NATION

PASSWORD

DEFEATED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE" : THE QUADRILOGY!!!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Stash Kroh
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

DEFEATED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE" : THE QUADRILOGY!!!

Postby Stash Kroh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Okay, here it goes... again...again.. and...oh crap, again. Ambassadors, please correct, approve, enlighteningly desecrate and succumb to Godwin as necessary. Your thoughts and opinions are encouraged.

SECURITY COUNCIL
Repeal “Condemn NAZI EUROPE”
A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution

Category: Repeal | Resolution: SC#3| Proposed by: Stash Kroh

Description:
WA Security Council Resolution #3: Condemn NAZI EUROPE (Category: Condemnation; Nominee: NAZI EUROPE) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument:
The World Assembly abroad,

APPRECIATES that our hallowed halls, and nimble fingered members are united against ideologies of hate, intolerance and prejudgment;

DISAGREES NEVERTHELESS that the region, Nazi Europe, demonstrates any of the spiteful unpleasantries that are traditionally attributed to Nazism;

CERTAIN that the resolution was meant to be a blanketing, and widespread denunciation of Nazism as a whole, and not an explicit attack on the publicly condemned region in question;

REALIZES that basing opinions not on facts, and specifics -- but on generalizations is discriminative, and in this case, hypocritical;

Hereby repeals “Condemn NAZI EUROPE”.

Last edited by Sirocco on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:13 am, edited 17 times in total.
Ambassador Adelinda Gliemann
The Clockwork Forge of Stash Kroh
WA Security Council Liaison

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:44 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:Okay, here it goes... again. Ambassadors, please correct, approve or enlighteningly desecrate as necessary. Your thoughts and opinions are encouraged.

It's too early for a second repeal at vote.

APPRECIATES that our hollowed halls, and nimble fingered members are united against ideologies of hate, intolerance and prejudge;

I guess I can go along with this line...

DISAGREES NEVERTHELESS that the region, Nazi Europe, demonstrates any of the evil atrocities that are traditionally attributed to Nazism;

What exactly are the "evil atrocities traditionally attributed to Nazism"? The implication of the Holocaust or whatever this was aimed at, makes this repeal, just as bad as the first resolution!!.

Nazi Europe is the NS Nazi Ideology. The problem with the first resolution is it assumes that:
NS Nazi Ideology = Real World Nazi Ideology

(Which is not necessarily true)

CERTAIN that the resolution was meant to be a blanketing, and widespread denouncement of Nazism as a whole, and not an explicit attack on the publicly condemned region in question;

Yes. Macedon resolution was a wide spread denouncement of raiding... TITO resolution was a wide spread statement of support for defenders... That's what the SC does...

DEPLORES the hypocrisy and discrimination that our institution has thus demonstrated;

Right on man...

HEREBY,

It's coming!!

Amends the circumstances with a swift and evenhanded repeal of “Condemn NAZI EUROPE” in the name of impartialness and good will, while sincerely apologizing to the said region for whatever harm the World Assembly may have caused them.

THERE IT IS!!
I don't think this is all needed though, just saying repeals SC Resolution #__ "Condemn NAZI EUROPE".

Overall, some small problems need to be fixed, and I think we are too early. Buuut, I hate this resolution too... :lol:
AKA Weed

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Topid wrote:What exactly are the "evil atrocities traditionally attributed to Nazism"? The implication of the Holocaust or whatever this was aimed at, makes this repeal, just as bad as the first resolution!!.

Nazi Europe is the NS Nazi Ideology. The problem with the first resolution is it assumes that:
NS Nazi Ideology = Real World Nazi Ideology

(Which is not necessarily true)

Hhmm... atrocities was the wrong word.

Anyway,

The original resolution establishes for us what the traditional view of NS Nazism is (because 1760 nations said so by voting for the original resolution). That traditional view shows NS Nazism as hateful, and disgusting. I don't believe the resolution presents any evidence to suggest that Nazi Europe shares the same attributes.

Yes. Macedon resolution was a wide spread denouncement of raiding... TITO resolution was a wide spread statement of support for defenders... That's what the SC does...

Oh, I don't know about that...
And we can change if we make the effort to !

Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 pm

:roll: Nazi Europe again?? Can't you people ever find anything new to discuss? I for one am sick of constantly rehashing old debates, and I know I'm not the only one.
I rest my case. Nurse! My medication!

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Inflatable Gandalfs wrote::roll: Nazi Europe again?? Can't you people ever find anything new to discuss? I for one am sick of constantly rehashing old debates, and I know I'm not the only one.

I'm sick of the proposal still existing, and I personally feel it has hindered the growth and progress of the Security Council. See the lack of WASC proposals for more info. And thus, that piece of crap needs to be repealed. Goddammit !

Now I for one think you're one of the most talented ambassadors here at writing, and vetting proposals. So will you please consider giving advice on the proposal's structure, and argument instead of denouncing the entire movement. It would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Stash Kroh on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:I'm sick of the proposal still existing, and I personally feel it has hindered the growth and progress of the Security Council. See the lack of WASC proposals for more info. And thus, that piece of crap needs to be repealed. Goddammit !

Now I for one think you're one of the most talented ambassadors here at writing, and vetting proposals. So will you please consider giving advice on the proposal's structure, and argument instead of denouncing the entire movement. It would be greatly appreciated.

It is the opinion of the Great Chiefdom that this piece of legislation must stand for all eternity as the very standard for Security Council resolutions. This is in order to demonstrate the body's absolute and utter irrelevance in affecting international politics in any meaningful way. We oppose any attempt to repeal "Condemn NAZI Kingdom" for this reason. Further, Krioval couldn't care less if Nazis are condemned; it's a small graphic attached to a national dossier. It is utterly unworthy of the time and energy to repeal it.

[Lord] Ambassador Darvek Tyvok
Great Chiefdom of Krioval

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Krioval wrote:
Stash Kroh wrote:I'm sick of the proposal still existing, and I personally feel it has hindered the growth and progress of the Security Council. See the lack of WASC proposals for more info. And thus, that piece of crap needs to be repealed. Goddammit !

It is the opinion of the Great Chiefdom that this piece of legislation must stand for all eternity as the very standard for Security Council resolutions. This is in order to demonstrate the body's absolute and utter irrelevance in affecting international politics in any meaningful way. We oppose any attempt to repeal "Condemn NAZI Kingdom" for this reason. l

Liberation proposals seem to effect a lot. Just saying.

Further, Krioval couldn't care less if Nazis are condemned; it's a small graphic attached to a national dossier. It is utterly unworthy of the time and energy to repeal it.

Great Chiefdom of Kriova

You're not the one wearing the badge of dishonor, your excellency. Might you feel different if you were?
And unjustly wearing it at that !?
Last edited by Unibot on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:09 pm

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:09 pm

Krioval wrote:It is the opinion of the Great Chiefdom that this piece of legislation must stand for all eternity as the very standard for Security Council resolutions. This is in order to demonstrate the body's absolute and utter irrelevance in affecting international politics in any meaningful way. We oppose any attempt to repeal "Condemn NAZI Kingdom" for this reason. Further, Krioval couldn't care less if Nazis are condemned; it's a small graphic attached to a national dossier. It is utterly unworthy of the time and energy to repeal it.

So let me get this straight...

The GA elite have declared a Jihad to retake their Assembly. You are attempting to hijack the SC and drive it into the ground with poor resolutions?? Huh..
:lol:
Last edited by Topid on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AKA Weed

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:10 pm

Krioval wrote:Perhaps.

Hhmm.. I stand corrected. :p

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Topid wrote:So let me get this straight...

The GA elite have declared a Jihad to retake their Assembly. You are attempting to hijack the SC and drive it into the ground with poor resolutions?? Huh..

Nothing so grandiose, Your Excellency. We merely feel that the SC will implode on its own, and that we should hardly waste good energy delaying that outcome.

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 am

Topid wrote:
Krioval wrote:It is the opinion of the Great Chiefdom that this piece of legislation must stand for all eternity as the very standard for Security Council resolutions. This is in order to demonstrate the body's absolute and utter irrelevance in affecting international politics in any meaningful way. We oppose any attempt to repeal "Condemn NAZI Kingdom" for this reason. Further, Krioval couldn't care less if Nazis are condemned; it's a small graphic attached to a national dossier. It is utterly unworthy of the time and energy to repeal it.

So let me get this straight...

OOC Why would anyone waste their time doing that ? The SC is moribund of its own accord. Fueling the process of necrosis would be completely futile.

Edit: Oh and frankly I'm of the opinion that Condemn Nazi Europe should be left on the books as the high water mark of the SC's greatness or lack thereof.
Last edited by Qumkent on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador to the World Assembly for the Autonomous Principality of Qumkent, a constituent state of the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench

Learn more about the CSKU here - http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Urgench

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:49 am

Ms. Sarah Harper appreciates the intents of the repeal, but in her opinion the World Assembly should keep the resolution concerned as a message that racial hatred should not be tolerated.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Ms. Sarah Harper appreciates the intents of the repeal, but in her opinion the World Assembly should keep the resolution concerned as a message that racial hatred should not be tolerated.

"Racial Hatred ...?"

*double take*

"Racial Hatred !?"

"Why Racial Hatred? Ambassador? That simpleminded condemnation essentially says,

'Nazism is BAD, and HATEFUL'
'Any NAZI is HURTFUL to MINORITIES'
'Don't believe what the NAZIS tell you!'
'Oh, and while we're at it, let's condemn these dudes.'

My question is, what if a NS Nazi is a minority culture ? "
Last edited by Stash Kroh on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:"Racial Hatred ...?"

*double take*

"Racial Hatred !?"

"Why Racial Hatred? Ambassador? That simpleminded condemnation essentially says,

OOC: Minority cultures can oppress other minority cultures.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Krioval wrote:
Stash Kroh wrote:"Racial Hatred ...?"

*double take*

"Racial Hatred !?"

OOC: Minority cultures can oppress other minority cultures.

Apparently, your excellency, major cultures can oppress smaller ones too. Go figure.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:30 pm

OOC: A condemnation is hardly "oppression". Try again.

Jackie Clarkson
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 13, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby Jackie Clarkson » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:35 pm

*Just observing this debate to rid my region of the condemnation*
Last edited by Jackie Clarkson on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:20 pm

I'm all for this repeal. Basically the only reason it passed was because people saw the word "Nazi" in the regions named and then freaked the hell out. Indeed even the original propositions language basically boiled down to: "Nazi are bad; Nazi Europe has the word "Nazi" in it; Nazi Europe is bad. Please condemn, kthxbye"

Beyond that, haven't seen any convincing factual argument for what exact Nazi Europe did to deserve a Condemnation.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:45 am

Here is the proposal at vote !

So far, ambassadors have avoided it like the plague. After sleeping for a relatively small amount of time (shame on me) I came back to my office to see letters of 'we don't support the WASC' and 'NAZIS are BAD' pinned to the door. Nethertheless I'm still determined to get this up-to-vote.

So, your votes are vital to the success of this proposal -- and thank you, Evil Wolf for your approval, and heads up, because I've sent your delegate a campaign telegram (as with probably half of the WA's delegates) !
Last edited by Stash Kroh on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Birminghamia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Birminghamia » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:36 pm

The OP contacted me about voting for this proposal...
and I'm (ethnically) Jewish.
Last edited by Birminghamia on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yootopia wrote:
Nercer - wrote:Workers of the World Unite!

They can take our pocket money, BUT THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!

Peisandros wrote:
Birminghamia wrote:
Peisandros wrote:The kid was never in the balloon, infact he was hiding in the attic and they let it go off. I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

I thought so, also, but the Sheriff's Dept. says publicly they suspect it wasn't.

Bah, they're just trying to save face because they got pwned by a 6 year old.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:06 pm

Birminghamia wrote:The OP contacted me about voting for this proposal...

I didn't say I wasn't either :p

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:36 pm

It could be worse, he contacted me even though my region's WFE clearly states that I don't want to be contacted about Security Council proposals.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Flibbleites wrote:

It could be worse, he contacted me even though my region's WFE clearly states that I don't want to be contacted about Security Council proposals.

Ooops....

Birminghamia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Birminghamia » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:

I didn't say I wasn't either :p

If you were Jewish, you couldn't condone the very word 'Nazi'. I had cousins die in the ovens, the gas chambers, starvation, etc. The Nazi ideology is one of hatred, and that's all it is, virtual or not.
Last edited by Birminghamia on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yootopia wrote:
Nercer - wrote:Workers of the World Unite!

They can take our pocket money, BUT THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!

Peisandros wrote:
Birminghamia wrote:
Peisandros wrote:The kid was never in the balloon, infact he was hiding in the attic and they let it go off. I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

I thought so, also, but the Sheriff's Dept. says publicly they suspect it wasn't.

Bah, they're just trying to save face because they got pwned by a 6 year old.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives