing this?
Last edited by Pestarzt the Traveller on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
westpacific.org

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Pestarzt the Traveller wrote:I don't see the point of this.

I was just thinking that. Let the guy keep his badge.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
United Federation of Canada wrote:Not really. The point is Kenny doesn't deserve to be condemned, whether he wants it or not.

...and the fact that I (accidentally) got you booted from the WA last week has no bearing on that opinion, I'm sure.

None at all. You have done great things for the international community, yet you are condemned?

Kind of defeats the whole purpose of condemning someone doesn't it?

Helltank
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Helltank » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:21 am

It actually makes sense. He likes condemnations; therefore the SC rewards him with one when he does good things for the WA.
Fear the wrath of:
Supreme Overlord Helltank (International Incidents)
Ivy Beliazrael, WA-Demon-Delegate (General Assembly)
The Conniver, Shady Salesman Extraordinaire (GE&T)
Lord Sage, High Scholar (Factbooks and National Information)

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:26 am

Terravoss wrote:Recognizing that Omigodtheykilledkenny is not a World Assembly member, nor have they been for quite a while,

Should be "nor has it". Remember, you're dealing with nations rather than players here.

Terravoss wrote:Impressed by the fact that for a nation residing in a region of terrorists and war criminals Omigodtheykilledkenny has granted it's citizens extensive civil rights, and political freedoms,

Should be "its," not "it's."

Aside from these few minor errors, I support this proposal and would be willing to assist you in campaigning for it if needed.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:08 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:

Well that explains it.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:52 am

Kenny should keep his badge.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:34 pm

This is actually one of the better repeals I've seen for this. It errs on its assumption that my membership in the WA even matters -- because the condemnation was based on historical acts, and was intended to teach newer members a lesson about not doing what Donny Don't Does, not to chide me into correcting my behavior (because we all know that never works). Citing my nation's supposed "positive" contributions to the WA won't work either, as the mods seem to think that arguments based on good behavior should be the basis for a commendation, not a repeal. (Or was it the other way around? I can't remember.) Try commending me, however, and I might have to start reminding people why I was condemned in the first place. Just don't do it. Image
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Terravoss
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Terravoss » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:This is actually one of the better repeals I've seen for this. It errs on its assumption that my membership in the WA even matters -- because the condemnation was based on historical acts, and was intended to teach newer members a lesson about not doing what Donny Don't Does, not to act as a ploy to chide me into correcting my behavior (because we all know that never works). Citing my nation's supposed "positive" contributions to the WA won't work either, as the mods seem to think that arguments based on good behavior should be the basis for a commendation, not a repeal. (Or was it the other way around? I can't remember.) Try commending me, however, and I might have to start reminding people why I was condemned in the first place. Just don't do it. (Image)

Thank you Kenny for the kind words. Flattery will not win you and points here though. As far as I am concerned you have righted your wrongs, and thus no longer deserved to be condemned. If someone else desires writing a commendation for you, I will gladly support them, but as it stands I am going to push this one, and a repeal of Liberate Nazi Europe, in an attempt to restore some kind of balance and order, to this laughingstock we call an assembly. I am truly sorry, you happen to be the target here, but as they say "C'est la vie".

Cormac, I will be contacting you via TG shortly before I submit this, so you can begin campaigning.

Upward and Onward!!! (Or something like that, anyway)

This is an out of character nation that represents my true views on Nation States. I make no apologies for any comment that I may make. You have been warned.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Terravoss wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:This is actually one of the better repeals I've seen for this. It errs on its assumption that my membership in the WA even matters -- because the condemnation was based on historical acts, and was intended to teach newer members a lesson about not doing what Donny Don't Does, not to act as a ploy to chide me into correcting my behavior (because we all know that never works). Citing my nation's supposed "positive" contributions to the WA won't work either, as the mods seem to think that arguments based on good behavior should be the basis for a commendation, not a repeal. (Or was it the other way around? I can't remember.) Try commending me, however, and I might have to start reminding people why I was condemned in the first place. Just don't do it. (Image)

Thank you Kenny for the kind words. Flattery will not win you and points here though. As far as I am concerned you have righted your wrongs, and thus no longer deserved to be condemned. If someone else desires writing a commendation for you, I will gladly support them, but as it stands I am going to push this one, and a repeal of Liberate Nazi Europe, in an attempt to restore some kind of balance and order, to this laughingstock we call an assembly. I am truly sorry, you happen to be the target here, but as they say "C'est la vie".

Cormac, I will be contacting you via TG shortly before I submit this, so you can begin campaigning.

Good to see that every single one of his points went over your head.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Terravoss
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Terravoss » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Terravoss wrote:

Good to see that every single one of his points went over your head.

Not at all my good Sir. I was trying to be polite.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Terravoss wrote:

Thank you Kenny for the kind words. Flattery will not win you and points here though.

Who's trying to flatter anybody? All I said was that this is one of the better-written repeals for this that I've seen, which isn't exactly an herculean feat, considering all the crap that has already been proposed as repeals for the first national condemnation. That said, this repeal misses the point of the condemnation entirely, and is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the General Assembly and its machinations. Unibot did not write the condemnation simply to state that the CSA was bad; any idiot could have done that. He wrote it in order to discourage newer members of the GA from emulating the CSA by undertaking their own loophole-exploiting projects. Because, you see, the GA is an evil, tyrannical, hyper-meddling, micromanaging organization that longs for nothing more than to suck all the life and freedom out of its member states, by rigorously enforcing the dictatorial mandates it mindlessly passes week after week, and Unibot's condemnation represents that point-of-view brilliantly, by stating that members should not only follow all the GA's screwy laws to the letter, they shouldn't even be entitled to wriggle out of it by finding loopholes. So unless you can think of a better way for the GA to denounce nations that try to weasel their way out of enforcing the laws they voluntarily agreed to comply with, you're better off keeping this thing in place.

As far as I am concerned you have righted your wrongs, and thus no longer deserved to be condemned.

Actually, this condemnation was passed long after I did all those great things you talk about in your proposal. Your argument fails.

Which isn't to say that I would never support a repeal of this condemnation. I just think it deserves a much cleverer, more informed, and dare I say, funnier?, repeal argument than this one. The author of the original was good enough to put a little extra effort into his resolution than the mindless recitation of facts; the repeal author should too.

The Palentine
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2005

Postby The Palentine » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:38 am

Kenny wrote:Because, you see, the GA is an evil, tyrannical, hyper-meddling, micromanaging organization that longs for nothing more than to suck all the life and freedom out of its member states, by rigorously enforcing the dictatorial mandates it mindlessly passes week after week

That is so true, bossman! You certianly have a way with words. You speak purtier than a $20.00 harlot.

I'd commend you if only for your way with words.

Kenny wrote:Which isn't to say that I would never support a repeal of this condemnation. I just think it deserves a much cleverer, more informed, and dare I say, funnier?, repeal argument than this one.

Yeah. If I'm going to drag myself over from the Festering Snakepit over to this den of inequity and shame, at least make it worth my while. Show some wit and creativity, Spanky.

Excelsior,
Sen. Horatio Sulla
"There aren't quite as many irredeemable folks as everyone thinks."
-The Dourian Embassy

"Yeah, but some (like Sen. Sulla) have to count for, like 20 or 30 all by themselves."
-Hack

Yelda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2004
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Yelda » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:11 pm

The Palentine wrote:Yeah. If I'm going to drag myself over from the Festering Snakepit over to this den of inequity and shame.....

I don't always post here, but when I do, I post in opposition to "Repeal Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny".

Thoroughly Against this nonsense.
The Yeldan People's Democratic Republic

Ideological Bulwark #40
Another HotRodian puppet

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Helltank wrote:It actually makes sense. He likes condemnations; therefore the SC rewards him with one when he does good things for the WA.

Or we can repeal the condemnation and replace it with a commendation, if so desired, but that's kind of pointless.
Last edited by Geilinor on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Terravoss
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Terravoss » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:09 am

The Palentine wrote:
Kenny wrote:Because, you see, the GA is an evil, tyrannical, hyper-meddling, micromanaging organization that longs for nothing more than to suck all the life and freedom out of its member states, by rigorously enforcing the dictatorial mandates it mindlessly passes week after week

That is so true, bossman! You certianly have a way with words. You speak purtier than a $20.00 harlot.

I'd commend you if only for your way with words.

Kenny wrote:Which isn't to say that I would never support a repeal of this condemnation. I just think it deserves a much cleverer, more informed, and dare I say, funnier?, repeal argument than this one.

Yeah. If I'm going to drag myself over from the Festering Snakepit over to this den of inequity and shame, at least make it worth my while. Show some wit and creativity, Spanky.

Excelsior,
Sen. Horatio Sulla

Spanky? Does anyone even say that anymore, or ever?

The Palentine
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2005

Postby The Palentine » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:43 am

Terravoss wrote:Spanky? Does anyone even say that anymore, or ever?

"Apparently old bean, you don't frequent the Festering Snakepit much. Spanky or Sparky are just two of the nicer ways I've refered to my fellow ambassadors. Others are old bean, miserable sods, sods, screwheads, nitwits, nincompoops, cretins, defectives, degegerates, reprobates, fluffies, nannystaters, do-gooders, morons and Dr. Castro."

Excelsior,
Sen. Horatio Sulla
"There aren't quite as many irredeemable folks as everyone thinks."
-The Dourian Embassy

"Yeah, but some (like Sen. Sulla) have to count for, like 20 or 30 all by themselves."
-Hack

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Are we still talking about this?
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Christom
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Christom » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:14 am

I guess. Though it doesn't look like it is going anywhere. Nor should it.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Christom.

Treasonous Traitor Extraordinaire

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives