NATION

PASSWORD

The NS Infantry Discussion Thread, L5A1

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who's going to OP IDT VI?

Archangel Conglomerate
3%
Spreewerke
6%
Kouralia
4%
Puzikas
4%
Sevvania
4%
Nirvash
2%
Nua Corda
35%
Imperializt Russia/Samozaryadnistan
9%
Padnak
34%

Total votes : 141

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:31 pm

Yukonastan wrote:heh

Case type Rimless, bottleneck
Bullet diameter 24 mm
Neck diameter 26 mm
Shoulder diameter 38 mm
Base diameter 42 mm
Rim diameter 42 mm
Rim thickness 5mm mm
Case length 120 mm
Overall length 170 mm
Case capacity irrelevant (don't have the formulas to calculate, soz)

Not bad. But my case fires scaled up 7.5 Swiss bullets. Also, it has a linage dating back to the 1910's.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Mine actually has a physical mockup of it.

TAKE THAT!
this guy is a fucking furry and a therian
Btw, here's my IC flag

"Purp go to bed." - Nirvash Type TheEnd

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Case type Column
Bullet diameter 2'
Neck diameter 2'
Shoulder diameter 3'
Base diameter 3'
Rim diameter 3'
Rim thickness 6.3"
Case length 6m
Overall length 6m
Projectile https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KaYp9EPMJT0/ ... apseed.jpg
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:33 pm

Bezombia wrote:Case type Column
Bullet diameter 2'
Neck diameter 2'
Shoulder diameter 3'
Base diameter 3'
Rim diameter 3'
Rim thickness 6.3"
Case length 6m
Overall length 6m

But can it into remove kebab at a range of four kilometres from the muzzle?
Btw, here's my IC flag

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:35 pm

Yukonastan wrote:Mine actually has a physical mockup of it.

TAKE THAT!

Only if you cover the shipping costs.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:35 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Bezombia wrote:Case type Column
Bullet diameter 2'
Neck diameter 2'
Shoulder diameter 3'
Base diameter 3'
Rim diameter 3'
Rim thickness 6.3"
Case length 6m
Overall length 6m

Depends on the model of ballista used to launch it.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:36 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:Mine actually has a physical mockup of it.

TAKE THAT!

Only if you cover the shipping costs.

Shorter case, fatter bullet, fits into .50" ammo can, so I believe it's fine.
Btw, here's my IC flag

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Only if you cover the shipping costs.

But is it grotesquely over sized and basically a scaled up rifle bullet? Also, is it solid shot? As in no HE inside. Just lead.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:

Depends on the model of ballista used to launch it.

At six hundred rounds per minute? I think I've got you beat, my friend. Although, if that minor issue were fixed on your part, 10/10 would remove kebab with.

Purpelia wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:

But is it grotesquely over sized and basically a scaled up rifle bullet? Also, is it solid shot? As in no HE inside. Just lead.

It's basically a scaled up M43, does that count?

As for the bullet, the training munition is a frangible solid.
Btw, here's my IC flag

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Yukonastan wrote:As for the bullet, the training munition is a frangible solid.

Was it originally designed to cut down cavalry? Mine was.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:As for the bullet, the training munition is a frangible solid.

Was it originally designed to cut down cavalry? Mine was.

Alright, you get that one.

But do you into dU HVAP loadings?
Btw, here's my IC flag

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Was it originally designed to cut down cavalry? Mine was.

Well the round is ancient. But there are modern AP variants that are loaded with APDS. But I don't use DU, only Wolfram.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:54 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:

Well the round is ancient. But there are modern AP variants that are loaded with APDS. But I don't use DU, only Wolfram.

You lose nothing and gain everything by switching to depleted uranium, including radiation poisoning of people hit by shards of the shattered penetrators after they do their job. Does your tungsten do that?
Btw, here's my IC flag

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Well the round is ancient. But there are modern AP variants that are loaded with APDS. But I don't use DU, only Wolfram.

You lose nothing and gain everything by switching to depleted uranium, including radiation poisoning of people hit by shards of the shattered penetrators after they do their job. Does your tungsten do that?

Purpelia does not use DU in general. There is quite literally no use of the stuff anywhere in my army.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:

Purpelia does not use DU in general. There is quite literally no use of the stuff anywhere in my army.

Have you experimented with it, or with osmium penetrators?

Edit: Hassium. Theorized to have a density of 41 g/ml. Imagine if we got a stable isotope or something of that as our tank penetrators.
Last edited by Yukonastan on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Btw, here's my IC flag

Eisarn-Ara
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisarn-Ara » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Well the round is ancient. But there are modern AP variants that are loaded with APDS. But I don't use DU, only Wolfram.

Seriously, I leave my computer for a few minutes and you two and still fickening & dickening about this concept?

I have a solution for this, and a good one. Take this, lengthen it a tad, fill it with a mixture of RDX and Radium/pickyourisotope and give it an impact fuse, pop said cartridge into your HMG/HGPMG and call it a day. Warcrimes & heavy-ass-bullets = fun for the whole fucking family.
Last edited by Eisarn-Ara on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ave Nex Alea
Glory & Victory unto the Pact!
I'm pro thrall-taking, are you?
Immigrants're grody; Paris, Berlin & Brussels proved that.
Serbia, Hungary, Austria & Finland have the right idea, preserve European Cultural Integrity!
Dictating matters of policy & legality because of "feelings" is foolhardy at best, and the reason why SJWism is cancerous at worst.
Altruism is worthless outside of a community and in small doses.
We owe you nothing, and you'll like it.
Arabs cannot do "Modern War"
You are all terrible.

Blacksmith/Metallurgist btw(Mostly Blades) & Academic Reconstructionist Heathen of the Continental Variety, Legitimate Sneering Western Imperialist, Western Classicalist

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Do these measurements seem reasonable? I don't into proportions much so I'd like to make sure.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Eisarn-Ara wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:

Seriously, I leave my computer for a few minutes and you two and still fickening & dickening about this concept?

I have a solution for this, and a good one. Take this, lengthen it a tad, fill it with a mixture of RDX and Radium/pickyourisotope and an impact fuse, pop said cartridge into your HMG/HGPMG and call it a day. Warcrimes & heavy-ass-bullets = fun for the whole fucking family.

I've done that; but better. I've used bullshitium, with a critical mass of 500 grains. Shape that into an egg, fire bullet at target, impact fuze compresses egg into ball, and one haveth a micronuke. If that isn't a war crime then I don't know what is.
Btw, here's my IC flag

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:02 pm

What the fuck is happening
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Puzikas wrote:What the fuck is happening

General purpose cartridges for those of us who consider anti-aircraft autocannons to be infantry weapons. Ways to make 'em deadlier slash one-upping one another.
Btw, here's my IC flag

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Eisarn-Ara wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:

I have a solution for this, and a good one. Take this, lengthen it a tad, fill it with a mixture of RDX and Radium/pickyourisotope and give it an impact fuse, pop said cartridge into your HMG/HGPMG and call it a day. Warcrimes & heavy-ass-bullets = fun for the whole fucking family.

Silly newfriend. RDX is used for propellent not projectiles.
Unreachable.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Eisarn-Ara wrote:

I thought that that was PETN or Semtex?
Btw, here's my IC flag

Eisarn-Ara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisarn-Ara » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Eisarn-Ara wrote:

Fine, fucking fine; just use some re-purposed mining explosives and be a cheapskate.
Ave Nex Alea
Serbia, Hungary, Austria & Finland have the right idea, preserve European Cultural Integrity!
Dictating matters of policy & legality because of "feelings" is foolhardy at best, and the reason why SJWism is cancerous at worst.
You are all terrible.

Blacksmith/Metallurgist btw(Mostly Blades) & Academic Reconstructionist Heathen of the Continental Variety, Legitimate Sneering Western Imperialist, Western Classicalist

Eisarn-Ara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisarn-Ara » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Korva wrote:
Puzikas wrote:What the fuck is happening

it is a mystery

Sky's fallin' and bullshit rains furiously from the heavens.
Ave Nex Alea
You are all terrible.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information