NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation [NO MECHS] Tranche 7

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:32 pm

New Vihenia wrote:PewPewPew :3

Vihenian tactical HEL demonstrator :3 Beam Director.

(Image)

It's a chemical laser design, with 1 meter mirror and 4 megawatt output. It can engage and destroy "aircraft" Target with 25 Kj/sqcm hardening at 4 seconds and 50 km range. The lasing medium is Oxygen-Iodine laser.

That is really, really cool.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Orussia wrote:Freaking huge.

T-55 for reference.

You haven't been browsing otvaga2004.ru... have you?
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Stahn
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stahn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Lydenburg wrote:
I really shouldn't be posting here until I finish that long damn storefront,

That reminds me. :blush:

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:28 pm

RIP
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
Leopard 2 IRL

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:36 pm

The Kievan People wrote:http://otvaga2004.ru/tanki/tanki-concept/tank-t-100-140/

Google translate says it would still be restricted to 800 mm KEP lengths in storage (but could manage 1200 mm length sabots in the chamber), am I reading that correctly? And no APS?
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:40 pm

You are. But it's not a real tank.

I was mostly struck that it is remarkably similar to Orussia's new tank.
RIP
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
Leopard 2 IRL

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:43 pm

The Kievan People wrote:You are. But it's not a real tank.

I was mostly struck that it is remarkably similar to Orussia's new tank.

Well yeah, I know it isn't a real tank. It's just odd that the design goes to the length of proposing a complete redesign of the internal layout, a much larger hull, and a bigger gun and still restricts round length.
New Terran Republic (FT)

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:45 pm

The Kievan People wrote:http://otvaga2004.ru/tanki/tanki-concept/tank-t-100-140/

I love it.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Next gen MBT to replace the T-72s and T-80s with Standard Turrets? I think so.
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

"Communism was a mistake" ~ (((((((((Karl Marx)))))))))
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:48 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:Well yeah, I know it isn't a real tank. It's just odd that the design goes to the length of proposing a complete redesign of the internal layout, a much larger hull, and a bigger gun and still restricts round length.

Ah, well I am not a fan of the autoloader either.
RIP
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
Leopard 2 IRL

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:Well yeah, I know it isn't a real tank. It's just odd that the design goes to the length of proposing a complete redesign of the internal layout, a much larger hull, and a bigger gun and still restricts round length.

Ah, well I am not a fan of the autoloader either.

800mm KEP length isn't terrible tbf.

That's how long my APFSDS round is and I manage to get roughly ~800mm of penetration with it.

Edit:

I don't think it would require that much of a radical change to the design to include a bustle autoloader akin to the one on the Black Eagle, if I am not mistaken. Ammunition capacity would be reduced to somewhere around 25 rounds, but you wouldn't have restricted ammunition lengths. I believe the roof mounted A/C and MG would have to be repositioned or removed altogether however.
Last edited by Krazakistan on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:57 pm

It is fine for a 125mm gun. But for a 140mm gun it is a waste of potential.
RIP
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
Leopard 2 IRL

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Krazakistan wrote:800mm KEP length isn't terrible tbf.

That's how long my APFSDS round is and I manage to get roughly ~800mm of penetration with it.

Even conceptual 140 mm guns had round lengths close to a meter and a half, IIRC (this does not mean the KEP is that length). And this is before the decades of ammunition development that has created larger KEPs for existing weapons to maintain lethality. It kind of defeats the point of going to a big 140 mm L/55 gun as "proposed."
New Terran Republic (FT)

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:02 pm

The Kievan People wrote:It is fine for a 125mm gun. But for a 140mm gun it is a waste of potential.

See my edit.

Otherwise, the wasted potential isn't much of an issue for me specifically. I would prefer to have more penetration, but I believe 800mm should be enough to destroy the MBTs my Army will potentially face. Which are mainly Sabras and small numbers of Leclercs.

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:800mm KEP length isn't terrible tbf.

Even conceptual 140 mm guns had round lengths close to a meter and a half, IIRC (this does not mean the KEP is that length). And this is before the decades of ammunition development that has created larger KEPs for existing weapons to maintain lethality. It kind of defeats the point of going to a big 140 mm L/55 gun as "proposed."

I can imagine larger CE rounds being a benefit of upgrading to 140mm, but otherwise I agree.

Triple tandem HEAT rounds come to mind for a 140mm gun. Heheh.
Last edited by Krazakistan on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Political Compass:

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Krazakistan wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:It is fine for a 125mm gun. But for a 140mm gun it is a waste of potential.

See my edit.

Otherwise, the wasted potential isn't much of an issue for me specifically. I would prefer to have more penetration, but I believe 800mm should be enough to destroy the MBTs my Army will potentially face. Which are mainly Sabras and small numbers of Leclercs.

If it is, then you don't need a 140 mm gun in the first place, so it doesn't matter. Going to a larger gun implies that more penetration is needed than existing calibers, but restricting KEP length severely diminishes this potential.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Radicchio
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Radicchio » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Lydenburg wrote:
I really shouldn't be posting here until I finish that long damn storefront, but I can't help but comment on the choice of the MGS. Why?

First off, a storefront can be finished?
And also, You ate starting a storefront!

Will i be able to buy fully fleshed up South African tech there?

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:See my edit.

If it is, then you don't need a 140 mm gun in the first place, so it doesn't matter. Going to a larger gun implies that more penetration is needed than existing calibers, but restricting KEP length severely diminishes this potential.

I just did a calculation for a 1200mm Sabot and got 1200mm+ of potential penetration.

With that in mind I cede my point that 140mm could be useful for larger CE rounds. Just, damn. 1200mm+ of KE penetration. :shock:
Last edited by Krazakistan on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Political Compass:

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Krazakistan wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:

I just did a calculation for a 1200mm Sabot and got 1200mm+ of potential penetration.

With that in mind I cede my point that 140mm could be useful for larger CE rounds. Just, damn. 1200mm+ of KE penetration. :shock:

Fuck, couldn't that pretty much kill everything from the front?
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:17 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:

Fuck, couldn't that pretty much kill everything from the front?

I'm usually somewhat reluctant to accept really trolltastic KEP figures (over 1,000 mm), since there's much more to it than length (although length helps and is one of the easiest things to increase, provided you don't have any limitations like autoloader or chamber length). This is before the whole matter of KEP optimization vs. specific armor arrangements is considered. It will increase penetration no doubt, but round optimization has already done that over the past few decades. And of course, NS is the realm of wank armor, where Western levels of passive protection are combined with duplex/EFP/command ERA for maximum lulz.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:27 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Fuck, couldn't that pretty much kill everything from the front?

I'm usually somewhat reluctant to accept really trolltastic KEP figures (over 1,000 mm), since there's much more to it than length (although length helps and is one of the easiest things to increase, provided you don't have any limitations like autoloader or chamber length). This is before the whole matter of KEP optimization vs. specific armor arrangements is considered. It will increase penetration no doubt, but round optimization has already done that over the past few decades. And of course, NS is the realm of wank armor, where Western levels of passive protection are combined with duplex/EFP/command ERA for maximum lulz.

Trolltastic? :(

To clarify, the inputs I used for this calculator were as follows:

• 1200mm lenght
  • 30mm diameter
  • 55mm frustum length
  • 6 mm frustum diameter
  • 17500 density
  • 1.9 km/s for impact velocity
Material type is tungsten.

Not the best with math, so if the results seem wanky than it's probably to do with my difficulty with advanced math equations.

Political Compass:

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:41 pm

L/D limit is 30.
RIP
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
Leopard 2 IRL

Auroya
Minister

Founded: Feb 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auroya » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:45 pm

How can I calculate the maximum speed of a tracked AFV?
Last edited by Auroya on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Social progressive, libertarian socialist, trans girl. she/her pls.
Buckminster Fuller on earning a living

Navisva: 2100

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:50 pm

The Kievan People wrote:L/D limit is 30.

Length to diameter ratio?

Political Compass:

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Krazakistan wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:L/D limit is 30.

Yes. A 1200mm rod would weigh about 25kg. Which is crazy.
RIP
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
Leopard 2 IRL

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:53 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:

Yes. A 1200mm rod would weigh about 25kg. Which is crazy.

We are talking about a rod for an autoloaded 140mm gun though
Last edited by Krazakistan on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Political Compass:

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information