NATION

PASSWORD

Dentora Factbook

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Dentora
Attaché

Founded: Mar 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Dentora Factbook

Postby Dentora » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:22 am

Please, do not post in this topic. Just telegram me any questions or comments. Also, this information does NOT have much to do regarding the current status of my nation(its info, blah); if Im in a RP, the only thing that would have to do concerning my RP nation would be Population counts.

National Flag:Check my Avatar.

National Motto:Long Unlive Dentora!

Leader: DoomKing Hiro Dark

Government: Monarchical Dictatorship

Landscape:Dentora is noted for the eternal darkness that covers the landscape, as the empire is under total cloud cover. It has many mountains, and its forests are mostly dead. While the Empire itself is actually medieval in nature, there seem to be ruins all throughout the empire that seem to be of current day civilizations, complete with skyscrapers and other such buildings. They are all, however, in a state of disrepair, and many have even fallen to the ground.

Tech:As said, the nation is medieval in design, and their greatest technological achievements are of how to keep their fortresses strong and of stronger blades and armor.

Military: In a sense, nonexistent. However, this is only because nearly ALL 'citizens' are in the military, and they wear their battle armors at all times. Being Undead, they have no need for (most)food, water, or really most of the basic necessities of life. The only non-military positions are of the government and religious sects(which DO include the only legal human citizens, the Necromancers), and of the undead guards assigned to the only livestock of the nation:human slaves.

Human Slavery:The reason this nation has human slavery, is primarily because humans are the only way to increase their numbers; the undead do not reproduce. If a child slave seems particularly adept at magic, he or she is taken to be raised within the monasteries to become a Necromancer, akin to the 'priests' or religious people of Dentora, and are complete with their own system, the leader of the religious being the High Necropriest. Other than that, the slaves are forced to build the castles, barracks, and whatever other buildings are needed, until they can no longer work or die. At these times, they are reanimated as undead by the Necromancers. Those who merely can no longer work are fed to the zombies.

Citizenship:There are only two ways for one to technically become a citizen of Dentora, and that is to be born a magically gifted human, and then become a Necromancer, or to be reanimated from death as a zombie. However, zombies themselves are mindless, and are not considered citizens; they will not become citizens until the flesh has rotted from their bodies. It is not known why, but the more flesh is rotted from the undead, the greater their intellect becomes, until they are skeletons, and thus intelligent enough to be a citizen. The only exception to this are the Royal Family, all of whom are from a specific species of Undead. They are perfectly human in appearance, and past a certain point in life, their aging slows considerably. They CAN reproduce, with the offspring being of the same species of Undead as they. They are more akin to beings of immortality than true undead, but they can be destroyed, and they are not alive. The only way you would be able to differentiate them from a human is their large proficiency with dark magic, and their sclera are black.

Hierarchy: This is the hierarchy of Dentora, from lowest to most powerful in terms of 'rights'. They move up the social positions with age, as the longer a undead is alive, the stronger they become. Percentages are estimated.

Slave-No rights whatsoever; livestock. (not counted towards population)
Zombie-Allowed free reign of the empire, and killing them is a crime.(not counted towards population)
Skeleton-Citizen, with little, but some, rights. Given basic armoring and a weapon of their choice. (20% of population)
Foot Soldier-basically a little bit above your average citizen in terms of rights, still very little. They are deployed in wars, and are the basic infantry.(50% of population)
Heavy Soldier-Military personnel. Have more rights, and are better and stronger than foot soldiers, and are often smarter. Otherwise, they have slightly more rights.(10% of population)
Commanding Officer-These are just that, commanders of smaller groups. They coordinate attacks and strikes, and without them, there would be no organization among the soldiers. They have much better rights than Heavy Soldiers do, and are also smarter. In fact, there IS a intelligence exam to move up for this one, as you cannot be a officer of command if you cannot use basic tactics.(8% of population)
Slaver Guard:These are the guards of the slave camps throughout the empire. While it may seem non-militaristic in comparison to most roles, it is still a very important one, for the continuation of the empire.(9% of population)
Dracolich Knight- These are the cavalry of the Dentora armies. Riding on the back of dracolichs, they fly and destroy their foes, and rain dark fire upon them.(2% of population)
Dracolich Commander-These are the eldest of dracolich riders, and are the commanders of the squads of Dracolich knights. They are truly intelligent undead, sharper than many humans.(30% of total Dracolich Knights)
Undeath Judge:One of the few non-millitary positions, a Dracolich Commander, after a sufficient amount of time growing in power, may be asked to become one of the judges of the empire, and decide the fate of criminals, trespassers, and prisoners of war. They are the eldest of the undead, and many have lived multiple generations of even DoomKings. This is the highest a normal undead can go in their unlives...Well, except for a Royal Adviser, but there is only one of those at a time.(Current count:20)
Necromancers:The necromancers are indeed above even the the Undeath Judges, and are rightfully so. While they are not above the law, they ARE closer to those who actually make it. Other than that, they are the ones who turn humans into zombies, and are the 'church'.
NecroPriest:A Necropriest is akin to a bishop in terms of the nation, and are high-ranking members of the 'church'. Other than this, they merely have a higher ranking in society.
High NecroPriest:The High Necropriest, who is on par with the Royal Adviser in terms of status, is always appointed by the DoomKing himself. They are the head of the church, and are very powerful with their dark magic, and are often good friends with the DoomKing.(obviously, only one)
Royal Adviser:A Undeath Judge who has proven himself the most loyal to the crown is appointed by the DoomKing, and is a very trusted being. They are the ones that advise the DoomKing on the best courses of action, and are often good friends of the King as well.(Obviously, only one)
DoomGuard:A member of the royal family who has decided to enlist in the army, the Doomguard are the generals and most powerful beings in the entire military. While it is not unknown for them to fall in battle, they are difficult at best to defeat. Equal, obviously, with the royal family in terms of status.(Current count:70)
Royal Family:These are members of the same species of Undead as the DoomKing. Not necessarily the actual family members, they are still the most powerful-and rare-form of Undead unalive in the nation of Dentora, all of them living inside the capital city.(or will, once I can get one. XP)(about 200 of these reside in Dentora)
DoomKing:The King of Dentora. His word is law, his law absolute. If he decrees that it is so, then it shall be. There have been occasions of DoomQueens, but this has no effect on power, only a change in title.(Obviously, there is one of these)

History will be done at a later time...Probably. Right now, however, my brain has started to hurt. So blah.
(Not entirely accurate; I'm currently rewriting my nation. Only haven't removed the old factbook from my sig since I'm going to salvage some of the ideas from it-basically, I'm using the skeleton of the 'Old' Dentora but cutting out most everything else. For now, all that needs to be said is that Dentora is a Medieval Empire existing during the MT/PMT eras comprised near-entirely of the Undead, with Necromancers being the only legally free humans and members of their clergy. The Factbooks on my actual nation page are accurate, though it's incomplete)

Return to Factbooks and National Information