NATION

PASSWORD

Mechanical keyboards in your nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Chinese Peoples
Minister

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Mechanical keyboards in your nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Code: Select all
[b]Are mechanical keyboards common in your nation?[/b]

[b]What prices do they command?[/b]

In China, almost all high-end computers, computer terminals, and servers come with mechanical keyboards, which were standard since the '70s. Cheaper keyboards didn't become common until the '90s, when the market was flooded with cheap Korean desktops.

IC Title: the Republic of China | MT | Factbooks | the only democratic China on NS
The duty of the state is to prevent danger, not to punish it after it has happened. Rescind the 2nd Amendment, today.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:30 pm

In Fatatatutti, almost all keyboards are mechanical but they are very low-end, most of them selling for less than 20 USD.

All keyboards made in Fatatatutti have built-in crumb trays.

Malaguenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Malaguenia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Are mechanical keyboards common in your nation? Yes they are populare with PC gamers in Malaguenia

What prices do they command? 30-110 USD Depends on brand and premium pricing.
I don't use NS Stats, but if the stats make sense for my nation then go ahead and stop complaining about the fake taxes
Pro: Punishing corporations that commit crimes, Nuclear Power, , Switzerland, Science, Singapore's cleanliness and conduct policies, Space exploration, Cultural nationalism, moderate capitalism

Anti: , Mass immigration/refugees, Justin Trudeau, Diesel in cars, Equal wages, Crony capitalism Welfare for lazy people, Artificial additives, EU, Bombing Countries Without a good reason, Chavs, Jeremy Corbyn, Internet Surveillance, Regressive Leftism, Safe Spaces, Pseudoscience, Hillary Clinton, Hard-drugs, Bill Nye, Non-binary genders,
Antifa
Economic 1.63
Social -2.87
Looking for a MT region that has good detailed map and friendly players? Then try Greater Olympus

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Are mechanical keyboards common in your nation? Primarily among gamers.

What prices do they command? $20 on the low end to $300 on the high end.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:11 am

Are mechanical keyboards common in your nation? Genuine ones are quite rare and only seen in museums, But some gamers who like antique games or games produced in less advanced nations have reproduction keyboards but they are reasonably uncommon since most computers have a Direct neural interface socket interface.

What prices do they command? A genuine antique mechanical keyboard can cost around 30,000 to 40,000 credits as a collectable , a high quality reproduction mechanical keyboard costs 12 credits.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

Ventalia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ventalia » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:17 am

Are mechanical keyboards common in your nation?
Fairly common, especially since some basic cheap mechanical keyboard comes with most desktops as standard. Higher end ones also exist.

What prices do they command?
Generally the equivalent of 10NSD to over 150NSD, depending on quality, performance, and features.
V E N T A L I A
Devilishly handsome Spaniards & French folk qui parlent français.
This nation represents my views taken a step too far. NS states are a general guideline for direction.
-Refounded 2023-

Imperium Sidhicum
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Sidhicum » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:24 am

Keyboards have largely been replaced by holographic haptic interfaces these days, though some applications still retain them. Even so, these keyboards too mostly tend to be holographic.

An exception are applications that require sturdiness and resistance to electromagnetic and other hazards, such as a number of industrial machines and many military systems. These still retain analog keyboards as their primary input devices, though most are also compatible with the preferred modern haptic interfaces.

Price for these keyboards is difficult to assess, since they usually come integrated with the machines they are used on.
Freedom doesn't mean being able to do as one please, but rather not to do as one doesn't please.

A fool sees religion as the truth. A smart man sees religion as a lie. A ruler sees religion as a useful tool.

The more God in one's mouth, the less in one's heart.

New Pyrrhius
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Pyrrhius » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:45 pm

there is nothing left to hide from
Last edited by New Pyrrhius on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
News of the Hour:
1000%!! I USED TO GIVE A FUCK
--------[__]
--------(ಠ_Q)
-------[█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I█████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:26 pm

Are mechanical keyboards common in your nation?
They are somewhat common among PC gamers in our nation, not so much among a typical keyboard user, however.

What prices do they command?
They range from 15GDY to 200GDY.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:58 pm

There's an alternative to mechanical keyboards?
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:00 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:(Image)

There's an alternative to mechanical keyboards?

>:(
IC Title: the Republic of China | MT | Factbooks | the only democratic China on NS
The duty of the state is to prevent danger, not to punish it after it has happened. Rescind the 2nd Amendment, today.

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Are mechanical keyboards common in your nation? Yes. It is almost the only interface of computer and electronic input available in the nation, even chiclet keyboards are rare outside of the capital city and the free cities.

What prices do they command? Provided for free to bureaucrats and functionaries. The average citizen is forbidden from possession of such technology.
Saunrea: Fascist pseudo-China/DPRK. Under comprehensive national renovation.

Calenmor
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Calenmor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:34 pm

While they do exist, they are not particularly common and are mainly used by afficianados and schools in poorer regions. Oddly though, many Calenmori have a fondness for old-style typewriters and there is a small but growing market for mechanical keyboards that emulate them.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information