NATION

PASSWORD

Novistranian Factbook

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Novistrainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Novistranian Factbook

Postby Novistrainia » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Federal Republic of Novistrainia

1. Information
2. Political & Physical Geography
3. Military Information
4. Economy
5. Military Equipment
6. Embassy Application

Information
National Currency: Gold Credits
GNP: 4.87 Billion G.C.
down 250 million G.C.

Population: 217 Million
57 Million >65
100 Million 18-64
60 Million <18
Avg. 1 car per 1.3 households
Avg. 2 Telephone per 1 households
Avg. 1 Computer per 3 households
Government: Federal Democracy, Temporary Dictatorship
Executive: Emperor: Lucion I
President: Karl Yugislouis
Vice-President: Jeff Karlision
Legislative: High-Council: 9 Members
Grand Council: 125 Members
Lower Council: 655 Members
Judicial: Supreme Authority Court: 3 Members
Federal Court: 25 Judicial Members
Lower Court: 55 Judicial Members

History: Originally Led by a very hands off government when the economy collapsed a small but radical group overthrew it and established the Federation and quickly applied its Political system on the other cities that reside on this rather large Island or small continent. The Government is a twofold system with a traditional Democratic system, as the Federal Government, with an Emperor and select group at the top. Though as the Constitution States that after the death or resignation of an Emperor the High Council cease to exist and all power goes back to the Main Government. The only way to make someone Emperor is by a unanimous decision by both the Grand and Lower Court, thereby giving that person almost unlimited power, as long as that person does not violate the constitution or change the constitution, an elite force of soldiers are trained to enforce this rule.

Political and Physical Geography
Capital: Novistrania
I will send a picture for those who ask

Military Information
Active Soldiers: 1,500,000
Reserve Soldiers: 1,110,500
Trained Citizenry: 32.87 Million
Military Service: 4 years
Service Age: 18-45
Service Required for the Right of Franchise
Armor:
5,100 Tanks
112,000Transports

Active Seamen: 300,000
Reserve Seamen: 202,000
Vessels of War: 35
Vessels of Transport: 100
Vessels of War:
Corvettes: 20
Destroyers: 21
Cruisers: 25
Submarines: 16
Carrier: 3
Vessels of Transport:
Beach Landing Craft: 50
Large Transport Craft: 75
Medium Transport Craft: 15

Active Airmen: 19,000
Reserve Airmen: 16,000
Interceptors: 255
Bombers: 175
Helicopters: 50

Active FS: 2,500

Duties: To ensure the Constitution is followed to the letter by the Federal Government and Emperor, also the most elite fighting force of Novistrainia, having the newest weapons and armor in their hands.

Economy
Tax Rate: 60%
Main Exports: Book Publishing Service, Call Centers, roulette tables
No Income Tax, no restriction on purchases
All Drugs that are medicinal are illegal, this is heavily enforced.

Military Equipment:
FA Equipment:
Pistol:
Leng-12
Bullet: 10 Millimeter
15-round Clip
Action: Semi-Automatic; Single-Action
Muzzle Velocity: 1,128ft/sec
Overall Length: 227 mm
In Service: 2.9 million +
Production: 12,000/month
History: In the Year of 2007 the Novistranian Military was looking to upgrade its aging military weapons left over from the past government and era. Leng longtime producer of pistols for the military easily won the contract versus foreign contractors and a few domestic upstarts, though the Yuvilioski group gave them a run with the 9 mm weapon they proposed and were able to defeat Leng for the submachine gun contract a major lost for Leng as they had previously been the only provider of sub-machine guns. It follows a Leng-9 design with enhancements to make it more accurate and reliable in combat as the previous Leng-9 had been known to jam. It is planned that the Leng-12 will be the service pistol for the next 20 to 35 years.

Rifles:
Piliate-18A
Bullet: 7.75X41.2 mm
30 Round Clip
Action: Gas-Operated, Single Action, Full automatic
Muzzle Velocity: 2,570 ft/sec
Overall Length: 855mm
Rate of Fire: 785 rds/min
In Service: 2.7 million+
Production: 25,000/month
History: When the Federation Army was looking to replace its aging rifles both very old variants of soviet design, Piliate decided to reuse another design it used in service with the Feura Spuka though it shortened the length of the gun making it less accurate but lighter and gave it a much smaller clip but it carried the now standard ammunition size of 7.75x41.2mm that is capable of punching through most types of armor it has been tested against. While not the only company fighting for the contract Piliate had little trouble winning being the powerhouse of a rifle company that it is. Though Operension did win a smaller contract to provide a more accurate though less reliable rifle to the Army. Piliate should be the undisputed army rifle provider of Novistranian’s military for many years.

Operenson IS-3
Bullet 7.75X41.2mm
25 Round Clip
Action: Gas-Operated, Semi-automatic
Muzzle Velocity: 2,850 ft/sec
Overall Length: 975mm
Rate of Fire: 218 rds/min
In service: 1.3 million
Production: 3,000/month
History: Operension competed heavily with Piliate for the top contract to provide weapons to the military, but its rifle had a lack of fast firepower, Operensions small production capability and the fact of Piliates being a long embedded manufacturer guaranteed Operension the 2nd much smaller contract. The advantage of the IS-3 is that it has a farther range than the Piliate, and much more accurate. Though there have been some issues with jamming.

Anti-Armor/Air:
JT-7 Shredder
Heat seeking fire and forget missile
1 120mm missile
Action: Semi-Automatic
Muzzle Velocity: 705ft/sec
Overall Length: 1,375mm
Effective Range: 7,128ft
Sight: Scope/Infrared Scope
In Service: 575,000
Production: 1,200/month
History: Juiviates and Triade easily won the contract as it was the only one that applied for it. The JT-7 personal anti-armor/air system fires a heat seeking missile to be used against enemy tanks, vehicles and helicopters, it is in limited production and only a few Brigades currently have it. It has been shown to easily shred through T-72 armor before its explosive goes off, and has been shown to take down any helicopter it has been tested against, though it has some problems with flare anti-missile technology.

Anti-Personal:
Grenades: 8,400,000
A-P Mines: 1,250,500

Armor:

Tanks:
Z-27
Light Tank-
95 mm Front
55 mm Side
40 mm back
Max Speed: 55 mph
Range: 425 miles
Crew Compliment: 3
Engine: KV-87 6-Cylinder diesel engine generating 215 hp@ 4,500rpm
1 x 76mm Main gun
1 x 7.75mm coaxial gun
Ammo:
45 x 76mm projectiles
2,500 x 7.7mm ammo
In Service: 1,700
Production: 115/month
History: Zulitz was tasked with creating replacements for the army’s light and main battle tanks while at the same time revising the heavy tank employed by the special forces, for the light tank he came up with the Z-27 it has a high speed and slightly powerful round, mostly intended to be used against other light vehicle and a slight recon role.

Z-56
Main Battle Tank-
585 mm Front
215 mm Side
235 mm back
Max Speed: 37 mph
Range: 285 miles
Engine: KX-72 12-piston diesel engine generating 955hp@ 2,000rpm
1 x 125mm Main gun
1 x 12.7mm Machine gun
1 x 7.75mm coaxial gun
2 x 8 smoke grenade dischargers
Ammo:
50 x 125mm projectiles
2,500 x 7.75mm ammo
16 x smoke grenades
In Service: 2,900
Production: 305/month
History: Zulitz was tasked with creating replacements for the army’s light and main battle tanks while at the same time revising the heavy tank employed by the special forces. The Z-56 is the main battle tank of the Federation Army, to be used against all enemy armor, it sports a 125mm gun and a powerful engine in the back, Zulitz made a pretty interesting improvement by making the back armor stronger than the side unlike conventional tank design.

Transports:
DI-9 Troop Transport
2 Cabin
9 Transport
1x 12.7mm machine gun
Max Speed: 60 mph
Range: 300 miles
Ammo: 3,000 12.7mm ammo
Engine: 1xdiesel engine @ 320 horsepower
In Service: 37,000
Production: 1,300/month
History: The Federation weapon wanted to abandon its use of traditional trucks as troop transport reserving those for supply roles, so it developed the DI-9 transport to move large amount of troops in and out of combat zones, while the number are low considering the size of the current military it is hoped that more than 330,000 troops need to be transported into a battle considering that is more than 10% of their military.

VN-8 Armored Transport
1 Driver
4 Transport
1x 12.7mm machine gun
Max Speed: 60 mph
Range: 500 miles
Ammo: 400 12.7mm ammo
Engine: 1xdiesel engine @ 150 horsepower
In Service: 75,000
Production: 1,000/month
History: the VN-8 was to server two roles to transport and be an armored attack vehicle. It is meant to be moved into hot combat zones and patrols with a squadron of soldiers.

FHSN Equipment:
Corvettes:
Yakust Class: four 55mm guns, Crew Compliment 100 Sailors
Amount: 10
Devion Class: Two 55mm guns, Crew Compliment 120 Sailors
Amount: 5
Destroyers:
Pint Class: 4 55mm guns, 7 AA guns, 1 SS Missile, Crew Compliment 357 Sailors
Amount: 7
Cruisers:
Liota Class: 2 75mm gun, 4 55mm guns, 2 AA guns, 4 torpedoes
Crew Compliment: 322 Sailors
Amount: 8
Submarines:
Servia Class 7: 2 Torpedoes Aft, 4 Torpedoes Bow, Crew Compliment: 80
Torpedoes: 32 Bow, 12 Aft
Amount: 4
Battleships:
None
Aircraft Carriers:
FSS Intrepid: 12 AA guns, 4 SAM’s, 3 Anti-ship missile launchers, 25 F.A.G planes
Crew Compliment: 8,000
Air Planes:
5 Z-13’s
20 YU-24’s
Amount: 1

Beach Landing Craft:
Air-Foil Kiles: 3 machine guns, 2 rocket launchers, 1 driver
Transport: 35 Soldiers
Amount: 35
Large Transport Craft:
PV-9: 15 Sailor Crew
Transport:
2,500 Soldiers
15 Tanks
55 Armored Cars
75 Transports
60,000 lbs of Ammunition and supplies
These are maximums
Amount: 50
Medium Transport Craft:
PV-4: 10 Sailor Crew
Transport:
1,200 Soldiers
5 Tanks
25 Armored Cars
40 Transports
25,000 lbs of Ammunition and supplies
These are maximums
Amount: 15

Federation Air Group Equipment:
Fixed Wing Aircraft:
Interceptors:
Z-15 Twin Seat: 4 AA Heat seeking missiles, 4 AA radar guided missiles, one 25 mm cannons
Max Speed: 1,750 mph
Cruising Speed: 1,100 mph
Operational Range: 575 Miles
Service Ceiling: 61,275ft
Engine:2 D-17 turbofan engines generating 36,000 lbs of thrust with afterburn
In Service: 255
Production: 12/month
History: Zilitintz designed this new interceptor to dominate the airspace and clear it of enemy air, replacing the much older jets that couldn’t even reach speeds over 1,000 mph. This Jet was designed to be strong in dog fights, with high maneuverability this is a very dangerous aircraft to meet in the air. This is a government sponsored design issued out to contractors to produce them in there factories
Bombers:
YU-27 SRSB: 2 AA Active Radar Missiles, 8 A-to-G Missiles, two 250 lb bombs
Single Seat
Max Speed: 1,300 mph
Cruising Speed: 800 mph
Operational Range: 715 miles
Engine: 2 X D-15 turbojet engines generating 25,210lbs of thrust with afterburn
Service Ceiling: 55,368ft
In Service: 175
Production: 14/month
History: the Yulivosx Air company was tasked with introducing a fast bomber capable of delivering a payload necessary to a battlefield.

Helicopters:
A-99 ATG: one .50 cal gun, 8 A-to-G missiles
Max Speed: 215 mph
Operational Range: 525 miles
Single-rotor
Amount: 35
V-1 Striker: Two .50 cal guns, 16 A-G Missiles
Max Speed: 375 mph
Operational Range: 225 miles
Single-rotor
Amount: 15

Feura Spuka (FS) Equipment:
Sub-Machinegun:
Yuvilioski Y-5
Bullet: 10 mm
Clip: 30 rounds
Action: Semi-automatic, Full automatic
Silencer: Optional
Muzzle Velocity: 1,500 ft/sec
Overall Length: 655mm
Rate of Fire: 815 rds/min
In Service: 5,000
Production: 500/Month
History: Yuvilioski won this contract from Piliate and replaced its aging D-5, with a cooler, smaller, lighter weapon. It is also much quieter necessary for the Feura Spuka operations. It has been shown to be much more reliable and accurate than the D-5 or D-6 that Piliate proposed. While the amount ordered is low this offset for Yuvilioski Gun Company through a high pay rate per weapon and the allowance of a Civilian version though stripped of many of the advantages of its military counterpart call the Y-6 it is a semi-automatic that uses a 9 mm bullet and a much smaller clip. This weapon is strictly for Feura Spuka and select service agent use.

FS Rifle:
Piliate-18A-1
Bullet: 7.75X41.2 mm
60 Round Clip
Action: Gas-Operated, Single Action, Full automatic
Muzzle Velocity: 2,370 ft/sec
Overall Length: 895mm
Rate of Fire: 800 rds/min
In Service: 5,000
Production: 250/month
History: Piliate being a favorite choice of the Feura Spuka was asked to revise its older model for a more modern battle field, it has a longer length than its Army Counterpart to allow it to be more accurate, though it reduces its velocity. It has a large clip that holds 60 bullets twice as many as its counterpart, and a higher rate of fire to be used in situations where absolute firepower is needed. It is a low production model used exclusively by the Feura Spuka who swear by the rifle.

Anti-Personal:
Devils-Tongue
Flame Thrower
Small Barrel
Enough Fuel to fire continuously for 15 minutes straight
Range: 55 feet
In Service: 455
Production: As needed
History: The Devil-Tongue is the Feura Spuka’s greatest weapon to be used against enemy infantry especially if they are holed up in a structure ,or hole. The Government exclusively holds the rights to produce the weapon and keeps a small amount to be used only in specific circumstances. More are produced as needed.

Tanks:
Z-78B
Heavy Battle Tank-
675 mm Front
335 mm Side
225 mm back
Max Speed: 28 mph
Range: 320 miles
Engine: ZT-02 12-piston diesel engine generating 1,250hp@ 2,000rpm
1 x 175mm Main gun
1 x 12.7mm Machine gun
1 x 7.75mm coaxial gun
2 x 8 smoke grenade dischargers
Ammo:
50 x 175mm projectiles
2,500 x 7.75mm ammo
16 x smoke grenades
In Service: 500
Production: As needed
History: Zulitz was tasked with creating replacements for the army’s light and main battle tanks while at the same time revising the heavy tank employed by the special forces The Z-78B is the second revision of the heavy tank of the Feura Spuka, it sports a large 175mm gun and when employed is the ultimate armor to be used on the battlefield with almost no other armor being able to withstand the withering fire of its gun. It is such an expensive and intricate tank that only a small amount is produced and used by the elite Special Forces of the Feura Spuka making any encounter against them the last thing most enemy will ever see. It has also been at times used as an artillery gun.

Embassy Application
Diplomatic Immunity: Ambassadors are the only employees exempt from misdemeanor laws, breaking of federal laws (murder, attempt to incite revolt, drug use) will lead to an arrest and trial. Though most likely ending in that ambassadors pass to the country for life.
Only 50 employees are allowed at the embassy at any one time.
Only 2 Soldiers are allowed to defend, and can only carry simple rifles issued by the Novistranian military, these 2 are not counted from the 50 employee pool.
Only 4 vehicles are provided to the embassy provided by Novistranian car manufacturers, which are on lease that is to be paid by the home country.
Family is not counted against the 50 limit

Countries Name:
Leaders Name:
Ambassador Name:
Number of Employees:
Reason for Embassy:
Number of Vehicles:
Family Members:
Can we Establish an Embassy in your Country:
Last edited by Novistrainia on Wed May 02, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Federation of Novistrania
Factbook

Emperor: Lucion I
Lucion I "I've seen and done horrible things, and yet I am still a man, I've performed feats of achievement that no one could ever do, yet I am still a man, and when I wake up in the morning I always greet the day with this saying, " It is a Good Day to Die!!!" "
Anton Slavic, " Come to me my brothers and I will lead you out of the shadows, with your support and Lucion's Leadership we shall prevail, Hail Victory, Hail Victory"

Novistrainia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Novistrainia » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:41 am

Federation of Novistrania
Factbook

Emperor: Lucion I
Lucion I "I've seen and done horrible things, and yet I am still a man, I've performed feats of achievement that no one could ever do, yet I am still a man, and when I wake up in the morning I always greet the day with this saying, " It is a Good Day to Die!!!" "
Anton Slavic, " Come to me my brothers and I will lead you out of the shadows, with your support and Lucion's Leadership we shall prevail, Hail Victory, Hail Victory"

Return to Factbooks and National Information