NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Commend Eta Carinae

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Commend Eta Carinae

Postby Connopolis » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:31 am

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Eta Carinae | Proposed by: Connopolis/Warzone Codger

The Security Council,

Recognizing Eta Carinae as a nation who relentlessly seeks to actively identify domestic issues, and has successfully made many of these issues known by the all nations of the world,

Noting it was the first nation to the acknowledge the STD epidemic of VODAIS (Viral Overactive Dysfunction of the Auto-Immune System), formally a taboo topic among nations,

Further noting that Eta Carinae has addressed the issues of teen pregnancies, and has published many innovative, yet objective methods in regards to the how it should be addressed,

Applauding its analysis of the effects of child malnutrition, and introduction of several unbiased approaches that may be used to resolve the issue,

Grateful that it has disclosed the consequences of radical policies such as the prohibition of alcohol and compulsory vegetarianism,

Recognising that due to its tireless publication and analysis of these issues, all nations are cognizant of their consequences and possible solution,

Hereby Commends Eta Carinae.

Co-authored by: Connopolis/Warzone Codger

Eta Carinae is the most successful issues author out there, authoring six issues; more than any other nation. Here're the issues:

#140: A Grave Problem
#168: @@NAME@@ Plagued By STD Epidemic!
#185: "Bring Back Our Booze!" Cry Revellers
#200: Birds, Bees, And Breeding Teens
#203: Suffer The Starving Children?
#205: No More Broccoli, Beg Meat-Eaters

A statement by Codger that I thought was important to make note of:

Warzone Codger wrote:The SC had often made an effort to commend great deeds from differents part to the game, from gameplay to the various types of roleplay, and issue play is no different. The last attempt to recognise an issue player "Condemn HC Eredivisie" failed (I believe justly in that one, but it irked me the SC hasn't done anything for issue player) but I think this is more worthwhile.

To avoid Rule 4 I've tried to present it so Eta Carinae was the first nation to recognise this issues and bring it to attention to leaders across nationstates. I would of preferred to made it more offbeat, since the issues themselves are funny like that, so I need your help!

Some may wonder why he needs a commendation when he already has a badge for writing issues. You wouldn't know he wrote 6 issues unless you know to find his page. You also won't recognise how sigificant writing 6 issues is unless you went though the whole issues list and counted it. A commendation would made his acheivements known a little easier.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:49 am

Connopolis wrote:

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Eta Carinae | Proposed by: Connopolis/Warzone Codger

The Security Council,

Recognizing Eta Carinae as a nation who relentlessly seeks to actively identify domestic issues, and has successfully made many of these issues known by the all nations of the world,

Noting it was the first nation to the acknowledge the STD epidemic of VODAIS (Viral Overactive Dysfunction of the Auto-Immune System), formally a taboo topic among nations,

Further noting that Eta Carinae has addressed the issues of teen pregnancies, and has published many innovative, yet objective methods in regards to the how it should be addressed,

Applauding its analysis of the effects of child malnutrition, and introduction of several unbiased approaches that may be used to resolve the issue,

Grateful that it has disclosed the consequences of radical policies such as the prohibition of alcohol and compulsory vegetarianism,

Recognising that due to its tireless publication and analysis of these issues, all nations are cognizant of their consequences and possible solution,

Hereby Commends Eta Carinae.

Co-authored by: Connopolis/Warzone Codger

Eta Carinae is the most successful issues author out there, authoring six issues; more than any other nation. Here're the issues:

#140: A Grave Problem
#168: @@NAME@@ Plagued By STD Epidemic!
#185: "Bring Back Our Booze!" Cry Revellers
#200: Birds, Bees, And Breeding Teens
#203: Suffer The Starving Children?
#205: No More Broccoli, Beg Meat-Eaters

A statement by Codger that I thought was important to make note of:

Warzone Codger wrote:The SC had often made an effort to commend great deeds from differents part to the game, from gameplay to the various types of roleplay, and issue play is no different. The last attempt to recognise an issue player "Condemn HC Eredivisie" failed (I believe justly in that one, but it irked me the SC hasn't done anything for issue player) but I think this is more worthwhile.

To avoid Rule 4 I've tried to present it so Eta Carinae was the first nation to recognise this issues and bring it to attention to leaders across nationstates. I would of preferred to made it more offbeat, since the issues themselves are funny like that, so I need your help!

Some may wonder why he needs a commendation when he already has a badge for writing issues. You wouldn't know he wrote 6 issues unless you know to find his page. You also won't recognise how sigificant writing 6 issues is unless you went though the whole issues list and counted it. A commendation would made his acheivements known a little easier.

In red is a rule 4 violation.
Last edited by Crazy girl on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:37 pm

This is almost as bad as "Commend Northrop-Grumman," for the exact same reasons.

A mean old man wrote:I'm not really getting why the SC has to commend every person not directly involved in the administration who adds something to the game itself. Especially something extremely minor like this. Commendations weren't made so they could address events that essentially happen outside of the NS world.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:39 pm

For this.

Well deserved.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:25 pm

I like this proposal better than the mentioned proposal to Commend N-G, but I am still against this. This is, once again, commending a nation for a a technical verbose and doing something that essentially needs to be worded in a ridiculous manner to avoid breaking R4. I still believe that proposals like this are tantamount to commending [violet] for custom BBC code or for commending the nation that happened to add more emoticons.

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:17 am

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:I like this proposal better than the mentioned proposal to Commend N-G, but I am still against this. This is, once again, commending a nation for a a technical verbose and doing something that essentially needs to be worded in a ridiculous manner to avoid breaking R4. I still believe that proposals like this are tantamount to commending [violet] for custom BBC code or for commending the nation that happened to add more emoticons.

Not quite; issues contribute to the roleplaying aspect of the game, just like flag makers. Most nations that tend to play inter-regional roleplay at an amateur or intermediate level tend to view issues as long lasting decisions made within the nation; quite similar to WA resolutions, but much more versatile and flexible.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:25 am

Personally, I think we're taking this whole commending issue writers a bit too far. Sure commend the flag makers and the image makers, but issue writers? Let's commend NG instead.

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:05 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:Personally, I think we're taking this whole commending issue writers a bit too far. Sure commend the flag makers and the image makers, but issue writers? Let's commend NG instead.

Writing an issue is much, much harder than making a flag. I make most of my own flags (this one is an exception), and yet I haven't been commended for flag-making; it's simply not rational to commend someone only for making flags/images. Tiago Silva was commended because of the time and effort they put into flag making, and considering the importance of issues to newer nations (and sometimes older ones), I find it inappropriate that we deny issue authors recognition when their job involves much more skill than flag-making.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council