NATION

PASSWORD

Applications to Aeneas [Role-Playing Region]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bubba Reb
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bubba Reb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:23 pm

After chatting with several members in IRC, I am adjusting my numbers again.

10 million Population.
16 billion GDP
The military numbers reduced by half again.

The island would have been purchased from Defese 16 years ago.
Coffee is a major export.

Only a very small percentage of the island has traditionally paved roads, while privately maintained roads are common.

As I've said in chat, the numbers aren't that big of a deal to me. I just want to RP.

The spelling......... will improve as soon as I can get spellcheck to work on this tablet/keyboard/laptop hybid.

If speleeng ulone iz whut deturmines the qualitee uf a riter...... then auto correct should make everyone in NS as good as Steven King.

(If the crack against my spelling is in regards to Bubba Rebs accent in RP, then it is a direct violation of the claim to "realism" and thereby dismissed.)
What is more realistic?

An American born southerner saying :

"Hey, y'all better git yer butt in gear, cause if ya keep actin tha fool yer gonna fail yer psychology exam." .....in perfect english with no accent.....

Or the same saying :

"You all should study, because if you keep partying, you will fail the psychology exam."

If you have ever known an American, native southerner, you will know the second is far less realistic than the first.

It is also far more boring to read than the first, and when it comes down to it, that is what we are all here for, to read, and/or to write.
Last edited by Bubba Reb on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bubba Rebs sock drawer
(The man, the nation, it's history, people, vehicles, trade specialties, factbook, and all kinds of other junk.)

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=bubba_reb

Lyncanestria
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyncanestria » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:31 pm

Bubba Reb wrote:If you have ever known an American, native southerner, you will know the second is far less realistic than the first.

I've lived in Texas for fourteen years and I have never met someone that speaks like Rick Perry or Phil Robertson in person.
Pop: 64,854,527 | At arms: 227,895 (314,712 reserve)
GDP: NSD $3.099 trillion (2.869 ƒ) trillion | GDP/c: $44,371
Emperor: Philippe VIII | PM: Luc Mariard
: Vehicular accident kills 3, including Fleury CF striker :: Burgoyard seperatist demonstrations turn violent in Jugny :: After a term out of office, Mariard regains Premiership :: Emperor undertakes official visit to Vannois :: Baudelaire Systems unveil newest phone, the Astro 4 :: Moulins declares Caeseti regime "illegitimate" :

Cestyr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cestyr » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:09 am

Ten million is a more reasonable figure than 25 million, but it's still an insane amount of people to have settled in 16 years time into a place where you're starting with literally nothing. Moving that amount of people in could technically be done, but realistically you'd be looking at a nation with the social order of a very large refugee camp albeit with more luxury. The saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" has never been more apt in a discussion which I've been in; there's much more to building a nation than building a house for everybody to live in. As a project engineer working in civil construction, I've known that even the most basic, menial things can take a year to complete and cost millions while some of the larger projects, like highways and hospitals, can be ten year propositions. Again, you could theoretically but it's not realistic. And then there's a lot more to building a nation than just building things as well, like having jobs for the immigrants when they get off the boat. The problem people have when moving into a new sub-development or pop-up suburb is always the access to employment because it's initially non-existent, and people without jobs don't have a great deal to spend. It's partially the reason why China is able to build dozens of empty apartment buildings in ghost cities that don't have anybody to live there; they have nothing to move there for.

That aside, I think you're being a little overzealous in your estimates and I think your application would work much better if you roleplayed as a man who built his own Monaco or Cayman Islands rather than a man who built his own Australia. That'd also give you a quite unique standing in the region and make for some very interesting relationships between other nations. Ultimately, you have the final say on what you submit to the region, but I still feel that some of the "coolness" of your concept is lost by attempting to be very young, large and developed nation all at the same time. If you're concerned about regional influence, I doubt you'd lose any by going down to a much smaller nation if you can still carve a niche out for yourself as a haven for the rich and famous.
CA F1 - In progress!
Mirage - Started!
CMBT - In queue
Missile - Cancelled!

Bubba Reb
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bubba Reb » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:23 am

Lyncanestria wrote:
Bubba Reb wrote:If you have ever known an American, native southerner, you will know the second is far less realistic than the first.

I've lived in Texas for fourteen years and I have never met someone that speaks like Rick Perry or Phil Robertson in person.

I've lived in the south for 40 years, have family in Tennessee, and Georgia, close friends in WV, small country towns of Texas and Louisiana, and every single one of us have different accents. I've never heard one of us talk without an accent of some level when in normal conversation.

Rick Perry? Yeah... That one sounds a little.... Forced at times.

But there are so many dialects in Louisiana that you'd be naïve to suggest that no one else sounds like Phil Robertson.

But you know what..... I have cut my numbers to 1/4 of what they were, making me probably half the size of the smallest nation here. I've spent quite some time explaining, negotiating, adapting, and rewriting my nation with Aeneas members.
Now for the argument against my acceptance to devolve into a criticism of accents in RP and a few typos..... I dunno.

I'm starting to consider withdrawing my application.
Last edited by Bubba Reb on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba Rebs sock drawer
(The man, the nation, it's history, people, vehicles, trade specialties, factbook, and all kinds of other junk.)

Bubba Reb
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bubba Reb » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:33 am

Cestyr wrote:Ten million is a more reasonable figure than 25 million, but it's still an insane amount of people to have settled in 16 years time into a place where you're starting with literally nothing. Moving that amount of people in could technically be done, but realistically you'd be looking at a nation with the social order of a very large refugee camp albeit with more luxury. The saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" has never been more apt in a discussion which I've been in; there's much more to building a nation than building a house for everybody to live in. As a project engineer working in civil construction, I've known that even the most basic, menial things can take a year to complete and cost millions while some of the larger projects, like highways and hospitals, can be ten year propositions. Again, you could theoretically but it's not realistic. And then there's a lot more to building a nation than just building things as well, like having jobs for the immigrants when they get off the boat. The problem people have when moving into a new sub-development or pop-up suburb is always the access to employment because it's initially non-existent, and people without jobs don't have a great deal to spend. It's partially the reason why China is able to build dozens of empty apartment buildings in ghost cities that don't have anybody to live there; they have nothing to move there for.

That aside, I think you're being a little overzealous in your estimates and I think your application would work much better if you roleplayed as a man who built his own Monaco or Cayman Islands rather than a man who built his own Australia. That'd also give you a quite unique standing in the region and make for some very interesting relationships between other nations. Ultimately, you have the final say on what you submit to the region, but I still feel that some of the "coolness" of your concept is lost by attempting to be very young, large and developed nation all at the same time. If you're concerned about regional influence, I doubt you'd lose any by going down to a much smaller nation if you can still carve a niche out for yourself as a haven for the rich and famous.

As I've said several times, the numbers mean little to me. I've cut them to 1/4 of what they were.

I can even adjust Bubba Rebs age to ....46 or even 51, thus giving the nation a 31 year history instead of 16. But it really seems that for some, especially those who have not talked with me or read my RPs and history, that the numbers are irrelevant. That I could agree to one hundred people living in a tent, with a canoe for their military, and they would still find reasons to oppose it.

If that turns out to be the case, then I will just move on.
Bubba Rebs sock drawer

Cestyr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cestyr » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:42 am

Bubba Reb wrote:
Cestyr wrote:Ten million is a more reasonable figure than 25 million, but it's still an insane amount of people to have settled in 16 years time into a place where you're starting with literally nothing. Moving that amount of people in could technically be done, but realistically you'd be looking at a nation with the social order of a very large refugee camp albeit with more luxury. The saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" has never been more apt in a discussion which I've been in; there's much more to building a nation than building a house for everybody to live in. As a project engineer working in civil construction, I've known that even the most basic, menial things can take a year to complete and cost millions while some of the larger projects, like highways and hospitals, can be ten year propositions. Again, you could theoretically but it's not realistic. And then there's a lot more to building a nation than just building things as well, like having jobs for the immigrants when they get off the boat. The problem people have when moving into a new sub-development or pop-up suburb is always the access to employment because it's initially non-existent, and people without jobs don't have a great deal to spend. It's partially the reason why China is able to build dozens of empty apartment buildings in ghost cities that don't have anybody to live there; they have nothing to move there for.

As I've said several times, the numbers mean little to me. I've cut them to 1/4 of what they were.

I can even adjust Bubba Rebs age to ....46 or even 51, thus giving the nation a 31 year history instead of 16. But it really seems that for some, especially those who have not talked with me or read my RPs and history, that the numbers are irrelevant. That I could agree to one hundred people living in a tent, with a canoe for their military, and they would still find reasons to oppose it.

If that turns out to be the case, then I will just move on.

What sort of role do you envision playing in the region with your current numbers? How will this affect your foreign policy towards other Aenean nations?

Redacted, after discussion with the region.
Last edited by Cestyr on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
CA F1 - In progress!
Mirage - Started!
CMBT - In queue
Missile - Cancelled!

Mizuyuki
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizuyuki » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:48 am

Bubba Reb wrote:Now for the argument against my acceptance to devolve into a criticism of accents in RP and a few typos..... I dunno.

I'm starting to consider withdrawing my application.

I know Lyn; they aren't the sort of person who would go ahead and deny an application based on such a trifling issue. More likely Lyn picked up on that particular bit about the accents while going through your app and simply mentioned it in passing. Don't let that discourage you, Bub.
This nation has been retired.
Please direct any and all communications intended for the user behind this nation to Kirisaki.

Winpheala
Attaché

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Winpheala » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:23 am

Cestyr wrote:b]Winpheala[/b], I'm leaning towards a yes, but first I'd like to give you a writing prompt so we can get a better idea of your RP. The setting is the arrival of your delegate/delegation at an international conference between several Aenean nations regarding illegal trout fishing. Take a few days if you need to.

I deeply apologise for the time it took for me to reply to this, but I'm afraid there's no way I can RP that due to my nation's current state. If you want however, I'm currently doing a P2TM RP and I'll link you my post when I've made one.

Viridisolum
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Viridisolum » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:01 am

I support Bubba Reb's application. He is an RPer, besides being ample as one, that is also distinct from what all I've known in my four years of RPing.
Last edited by Viridisolum on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mizuyuki
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizuyuki » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:18 am

Winpheala wrote:I deeply apologise for the time it took for me to reply to this, but I'm afraid there's no way I can RP that due to my nation's current state. If you want however, I'm currently doing a P2TM RP and I'll link you my post when I've made one.

Yes, that should be good enough for us. Take all the time you need; we're not going anywhere in a hurry.
Last edited by Mizuyuki on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
This nation has been retired.
Please direct any and all communications intended for the user behind this nation to Kirisaki.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:22 am

If I may put in my though on the Bubba Reb discussion, I'm very conflicted. While I've seen a very goofy style come from him that is refreshing it simply doesn't really fit the way I have seen others RP here. Not because it's bad but because it's a very silly boarderline satirical style that doesn't really convay seriousness. That really my only issue with Bubba and as long as he can get the numbers worked out as he said he's been willing to do and maybe give an example of a more serious sounding RP I'd more than happy to see him aboard.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Bubba Reb
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bubba Reb » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:00 am

Insaeldor wrote:If I may put in my though on the Bubba Reb discussion, I'm very conflicted. While I've seen a very goofy style come from him that is refreshing it simply doesn't really fit the way I have seen others RP here. Not because it's bad but because it's a very silly boarderline satirical style that doesn't really convay seriousness. That really my only issue with Bubba and as long as he can get the numbers worked out as he said he's been willing to do and maybe give an example of a more serious sounding RP I'd more than happy to see him aboard.

Was Bubbas covert SEAL operation (that I previously submitted)
involving the killing of the french drug mafia to silly?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bubba signaled silently to his SEAL team. Like ghosts the men split up, and disappeared into the night. Looking up the cliff face, Bubba reached into a pocket and rubbed the black chalk onto his finger tips. Every bit of the gear and weapons he had was blacked out, or covered in soft neoprene tape to prevent even the slightest rattle, clink or whisper of noise. This mission brought stealth to a whole new level, a level he and his elite team had been to many times over the years. Gripping the natural crevices and cracks in the face cliff, Bubba began his ascent.

Just before reaching the top, he paused to slow his breath. While listening for any sound of activity, he clung to the jagged rock four stories above the stream he and his men had infiltrated in on. Having sufficiently slowed his heart beat from the rigors of the stealthy climb, and satisfied there was no sign of life from the ridge above, he ever so slowly raised his head to peer over the edge. He made sure that the scraggly bush growing stubbornly on the cliffs edge concealed his movement and the moons light did not silhouette his outline, he pulled himself over the ledge, then waited silent as a stone, listening for movement. His eyes and senses had grown so accustomed to the pale moonlight and the still sounds of the forest, that he hardly needed the night vision system he now utilized.

Slowly, the scene unfolded before him. The French gangs hastily erected mobile camp site began to take shape. Thirty yards from the cliffs edge were the remains of a campfire, its embers glowing red as the last of the dying flames licked its edges. A bald, broad shouldered man with tattoos covering his skull sat slumped before the fire, having dozed off while staring into the mesmerising flames. Bubba was carefull not to fall for the same rookie mistake, he knew that only a greenhorn would look into the flames of a fire while in a potentially hostile territory. Such a move would cause night blindness, and as the heavily muscled shirtless man now proved, could lull one to sleep with little effort. Remaining still, Bubba continues to take in his surroundings. It's a good thing too, as he spots a dark shape in his peripheral vision leaning against a tree with his back to the cliff. The sentry was busy watching the perimeter to the left, which meant there was likely to be at least one more on the right. Just as suspected, the encampment of men felt safe with the cliff to their backs. They likely made the mistake of assuming that if they couldnt scale it quietly enough to attack, no one else could either. Bubba resisted a smile at the thought, it was no mistake that he had chosen this difficult route. It was also no mistake that they had chosen to launch their mission at zero three hundred hours when the untrained human body finds it most difficult to resist the embrace of slumber.

Moving through the terrain with the skill of a jungle cat, he came up behind the sentry without a noise. At the exact same moment, both hands reach around the tree. The skinning knife in his right hand slices through the mans throat nearly to the bone. As the sticky red blood flows over the blade and down to his elbow, his left hand is clamped around the mans mouth and nose in a steel grip, preventing even the slightest escape of noise. As the dying mans nerves relax, Bubba moves on to the next victim. He comes upon three men lying beside one another, their blankets shielding them from the dampness of the night as they sleep. Dispatching one man as he did the first, bubba skips the second in line. He doesnt recognize the face from the surveillance recon gathered over the previous weeks, and even though he is reasonably certain the man is still a gang member, he still chooses to move on to the third. Pulling a syringe from his pouch, Bubba clamps a hand over the mans mouth and nose, and injects the contents into his neck. The niny needle delivers its deadly fluid, leaving a mark only a careful autopsy would reveal. Moving through the camp, he continues this seemingly random pattern, leaving some alive and snoring happily away, while dispatching others who often lay right beside them.

Finally approaching the man at the fire, Bubba takes position behind him, carefull to always stay within the shadows cast by the brutes sleeping body. Assuring he has not yet been discovered, he reaches around the mans head. Just as before he quiets the man as he injects the syrum into his neck, after a few brief moments when the deadly toxin has rushed to the mans brain and first paralyzes the body, then ends the mans nervous functions forever. Feeling the life leave from the man, Bubba grimaces in disgust at his next move. He knows that the psychological effects on the encampment will shake the gangs members to their core, but that doesnt make him hate this task any less. He takes a sharpened spoon from his pouch, and swiftly removes the mans eyes from their sockets. On the way out he will lay them on some unfortunate mans lap, to be discovered upon waking. Stealthily retreating back the way he came, Bubba reaches the cliff, then circles around to the second guard. Bubba had chosen to avoid the third sentry at the front position of the camp. He wanted one left alive just to cause more mystery and confusion among the gang. Reaching the second guard on the right flank he removes the final syringe. This is loaded with only the paralytic compound, and lacks the lethal ingredient.
As the mans body looses all ability to consciously function, Bubba swiftly runs his blade around the mans skull. Pulling steadily at the mans hair, he peels the scalp from his head. The mans blood runs over his face and neck and within seconds he is covered in his own blood.

Swiftly turning on his moccasin clad feet, he retreats to the cliff, leaving no sign of human tracks on the dirt. Knowing that the man will begin to recover from the effects of the drug any moment, and no doubt begin screaming at the pain and horror of loosing his scalp before passing out from blood loss, Bubba swiftly rapels down the cliff and gathers his gear behind him. He is happy to see that all of his men have returned from their similar objectives.

He whispers quietly, "we'd better scoot. Them boys are about to wake up to a nightmare any second"

As the men leave the area they hear a blood curdling scream from the clifftop encampment.

The men that were left alive become suddenly alert as the terrifying scream jolts them awake. Coming out of the bushes is a vision many of them had only seen in their darkest night terrors. His white skull gleaming in the moonlight, and bright red blood covering every inch of his face and shirt, the sentry runs, stumbling toward the campfire. His weakening body slams into the eyeless corpse and he topples into the coals. The embers suddenly catch flame on his pants, casting vivid shadows all around the camp as the fires light brings the scene into focus. The bald tattooed brute lies on his back, arms outstretched, his empty sockets staring into the night sky. As the gang members rouse in confusion and chaos, they begin finding their fellow thugs, who have been left with bright red slashes in their necks, their lifes blood drained into the sand. Others are found who show no sign of what has stolen their lives from them, except their cold pale lifeless bodies lying where they slept. Some sit rocking back and forth in shock, surrounded by their dead, men who moments before had been visited by an unknown death within mere inches of the sleeping survivors.

With a grin one of the SEAL teamates looks at Bubba, his native Indian features unmistakable even under the camouflage paint. He leans his head back and cuts loose with a scream that sounds so close to the genuine cry of a panther in full attack that it sends shivers up and down Bubbas spine.

Back at camp, the SEAL team listens to the incoming intell as the surveillance floods the airwaves. Men are heard giving reports with haunting sobs as they describe soulless beasts that kill leaving no trace. Reports of terrified men running off into the night moaning about ghosts and spirits that steal mens eyes and tongues are heard. The men look at each other in satisfaction of a gruesome job well done. They know that it will be a long time before the gangs fighting men get any restfull sleep. The rumors and speculations will likely spread, and keep the gang on the very ragged edge of their frazzled and disturbed minds.

"Well boys..." Bubba says quietly. "they done terrorized the innocent folks of this country long enough. it's about time they saw what real fear was like themselves. Rest up men, the real fightin starts soon. we get ta corner that scumbag that slipped his noose last time. I recon that with the other forces invloved and the net they got around the town, he aint gettin out of it this time."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I sometimes include humor in my RPs. But so does reality inject humor in serious situations.

sometimes I may even use OOC humor in an IC way. Like the followig RP...
Someone was number spamming in an international Air Show thread, and the OP had to call them on it. He and I had been talking about it via TG.
So I wrote this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ground shook underneath the building as the massive army of four hundred million redneck special forces marched in unison. Their pounding feet rattled the steel and glass windows with each step as their western styled combat boots impacted the tarmac beneath the airshow. Their bulletproof cowboy hats were tilted in the required angle, and their dinnerplate sized belt buckles reflected the suns light in a dazzling glimmer. With a shout that caused the windows to shatter all over the building, the battlecry ripped through the terrified observers, causing nation leaders to curl up into fetal positions in terror. "GIT-R-DUN" they bellowed through lips packed with Skoal, mint flavored dip. "GIT-R-D

Bubba snaps awake as Erika jabs him with a sharp elbow. He looks around in relief, "Now where in the wild world of fruit loops did I come up with a dang goofytard dream like that?" He muttered to no one in particular

"Bubba would you wake up!" Erika exclaims in exasperation. "I declare you could sleep through a tornado in a trailerpark!"

Bubba looks out the window of the big armored luxury rig, seeing the fifty inch wheels rolling smothly over the cement of the facilities parking area.

"Yep, a feller learns to catch a little shut eye any time he can, cause ya never know when it might be hard to come by." He says to his Niece with a grin.
"Looks like we is here though darlin, so thanks fer wakin me up, that sure was a wierd dream I was havin. "If I ever let the country git that crazy, you wrap me up in one o them white jackets that'll make me hug myself and toss me in a cell with soft pillers stuck to the walls now ya hear?" He says to Erika, as if she could possibly know what he had been dreaming.

Minutes later they enter the building to join the others. Bubba speaks and the ear implants microphone transmits the data to the com center in the armored APC they arrived in. "Alright boys, Git-r-dun" He says before he can stop himself, then shakes his head in attempts to clear the dream from his mind forever.

From outside the building a clatter arises as a tiny biplane comes wobbling into view. Its fabric coverd wooden wings stretched out gathering every bit of loft their antiquated design can manage. The modified lawnmower engine splutters and backfires as the biplane flies low over the airshows grounds. The pilot can be seen clearly fighting the controls, big round goggles strapped over his eyes make them look larger than life as he maneuvers the biplane desperately. Looking as if it will slip sideways and crash into the ground he jerks the controls and sends the plane into a sharp climb. As the biplane reaches a decent height, the engine backfires and the little aircraft plummets lazily back to the earth like a lame duck.

The pilot reaches down, adjusts the choke on the engine, and suddenly it roars to life. With all sign of its struggling efforts now gone, the modified, high performance racing engine that started life as a commercial lawnmower, thrusts the little biplane forward in a burst of speed. All signs of a struggling flight dissapear as the master pilot takes the little plane through it's paces. The small wingspan and short body quickly reveals ithe method to it's madness as the plane zips through tight barrelrolls, loops, and all manner of areal acrobatics. Leveling out over an olympic sized swimming pool near the buildings recreational area, the pilot flips the plane upside down then slows its speed drastically. It almost seems to hover in the air as its light weight frame gently cruises along.

The pilot reaches for the cover of the hidden computer driven control panel and switches the biplane to autopilot, then unclasps his flight harness, drops from the planes cockpit, and does a perfect swandive into the swimming pool. The autopilot gently flips the plane back into it's upright position and the drone operator in the APCs flight control center takes over to circle the stunt plane and then brings it in for a landing.

Stepping up beside Prince Fritz who had aparently just arrived not long before, Bubba offers his hand and says quietly so no one else can hear, "Long time no see ya mangy raskal! Ya got a daggum nice place here ol son, I'm right impressed I must admit. I hope ever'thang is well wtih you and your'n?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is a bit of humor in a relaxed diplomatic setting not realistic?
Was that to satirical?
Or this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep inside a naturally formed cave along the islands ragged cliff border, a small band of native tribesmen gather for their annual ritual of legends.

The tall tales of the mysterious island that breaths have been handed down for generations. The stories have begun to spread to other tiny bands of natives that can still be found roaming the beaches and forests of the nearby mainlands.

"Before the rednecks came" goes one legend. "The island spirit was restless. The island spirit consumed all living men who dared step upon his face. Then the rednecks came. The island spirit was given rest. The island spirit looked into the souls of the rednecks. It saw no fear. The rednecks lived in harmony with the Island, now the Island spirit sleeps."

Despite Bubbas attempts to assure them, the natives cannot be convinced. They still insist he speaks with the island. Bubba became so exasperated with their near worship of him, that he threatened to pass a law making it illegal.
He was fully aware that the natives had never been forced to participate in the nations laws. And wasnt even sure if he could begin to enforce such a law. But seeing his displeasure the natives relented. Satisfied just to serve as the islands, and the rednecks, informal surveilance and security system.

Bubba surrendered to this as well. He liked the "little injuns", as he had begun to call them. He just had to make sure he was carefull around them.

Bubba still remembered the first time he'd encountered the tribe.

Bubba lay completely motionless as he waited for the wild beast to pass. "When will I learn to stop makin foolish bets with these idiots?" He wondered. He didnt know exactly where his former navy SEAL team members were at the moment. But he dang well knew one thing was certain. They weren't laying here in the skeeter infested swamp mud, with a cotton mouth water moccasin slithering up their back. They weren't trying to decide if they'd get bit by the viper, or get eaten by the dadgum panther that just crept by either!

All this foolishness just to prove he could catch and kill a wild boar with nothing but his knife!

Hearing the faint whisper of movement nearby him, Bubba figured the panther had caught wind of him and circled back to have himself a redneck sammich. He knew he had to move if he wanted to live long enough to get that confounded wild pig before dark. Feeling the snake slither over his shoulder, Bubba jerked his head aside and with a lightening fast snap of his jaws he clamped his teeth down on the snakes body right behind the head. Biting down with all he was worth, he launched his body into the air with a mighty heave. Twisting his torso to face the panthers charge his eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw that the panther was not a panther at all!

The look of terror on the natives face quickly gave way to that of reverence from a man who has seen a spirit take human form right before his very eyes.
The native chieftan had been using every ounce of skill he possesed to escape the attention of the giant panther that had been stalking him for hours. He had heard the great beasts movements in this area just moments before.

Now suddenly the island spirit had chosen to reveal itself to him in the form of a man springing forth from the earth! And not just any man, no! The spirit had chosen the form of a man with green and brown skin. Its face perfectly matched the jungle colors, and clenched in its teeth was the dying body of the dreaded serpent that had taken so many of his peoples lives! The chieftans wonder grew as he heard the cry of the great cat as it ran off into the jungle, obviously in fear of the island spirit. Falling to his knees the chieftan bowed before the spirit with the green face.

Bubba thought he'd done fell and hit his head when a real live injun, straight out of national geographic was standing there in front of him! Then the panther cut loose with that howl of his, and Bubba figured he'd no doubt have to change his britches when he got back to camp.

He finally started putting the puzzle together after the native dropped to the ground mumbling something about an Island spirit with green skin. Bubba recalled stories of how Vietnamese soldiers refered to Navy SEALs as "the men with green faces" many years back when his predecessors earned the respect and fear of the enemy in that long ago time and place.

...and thus began the struggle to convince the native folks that I am a regular ol flesh and blood man just like them." Bubba thought, snapping out of his memories. He chuckled at the memory of the tribes astonishment when he whiped the camo face paint off with a rag and water from his canteen.

Inside the cave the tribesman begin their traditional story telling. Visiting tribal elders sit eager to hear the tales of the "Rednecks" and their strange relationship with the island. They will go back to share the legends of how the foreign but fun loving people live along side their native friends in peace, dispite their connection to the Island spirit.

Eyes will widen as the stories of their cities are told. Gasps of amazement will be uttered when the tales of magic lights that glow with no fire, and no wires. Lights that hold the very power of the sun by day, and release it in brilliant light by night.

When the days stories come to an end, tiny hand carved canoes can be seen skittering over the waters as the native tribesmen go back to their nomadic homes.
Last edited by Bubba Reb on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bubba Rebs sock drawer

Winpheala
Attaché

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Winpheala » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:09 am

Mizuyuki wrote:
Winpheala wrote:I deeply apologise for the time it took for me to reply to this, but I'm afraid there's no way I can RP that due to my nation's current state. If you want however, I'm currently doing a P2TM RP and I'll link you my post when I've made one.

Yes, that should be good enough for us. Take all the time you need; we're not going anywhere in a hurry.

viewtopic.php?p=24368459#p24368459

North Defese
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:19 pm

I'm going to say aye to Bubba. He's willing to compromise with the region and has a creative nation. I for one am of the idea that a quirky micronation could be just what we need amidst the doom and gloom engulfing the place.
"One minute Defesian logic is all happy and joyish with some seriousness involved. Then suddenly you look into the context and notice a brutal, bloody wording.
And you're like 'Holy shit, Defese is terrifying.'" - Restored Belka
The Defesian National Anthem
Pro: good things :)
Con: bad things >:(

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:50 pm

I support Bubba for the same reasons as Defese.

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:30 pm

I have been thinking about it for a long time, and I have finally reached a decision.

I am in favor of Bubba, even though some of his stuff does seem a bit...well, funny. The fact that he has been consistent in terms of talking about his app and explaining his nation, and because he gets on IRC to talk about it, in a way that is very polite, really makes me want to welcome him to the region.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Aurinsula
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurinsula » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:45 pm

I say aye as well with the new numbers.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:57 am

Yes on Bubba

Lyncanestria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lyncanestria » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:59 am

Okay Bubba Reb, here is my verdict, copied from our regional RMB:
  • Right now, as your latest application currently stands, I am going for a nay.
  • It will change to an abstention once your figures are solidified to a couple thousand in population at maximum, given your current history, submitted with your latest application.
  • My ruling has the potential to become an aye if you were to completely rework your numbers and history to sufficiently:
      (a) reflect a more plausible timeframe for a working country propped from scratch to become sufficient;
      (b) provide a more realistic account for the population growth in his country apart from "Bubba had friends";
      (c) give an explanation on why any self-respecting nation would allow for privately-held property in their territory to secede because "they feel like it";
      (d) lower your IC stats as stated in the above bullet point;
      (e) consider the possibility of RPing with a different country name--I won't hold it against you, but I'll be more willing to support your application if you'd be open to the proposition of existing ICly under a country name that's not the same as their dictatorial leader, not even a deranged Hitler renamed Germany to Hitlerland.
: Vehicular accident kills 3, including Fleury CF striker :: Burgoyard seperatist demonstrations turn violent in Jugny :: After a term out of office, Mariard regains Premiership :: Emperor undertakes official visit to Vannois :: Baudelaire Systems unveil newest phone, the Astro 4 :: Moulins declares Caeseti regime "illegitimate" :

Bubba Reb
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bubba Reb » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:27 am

Lyncanestria wrote:Okay Bubba Reb, here is my verdict, copied from our regional RMB:
  • It will change to an abstention once your figures are solidified to a couple thousand in population at maximum, given your current history, submitted with your latest application.
  • My ruling has the potential to become an aye if you were to completely rework your numbers and history to sufficiently:
      (a) reflect a more plausible timeframe for a working country propped from scratch to become sufficient;
      (b) provide a more realistic account for the population growth in his country apart from "Bubba had friends";
      (c) give an explanation on why any self-respecting nation would allow for privately-held property in their territory to secede because "they feel like it";
      (e) consider the possibility of RPing with a different country name--I won't hold it against you, but I'll be more willing to support your application if you'd be open to the proposition of existing ICly under a country name that's not the same as their dictatorial leader, not even a deranged Hitler renamed Germany to Hitlerland.

So basically you are saying you expect me to create a new nation with a different history, different name, no more than 2000 population, and practically provide real life examples that mirror the nations founding, government, culture and story.

While I have adapted, reduced, complied, and compromised probably more than any applicant to the region has ever been willing to do.....

I hearby withdraw my application to Aeneas.

Thank you Defense for your warm welcome and support, for going above and beyond to try to help me make this happen.

To everyone else who spent the time to consult, and chat with me, and/or showed support for my acceptance, Thank you. You were a great help.

Perhaps in the future we can meet in RPs and write together. That would be nice.
Last edited by Bubba Reb on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba Rebs sock drawer

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:41 am

Bubba Reb wrote:
Lyncanestria wrote:Okay Bubba Reb, here is my verdict, copied from our regional RMB:

So basically you are saying you expect me to create a new nation with a different history, different name, no more than 2000 population, and practically provide real life examples that mirror the nations founding, government, culture and story.

While I have adapted, reduced, complied, and compromised probably more than any applicant to the region has ever been willing to do.....

Thank you Defense for your warm welcome and support, for going above and beyond to try to help me make this happen.

To everyone else who spent the time to consult, and chat with me, and/or showed support for my acceptance, Thank you. You were a great help.

Perhaps in the future we can meet in RPs and write together. That would be nice.

Withdrawing your application because of one guy being opposed seems a bit brash, don't you think? You seem to have the support of the vast majority of people in the region, and for me that is enough.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Nasiristan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasiristan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:49 am

Ghant wrote:
Bubba Reb wrote:

Withdrawing your application because of one guy being opposed seems a bit brash, don't you think? You seem to have the support of the vast majority of people in the region, and for me that is enough.

It's more than one guy.

Otulia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Otulia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:59 am

Two. Nonetheless, it's an overwhelming majority, at least two-thirds in favor, if not more.

I say we allow Bubba Reb in.
N/A

"If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
Basically, a medium-sized country of 81 million with dozens of different sapient beings trying to figure out how to live with each other, including dragons, ponies, humans, and changelings. Also, very liberal, laid-back, and mildly militarist in terms of foreign military intervention.

Lyncanestria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lyncanestria » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:09 am

Bubba Reb wrote:So basically you are saying you expect me to create a new nation with a different history, different name, no more than 2000 population, and practically provide real life examples that mirror the nations founding, government, culture and story.

Your nation's uniqueness is a valuable asset that is prompting many people to eagerly support your application, regardless of its flaws. I was willing—until you withdrew—to give you the option of tweaking your stats to suit an adequate level of realism. There is no need to gripe at my fussiness with the subject, but claiming that a 16-to-31 year-old nation propped from scratch on an island led by a dictator has magically jumped to 10 million people in population has past the point of fantasy and gone into near absurdity, pardon my bluntness. Unless you can show me a proven example in real life or give a hell of a good explanation that was not going to change in the slightest. This region is based on realism not just a thirst for uniqueness and I feel that some are forgetting that.

Bubba Reb wrote:While I have adapted, reduced, complied, and compromised probably more than any applicant to the region has ever been willing to do.....

I applaud you for having reduced your numbers, but as I mentioned before, the history you're providing would not allow for that population of 10,000,000 people. Now unless you proposed something different elsewhere like the IRC that was not posted to this applications thread that serves realism to the effect described above, then I would've been willing to give you my vote.

Bubba Reb wrote:I hearby hereby withdraw my application to Aeneas.

Like Ghant said above, I am one person; my objections can be overruled and I find it unfortunate that you deny my fellow regionmates the benefit of the doubt that they give you because you see my opinions as writing on the wall. In any case, I explicitly mentioned by concerns—all of which tie to realism and practicality in figures, mostly; the suggested tweaks to your own history are simply a suggestions that, if taken, would have allowed you more freedom with your numbers.

Bubba Reb wrote:Thank you Defense Defese for your warm welcome and support, for going above and beyond to try to help me make this happen.

I would look forward to that because in all honesty, apart from the occasional mechanical errors, which I know you would've worked to correct, I found your RPing style to have had the possibility of being a good contribution.

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:17 am

Otulia wrote:Two. Nonetheless, it's an overwhelming majority, at least two-thirds in favor, if not more.

I say we allow Bubba Reb in.

2 guys out of 30+ opposed. In light of that, let him in.

The consensus system is impractical considering the sheer number of people in the region, and there will never be consensus again. I denounce the system, and by virtue of the number of approvals / abstentions in relation to the number of nays, I say he is in.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads