NATION

PASSWORD

Wolfenium - Annals of History (MT Factbook, NO POSTING)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Wolfenium - Annals of History (MT Factbook, NO POSTING)

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:45 am

OOC: This is the History section of my MT factbook, since it's starting to become too big, so I decided to split the section from the main factbook. To be updated whenever I can. For more information from my main MT factbook, see signature or click here.

"Everyone has a story to tell, tales of mystery and intrigue. Stories of bravery, courage and sacrifice. Stories of treachery, deceit and betrayal. Whatever the fable, whatever the word, each person has a unique story, all interwoven in an annal we call 'life'. This is a tale of one such act. Buried in the annals of Astoli history lies a tale of a nation built on blood and steel, forged by war and chaos, nurtured for peace and stability. This is the tale of Wolfenium. This is their story..."

-Durheim, Astoli Archiver

1. Prologue - Battle of the Ancients (Coming Soon)
  2. Chapter I - Founding of an Empire
  3. Chapter II - Blood of a People
  4. Chapter III - Black and White Summer (Coming Soon)
  5. Chapter IV - Rise of the Desert Wolf
  6. Chapter V - Prelude to Chaos
  7. Chapter VI - Crimson Snow (In Progress)

Imperial Succession
(C.E./A.D. - Gregorian Calender| I.C. - Imperial Calender)

• Staufen Dynasty (1713 C.E - 1779 C.E.| 3 I.C. - 69 I.C.)
    • Fredrick Staufen, First Sovereign of Wolfenium
      • Lived: 1693 C.E. - 1715 C.E.| Year 7, Before Imperium - 5 I.C.
      • Reigned: 1713 C.E. - 1715 C.E.| 3 I.C. - 5 I.C.
    • Heydrich Staufen, Second Sovereign of Wolfenium
      (Appearance at 85)
      • Lived: 1691 C.E. - 1776 C.E.| 5 B.I. - 66 I.C.
      • Reigned: 1715 C.E. - 1776 C.E.| 5 I.C. - 66 I.C.
    • Erna Staufen-Scharlachrot, Third Sovereign of Wolfenium
      • Lived: 1761 C.E. - 1779 C.E.| 51 I.C. - 69 I.C.
      • Reigned: 1776 C.E. - 1779 C.E.| 66 I.C. - 69 I.C.
  • Sommer Dynasty
    • Wolfgang Sommer-Gensch, Fourth Sovereign of Wolfenium
      • Lived: 1762 C.E. - 1791 C.E.| 52 I.C. - 81 I.C.
      • Reigned: 1779 C.E. - 1791 C.E.| 69 I.C. - 81 I.C.
    • Otto Fredrich Sommer-Ingolstadt, Fifth Sovereign of Wolfenium
      • Lived: 1760 C.E. - 1901 C.E.| 50 I.C. - 191 I.C.
      • Reigned: 1791 C.E. - 1901 C.E.| 81 I.C. - 191 I.C.
    • Franz Joseph Sommer-Ingolstadt, Sixth Sovereign of Wolfenium
      (Appearance at 15)
      • Lived: 1886 C.E. - 1970 C.E.| 176 I.C. - 260 I.C.
      • Reigned: 1901 C.E. - 1970 C.E.| 191 I.C. - 260 I.C.
  • Wolfenstein Dynasty
    • Heinrich von Wolfenstein, Seventh Sovereign of Wolfenium
      • Lived: 1950 C.E. to 2000 C.E.| 240 I.C. - 290 I.C.
      • Reigned: 1970 C.E. - 2000 C.E.| 260 I.C. - 290 I.C.
    • Karl Franz von Wolfenstein, Eighth Sovereign of Wolfenium
      (Appearance at 13)
      • Lived: 1987 C.E. - Present| 277 I.C. - Present
      • Reigned: 2000 C.E. - Present| 290 I.C. - Present
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:47 am

Prolog - Kampf der Alten
Prologue - Battle of the Ancients

(Reserved)
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:50 am

Kapitel I - Gründung eines Kaiserreich
Chapter I - Founding of an Empire

Fredrick Staufen, Prince and Sovereign of Alstein, First Emperor of Wolfenium

Pyotr Mikhailovich Remitonov, Tsar of the Commonwealth of Amythyst

It was the height of the Warring States Era, a time of chaos and civil strife. What was once the proud Holy Wolfen Empire was shattered into various city-states, all vying for power. Most, if not all of these states, were either vassals, tributes or outright colonies of the Commonwealth of Amythyist, which controlled the entire continent of Astol. The Tsar of Amythyist ruled over the nation with an iron fist and a cold hand, suppressing all acts of dissent with ruthless efficiency through the use of the feared Gvardiya.

However, just when the people of South Astol faced its lowest point, a hero rose to take on the challenge. Fredrick Staufen, ruler and prince of the Principality of Alstein, had grown tired of watching his people suffer under the oppression of the north. Having witnessed for himself the brutality of the Commonwealth occupiers, he rallied the people of South Astol together in a rebellion that would shift the balance of power in the region forever. With his allies beside him, he launched a campaign against the Amythysians and fought what would be known as the Wolfen War of Independence. Through sheer determination and cunning against incredible odds, his South Astoli Alliance, a coalition of anti-colonial city-states, succeeded in driving out the Amythysians and liberating their homelands and by 1710 A.D. most of the South Astoli states had been liberated by the Alliance and unified under the allied banner.

But with their newfound freedom came new problems. Questions over who shall run their newly liberated lands ran high. Many states were rivals merely brought together against a common foe. Others have a differing opinion on how the nation should be run. With civil war looming and a resurgent Commonwealth biding their time to retake the colonies, Prince Staufen made a daring proposal - to elect a new monarch to oversee the rule over all of South Astol. This would ensure that while the various states maintained their own sovereignty, they would now have a unifying element to bind them together. Thus came the establishment of a new nation - a nation that would succeed the once shattered Holy Wolfen Empire which once stood on these grounds. That nation was Wolfenium.

Staufen never intended to become the emperor of this new nation. He had believed that someone new should take to the throne to guide the people on the road to peace. The people of South Astol had no such leader - except for Staufen. Thus, with great reluctance, Staufen became the first Wolfen emperor to rule over the new nation. Sadly, injuries and ill health had taken a toll on the new monarch and at just 32, Staufen died from an infection from old wounds, leaving his throne to his elder brother, Heydrich, to continue the Staufen dynasty. However, the empire's troubles were only just beginning as the people of this newly free land must now find its place and identity in the world once again...

Last edited by Wolfenium on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:53 am

Kapital II - Blut eines Volken
Chapter II - Blood of a People

More information on the Wolfen Civil War: Factbook

Under Renovation!

Erna Staufen-Scharlachrot, Spouse of Aldrich Staufen, later Third Sovereign of Wolfenium

Staufen-aligned States
Aldrich Staufen, Crown Prince of Wolfenium, Heir to the Wolfen imperial crown

Heydrich Staufen, Second Emperor of Wolfenium, Grand Duke of Alstein

Reinhart Sommer, last reigning King of Eden, eldest son to the late King Christoph Sommer

Otto Friedrich Sommer, Archduke of Kristallburg, later Fifth Sovereign of Wolfenium, second son to the late King Christoph Sommer

Wolfgang Sommer, Chancellor of the Reichstag, later Fourth Sovereign of Wolfenium, youngest son to the late King Christoph Sommer

Segbrecht-aligned States
Olivie Segbrecht, Saint Queen of Belka, Unifier of Belka

http://chikorita157.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tearstotiara-ep13-scr1.jpg
Johann von Ehrlich, Reigning Prince of Koln

Neutral States
Cecilie von Spitzweg, 26th Demon King of the Greater Demon Kingdom

Foreign Powers
Isidora Ivanova Remitonova, Tsarina of the Remitonov Dynasty

Akilina Fydorovna Remitonova, Margravine of Kosvolyet, Pretender to the Remitonov Dynasty

Baldric 'Rick' Remington, Earl of Albion, Marshall of the Royal Army, Head of the Amythysian Gvardiya

Yang Youwei, Republican Navy Admiral, Emissary to the Prince of Koln

Year 66 of the Imperial Calender (1776 A.D.), barely over half a century since the end of the War for Independence, the newfound nation of Wolfenium was rapidly rising as a regional power. Under the leadership of Emperor Heydrich Staufen of Alstein, brother to the first emperor Fredrick, the empire's borders had expanded across the Alstein ridge, controlling the richest mineral deposits in the country. However, despite their victory over the Amythysians, south Astol was far from a united land. Not all the states supported Fredrick's command of the new empire and many of the former allies that once fought together against the might of Alisagrad now faced each other in mortal combat.

Led by the Crown Prince Aldrich Staufen, son and heir to Emperor Heydrich, Wolfenium had made significant gains against remnants of the Commonwealth colonies and the empire's former allies. The biggest prize he had claimed in his father's name was Kristallin, an Amythysian mining colony located in the southern-most part of Astol. Conquest of the region gave the Fatherland unprecedented access to the region's rich mineral deposits. However, with such success came envy and suspicion. Driven by fear and greed, the states that once fought under Fredrick's banner soon turned on their former saviour, forcing Aldrich and his men into war, after war, after war... Ultimately, even with all his military skill and brilliance, Aldrich was finally felled by the knights of Alstein's arch-rival, Belka. In the dark December, Year 66, Aldrich died without an heir or a throne, leaving behind his widow, Erna. Aggrieved, Heydrich soon followed his son, leaving a nation without a male heir. Forced to take on the crown, Erna, third Kaiserin of Wolfenium, must now oversee a nation rapidly fracturing into civil war.

Blood of a nation, unjustly spilled
Tears of a people, cruelly shed
Sorrow of a land, irradiated without
Agony of a world, hideously torn apart...

-Johann von Ehrlich, last reigning Prince of Koln

Divided into a vast collection of rivalling city-states, Wolfenium was land unified only in name. Autonomous and power-hungry, the numerous lords of the Empire were quick to revive their conflicts in the wake of Amythyst's expulsion from the land. Brothers-at-arms, which had once stood side by side against a common foe, now struck at each other's hearts like wild animals.

However, none was as more divisive as the conflict to decide the nation's future. At the helm of the imperial throne was Alstein, led by the Staufen family. Heroes of the empire, their fame for rallying the people of Wolfenium against the Amythysians remained a powerful tool to call upon in times of need. However, their desire to reshape the nation into a democratic state and abolished the long-held feudal system of old was met with violent opposition from many of the empire's noble lords. Having been granted the right of rule by birth, many of these lords rejected what they called 'Vinchian propaganda' in the face of losing their status and power.

But the most ardent opponents to the edict turned out to be one of the strongest allies Alstein had ever had - Belka. Led by the newly crowned Saint Queen, Olivie Segbrecht, the Belkans were famed for their chivalry and honour. Despite their warm relations with the imperial clan in the past, the kingdom valued their autonomy more than anything. The proposal itself was seen as an attack on their independence, as it would divert all power to the Kaiserin in Alstein. With that, they rallied an allied opposition against the imperial states, in an attempt to force the Kaiserin to rescind on her decree. Thus began one of the bloodiest episodes in Wolfen history, a fight that would change the empire forever.

Last edited by Wolfenium on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:38 am, edited 51 times in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:54 am

Kapital III - Schwarz-Weiß-Sommer
Chapter III - Black and White Summer
Playing: [/url]
Last edited by Wolfenium on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:55 am

Kapital IV - Aufstieg der Wüstenwolf
Chapter IV - Rise of the Desert Wolf
Playing: Rain by Sid - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Opening 5
IC information: Anniversary of a Tragedy

Captain Heinrich von Wolfenstein - Wolfen Imperial Army Officer, Grandmaster of the Wolfen Iron Cross Order and Seventh Emperor of Wolfenium

Emperor Franz Josef Sommer (194 - 269 I.C./ 1904-1979 A.D) - Sixth Emperor of Wolfenium

Second Prince Leopold Sommer - Emperor Candidate

Shirou Katsuga (三京日 獅郎 Kātsuga Shirō) - Leader of the Fusou resistance

Aoi Katsuga (née Kusakabe) (日下部 葵 Kusakabe Aoi) - Ethnic Fusou Civil Rights Activist

It was the year 258 of the Imperial Calender (1968 C.E.), more than twenty-five decades since the founding of the Empire, Wolfenium was now a prosperous, thriving nation, located at the heart of the Astoli trade routes. With its newfound wealth, Wolfenium emerged as an economic powerhouse of its own, basking in the success of their new golden age. Many even believed that Wolfenium itself would soon become the superpower it was 'destined' to be, rivaling the great Commonwealth itself.

But while the Fatherland had risen among the ranks of the First World, society itself remained a fractured mirror. Ruberian-centered nationalism ran high, and most of the immigrant communities, especially descendants of the Ilyushian colonial labourers, were ostracized by the native population, often living in squalor amongst the more affluent Ruberian Wolfen populous. Frustrated at the continued wave of social inequality and inspired by the newly arisen civil rights revolution in Agaria, several Ilyushians, led by the charismatic leader, Shirou Katsuga, stormed the Royal Palace in protest, demanding equal rights and social benefits for the outcast minorities. Sadly, the protest went awry as the ailing Emperor Sommer, misinformed by his overreacting sons, ordered the protesters put down. What ensued was a bloody massacre which sparked outrage and ignited a civil conflict that would ultimately rival even the First Astoli War later on - the Fusou Uprising.

At once, Wolfenium found itself confronted with an enemy so rooted within imperial society, it was nigh-impossible to tell friend from foe. While the Ilyushians as a whole were treated with suspicion, a sizable number of resistance fighters were actually ethnic Ruberians. As a result, the entire nation faced a serious meltdown as resistance attacks escalated throughout the rural east. In response, the Wolfen Imperial Army, led by the ambitious prince Leopold, were sent to quell the uprising.

However, the campaign itself went anything but smoothly. Against a force of highly trained guerrilla fighters, the closed-minded Leopold and his men stood little chance of victory. But just as desperation sinks into the Wolfen ranks, one officer defied the odds. A veteran of the Sebelkeh desert campaign against the corsairs, Captain Heinrich von Wolfenstein, known by his men as the Desert Wolf, quickly rose through the ranks to lead the men to victory. Using unorthodox tactics and cunning strategy, the officer quickly turned the tide of the war in the emperor's favour. But while his skills and tactics were legendary, what finally ended the uprising was not a mop up of the rebels but rather, a negotiated peace which not only put an bloodless end to years of painful struggle, but also cemented the loyalty and gratitude of the immigrant population by granting the one thing they had been fighting for the most - equality. The nationalists fumed at the officer's decision, but the emperor, who was secretly keeping watch, was impressed by the boy's skill in diplomacy, much unlike the trigger-happy 'patriots' of his sons. Thus, as Emperor Sommer laid on his deathbed, watched intently by his eager sons and caretakers, the emperor declared an end to the Sommer dynasty - and named Heinrich as his heir and seventh Emperor of Wolfenium.

Under the guidance of the new emperor, Heinrich led Wolfenium through a silver age, continuing the success of his predecessor and most importantly, taking over the spearheading in a thaw in relations with their former enemy, the Amythysians. Although the progress was slow, Heinrich took great pains to ensure the restoration of ties between the two rivals. Coincidentally, it was through his efforts here that he had also found the love of his life - a young chambermaid serving in the House of Remington by the name of Idunn...

Idunn, chambermaid and guardian of the Tsesarevna

Princess Ariel Evangeline Remington, Tsesarevna of Amythyist

It was a typical Romeo and Juliet story. Heinrich was then a simple Captain in the Wolfen Imperial Army aiding the ageing emperor Franz Josef Sommer when he first met Idunn at the Astoli Summit in Ixpella. Idunn was Ariel's personal maid and bodyguard, a half-elf, half-nymph capable of using fire and water magic, an impossibility under normal circumstances. The two fell in love at first sight and both hoped to build a new life outside the wretched hell-hole that was Astol.

Sadly, politics proved to be an insurmountable barrier for both of them. Heinrich was a Wolfener, loyal to the empire and committed to the eternal struggle for the imperial crown. Idunn was Amythysian, a citizen of the Commonwealth and bound to her duty to the Tsar. Both nations were at a state of constant tension and strife, stretching all the way to Wolfen's War of Independence three centuries ago. Neither of their families allowed the relationship, and both Idunn and Heinrich struggled to hold on to their affair, visiting each other in secret and in brief moments.

But in the end, Onyxus (Crystallian god of death) had other plans. Idunn was killed by human supremacists within the ranks of Amythysian nobility in an assassination attempt on the royal family, and Heinrich was forced back into his arranged marriage with their allies, the Falkens. Her death forever scarred the new emperor, and Heinrich never truly smiled again. However, her ideals of peace and freedom for Astol had made its mark on the emperor and Heinrich spent his later life rebuilding soured relations with Amythyist. But tragedy would strike the emperor and his family yet again, as a horrific arson claimed the lives of most of the clan, including Heinrich. What truly sealed their tragic fate, however, was a vicious war which, in the end, undid everything the two worked for and, like their romance, left relations between the two nations shattered beyond repair. Ultimately, the most cruel irony of all, was that this tragedy was, intentionally or not, the act of Idunn's most trusted friend... Ariel.

-Demetria, Venusiyan Poet
Last edited by Wolfenium on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:31 am, edited 8 times in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:56 am

Kapital V - Vorspiel zum Chaos
Chapter V - Prelude to Chaos
Playing: Past Story, by Yasuharu Takanashi - Fairy Tail OST vol. 1

Crown Prince Karl Franz von Wolfenstein, Eighth Emperor of Wolfenium - Age 13

April 2nd, Year 290 (2000 C.E.) of the Imperial Calender. Tensions between the Commonwealth of Amythyist and the Agarian Federation were were building at a rapid pace as the little ice age swallowed much of continental Astol. The ice, which remained of unknown origin, was freezing over much of the Commonwealth of Amythyist down to Wolfenium's northern regions. The Commonwealth, which laid within the path of the encroaching glaciers from the north, bore the brunt of the ice age as poor harvests and infrastructure and an increasing wide income gap between the ruling class and the masses took its toll on the people. Famine, drought and disease ran rampant as widespread rebellion swept across the nation. Separatists, warlords and revolutionaries alike quickly plunged the country into a civil bloodbath.

Relations outside the Commonwealth also took a toll as its rival, the Agarian Federation cuts its exports to stock up on needed grain for the coming ice. With little food left for the masses and eager for a quick solution, the Amythysians turned to the one option that had served them well thus far... war. Their eyes turned to a small nation just south of their border - a former colony which broke away from the Commonwealth close to three centuries ago - Wolfenium. The nation had long been a thorn in the eyes of the Amythysian leadership, not only for the humiliation of defeat, but also for our prosperity in the face of the crisis. Conquest of the nation would not only grant Amythyist reprieve from the ice age and endless prestige, but also create the staging ground for an eventuall battle against the Federation.

But as long as the ageing Emperor Heinrich remained in power, the nobles could not hope to touch the empire, for fear of offending the Tsarina, Ariel Evangeline Remington. They knew all too well the influence the emperor had on her and feared that their own power on the Commonwealth would soon erode, effectively turning the vast nation into a mere puppet state under the iron-willed Wolfen emperor.

Then came that fateful day... the day the Sommers, the former royal family, staged an assassination attempt meant to restore their family's reign on the throne and eliminate the usurper who seized control of the crown and overthrew the disgraced princes. With help from their mysterious patrons, the Sommers staged an arson attack that would not only wipe out the Wolfenstein clan, but allow them to enact a coup and impose martial law, effectively taking control of the nation.

The arson was to have devastating effects... most of the royal family, including the ageing Emperor Heinrich, were killed in the blaze, and the Sommers acted out as planned. But the attack was doomed from the start. The attempted coup gained little support from the military and the populous, and loyalist forces easily restored order within minutes of the coup. What truly marked their failure, however, was the survival of some of the key heirs to the throne, namely the 13 year old Crown Prince Karl. The perpetrators were quickly identified and the princes executed by beheading. Unfortunately, it was too little too late. Most of the clan was dead and the young, inexperienced crown prince was left to take his my grandfather's place on the throne on such short notice. In the end, the only victors in the struggle was the very masterminds who manipulated the power-mad Sommers from the shadows - the Amythysian aristocracy.

With the proud emperor Heinrich dead, the nobles of Amythyist was now free to control the defenceless Tsarina at their own whim. With frivilous news of chaos throughout the Commonwealth, they finally goaded the poor Tsarina into a war thought to be all but won. Thus begins the true tragedy of the Fire of the White Citadel, a tragedy that will ultimately change the face of Astol forever... The First Astoli War...

-Schwarzlicht, Guardian of the Sovereign of Wolfenium, Archiver in the Imperial State Archives
Last edited by Wolfenium on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:57 am

Chapter VI - Purpurrot Schnee
Chapter VI - Crimson Snow
Playing: Brave Soldat by Sean Murray - Call of Duty World At War Soundtrack

Siege of Saint Olivie, Belka, Empire of Wolfenium 292 I.C. (2002 A.D.)

Fall of Randgriz, Principality of Gallia, Halkenginia, Commonwealth of Amythyist, 293 I.C. (2003 A.D.)

Freond State Alchemists - Freond State Military/Wolfen Imperial Army

Belkan Combat Mages - Wolfen Imperial Air Force

Halkenginian Corsairs - Wolfen Foreign Legion/Mercenaries

Vampire '[i]Night Raider' (Nochʹ Ryeĭdera) - Amythysian Gvardiya Special Forces - Pereda Division[/i]

Halkeginian Witch - Amythysian Foreign Legion - Joint Fighter Division

Alchemist Warrior - Amythysian Army - 1st Alchemist Army

April 7th, Year 290 I.C. (Imperial Calender), just five days after the horrific arson attack on the White Citadel, seven armoured divisions from the Amythysian Royal Army stormed the border between the Amythysian vassal states of Halkenginia and the Wolfen province of Belka. It was an act that utterly shattered decades of warming relations between the two nations, a betrayal of the late emperor's trust that would forever be engraved in the psyche of the Wolfen people. Within weeks of the assault, most of the province had already fallen into Amythysian hands...

The Amythysians, confident of their vast numerical superiority, predicted a swift victory over Wolfenium in less than six weeks. However, they had grossly underestimated the strength and resolve of the Wolfen Imperial Defence Force and their defences. The vast network of mountain fortresses lining the country proved to be an insurmountable obstacle to the Amythysian forces. What transpired was six long and painful years of violence, bloodshed and pure despair...

By the time the ceasefire was called upon, 6 million Wolfeners and 8 million Amythysians laid dead on the fields of Belka and Halkinginia - of which civilian casualties numbered 3 million and 4 million for both Wolfen and Amythysian sides.

But the war was to have far more reaching effects on the region. Patriotic fervour and old vendettas were renewed, and the nightmares of the War for Wolfen Independence and the Warring States were to serve as rallying calls for hostility and extermination. The Wolfen people felt betrayed by the deceit posed by their former colonial oppressors and many cannot see a future with the north any more. Now forced to bear the burden of a fragile ceasefire, the young emperor Karl Franz must now convince his vengeful people to seek a peaceful solution with the north, or face yet another bloody conflict in their hands.

Amythyst, too, was to face dire consequences for their actions. Faced with a rampant socialist revolution and the possible disintegration of their empire, the Commonwealth was now bogged down in a conflict that was never supposed to last. With men and resources pinned down along the border, Amythyst was now even less prepared to fend off unrest throughout the nation. Mired by an age-old animosity that was unceremoniously dug up, the Tsarina, too, must find a way to appease both her own people and her paranoid adversaries.

-Schwarzlicht, Guardian of the Sovereign of Wolfenium, Archiver in the Imperial State Archives

Timeline:
  1. April 2nd, 290 I.C. - Fire of the White Citadel - 42 dead and dozens injured in arson attack. Emperor Heinrich dies. Crown Prince Karl Franz ascends the throne.
  2. April 7th, 290 I.C. to Spring 292 I.C. - Outbreak of the First Astoli War, elements of the Amythysian Expeditionary Force (A.E.F.) launched an attack on the empire, via the province of Belka, thus opening the Wolfen Front.
    • Siege of Saint Olivie (Decisive Wolfen Victory)
    • Battle of the Heinrich Line (Decisive Wolfen Victory)
    • Battle of Ixpellia/Liberation of Ixpellia (Wolfen Victory)
      • Amythysian forces evacuate from Wolfenium, marking the end of the Belkan Campaign. Three million Amythysian soldiers were left dead, wounded and captured at the end of the Ixpellia evacuations. Wolfen casualties amounted to nearly twice that number, five million of which are civilians.
  3. Summer, 291 I.C. - Fall Rot/Operation Red - Wolfenium launches a surprise counteroffensive against the Amythysians in the Commonwealth's vassal region of Halkenginia.
    • 1st Battle of Bruhl (Wolfen Victory)
    • Surrender of Tristain and conquest of the southern states
    • Fall of Randgriz (Wolfen Victory)
  4. Spring, 294 I.C. - Most of Halkenginia is under Wolfen control, including the provincial capital, Randgriz. Wolfenium reaches farthest extent of control over Amythysian territory, pushing as far in as the Sapphirian city states.
    • Battle of Aprilius (Decisive Amythysian Victory)
    • Battle of the Smirnov Line (Tactical Stalemate/Amythysian Strategic Victory)
  5. Autumn, 294 I.C. - Amythyist launches Operation Spearhead, the largest counteroffensive of the war by far, retakes Randgriz and pushes as far as the border town of Bruhl, along the former border. However, a long and bloody stalemate ensued as the Amythysian and Wolfen sides were bogged down in their defence lines, the Zhukov and the Heidi lines.
    • Liberation of Randgriz (Amythysian Victory)
  6. 25th June 296 I.C. - After intense negotiations, both sides fail to negotiate a proper peace settlement to the war in Wolfen-occupied Bruhl. Instead both sides signed the Bruhl Armistice, an 'indefinite' ceasefire between the two factions to be enacted six months later, on 25th December 296 I.C., on the 1111 hours.
  7. 18th December 296 I.C. - The Wintersday Offensive - The single last attempt at a breakthrough was made in the town of Bruhl, the site of Wolfenium's first counteroffensive against the Commonwealth. After hours of bitter fighting, however, it was clear that the A.E.F. were close to a breakthrough - and a potential repeat of the bloody Belkan campaign. Thus came the Last Order - the use of a magical spell by a single person to wipe out the A.E.F. force, the town and its inhabitants. The result was the total annihilation of the forces at the bulge, the single total destruction of Bruhl and the crushing of any last, lingering Amythysian hope of retaking the rest of Halkenginia. Thus marked the end of six years of blood, sweat and tears and would forever mar the memory of Astol for generations to come...
    • Battle of the Heidi Line (Inconclusive/Wolfen Strategic Victory)
    • 2nd Battle of Bruhl (18th December, 296 I.C.) (Decisive Wolfen Victory)- Total destruction of the town, the Gallian army and close to a quarter of the A.E.F. contingent there
Last edited by Wolfenium on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:40 am, edited 20 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information