NATION

PASSWORD

BN Factbook (Open to comments!) (UPDATE 3)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Banded Nations
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

BN Factbook (Open to comments!) (UPDATE 3)

Postby Banded Nations » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Image Image
*Image*
The Democratic Republic of the Banded Nations
The Bird represents our Country.
The Phoenix represents Freedom.
The Lion represents Courage.
The Dragon represents strength in numbers.
The White represents our wits.
The Black represents our power.
The Yellow represents Emmerich Gustav, our nation's founder.

Banded Nations Theme Song:
"Brothers in Arms"

Julian Army Theme Song:
"For Julius!"

Alternate Theme Song:
"Hell March."

I.Geography
Image -Map Credits: West Ponte

The Banded Nations sits peacefully in the central Europe, mostly landlocked with the Marke sea to the north, the only body of water by the nation allowing room for trade and naval exercises. The terrain in the BN is thankfully flat and grassy with many lush forests in the north making fruit and vegetables a primary resource. Other natural resources include iron, timber and oil; the Marke sea has proved to be a large sector for oil drilling.
The land is dotted, but not dominated, with many large cities including the capital, Alexander, and Bronze. Many rivers and streams run through the middle of the country, making water far from scarce, although much of the water has been polluted by industrial plants. Pollution is a problem in the BN, with many agencies working to clean it up. Radiation pockets are slowly disappearing in the north due to a biochemical lab explosion in the past. Other then that, the environment has occurred no serious issues yet, and thankfully a missile nor nuclear attack has never been launched at the nation, leaving none of it in ruins.

Rieti
Map credits: Cyrupe
OOC Note: Rieti looks bigger then the BN because the two maps were made by two different people, I assure you that the BN is much larger. Image

Rieti is approximately 18 miles long and 8 miles wide at its thickest. The island sits peacefully in the Marke sea above the Banded Nations, a tropical paradise making a large spot for tourists. There are 3 volcanoes on the island:
Rieti National Volcano (RNV) a cinder cone volcano that is long inactive and now marks the middle of a national park in Caden, making it a very popular city.

Topaz Volcano, a Composite volcano, inactive for two years located near Austin, hidden away in the mountains, but creates a sizable tourist attraction.

Cyrupe's Volcano, another cinder cone volcano formed 6 miles north of Port Aran that is currently active today. Tourists are not allowed within 1 mile of the volcano, but a fantastic view of it can be seen near a man made dome near Port Aran. Many tourists come to the location because it is very convenient to view being close to a port, but that of course has its downsides.

3.Known History of the Banded Nations.
The land was discovered by settlers who sailed there from Germany and Italy looking for more land in Europe. The settlers stopped along the island chain in the Marke sea, an island they stopped on later was adopted by the nation and called Rieti.
The nation formed in under the rule of Emmerich Gustav in 1899. The nation was originally named Julius, making the citizens of the nation (and still today) being called Julians. No one is sure of the reason why the nation was named as such, but one theory was Gustav's strong interests in Ancient Roman society.
After much dispute, the Julian government was finally set up as a Monarchy, ruled by Gustav. According to written records, most respected Gustav, respecting his laws although most of them were harsh. Most of which, effected criminals. If a man was caught committing a crime, he would have to serve the appropriate jail time, and in addition, when he was released, he would be forbidden to work, forcing his family to support him. If the man had no family to support him, then he would be forced to work as a manual laborer.

In 1918, Gustav was overthrown by small military group who has rebelled from the Julian Army. They mended the government to a military dictatorship which enforced all men from age 18 to age 25 to be conscripted into the military. The rule lasted 6 long rules until Gustav managed retake control of the nation's government and converted back into a Monarchy. Sadly Gustav's reign was ended permanently in a little short of a year after he caught the Red Plague and passed away.

Without hesitation Gustav's Nephew, Erik Johan was chosen to rule. Johan had little experience at ruling much at the age of 23, and was easily swayed by military leaders. Many sources say he converted the government to a Plutocracy, Dictatorship or even a Autocracy, but most scholars agree that it was finally and permanently converted to a Diplomatic Republic in 1934.

Currently being updated, please comment!
Last edited by Banded Nations on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 11 times in total.
DEFCON: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
My nation is formerly called Julius, making my citizens Julians.
[I am a Past Modern Tech Nation.]
Banded Nations National Factbook
BN Military Factbook
Julian Arms Market
The Maxis Conflict (DRAFT)
Sangelia (For show)

F7-Leader of the esteemed F7 mob. See?

Banded Nations
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Banded Nations » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Please comment!
DEFCON: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
My nation is formerly called Julius, making my citizens Julians.
[I am a Past Modern Tech Nation.]
Banded Nations National Factbook
BN Military Factbook
Julian Arms Market
The Maxis Conflict (DRAFT)
Sangelia (For show)

F7-Leader of the esteemed F7 mob. See?

Return to Factbooks and National Information