NATION

PASSWORD

The NS Infantry Discussion Thread, L5A1

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who's going to OP IDT VI?

Archangel Conglomerate
3%
Spreewerke
6%
Kouralia
4%
Puzikas
4%
Sevvania
4%
Nirvash
2%
Nua Corda
35%
Imperializt Russia/Samozaryadnistan
9%
Padnak
34%

Total votes : 141

Cascadeland
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cascadeland » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:52 am

I would recommend the standard "A2" flash hider used in the M16A1 following the aforementioned "birdcage" one you mentioned.

It doesn't get caught on foliage and is very effective as a flashhider (vuurwapen blog has different comparisons of more expensive, "Gucci" flashhiders compared to the ol' A2).

As far as wirecutting goes, it is easier to have a wire cutter integrated into your bayonet. Like Soviet/Comblock AK bayonets do.

No need to make it out of anything but good old carbon steel.

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:56 am

United states of brazilian nations wrote:and so, i leave another question here: as you can see, i have kept the flash hider untouched. i know some similar flash hiders were used in the M16A1 and i know it had problems sticking in foilage, sometimes the prongs broke, even. since my nation's predominant environment is the jungle, this is a great concern to me. now, could i make the flash hider in such a way as to be able to cut foilage when getting stuck on it, and maybe make it strong enough so that it can be used as a wirecutter? i don't know, maybe make it out of a steel-tungsten alloy or other strong material and make "blades" on its sides so it can cut stuff.

7.62x39mm includes a flash suppressing chemical in it's propellant. So there is always that option.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:57 am

Any recommendations on a gun-making site?
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Sediczja
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sediczja » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:00 am

Cyrisnia wrote:Any recommendations on a gun-making site?
Pimp My Gun is generally the go-to. You might want to try using a drawing program like MS Paint or paint.NET though, since they're infinitely more flexible at the small cost of requiring a little learning time.
A holy place can never exist without enemies.
I'm not even an anarchist but whatever
DeviantArt
Anarcho-Saxony wrote:The USA was in NATO when the American Civil War happened

Carcelea wrote:WHEN IT WILL STOPS?????

Saiwania wrote:Instead of adjusting my world view to fit more closely with facts, I prefer to try to force the facts into my world view. I've come to my conclusion: that race mixing is bad, therefore I have to do my best to minimize what contradicts that and maximize what supports it. I desperately want the Bible's scriptures to say that God forbids interracial marriage.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:20 am

Cascadeland wrote:I would recommend the standard "A2" flash hider used in the M16A1 following the aforementioned "birdcage" one you mentioned.
(Image)

It doesn't get caught on foliage and is very effective as a flashhider (vuurwapen blog has different comparisons of more expensive, "Gucci" flashhiders compared to the ol' A2).

As far as wirecutting goes, it is easier to have a wire cutter integrated into your bayonet. Like Soviet/Comblock AK bayonets do.

no
use Sieg
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

United states of brazilian nations
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United states of brazilian nations » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:32 am

Sediczja wrote:
United states of brazilian nations wrote:and so, the constant improvement history of the FA03A4 goes on...

Looking good. Ref. the flash hider, I was thinking you could issue a screw-on "muzzle nut" that'd close the flash hider up to a semi-birdcage shape when you didn't need to use it as a wirecutter. Not sure how good of an idea that'd be, but yeah.

and it could probably serve as a support for bayonets, too. very good idea! i'll play around with it and a few other ones, too.

Cascadeland wrote:I would recommend the standard "A2" flash hider used in the M16A1 following the aforementioned "birdcage" one you mentioned.
(Image)

i would, but i'll admit that one thing that's weighing a lot here are aesthetics, and 3-prong flash hiders just look awesome. as i said, i'll play around with some ideas and then i'll see which one fits best.

EDIT: well, what a surprise! closing the front of the flash hider and extending the cutout doesn't look bad at all. thanks for the help, people!
Last edited by United states of brazilian nations on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puzikas wrote:
Graznovia wrote:Why does the dude look like Putin?
Did you knot know? There is no Russian people, only clones of Putin. We don't get names, just Numbers.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Kouralia wrote:AKA FiSH and CHiPS(Fighting in Someone's House and Causing Havoc in Public Spaces):p

Fordorsia wrote:Breaking news: The estimated leading cause of death is dying.
Imperializt Russia wrote:Well what it is, is an 18.5mm piece of hollow metal that, through witchcraft and evil, becomes significantly larger than 18.5mm.
Puzikas wrote:fuck you for drawing a good looking bulpup AK.
Puzikas wrote:USBN has a sensor that triggers after anything vaguely Brazilian is mentioned.
For HUE!

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:02 am

(Image)

The M16A1 didn't use the 'A2 flash hider, which I figured was implied by the fact it's called the 'A2 flash hider.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:06 am

Bezombia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:No one ever won a war by dying for their country. He did it by making the other poor bastard die for theirs.

hot damn that's sig-worthy

Its not mine. Its a man much better than myselfs.

And here I thought George Patton was universal.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:12 am

Puzikas wrote:
Bezombia wrote:
hot damn that's sig-worthy

Fuck Patton
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:08 am

Gallia- wrote:For there to be a joke, it would have to be funny to begin with.

You are living proof to the contrary.
Unreachable.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:09 am

Fordorsia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:

Fuck Patton

Don't make me get the board of education, boy.
Unreachable.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:10 am

United states of brazilian nations wrote:and so, the constant improvement history of the FA03A4 goes on...

(Image)
first design of the FA03A4. ewwww.

(Image)
changed a couple things (MMW feedback helped me a lot there) but some were still looking wrong.

(Image)
the newest design. looks much better than the first, and this time you can actually operate the fire selector (i hope).

since i have ade dozens of versions and i have to update all of them, it'll take a while. but, the result will probably be good.

and so, i leave another question here: as you can see, i have kept the flash hider untouched. i know some similar flash hiders were used in the M16A1 and i know it had problems sticking in foilage, sometimes the prongs broke, even. since my nation's predominant environment is the jungle, this is a great concern to me. now, could i make the flash hider in such a way as to be able to cut foilage when getting stuck on it, and maybe make it strong enough so that it can be used as a wirecutter? i don't know, maybe make it out of a steel-tungsten alloy or other strong material and make "blades" on its sides so it can cut stuff.

Something about it turns me off, but I can't figure out exactly what.
Unreachable.

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:11 am

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Gallia- wrote:For there to be a joke, it would have to be funny to begin with.

You are living proof to the contrary.

I am always funny. Just because you cannot grasp my advanced sense of humour is not my problem. penis

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:15 am

Gallia- wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:You are living proof to the contrary.

I am always funny. Just because you cannot grasp my advanced sense of humour is not my problem. penis

Damn. You've puzzled me out.
Unreachable.

The Archangel Conglomerate
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archangel Conglomerate » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:20 am

Gallia- wrote:I am always funny. Just because you cannot grasp my advanced sense of humour is not my problem.

He's got a good point Nirv.
penis

*giggles like an excited infant*
(\/)(•,,,,•)(\/)
Please, call me Arch

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:For want of lances, the heavy equipment never reached the field.

For want of heavy equipment the platoons FOs could direct no HMGs.

For want of HMGs, the Archians had to rely on shitty fucking microcalibers.

For want of real weapons, they lost the war.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:21 am

Breaking news: Falcata found in farmer's field somewhere in Fordorsia, making the sword canon
is not kopis

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:23 am

That is an exceptionally strange kopesh.
Unreachable.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:27 am

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:That is an exceptionally strange kopesh.

I will end you bro

You don't even know

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:43 am

I hope everyone read every word of what Puz typed. It pretty much sums up everything. There is more than be said on the whole subject of war itself and how it effects the mind, however what words I can muster do not do it such justice, as I have never experienced war, and never want to.

I feel some pity for those that have seen war, for they live with the events forever, burdened with what they experienced.

My Drill Sergeant was asked by some hick idiot, just what it felt like when he killed someone.

He felt that he had just broken the law. That he had murdered someone. Even though he was being shot at, even though the enemy wanted to kill him, he still felt like he had broken the law. That he had taken a life wrongly. Its a feeling you never shake off, a feeling you always live with. You can only justify if yourself, and that its only you who can do it.

The man was shooting at him, with every intention on killing him, however every fiber in his being said that it was still wrong that he killed him. It was why they prepared us as best as they could, its why they yell just a bit louder than they have to, why they push us a bit more than what they should. So that we perform when needed, so that we can justify it when we have to. Because if we just let ourselves never get over it, it will fester and grow, and will only cause more problems in the future.

Puzikas wrote:How would you feel if you were pressed into military service, forced into combat arms and awoken at 0330 hours. The sun still not yet up, your commander screams in your face to get into combat dress, weigh yourself in ruck and get the lead out. As your uni forms up and begins to run full speed, you notice something is amiss: Therese no lights on base. Instead, flares, tracers and chemlights illuminate the base. As you approach a barbed wire fence, your commander yells for you to kiss the ground, and crawl along that soft belly. As you do so, you notice you're sinking into the ground. Its just mud, you think. Until your hand grabs something. Its cold, its squishy. It feels kind of like west pasta, if wet pasta smelled so bad your stomach churned inside out. A burst from a machine gun overhead illuminates it long enough to see you're holding what looks to be a part of the intestinal tract. You see now that you are in fact in mud: Mud caused by the perpetual poring of blood and organs onto softened earth. You see bone, flesh, organs, and mud. And the smell. Oh god, the smell. All while 147 grain bullets crack overhead at over 890 meters per second, as your unit commander screeches at you, telling you that you, and your entire squad, is dead because you couldn't crawl fast enough.

Without the guts and gore, this is the night infiltration course.

Just as the sun is setting, we were placed in a 8-10 foot deep trench with a bunch of ladders going over the top. In front of us was 100 meters of barbed wire, mortar pits, mock artillery explosions, 2 M240B machine guns and like 6-8 pneumatic machine guns in both APCs and bunkers.

When they told us, we went over the top, on are stomachs, and proceeded to crawl 100 meters towards our objective. We had on our IBA, ACH and had our M4s with us. If anyone watched Fury to the end, as the sniper crawls into position during the last fight scene, that is 100% the low-crawl method. The entire field was beach sand. We had a number of barbed wire walls, obstacles, and other little nasty things.

I can't find any vids of our field, but it was kinda cool.

It had M114 (Yes, M114s)

Fordorsia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:

Fuck Patton

How.

He literally would have saved Eastern Europe if the OSS hadn't have offed him.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:48 am

San-Silvacian wrote:How.

Figuratively. He got shit done, but he was a complete cunt.

What, is that a conspiracy theory regarding his death?
Last edited by Fordorsia on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:58 am

Fordorsia wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:How.

He was no better than the average British or French commander.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:01 am

San-Silvacian wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

He was no better than the average British or French commander.

He was certainly better at getting lots of men killed.

Kouralia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:09 am

♥ Bill Slim
Kouralia:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information