NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] Repeal "Condemn General Halcones"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Extremesy
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

[ABANDONED] Repeal "Condemn General Halcones"

Postby Extremesy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:27 pm

Please support this repeal by helping it reach quorum!
I will allow anyone to use parts of my draft in their own without giving me credit.

DETERMINING that SC#165; Condemn General Halcones fails to meet the standards for important Condemnations such as these, and was written in bad faith by its author nation.

DISGUSTED that the nation that authored SC#165, Nephmir, now openly admits that they gave this nation a Condemnation that was intended to be poorly written, so they would not have a proper Condemnation.

BELIEVING that this blatant manipulation of the process of the Security Council and the nations of the World Assembly should not be allowed to stand.

NOTING that SC#165 makes absolutely no mention of the important history between General Halcones and The Black Hawks, who were pivotal in turning General Halcones into a well-known raider prior to the existence of The Black Riders.

FURTHER DISGUSTED that the author nation openly admits information such as the above was left out in the Condemnation on purpose, so those that read it would not know all of this nation's sour deeds.

STATING that General Halcones has had almost no direct involvement in leading raids on over 5000 regions, contrary to one of the claims of SC#165; This contradiction is even noted in the Condemnation itself, which mentions in detail how General Halcones' system provides as much distance as possible between their actions and the actions of their forces.

BAFFLED by the fact that SC#165 condemns General Halcones partially on the basis that they have ordered their forces to vote against WA proposals that tackle International Crime, when General Halcones has shown no interest in the WA other than using it to capture regions.

BELIEVING that General Halcones should be Condemned, but by a more in-depth and more accurate Condemnation, so newer nations fully understand what they are dealing with when they cross paths with this nation.

MAKING IT KNOWN that the author nation's use of this Council to enact petty revenge on another by giving them a poorly-written Condemnation is unacceptable behavior and will not be allowed to stand, now or any other time.

Hereby Repeals SC#165: Condemn General Halcones.

A new revelation had me push this forward ASAP. I thought this should have been a better Condemnation in the first place, and a repeal would help open up the opportunity for someone to write it with some actual effort. As it turns out, the author of the Condemnation made it a bad one on purpose, as he admitted below in this thread:

AUTHOR OF THE ORIGINAL CONDEMN GENERAL HACLONES:
Nephmir wrote:I gave Halcones a semi-poorly written condemnation for two reasons, the main reason being that he wants all of his deeds to be recorded in the Condemnation; giving him a condemnation such as this was, in a way, heartbreaking, since he would want it to be repealed and replaced with something better that I, along with the international community (up until now apparently), don't think he deserves.

I have submitted this repeal to the SC. Now it needs to pass quorum. Please provide your support.
Last edited by Extremesy on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:47 am, edited 10 times in total.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:31 pm

I think this is an excellent proposal, and I am behind it.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:32 pm

(again I'm not concrete on the rules around here...) Is there issue with lines like "he allegedly orders his forces" - as in theory, it's a nation and thus has not a gender?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:(again I'm not concrete on the rules around here...) Is there issue with lines like "he allegedly orders his forces" - as in theory, it's a nation and thus has not a gender?

Yes. You are correct.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Looks good to me....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Extremesy
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Extremesy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks for your compliments on the draft, Feux and Chester Pearson.

Souls, Thanks for catching that silly Rule4b violation. I've fixed the line it was on.
Last edited by Extremesy on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westerly Winds
Secretary

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Westerly Winds » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 pm

"still assist him on"

Order, ordered, give orders to ...but not "they allegedly orders"

Glad to help :P I'm learning..slowly ;)
Last edited by Westerly Winds on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Extremesy
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Extremesy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:43 pm

Thanks for the extra assistance in spotting another sneaky Rule4 violation Westerly Winds, as well as "they allegedly orders" which was a monster created by too much rewriting. :p
Last edited by Extremesy on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 am

(both me, by the way, unintentional puppet switch ;P)

Glad to help!
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:04 am

Gest flies Den flag. Is he a Hawk Rider as well?
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Extremesy
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Extremesy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:58 am

I don't really understand what you're asking, Pepper... but I do know that for General Halcones, the Black Hawks and their actions were no less despicable and no less harmful to natives, years before before The Black Riders came around, and gave him the experience and connections he needed for The Black Riders to eventually succeed. I'm using Gest as an example of one of those connections. Sadly, all of that goes completely unmentioned in the original Condemnation. It's as if The Black Hawks didn't even exist. It's as if Halcones should only be punished for what he's done with his latest region, which I don't agree with.

Believe me I think he should be condemned too, but it should be done better, just like the original Black Riders proposal was done better after someone looked to repeal it.
Last edited by Extremesy on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:01 am

I gave Halcones a semi-poorly written condemnation for two reasons, the main reason being that he wants all of his deeds to be recorded in the Condemnation; giving him a condemnation such as this was, in a way, heartbreaking, since he would want it to be repealed and replaced with something better that I, along with the international community (up until now apparently), don't think he deserves.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:27 am

Nephmir wrote:I gave Halcones a semi-poorly written condemnation for two reasons, the main reason being that he wants all of his deeds to be recorded in the Condemnation; giving him a condemnation such as this was, in a way, heartbreaking, since he would want it to be repealed and replaced with something better that I, along with the international community (up until now apparently), don't think he deserves.

So, in other words, you did it for the badge?

The repeal has my full support.
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:00 pm

"New Players"?
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Extremesy
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Submitted it!

Postby Extremesy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Due to the new information that the author of the Condemnation wrote it poorly and left out information on purpose, I changed the tone of the repeal, fixed many rule violations, provided some touch-ups, and submitted the Repeal to the SC.

All support is appreciated, and will be necessary in getting this to pass.

Jordsindia
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordsindia » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:44 pm

My puppet will support it.
Represent

American and Proud!

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name!

-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:49 pm

New Brussels wrote:

So, in other words, you did it for the badge?

The repeal has my full support.

Um, no, read it again?

Extremesy wrote:Due to the new information that the author of the Condemnation wrote it poorly and left out information on purpose, I changed the tone of the repeal, fixed many rule violations, provided some touch-ups, and submitted the Repeal to the SC.

All support is appreciated, and will be necessary in getting this to pass.

It's almost like none of you were listening.

I don't know why I still bother.

Good luck.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Full support from myself and the rest of The Association of Imperialism!

Nephmir wrote:It's almost like none of you were listening.

Last time I checked it's hard to listen to someones who has left the forums a fair few dozen times~ :roll:
Last edited by Rifty on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:46 am

I am all for. I can't stand condemnations for TBR. First Gest, now Halcones. LOL
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

Normlpeople
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:27 pm

I never understood this thinking. Don't condemn raiders, thats what they want, but if your a WA deligate of a major region of an active defender in an alphabet "treaty", this place can't give them thier gold star fast enough. Condemnations are not a good thing, this place needs to realize that even if these raiders see it as honorable, it is not so at all.

General Harlcones needs to be condemned. I will support a repeal only if a better and more thorough condemnation is on the books already. As such, opposed.
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:46 am

Normlpeople wrote:

I never understood this thinking. Don't condemn raiders, thats what they want, but if your a WA deligate of a major region of an active defender in an alphabet "treaty", this place can't give them thier gold star fast enough. Condemnations are not a good thing, this place needs to realize that even if these raiders see it as honorable, it is not so at all.

General Harlcones needs to be condemned. I will support a repeal only if a better and more thorough condemnation is on the books already. As such, opposed.

Dude, you're just going to satisfy the raiders. I am absolutely sick and tired of those dipsh*t defenders who always tell us: "KILL THE BLACK RIDERS KILL THE BLACK RIDERS THEY ARE EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED!"

Then they try to destroy TBR by condemning TBR.
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:24 am

Redsward wrote:
Normlpeople wrote:

Dude, you're just going to satisfy the raiders. I am absolutely sick and tired of those dipsh*t defenders who always tell us: "KILL THE BLACK RIDERS KILL THE BLACK RIDERS THEY ARE EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED!"

Then they try to destroy TBR by condemning TBR.

In all seriousness, I don't think the Defenders are as dumb as you think.

Most people know that a Condemnation won't destroy a region. Kindly point to a Condemnation that stated that it was intended to destroy TBR or a member of it.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Toronina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:22 pm

So in other words, you did it so you could feel good and have more stuff to your name?
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Since a nation can have multiple condemnations it may be better for many reasons to write a better condemnation and get it passed and then repeal the one you think is poorly written.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:21 am

Novus Niciae wrote:Since a nation can have multiple condemnations it may be better for many reasons to write a better condemnation and get it passed and then repeal the one you think is poorly written.

Then the argument will be made that he already has one, so why should he have another. The SC had no problems repealing Luna's commendation so that it could be replaced with a better one (that has yet to materialize)....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads