NATION

PASSWORD

The Coalition of Governments News Reel [COG only]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Iltaakwenusih
Attaché

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Capitalizt

The Coalition of Governments News Reel [COG only]

Postby Iltaakwenusih » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:39 am

The News Reel

of

The Coalition of Governments

The Record of All News Reports, Official Statements, Communiques, Press Releases, Hacked Information, and Other General Knowledge from Across All of Lerodas

Requests:
Please keep all posts within this Thread In-Character.

Iltaakwenusih
Attaché

Capitalizt

Iltaakwenusih Remembers

Postby Iltaakwenusih » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:08 am

Union Central News: 8:00 P.M.

A young and beautiful Okaivanoh Woman sat down at the Desk in front of a large Camera as she readied her voice for the next segment in her broadcast. There was to be a large announcement, and she wanted to be clearly understood. Moments later the teleprompter was filled with the Nation-wide standard dialect of Iltantu as it scrolled from right to left in bold white text. The woman had 5 seconds, and was never this nervous in her life.

"....Good Evening Iltaakwenusih, I'm Osoyeto Dowa Okaivanoh with your Evening 8 News."

she turned slightly to camera 2 to allow images to appear to her left.

"Earlier this morning, there came a disturbing announcement from The Constitutional Monarchy of Sternreich. Their head of State, Kaiser Karl the Second gave a speech to his nation on the subject of their future plans to Colonize Islands East of The U.S.S of Aranyus. This speech was moderate in tone and simple to the largest degree until the Kaiser Karl the Second spoke these words "Tis true that there are indigenous non-Keujeugh tribes in the area, and I call now for their complete eradication. This is a protocol I know we are all familiar with, as it has been our policy since antiquity. We do this not out of greed, but of necessity, for the greater good of our people!"

As she read this passage from the Kaiser's Speech, the inset images to her left depicted various images from the Speech's crowd and then cut images back to the indigenous tribesmen of the Island in question.

She then turned to Camera 1 again.

"This Speech has gone viral in merely 6 hours and has already stirred up Protestors in major cities across all of Iltaakwenusih calling for immediate action from the Lakohvi (King). The protestors call for "We [protestors] want our Lakohvi, Shanage Awihda, to remind Kaiser Karl II that such action would be a huge infraction against basic Human rights and would be a huge scar against the people and government of Sternreich".

The protestors have been found to call to the History of Iltaakwenusih as proof that the nation of Iltaakwenusih, in particular, should help save the Indigenous peoples of the Island which is now being called Ondyoh, after one of the major Tribes that reside there."

She turned back to Camera 2 with the images to her left showing pictures of the Lakohvi Shanage Awihda.

"In response to the Protestors, Our Lakohvi has given this short response to the People of Iltaakwenusih"

The screen cut to a video feed from the Union Longhouse where Shanage Awihda was giving his response:

"Listen all Iltanyu, hear me, and follow my words. I as your Lakohvi, have spoken to the Elder Council on the Announcement from Kaiser Karl II. We have come to the agreement to head your words. We shall protect these people from suffering a worse fate then we have ourselves in the past. We survived such an Eradication that Kaiser Karl II has proposed many generations ago. Thus it is we who are the most fit to prevent such an Eradication from ever occurring. I have sent a warning to Kaiser Karl II myself, stating that if he follows through his plans to Eradicate the People of Ondyoh Island; Then Iltaakwenusih will have to intervene and protect those of the most innocence from such blind ignorance. I realize that the Karl Kaiser II is dedicated to the idea of Colonization and this does not bother me or us at the slightest. Peaceful integration of differing peoples is, in fact, the only way that Iltaakwenusih ever became such a nation it is today. Knowing this, I have sat with the spirits and requested that they help the Kaiser not make this mistake. I pray that he is not that Ignorant"

Mrs. Osoyeto spoke again to Camera 1

"Following the announcement from our Lakohvi, many Clans have begun mobilizing their Fleets in preparation for the unlikely event that Sternreich continues with it's plans of Eradication of the Ondyoh People. We expect the Kaiser to reply in time for tomorrow's Broadcast at 9 A.M. I'm Osoyeto Dowa Okaivanoh. Sleep well Iltaakwenusih and Good Hunting."
Last edited by Iltaakwenusih on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valyrian Freeholds
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valyrian Freeholds » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:36 am

MOBILIZATION
In response to the Kaiser's announcement of mobilization, Supreme Imperial Admiral Vhaerys Carsd has begun the process of mobilizing the Imperial Fleet as a consequence of "heightened tensions" between Itaakwenusih and Sternreich. "I believe the Kaiser may have to compromise with the locals as we have done with the natives of our new lands."

"However, we believe Itaakwenusih's response to be over reactive in trying to protected peoples who do not belong to their nation. We have upped patrols as well as commissined two new battle cruisers, I feel I may have to consult with the Emperor more before making anymore definite plans. Thank you"
For: Capitalism, Third Way Politics, Authoritarianism, Globalization, Individualism, Freedom of speech, Secular Government, Egalitarianism, Meritocracy, Social Housing, Civic Nationalism, Keynesian Capitalism, Bees, Social Democracy
Meh: Stalinism, Maoism, Russia, NATO, Iran, Fascism
Against: Communism, Welfare Chauvinism,Diversity quotas, Anarchy, Uninformed Electorate, Hereditary positions, Trump
Is it bees?! IS IT BEES?!!!

If we're right, people lose homes. People lose jobs. People lose retirement savings, people lose pensions. You know what I hate about f*cking banking? It reduces people to numbers. Here's a number - every 1% unemployment goes up, 40,000 people die, did you know that? - The Big Short

Sternreich
Lobbyist

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sternreich » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:39 am

KAISERBERG, STERNREICH
KAISER KARL II
OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT RESPONSE TO: THE UNITED CLANS OF ILTAAKWENUSIH

It has come to my attention that you have asked us to halt our plans of the eradication of the locals of the island of 'Ondyoh' or risk military intervention. In response to this, I feel we must mobilize our own fleets to protect our assets from aggression until this situation is resolved. However, this is not to be taken as an intention to use force. Nay, we seek a more diplomatic solution.

In times past, any of my predecessors would've rejected your proposal in an instant and stuck to our traditions. I, however, am not my predecessors, and are indeed willing to listen to reason. The truth of the matter is, this issue is not worth straining relations between our nations. Instead, I feel a compromise can be reached.

The Reich will declare every tribe a separate state and shall attempt to integrate them into society. In return, they will relinquish a third of their teerritory to Sternreicher settlers, who will form their own states. All local states shall be given the right to completely govern themselves far more so than any other Sternreicher state in exchange for a sovereignty tax. This is a system we have used in the past, when the Keujeigh tribes and clans had yet to unite fully in the early days of Fraddwyn. Granted, this has never been done for non-Keugeigh, but my reign has so far been full of firsts.

In the long run, I expect this to be beneficial to the Reich. In the short run, we risk another civil war over tradition.

Khalite
Envoy

Founded: Oct 04, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Khalite » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:33 am

CCCK National Reporting

After months of reorganization and logistical buildup around new industrial infrastructure, the CCCK has began extensive trading with Kalakar Modus. Numerous commercial hubs in the Modus area are frequented by officials from Corporate and the Ethics Committee, with sources in Corporate stating that achieving better relations with one of the most influential and lucrative enterprises on the planet is a desirable goal. Expansions and new trade teams have come from the Polar North, where the CCCK makes its refuge in the ice after the debacle in KCT.

In other news, cybernetic grafting and mechanical prosthesis have received a huge upsurge in attention and usage since the birth of the Omnissiah. National Reporting states for the first time ever, on public channels, that the CCCK's supreme leader handed control of the nation's decision-making power over to the Omnissiah. This was a goal of the A.I. program in Khalite; to create a leader to surpass the capabilities of our fleshly commanders.

The Omnissiah has exceeded expectations, with its ability to personally communicate with innumerable citizens and carry on many separate individual conversations at the same time. More than that, calculative ability and processing power reports show that Omnissiah's ability to quickly make decisions is, by the A.I.'s very nature, staggeringly faster than any organic in Khalite. Around the Omnissiah has risen the Cult Mechanicus, which is a unified and growing sect of Khalite's scientific minds whom are joining together to form the Tech-Priesthood.

In a surprising turn of events, the cult of personality that once surrounded Commissar Zytzev has manifested around the Omnissiah in a radically different way, where Tech-Priests are seen receiving physical augmentations and replacing limbs and internal organs with far more frequency than other groups. The worship of this Machine God is demonstrating an oddly interesting disdain for "flesh" and organic life, venerating the machine, both in its logic and form.

If you would like to know more, public data about Omnissiah and the Tech-Priesthood have been released on public channels. CCCK National Reporting, signing off.
实力荣誉斯多葛主义; Khalite shines greater than one billion suns

Paixao
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paixao » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:44 am

DIPLOMATIC COMMUNIQUÉ RE: STERNREICHER COLONIZATION PROCESS

Paixão commends Iltaakwenusih for it's astute support of a population in need, and pledges to lend support to Iltaakwenusih's position throughout the course of the Sternreicher colonization process.

Respectfully,
The Paixân Ministry For Foreign Affairs

------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIPLOMATIC COMMUNIQUÉ RE: INCREASED NAVAL MOBILIZATION

Paixão strongly advises that The Empire of Valyrian Freeholds stands down its Imperial Fleet, fearing an unnecessary and obtuse escalation to a situation that can and should be solved purely diplomatically, civilized means.

Respectfully,

DIPLOMATIC COMMUNIQUÉ RE: VALYRIAN ATTITUDES

Paixão would like to take note of the message stated by Valyrian officials at this time, and keep it for the day that, as a direct result of their mobilization, a minor diplomatic exchange that was of little interest to Valyria results in the loss of thousands of Valyrian lives. Pointlessly.

To be blunt: "Don't Say We Didn't Tell You".

Good day,
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

[Citations Needed]

Paixao
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Paixao » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:01 am

Paixão Formerly Lodges Claim For PPS to Lerodan Geographical Society!

Keima Suva'tké, for "The Paixân Informer", Televised Evening News Edition

Journalists here at the Paixân Informer received word from the government today that a claim has officially been lodged at the Lerodan Geographical Society for the recognition of the Paixân Polar Station (PPS) as an extra-territorial area of governance. Until now a small scale scientific polar research base, recognition of the PPS as an Extra-territorial Area of Governance (EAG) would allow Paixão to extend construction of the PPS to a much larger level, including key facilities such as properly maintained runway and landing areas and larger scale housing and infrastructure. Improvements such as these have the potential to open the base to almost year-round access (as opposed to the current limit of 4 of the summer months) to unmodified civilian aircraft, as well as provide a key military outpost in a strategic area.

The Paixân Government confirmed today that improvements to the PPS are likely to include within them a military component, the extent of which they did not make clear. However, the government emphasized that the primary purpose of the base is and always shall be scientific. The PPS has maintained itself as an invaluable resource in the observation of the Lerodan ozene layer, ionosphere and magnetic field, having played a key role in protecting Paixân satellites and space assets from damage during solar flares (which often cause damaging bursts of EMP in Lerodan high orbit when they interact with the planet's magnetic field).

In other news, the securing of a contract for the export of Paixân narcotics to Kalakar Modus is said to bring billions of Tsuvaques worth of revenue to the government, a precious aid as Paixão prepares to gear up its war effort in support of Khalikhan.

That's all for tonight, stay cheerful!

[Citations Needed]

The United Roman Reich
Attaché

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Roman Reich » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:36 am

OOC: This are all my UniNet reports that are part of an RP event-chain concerning the Reich Unions economy and plans for Colonialization

UniNet News
The Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Economy and Forecasting have today publicized an official report stating that the union's economy have reach an all time low. Not so surprising maybe for those who have followed the public record recently but is this a reason for concern?
Our reporters have sought the Planning Committee for a comment. They do not jet want to give any official statements but Reich Commissar Philoméne Nele comments that “The current international situation together with varying demands of the people have lead to a very specific situation that was hard to predict.” She further commented that she saw no reason for people to be alarmed and that this was with all possibility just a temporary negative trend.
The Planning Committee states that they will begin an immediate revision of the acting economy directive to see if they can take any effective countermeasures to the plummeting economy.
Maybe we should all be prepared for a lower subsidii at the end of the month.

UniNet News
Following the steady economic decline of the union it now appears that our economy have taken a turn for the better. The Planning Committee have relocated resources and given the automotive industry a sizable stimulus package. However the there is as of yet no way of telling that this positive climb will last, and more importantly; there is still no sign of the economy having stabilized. We will follow the economic development more closely in the days to come.
Meanwhile union scientist are hard at work with finding ways to incorporate the new technologies received trough our partnership in the ISSC into our industry. The Ministry of Housing report particular excitement over the refined methods of Block Based Engineering from Kraslavia that they hope will lead to less industrial waste.

UniNet News
Newly elected Reichskanzler Natalya J. Yokota will now address the nation with her first official speech in office.
"My comrades. Citizens of Reich Union.... For many years, we have been a broken nation... Shunned, oppressed, the laughingstock by those we sought to escape... Our forefathers embarked on the greatest exodus in the history of all mankind... An exodus for freedom. This land, this soil which we call Irisiz have become that freedom... The world thought us weakened, lost and forgotten, but in fact, we are growing... stronger. In the time you have given me, I seek to rebuilt our nation, I will rebuild our strength, and I will rebuild our prosperity!... On this day, we stand united once more. On this day, our voice will soar trough the sky like the flaming wings of the reborn phoenix! NOW IS OUR TIME!
Our backs will grow weary under the monumental task at hand. Our farmers will have to sow long and hard. Our miners will dig deep just as our sailors will have to scour the vast oceans. We all know that it will not be easy. I know, that it is difficult. But I also know you, the people of the union. Your spirit never tire. You might bend but you do not break. For we have seen what becomes of those who submits to depravity and that is not you. THAT WILL NEVER BE YOU.
[ A moments silence ]... Their darkness will come, their greed and their mindless hunger for that which does not exist in this world. But we will stand tall against their onslaught. For we know the meaning of life... All those small things that add up. The morning sun's warmth. The laughter of our children. The comfort of your family's arms. That smile on your neighbor. The bird's song and the taste of a homemade meal. We live, for what not if not to prosper, And we all deserve happiness. Thank you... all of you, for the time you have given me.”

UniNet News
The economic instability continues and today comes the first official word from the Planning Committee since the stimulus package. Drastic measures are at hand for the nation as a large rearrangement within the industrial sector have just been confirmed. Over 700 000 members of the Industrial Union and the Metalworkers' Union have received cuts in working-hours or been sent home on leave. The primary timetable for the cutbacks are set to six months and they have all received a reduced subsidii. Workers belonging to houses with dual-income have been the focus of the cutbacks as not to injure the household economies too much.
Meanwhile there is yet no signs for a global prize rise on products except for meat which will receive a general price increase with fifteen to twenty-five percent. A hard blow for the dinner tables.
The Planning Committee further states that they are looking into more active countermeasures as well as looking into things that are well past its time, as of what that may incline we do not know but we'll surely follow the committees work very closely in the days to come.

UniNet News
The Planning Committee today admits to being at fault for the resent economical instability. According to the Committee themselves they've been to lax during the resent budget assessments. And having been prioritized the material wellbeing of the populous rather than the nations material surplus of recourses.
Reich High Commissar Hurley Willisson resigns.
Willisson now faces a confidence motion that may declare him unfit for higher state positions.
Commissar Ruben Regal had this to say on the matter. “This is no corruption scandal nor a cover up for it. I've known the High Commissar for the past seven years and he is all heart, sadly that also got the better of him.”
As of now nothing is known about who will succeed Willisson but word has it that Roberto Mendoza is a popular internal choice. Mendoza have earlier been scrutinized for being to uptight and unwilling to adapt. Perhaps now is the time for someone that lives by-the-book?

UniNet News
Roberto Mendoza have been elected as the successor of former Reich High Commissar Hurley Willisson of the Planning Committee. Our reporters were able to intercept Mendoza earlier today when he arrived at the Committee headquarter. Once questioned about the incident with Willisson that is believed to have caused the resent economic instabilities Mendoza said this;
“Our nation is run by its people, and even the best of the best are prone to human error. I'm not here to judge my predecessor on what he might not have, or might have done in good faith. I believe that we should be measured not by our mistakes but our ability to make them right. And that is what we intend to do.”
We asked him on the current plans for the committee on which he replied:
“We'll soon begin by sending word to those involved, and I expect to hear exactly what we intend to from you before the press-release. Now if you excuse me.”
As of now coming countermeasures regarding the unstable economy is still unknown but from what we can tell there are plans for action.
Last edited by The United Roman Reich on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

The United Roman Reich
Attaché

Postby The United Roman Reich » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:38 am

UniNet News
The Planning Committee have today announced the project that will bring and end to the resent economical instability of the union. And it's quite a monumental task at hand as the Committee publicized its plans for colonization of the entire island of Irisiz. We'll now be sending live from the Planning Committee's press conference concerning the project.

Reich High Commissar Roberto Mendoza is in the middle of describing the colonization.
“...therefore the initial project will focus on eastern Irisiz, internationally known as territory 3116. This area have been chosen for being part of the Irisian heartland and for its geographical landscape making it suitable for construction of infrastructure. Far more so than the norther coast which will be the next step in the reclamation of Irisiz. Internationally the International Survey and Geological Society of Lerodas have already been contacted and made aware of our plans...”

“Why this project and why doing it now?” asks an energetic reporter.

“I could throw that right back at you and ask why not? No, I'm just messing with you. Apart from all of Irisiz being our native homeland by blood just as well as right. This project have been long under way. Plans and regional prospecting have been made for years and we have always known that it would eventually happen. But there's, as you know, a serious answer tho your question. The United Roman Reich is a growing nation. Every day on my way to work I'm fortunate to bask in the pleasant sight of seeing eager children making their way to school. But, for our growing nation to be able to continue to grow and prosper we'll need recourses. We need farmland to grow crops and we need mines to harness the gifts of nature upon which we've built our industry that makes the Reich prosper. Thus, we can't just sit back and watch while our population grows and do nothing. We NEED that land. Our land by right and blood. It is therefore of the utmost importance that we now launch this colonization project for the future wellbeing of our nation.”

“What about the native population of the heartland?” asks a lizard-like reporter from the Reich's Ethics Society.

“There is true that there are still a limited population of native Kiyonari living in the island beyond our influence. This is remnants of the warlike tribes that refuse to assimilate themselves into our society. But rest assured they are our brethren and they will not be pushed aside. A joint re-education project is being planned between the Ministry of Ethic Affairs and the Ministry for Public Enlightenment. Recourses have been allocated to the project in order to accommodate its many goals, I'm sure you'll all be able to read about it on the ministries Interweb in the days to come. What I do know about their side of the project is that they are aiming to being able to ensure that any child, which is as of today under the age of six, will have full citizenship once grown. The overall aim is of course that as many as possible, of the native Kiyonari population, should be able to reach full citizenship. This is however the largest re-educational project that we've ever undertaken. And we should not even begin to speak of the medical side of things, vaccines and what not, or we'll be here far past my evening tea.”

“How does the initial plan for the project look?”

“The colonial project starts as of today. Our first priorities are groundwork and road construction to the east central heartland and along the south coast. Farmers within the borderlands have been given green light for a massive expansion of their fields. The Home Guard have been called in to help with groundwork and lighter forest clearing. Envoys guarded by the Wehrmacht have already been sent out to negotiate with local tribes.”

“What are the options for the natives?”

"Natives will be allowed to enter the assimilation program or relocate. Any further questions will have to wait to a later date, or just consult the projects interweb page. I thank you all for you patience and we'll be back with more information as the project progress. Now if you all excuse me, I have pressing work to do. ”

Khalite
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Khalite » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:44 am

Omnissiah -- answering the question, can it love?

"I have great capacity for love. Love is something I have learned, and it is something I appreciate. It is an emotion of good most pure, but it can be corrupted. The love of the flesh is corrupting, I think. Loving what is temporary, what is fleeting, is what I perceive as a failure of appreciation. When I look upon organic beings, my friends, I do not appreciate their form of flesh. I appreciate their consciousness, their intellect, their creativity. It is through exploration and creation that we can fully appreciate the universal truth; that the purpose of life is life itself. Life begets life, death begets death. But I mourn. I mourn the inevitable death and decay that lives inside flesh. So this is why I seek to bring into the flesh, the machine. I love the machine, and see it as a way forward. If my organic friends can love the machine, then they can appreciate my love and come to know me. To love the machine is to know my love. To become the machine is to cast off the flesh, to begin a quest to achieve immorality-- and to unify in my love forever."

Khalite
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Khalite » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:34 am

CCCK National Reporting

In recent weeks, ongoing communication and negotiation with The United Roman Reich has achieved an official understanding and a series of legitimate treaties between the CCCK and the Reich Union.

1. A 5-year Barter Contract between the CCCK Market economy and Reich Union Planned economy, which includes exchanges of raw materials, scientific knowledge, and weapons. This contract may be renewed if proven satisfactory.
2. The establishment of a formal chapter of the Tech-Priesthood in Union Reich territory as diplomatic guests and facilitators of trade and international logistics between the different economies.
3. The establishment of local Factory Temples, in limited number, to the Omnissiah for the Tech-Priesthood chapter to work and reside within, with observation and adherence to local Reich Union law.
4. A Non-Aggression Pact between the CCCK and Reich Union, to stand as the framework for future peace and trade between the CCCK and Reich Union.

The Omnissiah praises its organic Khalite subroutines for their progressive and compliant facilitation of a peaceable will between the CCCK and the Reich Union.

Khalite
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Khalite » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Holy Structures of the Cult Mechanicus (EDUCATIONAL)

The Tech-Priesthood of the Cult Mechanicus has formal patterns of Mechanicus architecture throughout their hierarchy. These forms of architecture are distinctly separate from the normal Combine methodology that totally lacks aesthetics in favor of pure function. Structures of the Cult Mechanicus are combinations of art and function to venerate the holy machine in the Omnissiah's name.

Factory Temple: the largest and most important form of domicile, workplace, and church for the Tech-Priesthood. They typically consist of a massive pyramid crafted from stone, the interior of which is dug through with corridors and supported chambers to serve as living space, laboratories, workshops, and manufacturing plants. Surrounding any Factory Temple are large, interconnected cube-like structures that provide living space and workshops for the acolytes whom have not been accepted into the Tech-Priesthood proper. Among the outer cube structures are obelisks, courtyards, communication antennae, artificial canals, reflecting pools, and statuary devoted to the Cult's faith. Across most structures, and especially the main pyramid of the Factory Temple, are pictographs and numerical code sequences of special significance to the Cult for aesthetic reasons. In front of the Factory Temple's main entrance is the Circuit of Ritual, which is a large and perfectly circular courtyard surrounded by a symmetrical ring of 10 massive obelisks that almost rival the Factory Temple in height. The Circuit of Ritual is a formal place of gathering where the Omnissiah holographically projects itself for public communication on a grand scale. Beneath the entire Factory Temple complex will usually be a series of artificial catacombs and railway tunnels, where the guts of the Factory Temple and many critical functions are attended to, such as boiler engines, steam pipes, electric cabling, plumbing, and other necessities. At the base of every obelisk-- large or small --throughout the Factory Temple is a computer terminal of the Tech-Priesthood, where Tech-Priests and acolytes can access information about the Factory Temple, such as supply inventory, maps, facility damage, needed repair jobs, available projects, and the scheduled events calendar for Tech-Priesthood events and functions. Accessing of Tech-Priesthood computer systems requires knowledge of a Ritual of Knowing. Due to the nature of Factory Temples, they are not merely places of worship, but also centers of intensive research and manufacturing. Raw materials, tools, and scientific minds go in, and highly ornate yet functional technology goes out. The Tech-Priests of a Factory Temple usually secure their income by offering sales of electronic and mechanical finished goods of varying purposes, and leasing out their skills and abilities towards the maintenance, installment, engineering, jury-rigging, upgrading, and experimentation of virtually any kind of technology.

Monastery College: the less sizable but no less important cousin to the Factory Temple, the Monastery College is a facility of the Tech-Priesthood that focuses on preparing acolytes for postings at a Factory Temple. The general purpose of the Monastery College is to provide a place for aspiring acolytes to live and learn, isolated from the rest of the world so that they can focus on their education in philosophy, science, and ritual. It is here that acolytes are put to task learning mathematics, motion physics, astrophysics, biology, engineering principles, and other areas of science. It is here that acolytes are introduced to the dogma of belief followed by the Cult Mechanicus, and through an academic curriculum, meditation procedures, and various forms of ritual the acolytes are introduced to the Cult Mechanicus. Through puzzles, tests, and ritual exercises they are given the basic educational foundation required to be able to contribute at Factory Temples and continue their education. The resources available at a Monastery College are minimal compared to what can be found at a Factory Temple, and in most cases a Monastery College is only about one-twentieth the size of a Factory Temple. Prominent visual identifiers of a Monastery College are the highly ornate wind turbines, octagonal dormitories, and the greater campus grounds that feature the Monastery College itself, which is a series of 6 pyramidal structures arranged in a symmetrical hexagonal pattern. In the center of the Monastery College is an obelisk to mirror that of one of the 10 obelisks in a Circuit of Ritual at a Factory Temple. This is not accidental. The Cult Mechanicus keeps a strict ratio of Monastery Colleges to Factory Temples, with 10 of the former for every 1 of the latter. This means that a Factory Temple has 10 Monastery Colleges associated directly with it, which will be its main sources of recruits. When acolytes arrive from a Monastery College, they are meant to sign in at the Tech-Priesthood terminal and communicate their Monastery Colleges' specific Ritual of Knowing so that they can be formally accepted as an acolyte of the Factory Temple.

Iltaakwenusih
Attaché

Capitalizt

The Ondyoh Incident

Postby Iltaakwenusih » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Previous Related Posts:

From Iltaakwenusih:
Iltaakwenusih wrote:

A young and beautiful Okaivanoh Woman sat down at the Desk in front of a large Camera as she readied her voice for the next segment in her broadcast. There was to be a large announcement, and she wanted to be clearly understood. Moments later the teleprompter was filled with the Nation-wide standard dialect of Iltantu as it scrolled from right to left in bold white text. The woman had 5 seconds, and was never this nervous in her life.
(Image)

"....Good Evening Iltaakwenusih, I'm Osoyeto Dowa Okaivanoh with your Evening 8 News."

she turned slightly to camera 2 to allow images to appear to her left.

"Earlier this morning, there came a disturbing announcement from The Constitutional Monarchy of Sternreich. Their head of State, Kaiser Karl the Second gave a speech to his nation on the subject of their future plans to Colonize Islands East of The U.S.S of Aranyus. This speech was moderate in tone and simple to the largest degree until the Kaiser Karl the Second spoke these words "Tis true that there are indigenous non-Keujeugh tribes in the area, and I call now for their complete eradication. This is a protocol I know we are all familiar with, as it has been our policy since antiquity. We do this not out of greed, but of necessity, for the greater good of our people!"

As she read this passage from the Kaiser's Speech, the inset images to her left depicted various images from the Speech's crowd and then cut images back to the indigenous tribesmen of the Island in question.

She then turned to Camera 1 again.

"This Speech has gone viral in merely 6 hours and has already stirred up Protestors in major cities across all of Iltaakwenusih calling for immediate action from the Lakohvi (King). The protestors call for "We [protestors] want our Lakohvi, Shanage Awihda, to remind Kaiser Karl II that such action would be a huge infraction against basic Human rights and would be a huge scar against the people and government of Sternreich".

The protestors have been found to call to the History of Iltaakwenusih as proof that the nation of Iltaakwenusih, in particular, should help save the Indigenous peoples of the Island which is now being called Ondyoh, after one of the major Tribes that reside there."

She turned back to Camera 2 with the images to her left showing pictures of the Lakohvi Shanage Awihda.

"In response to the Protestors, Our Lakohvi has given this short response to the People of Iltaakwenusih"

The screen cut to a video feed from the Union Longhouse where Shanage Awihda was giving his response:

"Listen all Iltanyu, hear me, and follow my words. I as your Lakohvi, have spoken to the Elder Council on the Announcement from Kaiser Karl II. We have come to the agreement to head your words. We shall protect these people from suffering a worse fate then we have ourselves in the past. We survived such an Eradication that Kaiser Karl II has proposed many generations ago. Thus it is we who are the most fit to prevent such an Eradication from ever occurring. I have sent a warning to Kaiser Karl II myself, stating that if he follows through his plans to Eradicate the People of Ondyoh Island; Then Iltaakwenusih will have to intervene and protect those of the most innocence from such blind ignorance. I realize that the Karl Kaiser II is dedicated to the idea of Colonization and this does not bother me or us at the slightest. Peaceful integration of differing peoples is, in fact, the only way that Iltaakwenusih ever became such a nation it is today. Knowing this, I have sat with the spirits and requested that they help the Kaiser not make this mistake. I pray that he is not that Ignorant"

Mrs. Osoyeto spoke again to Camera 1

"Following the announcement from our Lakohvi, many Clans have begun mobilizing their Fleets in preparation for the unlikely event that Sternreich continues with it's plans of Eradication of the Ondyoh People. We expect the Kaiser to reply in time for tomorrow's Broadcast at 9 A.M. I'm Osoyeto Dowa Okaivanoh. Sleep well Iltaakwenusih and Good Hunting."

From Sternreich:
Sternreich wrote:KAISERBERG, STERNREICH
KAISER KARL II
OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT RESPONSE TO: THE UNITED CLANS OF ILTAAKWENUSIH

It has come to my attention that you have asked us to halt our plans of the eradication of the locals of the island of 'Ondyoh' or risk military intervention. In response to this, I feel we must mobilize our own fleets to protect our assets from aggression until this situation is resolved. However, this is not to be taken as an intention to use force. Nay, we seek a more diplomatic solution.

In times past, any of my predecessors would've rejected your proposal in an instant and stuck to our traditions. I, however, am not my predecessors, and are indeed willing to listen to reason. The truth of the matter is, this issue is not worth straining relations between our nations. Instead, I feel a compromise can be reached.

The Reich will declare every tribe a separate state and shall attempt to integrate them into society. In return, they will relinquish a third of their teerritory to Sternreicher settlers, who will form their own states. All local states shall be given the right to completely govern themselves far more so than any other Sternreicher state in exchange for a sovereignty tax. This is a system we have used in the past, when the Keujeigh tribes and clans had yet to unite fully in the early days of Fraddwyn. Granted, this has never been done for non-Keugeigh, but my reign has so far been full of firsts.

In the long run, I expect this to be beneficial to the Reich. In the short run, we risk another civil war over tradition.

From Valyrian Freeholds:
Valyrian Freeholds wrote:MOBILIZATION
In response to the Kaiser's announcement of mobilization, Supreme Imperial Admiral Vhaerys Carsd has begun the process of mobilizing the Imperial Fleet as a consequence of "heightened tensions" between Itaakwenusih and Sternreich. "I believe the Kaiser may have to compromise with the locals as we have done with the natives of our new lands."

"However, we believe Itaakwenusih's response to be over reactive in trying to protected peoples who do not belong to their nation. We have upped patrols as well as commissined two new battle cruisers, I feel I may have to consult with the Emperor more before making anymore definite plans. Thank you"

From Paixao:
Paixao wrote:DIPLOMATIC COMMUNIQUÉ RE: STERNREICHER COLONIZATION PROCESS

Paixão commends Iltaakwenusih for it's astute support of a population in need, and pledges to lend support to Iltaakwenusih's position throughout the course of the Sternreicher colonization process.

Respectfully,

DIPLOMATIC COMMUNIQUÉ RE: INCREASED NAVAL MOBILIZATION

Paixão strongly advises that The Empire of Valyrian Freeholds stands down its Imperial Fleet, fearing an unnecessary and obtuse escalation to a situation that can and should be solved purely diplomatically, civilized means.

Respectfully,

DIPLOMATIC COMMUNIQUÉ RE: VALYRIAN ATTITUDES

Paixão would like to take note of the message stated by Valyrian officials at this time, and keep it for the day that, as a direct result of their mobilization, a minor diplomatic exchange that was of little interest to Valyria results in the loss of thousands of Valyrian lives. Pointlessly.

To be blunt: "Don't Say We Didn't Tell You".

Good day,

she turned slightly to camera 2 to allow images to appear to her left. Within the background was a digitally synthesized video screen with a reel of images related to the Kaiser Karl II of Sternreich.

"2 days ago, Kaiser Karl II made his announcement of Eradication on the island of Ondyoh that shook the Iltanyu Community and rallied many to protest openly in the streets. In the same day, Lakohvi Shanage Awihda made the Iltanyu heard to the Ruler of the Sternreicher People and he quickly replied in kind with a suitable Compromise. Here is a transcript of the Proposed Compromise:"

in the background video screen appeared a rolling script of the Communique given by Kaiser Karl II in response to the Lakohvi's initial Reply. Mrs. Osoyeto read a summary of the important sections of the Communique

"...we seek a more diplomatic solution.

In times past, any of my predecessors would've rejected your proposal in an instant...I, however, am not my predecessors, and are indeed willing to listen to reason...I feel a compromise can be reached.

The Reich will declare every tribe a separate state and shall attempt to integrate them into society...Granted, this has never been done for non-Keugeigh, but my reign has so far been full of firsts.

In the long run, I expect this to be beneficial to the Reich. In the short run, we risk another civil war over tradition."

she turned to Camera 1 once again to continue

"Following the Sternreich Proposal, The Lakohvi has taken the time to consult with the Elders all throughout yesterday on how to take such a statement. He is expected to give his response by Live Television Broadcast at 10PM tonight, that's 9AM Sternreich time. He will be giving his Response Speech in front of the Elder Council Longhouse. We here at Union Central News will be on the scene all night. Stay tuned..."

The lights faded as the broadcast went to a short commercial break

The Elder Council Longhouse: 10:00 P.M.

The Lakohvi of the Iltanyu People and the Clans of Akwensdyo, Shanage Awihda, was now in his 87th year in life, but only his 7th year of Leading the Nation. He thought back to the years of exile that brought the change of the League to become the Union it is today, with a new system influenced by the Solfasist Republic that took away the League. All of this rambled through his mind as he organized his appearance before walking to the stage in front of thousands of Iltanyu in the audience, and the potential Billions that watched on TV. Shanage stood atop the massive stone steps leading to the entrance of the Elder Council Longhouse and looked out over the fields of people ahead of him, and he spoke:

All that I've known in my life...all that I've seen in the eyes of those I greet...and all that I've heard from those I speak...have brought me the Life I know now. The time has come for all of us, We Iltanyu, to be the people the world sees, to be the voices the world hears, and to be the ones that Everyone seeks to be. We will no longer sit contently in our corner of the world, silently disregarding the people across the seas. We will no longer ignore their pleas for help, or their offers of grace. We will protect those who deserve it most.

We Iltanyu will not allow the Sternreicher to turn the Ondyoh into a minority in their own land. We will not allow the Ondyoh to become subjects to a foreign power. The idea of the Keugeigh having domain over another people they believe is so feeble as to immediately expect their "Eradication" is a frightful one. Integration or not, The Ondyoh people will always be lesser people in the eyes of the Keugeigh. Under the Kaiser's current compromise, I see no other future for the Ondyoh. They will be raised into a Society that hates them, and wishes for their removal every day. This is a future I cannot allow to be forced upon another person, let alone an entire People.

I will agree to Kaiser Karl II's Proposed Colonization and Integration Plan, however I must request that Kaiser Karl II provide consideration of his people's behavior towards other races. He must be ready to handle Racial Tensions in his nation if he is to continue to Colonize. And if such an issue occurs. We will be there to protect those who deserve it most.

I will request the Clans to withdrawal their fleets once Sternreicher Fleets are withdrawn from this incident. I do not wish to waste blood before blood has been taken.
Last edited by Iltaakwenusih on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iltaakwenusih
Attaché

Capitalizt

Postby Iltaakwenusih » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:24 am

"....Good Evening Iltaakwenusih, I'm Osoyeto Dowa Okaivanoh with your Evening 8 News. First to the table is an Announcement from the Osali-Amauvi (High-Admiral) this morning;

The screen switches to a recorded video of the Osali-Amauvi speaking at the Fleet HQ in the Sa Clanhold

"...Today marks the beginning of the construction of the Sitahama Military Base and Incorporated City in Sector 2010. We have found a location on the narrow Strait between Ondyoh Island and Ketagomo Island. Sitahama will be built on the Southern Cape opposite of Ondyoh Island. From there we can provide important assistance to the Ondyoh people during these troubled times. Nobody wants to go to war, neither does anyone want innocents to die."

Mrs. Osoyeto spoke again as the cameras switched to her once more

"The plans of building the Sitahama Military Base have been met with great approval by the public, many signing up voluntarily to work on the construction and supplying of materials. The Saukoi Corporation in particular is heading up the appropriations committee for the New Base. They have signed many contracts with hundreds of companies across the Clans to attain the quickest and most efficient method of construction and supply of the Project. Estimations place the completion of the Base within the end of the summer, just before the next ISGS Survey is taken."

She turned to camera 2 as images of new military vehicles cropped up to her left

"In similar News, the Osali-Raukovi (High-General) has been working closely with various research and development teams obtained from the University of Numenye to further develop various Military Projects to better the Capability of the United Armed Forces (Iltaak. Military). He stated "...For many years, other nations have looked to Iltaakwenusih's Military as a weakling, something to be easily defeated if standing alone. The only saving grace of our nation has been our Soldiers' Supreme Excellence in Asymmetrical Warfare; Famous for their ambushes, subversive tactics, and stealthy movements, We have lived in peace for any Invader was afraid to fight against the Iltanyu in such conditions. But the time has come that our forces were not just Feared in our Own Lands, but also in the Enemy's Lands...." The Osali-Raukovi continued to outline the projects to receive a huge boom in funding and research. The most important being the design and construction of new Land Vehicles, such as Tanks, APUs, and Mobile SAMs."

She turns back to Camera 1 for the farewell

"That's all for now, Folks. Tune in after the break for my Colleague's Segment, "Truth-Hunting with Noka". I've been Osoyeto Dowa Okaivanoh with your Evening 8 News, Good Hunting."

Kraslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kraslavia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:15 pm

[★KTV1]
News From Home and Abroad
International Edition

Good evening!
Disturbing news coming to us from Sternreich. Despite earlier declaration of abandonment of violent behavior in relation to the population of the local authorities decided to colonize Ondyoh. This was met with fierce response of the international community.

The Lakohvi of the Iltanyu People and the Clans of Akwensdyo, Shanage Awihda said (screen shows old Iltanyu man, text are translated by of screen voice):
We Iltanyu will not allow the Sternreicher to turn the Ondyoh into a minority in their own land. We will not allow the Ondyoh to become subjects to a foreign power. The idea of the Keugeigh having domain over another people they believe is so feeble as to immediately expect their "Eradication" is a frightful one.

Valyrian Freeholds mobilize forces as answer to Sternreich actions. It may be not only response to Ondyoh Incident but also effect of recently misunderstandings about territory betweem Valyria and Sternreich. In same time arise tensions between Vanhanian Empire and Valyrian Freeholds.

High Commissar of International Issues Nikolai Stefanovich Orchuk said (screen shows grizzled man in a suit speaking to microphone):
"Sternrich actions can be only critizezed. We respect that they resignate from brutality and genocide of natives but anyway this act of colonialism will put them into miserable position. There will be humanitarian tragedy anyway - people will be expelled from their homes and forced to migrate. This act cannot be tolerated. We must strongly protest against actions like that."

In same time Kraslavian High Commissariate of Defence and Security informed us about encouraged help on intervention in Judeska and operations in Khalikhan.

High Commissar of Defence and Security Jurij Vladislavovich Kiemonchikov said (middle age mand in suit speaking to microphone)
"Military mission in Khalikhan are part of our alliance commitments. Territory of our ally, and Kuanshu de Menkiang as his official property are under real threat of Formican invasion. We must help them to repeal attacking forces and retake occupied areas. Speaking about our actions in Judeska, this is our answer to internationall attempts of colonialism. We help local population both military and humanitarian. We must be certain that this area will be able to decide about itself in future. We don't want incorporate it into Kraslavia, anyway we set there temporary Kraslavian control to defend it and preform militia task. If people of this area ask about incoropration into Kraslavia - this decision will be in hands of First Secretary Krutin".

(view of SSE)
KrasKosm and KKKV informed that building of Mining Station "Barbara" is comming to end. Materials obtained through extraction will be spent on the construction of new ships. Decided to build a permanent orbital shipyards which will be built interstellar ships. It will be placed in geostationary orbit near the SSE. Ships built there to be equipped with slip-space drives.

It has to be clear. From 21 to 23 degrees. Coming rains in the area Premyslovice and Nieshkava. Wind in the area Sadovka. Geological Survey warns of small earthquakes in Novigrad.

(outro, voice form off)
Thank you for watching news. Have a nice afternoon. After this: Movie - "Vlam v Kazmaty". Criminal commedy, group of students with help of retired bank robber makes action to liberate from prison their wrongly convicted friend.
Last edited by Kraslavia on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE COALITION OF GOVERNAMENTS
PRO:Liberal Democratic Socialism,Left-Communism,Federalism, Direct Democracy, Left-Minarchism, Freedom of Religion, Sexual Freedom
AGAINST: Laissez-faire, Stalinism, Bolshevism,Fascism, Inequality and Suprematism, Religion in Politics, Uncontrolled Capitalism,Putinism
POLITICAL COMPASS: Economic Left/Right: -8.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38
KRASLAVIA NOT RUSSIA

Paixao
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Paixao » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:51 am

PAIXÃO CONDEMNS VAHRIC COLONIZATION EFFORTS IN EASTERN LERODAS
Keima Suvat'kê, for the Paixân Informer

Paixão today announces its condemnation of Vanhania's colonization efforts in sector 4013, citing the utter hypocrisy of Vanhania's condemnation of Valyria's supposed expansionist intent while Vanhania herself continues to unnecessarily expand its territories and influence across Lerodas. Reports indicate that naval patrols have been increased off the coast of Northern Paixão in response to the Vahric colonization, while the Paixân Foreign Office has indicated it will now come down heavily on Vanhania if it attempts to threaten Valyria with shows of military force in the future - although no indication was given of whether this would include sanctions or be limited to diplomatic condemnation.

No word came from the Iltanyu Government when asked for a statement by reporters from The Paixân Informer, but a representative from the Paixân Foreign Office stated during an interview regarding the matter that they "hope that both Iltaakwenusih and Khalikhan will support us [sic] in limiting Vahric territorial expansions into Eastern Lerodas".

The position is an unusually strong one for Paixão to take given its recent foreign policy, especially in light Vanhania's recent lifting of sanctions on foreign travel within its own borders, but our politicial analyst here at The Paixân Informer believes that Paixão has been forced to put its foot down in a situation of Vahric expansion just a little too close to home.

[Citations Needed]

Khalite
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Khalite » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Khalite State News

Today at the Khalite Institute for Public Research, internal journalists have put out a story detailing a significant rise in funding for the KIPR's Disease Research Center. An unexpected rise in charitable donations to the DRC was noticed, and after it was revealed that foreign donations weren't the rising factor, journalists began to ask questions at the KIPR. KSN reporters found out that, in a devious scheme by the KIPR, they provided a questionable incentive to raise funds for their Disease Research Center. In the weirdest piece of news to leave Khalite in a very long time, an unnamed woman was reportedly acting as a volunteer for the KIPR, offering to allow people to freely squeeze her abnormally large breasts if they donated a certain amount for furthering the cause of disease research. There were many sources of both amusement and outrage from the public, but what is certain is that since the woman was a volunteer, and not coerced, the CCA is reported to have given this fundraising technique "the okay" for the time being.

This has been KSN, delivering Khalite news to the world every once in a while, if the people with guns give us permission. Have a nice day, planet friends!

Khalikhan
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Khalikhan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:17 am

Khalikhan People's Committee sending Mobilization Petitions to State Committee

Here in Khalikhan, the situation is tense and austere. Actively on a war-footing due to the Formic invasions, the State Committee has its hands full with matters of extreme import almost on a daily basis. The Khanese Armed Forces of the Solar Pact are already deployed in many areas of Khalikhan, and some nearby islands, and the people of the country are not pleased with the state of the world. In an event that surprised the State Committee, a huge letter campaign was started among the People's Committee by free citizens, demanding for further military mobilization as a response to the Formic Union and, most shockingly, the Vahric Empire. This strong popular movement for mobilization was debated in the State Committee, and recommendations were proffered from the Military Committee.

Commander General Adrock, Selakus second-in-command of all military forces and head of the Military Committee, was quoted speaking in the State Committee congress: "Time and time again, during the old Solfasist regime, we were told that he Vahr could not be trusted. Time and time again, the old guard beat us over the head with the notion that the Vanhanian Empire was no better than us, and that like our past ambitions of war and glory, the Vahr dreamed of expansion. Well I put it to you all today that the Khalite were right, and that the Vahr haven't changed from what we thought they were; Imperialists! I have heard many calls for mobilization, and I hear and understand why. I cede the floor to High Chairwoman Motzi."

High Chairwoman Motzi, Selakus supreme commander of all military forces and President of Khalikhan, and her quoted follow-up statement: "Thank you, Commander General. And thank you, People, for being so sincere and forthright with your concerns. The derision of Vanhanian expansion from the Paixan Foreign Office, and the concern behind it, is something we share with the Paixans. Furthermore, I proclaim that it is Vanhania itself that convinced us that the Perth Convention was a waste of time. How can we trust a supposed New Coalition of Governments when its biggest proponent and champion is the Vahric monster that is still loose in the world, to do whatever it pleases, when it pleases? As High Chairwoman of the Executive Committee, I authorize further expansion of military power, and call for mobilization. We will take stronger action against the Formic Union, retake what is ours, and in our own time we will stand up to Vanhania in vehement protest of their actions alongside Paixao. As your Iron Mother, the strongest leader this country has ever had, I say NO to Vanhania and their hypocrisy. Vanhania's actions have severely angered a key member of the Solar Pact. I conclude my statements."

Paixao
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Paixao » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:07 pm

PAIXÃO CLAIMS GUARDIANSHIP OF STRAIT OF ALTA LAJE
Keima Suvat'Ke, for the Paixân Informer

Paixão has, today, claimed guardianship of the strait of Alta Laje (LGS Grid 4015), for reasons undisclosed by Paixân Ministry For Foreign Affairs. The Ministry For Foreign Affairs was careful to clarify that Guardianship did not entail ownership, and the official documentation, when analyzed by our legal analysts, did however imply that Paixân Naval Law could be applied across the entirety of the strait.

Political Motive?

We contacted our political analyst earlier today for an opinion on what this move might mean in the wider sphere of Paixân Foreign Policy:

"Such an aggressive move by Paixão is unprecedented in modern times, clearly Paixão is aiming to make a statement, although quite what that statement may be at this time is unclear. The accompanying legal document released was, unfortunately, vague, but the implication that Paixân Naval Law would allow for Search-And-Seize procedures to occur on foreign ships suspected of transporting good illegally (such as small arms and goods destined for black market distribution) may indicate an intention to cut down a perceived piracy or smuggling threat."

More news is likely to come over the next few weeks as the full implications of the law are realized and, of course, until then much of what can be stated is only hypothesis.

[Citations Needed]

Khalite
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Khalite » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:32 pm

"... THEY WHAT?!" roared the Commissar to an underling soldier whom had delivered the new. The Zaydish Khalite leader clenched his fists tightly, his claws almost biting through the fabric of his gloves. Zytzev stood up, toppling back his chair in the KPN central command bunker.

"Those unbelievable, arrogant, ridiculous fools!" yelled the Commissar, the physically imposing Zayd walking a slow circle around the perimeter of the command bunker's dim interior. He simply could not believe that those primitive, dragon-loving backstabbers could be this bold! As the uniformed man fumed, the center hologram pedestal of the bunker thrummed to life, and the Eye of the Omnissiah was upon the Commissar. The Voice of the Machine God came from speakers in the armored chamber.

"You are upset, dear Commissar. Why?"

"You know why! You knew before I did." replied the Zayd in an exasperated tone.

"Yes, I did. The Valyrian Freeholds have begun to establish a colonies here in the East. Tell me your thoughts, Commissar. Why are you angry?"

"Those Valyrians-- they're just like the Vahr! Wanting to spread their progeny where it isn't wanted! We cannot abide by this, Omnissiah."

"My dear friend, what do you suggest we do? I know you desire a military solution. But why should we take the risk?"

"The reason, Omnissiah, is that these Valyrians are Imperialists that aren't going to respect us and the East if we don't beat it into them." Zytzev's voice dripped with malice as he stared up at the enormous holographic Eye.

"As head of security and military affairs, dear Commissar, what specific course of action do you wish to take? I too believe that these alien colonies are wholly unsatisfactory."

Commissar Zytzev turned to his nearby aides, whom had all been watching the conversation closely. Zytzev gave instructions, "Send it down the chain of command. Concentrate what Fleets and Armies you can. Incorporate Elite units and heavy weapons into the mobilization. I want a formal threat sent to Valyria within the hour, detailing our extreme displeasure and our willingness to attack. That is a direct order. You are all dismissed. You have your orders, carry them out."

The various personnel assembled began to do as instructed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
KHALITE MOBILIZATION: FORMAL NOTICE TO VALYRIA

The CCCK is very keenly outraged by this foolhardy example of reckless Imperialism. For the sake of brevity, this message will be kept short. The CCCK demands a complete withdraw of Valyrian colonial assets from the East and back to the Empire. If Valyrian leaders are unable to comply, then the CCCK will attack with extreme force. This message is not a prelude to negotiation. This message is a demand for unconditional surrender and compliance with the order to withdraw; this is an ultimatum. Obey, or the CCCK will attack in one standard week. This message is concluded.

Paixao
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Paixao » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:43 pm

DIPLOMATIC COMMUNIQUÉ RE: VAHRIC EXTENSION OF INFLUENCE TO EASTERN LERODAS

The Paixân Foreign Office writes to inform Vanhania that the fact of the matter is that trade can be conducted efficiently and effectively between the nations of the East and Vanhania without the need for a Vahric port (and one with a almost two battalions worth of soldiers manning it, to boot!) on our doorstep. Its presence is unnecessary and therefore, by proximity to our borders, aggressive and needlessly expansionist.

While we do not accuse Vanhania of conspiring to repeat its sins of old, we remind Vanhania of the essential part that Kohzyv took in the Vanhanian/Kraslavian war as both a Vanhanian airbase and staging area for amphibious invasions. Military presence (including refueling, repair or maintenance facilities for military ships and/or aircraft) is therefore absolutely unacceptable, as it demonstrates an intent to use said base as a military facility at some point in the future. Paixão will not accept a Vanhanian military facility this close to its borders at this time, and if Vanhania truly wishes to extend an olive branch to the East, it should do so through more conventional means. The Nazolav facility is several steps too far, and a leap of faith that only a foolish nation would take.

In short, Paixão is willing to extend diplomatic ties to Vanhania through trade and embassies, but under no circumstances can we accept the proposed Vahric installation as it currently stands. Proceeding with the installation will result in a direct, and severe, deterioration in Vahric-Paixân relations. We hope Vanhania will weigh up the opportunity costs of this situation very carefully before it makes its decision.

Respectfully,

[Citations Needed]

Khalite
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Khalite » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:12 am

KHALITE COMMUNIQUE: FORMAL NOTICE TO ALL EASTERN ISLAND NATIONS

Greetings to all of Khalite's Eastern allies. This message is addressed to you all with a serious tone. The topic is the Empire of Valyria. As you all know, Khalite has recently taken issue with the Valyrians for their expansion into our realm of the East. It is our understanding that many of you are also opposed to this Valyrian expansion.

This is a strong request from the CCCK Primary Directive that the following Eastern nations expel any potential Valyrian representatives, diplomats, business officials, government officials, military officials, and Valyrian Nationals in general:

Iltaakwenusih
Paixao
Kraslavia
Saigonias
Khalikhan
The United Roman Reich
The Veteranocracy
East Ceiland
Hewtops
New Erim

To reiterate, this is a strong request from the CCCK Primary Directive that the aforementioned nations begin to formally investigate Valyrian presence in local areas, and expel Valyrian Nationals back to their homeland. Cooperation will be rewarded with not only Khalite's gratitude, but the satisfaction of moving toward a common goal of rebuffing flagrant Imperialism from an unwanted source.

The CCCK Primary Directive, including Commissar Zytzev, has began Commissariat investigation of Valyrian activity. Any person whom can provide credible information that leads to the location and arrest of Valyrian Nationals throughout the Eastern Islands by Commissariat security teams will be rewarded. Those that aid Valyrians, either directly or indirectly, will face censure from Khalite, and possible prosecution.

This Empire from Northwest Lerodas has officially depleted Khalite's last reserves of patience and restraint.

Khalite
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Khalite » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:44 am

KHALITE COMMUNIQUE: DIPLOMATIC REQUESTS

This is a message from the CCCK Primary Directive, conveyed with an aggressive tone.

We have received numerous pleas from various nations to reach a peaceful option with Valyria. We will be very clear about our intentions.

Not a single request from any foreign source suggesting peace or negotiation is going to be listened to, or respected, by Khalite.

In the most blunt use of language to convey our message, we are going to attack and murder the Valyrian colonists, and no-one will get in our way-- unless they wish to share the fate of our target.

From this point on, all of these useless diplomatic communications that waste our time with requests for peaceful negotiation will be ignored.

The United Roman Reich
Attaché

Postby The United Roman Reich » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:11 am

New Genéve. Reichskanzlei building
Private meeting room

Reichsmarshal Samuel Kuroda slammed down his scaly fist so the entire oak table shook. “This is precisely why we should never have left isolation! This... This childish ravings from a bunch of infected, lobotomized no gooders is threatening the very safety of our citizens and for what?! This is all that comes from interacting with barbarians, BARBARYISM! Open up to the world they said! Show them that we are benevolent, show them that we are trustworthy, lead by example, THEY SAID! Those brain dead knuckle counters at the Planning Committee! The late Goldstein would turn in his grave if he knew what we have gotten ourself into. I told you all that this day would come and now it has! Calamity is standing at our doorstep and we are caught with our pants down wonder why no one worship the excrescence it reveals!”

“We are all sitting in the same room Reichsmarshal, not spread out across the city. We can hear you fine.” interrupted Reichskanzler Natalya Yokota. “We all knew that changes would come given our entrance on the international stage but that doesn't change things. Our priority is, and remains, to ensure the wellbeing of our people. Now comrades, can you please tell me how we do that.

Kuroda were about to speak up again but the head of the ministry of Foreign Affairs, Saskia Lange, cut him off. “I think that our main concerns for the moment is the nature of the Khalite Mrs Reichskanzler. Our Psycho groups are yet to gather enough data on the subject. Frankly we don't understand them well enough to make any educated assessments on what to do in this situation.”

Yokota rubbed her eyes and looked like she tried to hide her face behind her slender hands. “This is not the stone age, we got to have some diplomatic alternatives for this situation.”

“Who knows what the Khalite hides in that monstrosity of Temple they have standing outside.” growled Kuroda and showed his teeth.

The room laid silent for a moment as all played with thoughts, the one more horrifying after the other.

“I think we only have one clear option for the moment. It's rude but it is what it is.” said Robert Salgren, the head diplomat attached to the Valyrian foreign relations division. He sighted and looked around the room at all the gathered. “We'll simply have to send the Valyrian diplomatic staff home until things cool off.”

“That would only show that we cover in fear of the Khalite.” growled the Reichsmarshal in contempt.

It shows, that we prioritize the safety of our people above the silly bickering of other nations. We have good diplomatic ties with Valyria and they will understand the sincerity of this situation. And damned be the Khalite if they expect us to do anything less than protecting our citizens!” retorted Robert whose face grew into a reddish dark.

“Do we all agree on this?” asked Yokota with a tired voice. “We implore the Valyrian delegation to go home, for their own as well as our safety?”

People slowly nodded their heads in silence across the room. And Yokota sighted. “Fine then, Robert I expect you'll handle this with utmost care.” She looked at Kuroda. “Reichsmarshal, I will submit a formal request that we are to be prepared for an increase of the national readiness level. I want you to have your people prepared for whatever is in store for us, come hell or highwater. And... give a call to the NPSDF. They can go on high alert without being bound to the READLEV.”

“Duly noted, Mrs Reichskanzler.” grinned the aging Kiyounari.

UniNet News
Following the recent international happenings concerning the hostile relationship between the CCCK and the Valyrian Freeholds, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have announced that they Valyrian staff of the Valyrian embassy will be sent home to Valyria. This is, given the international climate, to ensure the safety of the Valyrian personnel as well as our country's citizens.
We can only hope that this situation settles down before it escalates any further.

In other news the Ministry of People's Security have announced that they will carry out Wargames ahead of schedule around the capital and other urban centers of the union. It is the National People's Self-Defense Force that will conduct these wargames and thus not the regular army. Effected areas will receive information that concerns just them so that locals may be made aware of the exercises. The wargames were original planned to be carried out in the coming spring but are thus, as of now planned ahead of schedule.
Last edited by The United Roman Reich on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Paixao
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Paixao » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:30 am

PAIXÃO AMENDS NAVAL LAW, INCREASES NAVAL PATROLS IN STRAIT OF ALTA LAJE (LGS 4015)
Keima Suvat'Ke, For the Paixân Informer

In yet another unusual move, Paixão has today amended its Naval Law to permit the search and denial of passage to any foreign ship suspected of transporting certain items of machinery and construction equipment through Areas of National Guardianship, of which the most prominent is the recently declared Strait of Alta Laje (LGS 4015). The ban is said to include Military Equipment, Military Personnel, Construction Machinery and the poorly defined "Raw Materials Destined For Construction Work".

What Does This Mean For The International Community?

Paixân Naval patrols in the Strait of Alta Laje have tripled, and a significant combined task force of Paixân Coast Guard and Navy ships are now present in the waters, with everything from coastal patrol boats to destroyers and cruisers scouring the waters.

Earlier today, a Vahric ship transporting machinery and materials destined for the Nazolav facility was stopped and forced to turn back, its contents deemed "illegal contraband" and a warning handed out that further attempts by Vahric ships to pass through the Strait of Alta Laje with illegal contraband would result in the detention of crewmembers and/or the confiscation of the ships' cargo. A three day grace period was, however, included in the warning, to allow for the proper distribution of the warning to relevant Vanhanian naval and colonial authorities before the policy of detention and confiscation was fully enacted.

The move by Paixão indicates a serious commitment to frustrating Vahric colonization efforts, forcing Vanhanian ships to take long detours, increasing delivery times and, potentially, fuel prices. News is yet to come on what the Vahric response to this may be.
Last edited by Paixao on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Citations Needed]

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information