NATION

PASSWORD

Atlas Region Sign-Up (OPEN)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Orion UF
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Orion UF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:27 am

OFFICIAL REQUEST OF MIGRATION TO ATLAS
A request made to the Founder, Executive President and Minister of Recruitment to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas

General National Information

Formal Nation Name: United Federation of Orion
National Demonym: Orionan
Nation Population: 123,585,141

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: The climate is similar to southern Cascadia and the northeast of the United States, geography is fairly similar to southern Cascadia and the northeast of the United States.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Orion is a melting pot mainly composed of American, British, Irish, and Norwegian culture. Jewish and German culture is involved in the melting pot, and many other cultures are also involved in the melting pot due to relaxed immigration standards. Ethnicities vary, and the vast majority of Orionans have more than a few ethnicities in their family tree.

Please give a brief description of your national history: Orion was founded in the 1820s by what I'm imagining to be a group of settlers. The present system was introduced in the early 1830s, and Orion had a period of high population growth and immigration from around 1870 to 1940. I'm imagining Orion was more or less neutral in the Great Wars, though in the Second Great War it might have had limited participation and could have sent an expeditionary force during the middle of the war. The current government was elected in 2013. Orion could have had a few border skirmishes or problems with its neighbours depending on where it is located, though I have a fairly good idea of where I would like to locate Orion.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Federal District of Concert
What form of government does your nation have?: Federal constitutional directorial republic
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: Stephen Parsons, Benjamin Haynes, Alfred Barron, the three members of the Executive Council.
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: Centre-right, heavily anti-communist. This, this, and this additionally describe the political climate.

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): GDP is 4.9 trillion (government budget is 1.2 trillion), GDP per capita is 39,648
What is your nation’s economic system?: Free-market with elements of nationalisation for major sections of the economy and infrastructure. The government interferes to make sure that monopolies cannot arise, and the largest banks are broken up if they reach an alarming size. The U.S Progressive Party (1912) and New Nationalism should explain additional policies.
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): The economy is a relatively minor period of growth - it isn't growing much, but it's growing.
Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD: Orionan Dollar, 1

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 170,755 active, 100,000 reserve. I'm not quite exactly sure how to calculate how much of my population is eligible to participate in the armed forces, so I may require some help with that.
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: I'm going to take GDP here as 'budget' - the military budget is around 80 billion. 6.7% or so.
How would you describe your military’s technology?: The technology of the military is about as advanced as a modern European military, though some departments are more advanced and receive more funding than others.

Please list the branches of your military: Ground Forces of the United Federation, Aerial Forces of the United Federation, Maritime Forces of the United Federation, Cyberwarfare-Cyberdefence Forces of the United Federation
How many active personnel are in each branch?: 200,000 in the ground forces, 50,755 in the maritime forces, 20,000 in the aerial forces. Still figuring the personnel number of the Cyberwarfare-Cyberdefence force out.
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: Still figuring this out, I can get something done within the week.

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): Knorozov is perhaps a good example of some of my medium-effort roleplaying. I can roleplay with better standards than that where required or wanted.
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

OOC & Offsite Information

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: alternate
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: I'm on NS for quite a lot of the time, and if I'm not on at one time I'll likely be on within the next hour and a half or so. I spend a good portion of time on this account.
Please describe your moderation history: I was forumbanned for two weeks by the mods for posting in a satire thread and managing a joke campaign earlier that week - I was warned for the joke campaign beforehand, and I wasn't really involved in the satire thread (guilty by association), so I don't really get why it happened.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Not yet.
If so, what is the link?: (This is so you can be added to the region’s wiki)

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: An anti-communist liberal democracy interested in the stability of itself and the destruction of communism both within the nearby region and worldwide, as well as a major contributor to scientific efforts.

By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. You further agree to provide a RP sample based on a prompt if necessary.

I'm willing to reduce all statistics if necessary.
The United Federation of Orion & Her Territories

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:08 am

Orion UF wrote:
A request made to the Founder, Executive President and Minister of Recruitment to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas

Formal Nation Name: United Federation of Orion
National Demonym: Orionan
Nation Population: 123,585,141

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: The climate is similar to southern Cascadia and the northeast of the United States, geography is fairly similar to southern Cascadia and the northeast of the United States.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Orion is a melting pot mainly composed of American, British, Irish, and Norwegian culture. Jewish and German culture is involved in the melting pot, and many other cultures are also involved in the melting pot due to relaxed immigration standards. Ethnicities vary, and the vast majority of Orionans have more than a few ethnicities in their family tree.

Please give a brief description of your national history: Orion was founded in the 1820s by what I'm imagining to be a group of settlers. The present system was introduced in the early 1830s, and Orion had a period of high population growth and immigration from around 1870 to 1940. I'm imagining Orion was more or less neutral in the Great Wars, though in the Second Great War it might have had limited participation and could have sent an expeditionary force during the middle of the war. The current government was elected in 2013. Orion could have had a few border skirmishes or problems with its neighbours depending on where it is located, though I have a fairly good idea of where I would like to locate Orion.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Federal District of Concert
What form of government does your nation have?: Federal constitutional directorial republic
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: Stephen Parsons, Benjamin Haynes, Alfred Barron, the three members of the Executive Council.
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: Centre-right, heavily anti-communist. This, this, and this additionally describe the political climate.

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): GDP is 4.9 trillion (government budget is 1.2 trillion), GDP per capita is 39,648
What is your nation’s economic system?: Free-market with elements of nationalisation for major sections of the economy and infrastructure. The government interferes to make sure that monopolies cannot arise, and the largest banks are broken up if they reach an alarming size. The U.S Progressive Party (1912) and New Nationalism should explain additional policies.
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): The economy is a relatively minor period of growth - it isn't growing much, but it's growing.
Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD: Orionan Dollar, 1

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 170,755 active, 100,000 reserve. I'm not quite exactly sure how to calculate how much of my population is eligible to participate in the armed forces, so I may require some help with that.
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: I'm going to take GDP here as 'budget' - the military budget is around 80 billion. 6.7% or so.
How would you describe your military’s technology?: The technology of the military is about as advanced as a modern European military, though some departments are more advanced and receive more funding than others.

Please list the branches of your military: Ground Forces of the United Federation, Aerial Forces of the United Federation, Maritime Forces of the United Federation, Cyberwarfare-Cyberdefence Forces of the United Federation
How many active personnel are in each branch?: 200,000 in the ground forces, 50,755 in the maritime forces, 20,000 in the aerial forces. Still figuring the personnel number of the Cyberwarfare-Cyberdefence force out.
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: Still figuring this out, I can get something done within the week.

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): Knorozov is perhaps a good example of some of my medium-effort roleplaying. I can roleplay with better standards than that where required or wanted.
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: alternate
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: I'm on NS for quite a lot of the time, and if I'm not on at one time I'll likely be on within the next hour and a half or so. I spend a good portion of time on this account.
Please describe your moderation history: I was forumbanned for two weeks by the mods for posting in a satire thread and managing a joke campaign earlier that week - I was warned for the joke campaign beforehand, and I wasn't really involved in the satire thread (guilty by association), so I don't really get why it happened.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Not yet.

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: An anti-communist liberal democracy interested in the stability of itself and the destruction of communism both within the nearby region and worldwide, as well as a major contributor to scientific efforts.

By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. You further agree to provide a RP sample based on a prompt if necessary.

I'm willing to reduce all statistics if necessary.

Your population may need decreasing a bit.
Also, could you please give me a link to what you consider to be your best piece of rp?
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Orion UF
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Orion UF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:15 am

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=383586&p=29310348&sid=51cfb0236e51828c112f7748815b94f4#p29310348 - that's the post I would consider best, but again, I'd say it's only really medium-effort. I can put more effort into a post.

Would 83,585,141 work?
Last edited by Orion UF on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The United Federation of Orion & Her Territories

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:50 am

Formal Nation Name: The Kingdom of Saintland [West Saintland] and The Holy Kingdom of Saintland [East Saintland]
National Demonym: Sanctii
Nation Population: around 600,000 (350,000 in the west, 250,000 in the east)

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: Saintland is an island nation around the size of RL Iceland located near the north pole. As such, the climate is very cold in the winter and still relatively cold in the summer. Snow is a frequent occurrence, covering the landscape for months every year.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Most Sanctii are pale-skinned with blonde hair and are considered conventionally attractive. They look quite a bit like RL Scandinavians. Culturally, Saintland is Christian and both Saintlands have an established Latin-rite Church known as the Church of Saintland, though both Churches regard the other as heretics. Of the two, the eastern Church, which is officially called the Fundamentalist True Church of Iesus Christus, is the more traditional while the western Church, officially the True Church of Iesus Christus, has modernized somewhat in recent years. While most Sanctii women still cover their heads, even in the West, doing so is mandatory under the laws of the East. Both Saintlands also share an obsession with sports and have extremely large numbers of world-class athletes, on a per-capita basis, though the East retains the traditional prohibition against competitive women's sports while the West fields mixed-gender sports teams at the international level.

Please give a brief description of your national history: Saintland was founded in medieval times by a faction that broke away from the then-unified Christian Church over a Christological dispute. Regarded as heretics in their homeland (now part of the Free Republics), they fled to the north, eventually landing on Saintland and forming a new society there. Sanctii spies regularly visited their ancestral homeland for centuries, bringing back knowledge of new inventions to keep Saintland technologically current but otherwise they avoided notice until the past few hundred years. Until the past few years, Saintland had never fought a war and had never had any disputes whatsoever over the succession, but that has changed in recent years. King Paulus XV, as part of an effort to spread the Church of Saintland to other lands, sought to increase Saintland's international profile, largely through international sports competition. While the effort succeeded to a large extent, King Paulus XV was killed by an assassin while watching the championship game of World Bowl XXII in the Free Republics. After his death, King Petrus XX became King of Saintland and sought to modernize Saintland. This met opposition from the Patriarch of St. Petrus, Nicolaus V, and from the King's younger brother Andreas. Eventually, while King Petrus was out of the kingdom competing in a World Bowl, Patriarch Nicolaus declared him a heretic and declared Andreas the true King of Saintland. After the attempts of Andreas and his allies to conquer the world failed, he was forcibly removed as King by an occupying army and Petrus restored. However, recently the Free Republics decided to invade Saintland to restore Andreas to the throne as their puppet while almost every significant individual in the Sanctii government was out of the Kingdom. Gregoryisgodistani troops came to the defend of Saintland in a war that ended in a stalemate, with a border between the two rival Saintlands being drawn right down the middle of St. Paulus, the largest city in Saintland.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: St. Petrus (de jure for both East and West and de facto for West), St. Augustinus (de facto for East)
What form of government does your nation have?: Monarchy (constitutional with an elected Parliament in the West, absolute in the East)
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: King Petrus XX (King of the West), Prime Minister Andreas Tuccius (Prime Minister of the West), King Andreas (King of the East)
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: Currently very chaotic. The Kings of the two Saintlands, each of which claims to be the sole legitimate government of all of Saintland, are brothers. Petrus is the legitimate King based on the succession, but the East claims that Andreas is the only one of the sons of King Paulus XV who hasn't fallen in heresy and thus the sole member of the family eligible to be King.

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): 7.2 billion USD or roughly 12,000 USD per capita (and actually about the same in both East and West).
What is your nation’s economic system?: Distributism, though with much of the wealth concentrated in the Royal Family and the Church
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): growing, in both East and West
[b]Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD:
Denarius, convertible at whatever the current price of an ounce of gold is

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 22 thousand (roughly 13 thousand in the East, 9 thousand in the West)
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 4% (West), 6% (East)
How would you describe your military’s technology?: Mostly modern, with some legacy technology mixed in.

Please list the branches of your military: Royal Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, Customs (the names are the same in both Saintlands)
How many active personnel are in each branch?: Of the branches, the Army is the lowest priority and the Navy is the highest.
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: (if not possible, state the numbers and types of vehicles each branch possesses) 8 SUVs (West Sanctii Army), 4 SUVs (East Sanctii Army), 20 ships (West Sanctii Navy), 15 ships (East Sanctii Navy), 3 fighter planes and a bomber (West Sanctii Air Force), 2 fighter planes (East Sanctii Air Force). Where needed, the military shares resources with local police.

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted):
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP: Recent Example 1 Recent Example 2
P2TM RP:

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: Main
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: It varies, but I probably spend more time on NS than any other regular NS Sports RPer.
Please describe your moderation history: None that I know of

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution)

Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Both new applicants are accepted. Password is incoming.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Gorospi Maridelya
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gorospi Maridelya » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:12 pm

Formal Nation Name: The Kingdom of Gorospi Maridelya
National Demonym*s: "'Maridel' as a noun and adjective and 'Maridels' as plural."
Nation Population: "Estimated population: 4,991,000
'According to the Ministry of National Statistics, Office of Estimation;'
"Recorded population: 4,951,245
'According to the Ministry of National Statistics, Office of Counting.'"

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: Depending on whatever country I will neighbour in this region.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Depending on my historical circumstances and ramifications that made it possible, once I have made canonical foundations in the form of a layout.

Please give a brief description of your national history: The Kingdom of Gorospi Maridelya was conceived and created by a banished noble who was then expelled by his Christian church. (To be based on a neighboring country or any country in the region) Along with his people and wealth, he began his fortune to develop and prosper his new home. The Kingdom endured most advancement as centuries went by through times when there was supposed to be enlightenment, industrialization, and globalization. As the world have gone a thousand steps forward, the Kingdom made not as nearly as half as those steps have gone.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: The Crown State of Arkdem
What form of government does your nation have?: "Monarchy
'According to uncodified yet defined convention of most sovereign states.'"
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: Head of State - "His Exalted Majesty King Ato IV the Most Innocent;" Head of Government - "Her Eminence the Bishop of the Maridelyan Crown, the Countess Kriann of Cross Dreed."
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: "Crumbling stability as the hammer of inevitable modern times break down the wall of tradition, controlled tolerance, and conformities."

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): USD (Universal Standard Dollar) $9,672.11
What is your nation’s economic system?: Controlled market
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): Stagnant
Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD: The Royal Coin Note

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 3,431
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 12.6%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: To be determined.

Please list the branches of your military: His Majesty's Defence Forces, (HMDF) His Majesty's Air Guard, (HMAG) and His Majesty's Coastal Guard. (HMCG)
How many active personnel are in each branch?: 65% of the 1% of the eligible population to the HMDF, 10% to the HMAG, and 25% to the HMCG.
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: To be determined.

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): News post.
Diplomatic RP: Not available.
Military RP: Not available.
Sports RP: Not available.
P2TM RP: Not available.

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: Puppet
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: Less than half a year.
Please describe your moderation history: None so far.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No, I have a factbook though and I am planning to have less than a dozen within this week.

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: ICly, a geopolitical nuisance in the figurative form of a harmless prick. OOCly, just somebody who'd like to help and have fun.

Last edited by Gorospi Maridelya on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Crevane
Lobbyist

Founded: May 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Application

Postby Crevane » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Formal Nation Name: Crevane
National Demonym: Crevanean
Nation Population: 34 million. <= Number is flexible if too large.

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography:
A large mountain range goes right through the nation, on one side of the range are lush fields and grasslands and the ocean.
On the other side is a large jungle and hundreds of rivers. The southern mountain range is sharp, cold, and steep. The mountains of the north and midlands are just as tall but rounded, warm, and humid.
Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture:
The people of Crevane are Native American and speak English and Quechua. Houses in Crevane are colonial Spanish, not many buildings are over 5 stories tall. What does stand out are the
large ancient pyramids that scatter around the bigger Crevanean cities. People eat fish and raze some of the greatest lamb in the world, wine is common and cows cheese is also made. Beer is the country's national past time. Westernization is seen in the clothing and modern architecture, aswell as the legal and judicial system.
Please give a brief description of your national history: Crevane is an ancient empire, dating back 3,000 years ago with the 12 city states of Desik, Asrin, Kemu, Yune, Tanka,
Nolla, Maqiko, Achni, Palcas, Chacajes, Lanuche and Gurijes. The 12 states were all alone in there world, with a thick jungle and an ocean isolating them from the world. The twelve states had nothing to do but contend to there own people and communicate with the other nations, as they did, all twelve cultures from the different nations intertwined into the known Crevane culture. The twelve states lived in peace for 1400 years, then the most powerful city state, the Achni, invaded the Lanuche. This caused the twelve states to divide into 2 camps, the Achni side and the Lanuche side. A large war commenced, with the states of Nolla and Yune disappearing and all the other states becoming weakened. The Desik and Asrin, however, kept most of their armies in hiding, waiting for the other states to weaken. Both states started a new campaign, taking over the other 8 states with ease. The Desik and Asrin were the only two nations left in there part of the known world. War never broke out between the two nations however. Both nations knew that a war would push the already famished and unstable lands over the edge and lead to civil war. So instead Desik and Asrin married their royal families together and became two friendly nations. after 800 years of this peaceful union,the Asrin and Desik royal lineage was so close that when the Desikan King died without an heir, the closest heir was the prince of Asrin. The king of Asrin put his son on the throne and proclaimed him the prince of Desik and Asrin. When the king died the prince united the two kingdoms into the country Crevane. 200 years later and the western explorers discovered the Crevanean Empire and tried to conquer it and still its great wealth. The crevaneans felt the affect of the westerners and many died from disease, others from the sword. But so did the western explorers. The remaining Crevaneans went into the mountains with all the wealth of the nation and lured the westerners into the mountains to find them.When war parties went in, they were ambushed by Crevanean warriors and were killed and their bodies looted. The Crevaneans used the better weapons and leaned how to ride horses. Soon they ready to strike back. thousands of Crevaneans charged out of the mountains and fought the small armies that the foreign nation garrisoned in the Crevanean cities. They ran the invaders out and were victorious in protecting their lands. The explorers and invaders also left behind western technology and and few scholars learning the language of Crevane. The scholars were forced to teach Crevanean intellectuals western technology. Out of Crevanes westernization the modern country was formed.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Asrin
What form of government does your nation have?: A parliamentary constitutional monarchy.
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: Emperor Quescan, Prime Minister Osco Yipaq.
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: Capitalist economic policies, National Health Service, Progressive Social Policy.
Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): GDP is 1.46 trillion Oskans and GDP per capita is around 43,000 Oskans
What is your nation’s economic system?: On a scale of 0 to 100, with 0 being complete communism and state planned, and 100 being anarchic capitalism, our nation is at 60
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): 2% GDP Growth annually.

The Oskan is simply worth 1 USD (No need to make things complicated)
Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 174,000 active, 1.6 million reserve.
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 2.1%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: Brazil's technology from the 1980s to 2016 with some nato technology in that 36 year stretch.
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: (if not possible, state the numbers and types of vehicles each branch possesses)
10% goes to military
30,702,000,000 oskans is the military budget
Need 8.78172 billion extra oskans for procurement, taken from the infrastructure budget but will be made up for next year. Giving infrastructure 9 billion oskans next year.
Emperor's Royal Army (ERA) is made up of 164,000 men.
Emperor's Royal Air Force (ERAF) is made up of 10,000 men.
Spending 15 billion in procurement of 580 AH-1Z vipers (anti armor) and 20 chinooks (for special forces operations)
Spending 3 billion in procurement of 200 Pantsir-s1 (anti-air)
Spending 256 million in procurement of 12,000 msg90 and 12,000 tavor x95 (special forces)
Spending 66 million in procurement of 60,000 mossberg 590 and 60,000 barreta m12 (Jungle Forces)
Spending 104 million in procurement of 80,000 m4 and 80,000 glock 17 (Conventional Army)
Spending 152 million in procurement of 800,000 mk2 grenades (For all three units)
Spending 15.2 million on pasgt helmets (For all three units)
Spending 68 million on IOTV gen 3 body armor (For all three units)
Spending 72 million on infrared monoculars (For Spec Ops and Jungle Forces)
Spending 92 million on night vision binoculars (For Spec Ops and Conventional Army)
Spending 15.2 million on boots (For all three units)
Spending 20 million on clothing (For all three units)
Spending 8 million on gloves (For all three units)
Spending 5.32 million on medical kits (For all three units)
Spending 10 billion in procurement of 2,000 VBTP-MR Guarani
Spending 3 billion in procurement of 100 ASTROS II and rocket supply trucks and radar trucks
Spending 1.5 billion in procurement of 200 PZH-2000 and supply trucks
Spending 400 million in 2,000 anti tank rocket launchers (ALAC)
Spending 300 million in procurement of 300 L118 artillery
Spending 30 million in procurement of Mercedes Benz axor trucks for towing
Spending 80 million in procurement of various jeeps
Spending 100 million in procurement of various engineering vehicles
Spending 1 billion in procurement of 366 BrahMos anti ship missiles
Spending 300 million in procurement of 100 mark-50 anti submarine torpedo
Spending 3 billion in a creation of a radar array at REDACTED

Spending 1.6 billion in fuel each year
Spending 300 million in electricity each year

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted):
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: Main
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: 8 times a day for 30 minute stretches
Please describe your moderation history: None
Do you have an IIWiki page?: Nope

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution)Become a regional power, keep to myself but create a tight circle of friendly regions, help in large coalitions against the bad guy just for namesake. OOC I hope to be active and in return be in an active community. Eventually run for office as you do, become a pillar in the community.

Yes I do
Last edited by Crevane on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:16 am

Crevane:
Your stats are good, however I will have to give you an rp prompt to complete in order to judge your ability.

Gorospi Maridelya: Your stats are fine, however for canon-building purposes it would help if you could offer some more detail regarding your nation. You will also have to complete an RP prompt.

Both applicants, please select a prompt from the list below.
1. You are rping the head of a large bank, which is currently experiencing severe financial difficulties. Marco Celiun, a notorious drug lord in failing health and with no surviving relatives, knows this. He has offered to make yur company the sole benifitiary of his enormous fortune: more than enough to save it. However, as a condition of this promise, you will be required to aggressively lobby your nations government dor drug legalisation. Please rp your thought process, and your communication to Mr. Celium.
2. The notorious 'great martyrs army of the silver-winged God' have captured the King/President. You must rp your nations attempts to get him/her back.
3. It's world cup time, and your nation has swept all before it in qualifying. Things were looking up when you read the news: you have been drawn against Coraspia in the first knockout round. As your players are aware, Coraspia is an undefeated team and is, quite frankly, amazing. RP your players and choaches preparation, and the game itself. (you may even win!)

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:54 pm

Crevane has submitted their completed prompt via tg and is accepted. Password incoming.

Airlann and Alba
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Airlann and Alba » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:15 am

Been working on this baby for two days, whew

Formal Nation Name: The United Kingdoms of Airlann and Alba
National Demonym: Airic and Albanese (separately used), Ilic/Ailic (native of the Isles)
Nation Population: 7,216,920

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: The country is composed of two major islands, and many smaller surrounding islands. The islands have the same general climate of Ireland and Scotland, with the minor islands in the northeast having the same climate of the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. The larger island has many lakes, whereas the smaller island has noticeably fewer lakes. The larger island is called Alba, and the smaller island is called Airlann. Alba has most of the population of the country, with about 5 million citizens residing in it. Airlann only has just over 2 million. The two islands have largely been stripped of heavy vegetation, barring some forests within the interior of Alba, although the country is beautiful in almost all regards.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: The country is inhabited by a dominant majority of Celtic/Gaelic peoples, with very few non-native residents except in the two major cities, Castlebay and Inverness. There is no national religion, but a majority of the country is Catholic, with some pagan hotspots throughout. Holidays are celebrated according to the seasons, the moon and its phases, along with the normal Catholic tradition.

Please give a brief description of your national history: The country was lightly populated in ancient times, with extinctions of the human population happening frequently due to lack of stable reproduction rates, which explain the strong connection between mainland populations as a more recent colonization would explain. The first stable settlement traces back to 600 A.D. in Alba. The inhabitants of the islands grew in number, with a theorized milestone of a hundred thousand people in 900 A.D. A kingdom was established in 800 A.D. which grew to encompass nearly all of Alba, only to be rivaled by another one that was established in 850. Airlann established their own kingdom, dominating their island. By 1300 A.D., supreme dominance and sovereignty of the Airic and Albanese kingdoms was achieved on their respective islands. For four hundred years onward, the two kingdoms engaged in many battles, forming the Great War. This war was perpetuated by petty feuds between the ruling royal families and the clans that faced off from across coasts. Despite Alba's large population, the Airic kingdom was able to achieve superior technology in which to fend them off with. In 1750 A.D., the two kingdoms were ruled by better monarchs, ones that were able to work out an agreement to unify their royalties by abdicating and declaring the Airic daughter and Albanese son Queen and King of the Isles. The move was largely resented by the islands, but as it became harder to discern which ruling family the current monarch belonged to, relations normalized. With the onset of the Industrial revolution, population boomed, and the monarchy became a thing of the past, dissipating in the national memory. The islands were not prepared for the industrialization that followed, and fell into squalor as it was exploited by neighboring countries. In 1880, the monarchy took center stage again and asserted the independence and sovereignty of the Isles, and worked out arrangements to fully prepare and bring the Isles into the modern age. Many reforms followed that brought the isles up to parity with other similar countries. (Modern history, I'm not sure about, but I hope to make the Isles very modern and very advanced).

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Castlebay
What form of government does your nation have?: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: Éamon Cosgrave, Prime Minister and Aelle XVI, King
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: The government is composed of a coalition between the Conservative Party and the Christian Democrats, in association with a number of independents that give it the slightest majority. The political atmosphere is divided, but Parliament often works out their issues and makes things happen. The King is allowed to offer guidance in political affairs, but is not given any official powers except in cases of ties in Parliament.

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): $487.7 billion USD, and $67,590 USD per capita.
What is your nation’s economic system?: Mixed. It's kind of like what the UK was, I suppose, but better (if that's even possible tbh).
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): Growth
1 Royal Pound = $8.39 USD

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 52,000 active, 317,000 reserve, and 2.76 million of age.
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 0.7%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: Modern British with some foreign imports.

Please list the branches of your military: Royal Armed Forces: Royal Navy of the Isles, Royal Army of the Isles, Royal Air Force of the Isles, Royal Coast Guard of the Isles, Royal Security Forces of the Isles.
How many active personnel are in each branch?: Navy: 14,000. Army: 9,000. Air Force: 15,000. Coast Guard: 12,000. Security Forces: 2,000.
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: Coraspia said to ignore this part.

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP: viewtopic.php?p=29263303&sid=0ff633621ffb0cde75494282b741a889#p29263303
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: Main.
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: A decent amount. Probably less so due to school coming up.
Please describe your moderation history: None.

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: Geopolitically, not much, I guess. Regionally, I hope to be a good part of the community.

Socialist Mercanda
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Mercanda » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:28 am

Airlann and Alba wrote:Been working on this baby for two days, whew

Formal Nation Name: The United Kingdoms of Airlann and Alba
National Demonym: Airic and Albanese (separately used), Ilic/Ailic (native of the Isles)
Nation Population: 7,216,920

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: The country is composed of two major islands, and many smaller surrounding islands. The islands have the same general climate of Ireland and Scotland, with the minor islands in the northeast having the same climate of the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. The larger island has many lakes, whereas the smaller island has noticeably fewer lakes. The larger island is called Alba, and the smaller island is called Airlann. Alba has most of the population of the country, with about 5 million citizens residing in it. Airlann only has just over 2 million. The two islands have largely been stripped of heavy vegetation, barring some forests within the interior of Alba, although the country is beautiful in almost all regards.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: The country is inhabited by a dominant majority of Celtic/Gaelic peoples, with very few non-native residents except in the two major cities, Castlebay and Inverness. There is no national religion, but a majority of the country is Catholic, with some pagan hotspots throughout. Holidays are celebrated according to the seasons, the moon and its phases, along with the normal Catholic tradition.

Please give a brief description of your national history: The country was lightly populated in ancient times, with extinctions of the human population happening frequently due to lack of stable reproduction rates, which explain the strong connection between mainland populations as a more recent colonization would explain. The first stable settlement traces back to 600 A.D. in Alba. The inhabitants of the islands grew in number, with a theorized milestone of a hundred thousand people in 900 A.D. A kingdom was established in 800 A.D. which grew to encompass nearly all of Alba, only to be rivaled by another one that was established in 850. Airlann established their own kingdom, dominating their island. By 1300 A.D., supreme dominance and sovereignty of the Airic and Albanese kingdoms was achieved on their respective islands. For four hundred years onward, the two kingdoms engaged in many battles, forming the Great War. This war was perpetuated by petty feuds between the ruling royal families and the clans that faced off from across coasts. Despite Alba's large population, the Airic kingdom was able to achieve superior technology in which to fend them off with. In 1750 A.D., the two kingdoms were ruled by better monarchs, ones that were able to work out an agreement to unify their royalties by abdicating and declaring the Airic daughter and Albanese son Queen and King of the Isles. The move was largely resented by the islands, but as it became harder to discern which ruling family the current monarch belonged to, relations normalized. With the onset of the Industrial revolution, population boomed, and the monarchy became a thing of the past, dissipating in the national memory. The islands were not prepared for the industrialization that followed, and fell into squalor as it was exploited by neighboring countries. In 1880, the monarchy took center stage again and asserted the independence and sovereignty of the Isles, and worked out arrangements to fully prepare and bring the Isles into the modern age. Many reforms followed that brought the isles up to parity with other similar countries. (Modern history, I'm not sure about, but I hope to make the Isles very modern and very advanced).

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Castlebay
What form of government does your nation have?: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: Éamon Cosgrave, Prime Minister and Aelle XVI, King
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: The government is composed of a coalition between the Conservative Party and the Christian Democrats, in association with a number of independents that give it the slightest majority. The political atmosphere is divided, but Parliament often works out their issues and makes things happen. The King is allowed to offer guidance in political affairs, but is not given any official powers except in cases of ties in Parliament.

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): $487.7 billion USD, and $67,590 USD per capita.
What is your nation’s economic system?: Mixed. It's kind of like what the UK was, I suppose, but better (if that's even possible tbh).
1 Royal Pound = $8.39 USD

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 52,000 active, 317,000 reserve, and 2.76 million of age.
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 0.7%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: Modern British with some foreign imports.

Please list the branches of your military: Royal Armed Forces: Royal Navy of the Isles, Royal Army of the Isles, Royal Air Force of the Isles, Royal Coast Guard of the Isles, Royal Security Forces of the Isles.
How many active personnel are in each branch?: Navy: 14,000. Army: 9,000. Air Force: 15,000. Coast Guard: 12,000. Security Forces: 2,000.
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: Coraspia said to ignore this part.

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP: viewtopic.php?p=29263303&sid=0ff633621ffb0cde75494282b741a889#p29263303
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: Main.
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: A decent amount. Probably less so due to school coming up.
Please describe your moderation history: None.

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: Geopolitically, not much, I guess. Regionally, I hope to be a good part of the community.

I'll handle this application as the last thing i do in office.

I'd really like to see more roleplaying from you. I'll supply you with a few prompts, I'll edit them in soon.

diplomatic rp

The leader of a group representing a minority which suffers from severe discrimination within your nation, [--MINORITY--] Lives Matter, is meeting with you, the Minister of Defence and Police. Over the past years, police shootings targetted at this minority have become worryingly common, driven by prejudice and discrimination in the police force. Roleplay out a meeting laying out how to tackle this discrimination and a course of action to take.

you are a gorgeous blonde, daughter of the king. you r gettin married to a disgusting chilokveri old businessman who honestly seems like a total perv but hes loaded wit $$$$$$$$$$$$$. roleplay out the wedding idk this is supposed to be a social rp prompt

You, a police chief, is leading a raid on a drug trafficking ring based in the port of your capital city. Roleplay out the police raid on a shipment of drugs, the arrests and conflict between the police and drug ring.

You only need to do one, but the more the better.
Last edited by Socialist Mercanda on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, I ran the Idi Amin WA General Secretary campaign. Also known as Kaalmi.
The Civic Union, fighting for you.

Airlann and Alba
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Airlann and Alba » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:48 pm

"You, a police chief, is leading a raid on a drug trafficking ring based in the port of your capital city. Roleplay out the police raid on a shipment of drugs, the arrests and conflict between the police and drug ring."

25 August 2016
14:30 Castlebay Standard Time

Police Chief John McDougall (Ret.)
Atlassian Application Centre
Interrogation Room 14

"Ah, well, you see, I was leadin' a raid on some scumbags in me city. The team had been workin' on this case for months on en'." John said, adjusting to a more comfortable position in the hard metal chair he sat in, while letting his voice slip into a heavier accent. "I'll try to recoun' ev'rthin' ta the bes' of m'ability."

"I was sittin' in the chair, in a room at the end of a warehouse. One of those meetin' rooms. Some guys from the Inverness department was there, and we had the "informan' " with us there too. Little pipsqueak snitch he was, ready to spill every damn bean he had abou' the mob. I remember one of my guys getting real pissed at him for talkin' too much and went and punched the shit outta his face. Took us a good hour to get him back to." John chuckled lightly.

14 July 1982
13:17 Castlebay Standard Time

Police Chief John McDougall
Castlebay Port Authority Area
Warehouse 6

John got up from his chair when he saw the informant come back to consciousness, taking the can of beer from the table and emptying its contents on the man's head. The informant sputtered and tried to move around, only to remember the restraints he still had.

"Alright, buddy. Let's keep it short and sweet this time, shall we? Where's the buy?" McDougall demanded, pulling the man's beer-soaked hair back, forcing his head to face him. The man breathed forcefully through his nose, trying to empty it of the intruding liquid, then attempted to speak with his swollen left jaw.

"14! 14! Warehouf 14! It'll be Domhall Cargo!" The informant burst out, hoping to not get punched again. McDougall glanced at Stevenson, the guy in charge of shipments in the port, who was nodding, affirming that there was indeed scheduled activity in that warehouse. Satisfied with the informant's answer, John let go of the man's hair, and came around to his front. He pulled up his trouser legs slightly, then crouched to get eye-to-eye with the informant. The informant's head rolled around a little after the hair was released, then his eyes met with John's.

"You a Catholic?" McDougall asked. The man nodded, not speaking out of fear of more retaliation. John pointed to one of his police and to the man, which the officer understood.

"In the name of the Father, and of the Son..." the officer began, making the appropriate motions in front of the informant, whose eyes clenched in pleading with his God. John turned and walked away, flanked by more officers, heading to Warehouse 14. If Inverness' people were any good, they'd already have positions set up. Before John got into the car, he heard a muffled gunshot.

14 July 1982
13:24 Castlebay Standard Time

Warehouse 14

"On the ground! On the fucking ground!" yelled an officer of the Inverness team, brandishing an M-16. He, along with most of his team, popped out from behind the cargo crates in the rear of the building. They had already dispatched two hostiles in the office at the back of the building before setting up position there. John saw it all unfold, as the assault vehicle he rode in braked rapidly, kicking up dust to the side of the warehouse, probably blinding the hostiles stationed there. In all, McDougall figured there were about 10 to 15, just about what the Inverness guys said. He also saw the crates of packages of white, probably the drugs he had been chasing all year.

Shots were fired from inside the warehouse, though from the car, McDougall couldn't figure out who it was coming from. Not too long after, he figured it out as a bullet struck the windshield of the car. Luckily, it was bulletproof. The assault vehicle skidded to a stop, and all the doors simultaneously opened, revealing a morass of men with M-16s of their own. John yelled from behind the car door with a megaphone, demanding that everyone get down to the floor.

Unsurprisingly, despite the compliance of many of their fellow mobsters, a few opted to choose death over dishonor. Bullets sprayed across the warehouse, some lodging themselves in wood supports, metal sheeting, others ricocheting off metal plates. One by one, the two police teams dispatched the hostiles firing away at them, going for headshots. They'd have enough survivors and rats to get the information they needed.

As John tried to get a stable aim at one of the better-concealed mobsters, wedging his gun between the car and the door, taking cover behind the door itself, a bullet dinged against his helmet, sending him onto the ground. A loud ringing filled his ears, and dark spots filled his vision. McDougall wasn't sure what was happening anymore, but tried to roll over onto his back to no avail. He could see his men firing away, crouched and looking down their sights. Slowly, he came back to his normal state, but everything was still dizzy. He tried getting up, but his right arm fell out from under him, sending him face first back into the dirt.

His right eye hurt like mad, and everything kept moving much more than it should, spinning, shifting. McDougall tried again, lifting himself up by the car door's handle, ditching the assault rifle in his left hand, and shuffled back into the car. He noticed that there was much more gunfire than there should be, and a bullet struck his leg. Strange, he thought. The bullet struck him higher up on his leg than the car door should have allowed. It also struck him in his left leg, like it was fired from behind the car, not in front of it like it should have been fired from the warehouse.

Next thing he knew, a hand grabbed the back of his vest and pulled him backward. John slammed back onto the ground a third time, on his back. When he looked up into the sky, a face appeared. In his periphery, McDougall could see figures moving toward the warehouse, but not adorned in police gear. Mobsters. The face he saw was none other than the boss, Emilio.

"You..." John strained, spitting out dirt and saliva, "... motherfucker."

[To be continued]

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Airlann and Alba wrote:"You, a police chief, is leading a raid on a drug trafficking ring based in the port of your capital city. Roleplay out the police raid on a shipment of drugs, the arrests and conflict between the police and drug ring."

25 August 2016
14:30 Castlebay Standard Time

Police Chief John McDougall (Ret.)
Atlassian Application Centre
Interrogation Room 14

"Ah, well, you see, I was leadin' a raid on some scumbags in me city. The team had been workin' on this case for months on en'." John said, adjusting to a more comfortable position in the hard metal chair he sat in, while letting his voice slip into a heavier accent. "I'll try to recoun' ev'rthin' ta the bes' of m'ability."

"I was sittin' in the chair, in a room at the end of a warehouse. One of those meetin' rooms. Some guys from the Inverness department was there, and we had the "informan' " with us there too. Little pipsqueak snitch he was, ready to spill every damn bean he had abou' the mob. I remember one of my guys getting real pissed at him for talkin' too much and went and punched the shit outta his face. Took us a good hour to get him back to." John chuckled lightly.

14 July 1982
13:17 Castlebay Standard Time

Warehouse 6

John got up from his chair when he saw the informant come back to consciousness, taking the can of beer from the table and emptying its contents on the man's head. The informant sputtered and tried to move around, only to remember the restraints he still had.

"Alright, buddy. Let's keep it short and sweet this time, shall we? Where's the buy?" McDougall demanded, pulling the man's beer-soaked hair back, forcing his head to face him. The man breathed forcefully through his nose, trying to empty it of the intruding liquid, then attempted to speak with his swollen left jaw.

"14! 14! Warehouf 14! It'll be Domhall Cargo!" The informant burst out, hoping to not get punched again. McDougall glanced at Stevenson, the guy in charge of shipments in the port, who was nodding, affirming that there was indeed scheduled activity in that warehouse. Satisfied with the informant's answer, John let go of the man's hair, and came around to his front. He pulled up his trouser legs slightly, then crouched to get eye-to-eye with the informant. The informant's head rolled around a little after the hair was released, then his eyes met with John's.

"You a Catholic?" McDougall asked. The man nodded, not speaking out of fear of more retaliation. John pointed to one of his police and to the man, which the officer understood.

"In the name of the Father, and of the Son..." the officer began, making the appropriate motions in front of the informant, whose eyes clenched in pleading with his God. John turned and walked away, flanked by more officers, heading to Warehouse 14. If Inverness' people were any good, they'd already have positions set up. Before John got into the car, he heard a muffled gunshot.

14 July 1982
13:24 Castlebay Standard Time

Warehouse 14

"On the ground! On the fucking ground!" yelled an officer of the Inverness team, brandishing an M-16. He, along with most of his team, popped out from behind the cargo crates in the rear of the building. They had already dispatched two hostiles in the office at the back of the building before setting up position there. John saw it all unfold, as the assault vehicle he rode in braked rapidly, kicking up dust to the side of the warehouse, probably blinding the hostiles stationed there. In all, McDougall figured there were about 10 to 15, just about what the Inverness guys said. He also saw the crates of packages of white, probably the drugs he had been chasing all year.

Shots were fired from inside the warehouse, though from the car, McDougall couldn't figure out who it was coming from. Not too long after, he figured it out as a bullet struck the windshield of the car. Luckily, it was bulletproof. The assault vehicle skidded to a stop, and all the doors simultaneously opened, revealing a morass of men with M-16s of their own. John yelled from behind the car door with a megaphone, demanding that everyone get down to the floor.

Unsurprisingly, despite the compliance of many of their fellow mobsters, a few opted to choose death over dishonor. Bullets sprayed across the warehouse, some lodging themselves in wood supports, metal sheeting, others ricocheting off metal plates. One by one, the two police teams dispatched the hostiles firing away at them, going for headshots. They'd have enough survivors and rats to get the information they needed.

As John tried to get a stable aim at one of the better-concealed mobsters, wedging his gun between the car and the door, taking cover behind the door itself, a bullet dinged against his helmet, sending him onto the ground. A loud ringing filled his ears, and dark spots filled his vision. McDougall wasn't sure what was happening anymore, but tried to roll over onto his back to no avail. He could see his men firing away, crouched and looking down their sights. Slowly, he came back to his normal state, but everything was still dizzy. He tried getting up, but his right arm fell out from under him, sending him face first back into the dirt.

His right eye hurt like mad, and everything kept moving much more than it should, spinning, shifting. McDougall tried again, lifting himself up by the car door's handle, ditching the assault rifle in his left hand, and shuffled back into the car. He noticed that there was much more gunfire than there should be, and a bullet struck his leg. Strange, he thought. The bullet struck him higher up on his leg than the car door should have allowed. It also struck him in his left leg, like it was fired from behind the car, not in front of it like it should have been fired from the warehouse.

Next thing he knew, a hand grabbed the back of his vest and pulled him backward. John slammed back onto the ground a third time, on his back. When he looked up into the sky, a face appeared. In his periphery, McDougall could see figures moving toward the warehouse, but not adorned in police gear. Mobsters. The face he saw was none other than the boss, Emilio.

"You..." John strained, spitting out dirt and saliva, "... motherfucker."

[To be continued]

Well, that's certainly rp prompt enough.

Accepted. Password incoming.

Gorospi Maridelya
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gorospi Maridelya » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Coraspia wrote:Gorospi Maridelya: Your stats are fine, however for canon-building purposes it would help if you could offer some more detail regarding your nation. You will also have to complete an RP prompt.

Well then, though I persist in wanting to build canon further based on regional canon:

The Kingdom of Gorospi Maridelya for nearly half a century after its creation was ruled by one man and one family - the Maridelyan Dynasty. The prominent leaders of the Kingdom, referred to historically as "The Favoured," were granted nobility by King (Name undetermined) (Dynastic name undetermined) (Regnal number undetermined). The King divided most of his land to the leading 13 of The Favoured. The Favoured, known well in their family names, were Astile, Sintam (Modern: Sainters), Seoliear (Modern: Solyare), Poliuk (Modern: Dolyup), Uretlu (Modern: Uweltloo), Ato, Arkdem, Xeralam (Modern: Sirelaner), Lorv, Banak (Modern: Barnad), Holir, Marlan (Modern: Arlaner), and Koisinil (Modern: Christian). The King gave them the status, titles, and styles of (what the sovereign majority of the world would unconventionally yet withholding its factors to be conventional, what they would call) a grand duke.

From there, devolution of the Crown's power over its territories was commenced and rapidly diminished the King's voice over internal affairs. By the end of the century, the Maridelyan Kings was at the mercy of the nobility and were even forced to use their power on their behalf, for their own benefit.

This remained interrupted until the first female sovereign, Mary I, was crowned Queen of Gorospi Maridelya.

Finally one of the families, Astile, brokered a marriage between their heir and Queen Mary I. Other than having the first female sovereign, the Kingdom had its first legislature composing of, exclusively, the nobility, which would be the traditional but not the only source for leaders of the Queen's government at the time.

The Astile-Maridelyan Dynasty endured with a century of progress. The Kingdom was just as much as with the world.

The Astile-Maridelyan line was broken when King Christian III died without a living heir, after spending most of his life killing each and every of his dynastic members for alleged treason, ergo dooming the Astile-Maridelyans, going as far as killing his own children, and, in two marriages, his consorts.

The throne was given to the 13th Count of Larenk Steed, Joseph Barnel of the Noble House of Lorv, a lowly blue-blood who rose up from his inglorious and comedic societal repose serving as an insignificant state merchant and missionary.

The Lorv Dynasty began with King Joseph I, who immediately decided to use the name "Maridelyan" into his dynasty. And so it was then "Lorv-Maridelyan." This line of kings favoured prosperity over progress and pursued opportunities of it. To them money did not matter to most technology and science, except those that would excel in efficiency and organization. And that it all depends on one's faith on God. The less one is sinful, the more one would prosper. The more one is faithful, makes one to become empowered in the divine mercy of the Almighty Father. Then faith turns against them when paranoia and prejudice grew from fear and hatred against those who stand in a different side from God and to those who are simply different from other people.

A crisis of morality and human dignity ensued. The last Lorv-Maridelyan king, Caster II, abdicated in panic of the crisis and in favour of his heir presumptive the Grand Duke of Sintam, Alars-Ricard of the Noble House of Sainters. The new king choose to not use his personal name but his predecessor's, therefore he became Caster III.

The Sainters Dynasty refused to include "Maridelyan" in its name however, despite of its first to have been reverent to the last Lorv-Maridelyan. Their line did not rouse anything new or anything old. This line in fact favoured absolute neutrality in all causes, affairs, and matters, leaving these unsolved, unsolvable, or "practically" solved.

King Joseph IV, last of the Sainters Dynasty, was ousted by his own legislature over a mental illness the king had to endure for the rest of his life. He was replaced by a regent, his disowned daughter who took up a name for herself, who went on to become Mary II of the Ato-Maridelyan Dynasty.

Queen Mary II ushered in rushed change. Instituting the Kingdom's first judiciary, the Sovereign's Court of Justice, and allowing the rich and the middlemen (the middle class in Gorospi Maridelya) into the national legislature in an election. It was followed by more elections for her government and other offices that were usually held by landed and blood-right merit. A new order was about to take place.

An order that was about to fall thanks to the guards of the current order. Queen Mary's enlightened reign was ended in a coup instigated by the nobility and the clergy. The Queen, a puppet, her reforms were ceased from action and all institutions thereof were abolished without question. From there until now, the Kingdom is under the effective stewardship of the Church of Gorospi Maridelya manipulated by nobles.

Both applicants, please select a prompt from the list below.
1. You are rping the head of a large bank, which is currently experiencing severe financial difficulties. Marco Celiun, a notorious drug lord in failing health and with no surviving relatives, knows this. He has offered to make yur company the sole benifitiary of his enormous fortune: more than enough to save it. However, as a condition of this promise, you will be required to aggressively lobby your nations government dor drug legalisation. Please rp your thought process, and your communication to Mr. Celium.
2. The notorious 'great martyrs army of the silver-winged God' have captured the King/President. You must rp your nations attempts to get him/her back.
3. It's world cup time, and your nation has swept all before it in qualifying. Things were looking up when you read the news: you have been drawn against Coraspia in the first knockout round. As your players are aware, Coraspia is an undefeated team and is, quite frankly, amazing. RP your players and choaches preparation, and the game itself. (you may even win!)

Kingdom of Gorospi Maridelya
1st Commerce District, Crown State of Arkdem
The Joseph-Lorv Vault, Headquarters

25th Batterburd Count Alexander of the Noble House of Lorv

"Joseph-Lorv Vault for the first time in a century and a decade since the Great Stagnation of 1901 is pulling out a dozen of branches across the Kingdom from service. Reasons why are withheld by the Ministry of Public Information, Department for Affairs of Commerce and Finance, for the sake of economic assurance and maintenance of its stability," The nameless newswoman said in "Good Night, Tonight News'" economic report, from the one and only channel that gives out news and current affairs in our blessed kingdom.

It's 2016 and we're still muzzled by people from the long-ago past. It's nothing I would want to bother, not because I like what I am in today nor do I revere the great sovereign monarch - no, no, no fucking way. I just don't have the balls to bother, anyways it's not like I am suppressed in my position. Things in my place are not gonna get worser than the commoners, and so in their level. Not even the rich, no way. I've got my title still but, yeah, it's not enough.

"Commerce and Finance Affairs Secretary Reverend Archen Witsmer, BEc, is pushing for His Exhalted Majesty's Government in the Assembly of Estates to give complete independence to the Ministry of Public Information from the executive, legislative, and judicial branches in order to, and I quote, 'reassure the public that the Ministry is nothing but the absolute trut-'" Oh that's enough crap for today.

In other news, I've made a deal with a narcotics bastard. Never knew that the people I detest and most hated would be essential in my business', nope, life's survival. Lucky the bastard is too old to think of anything to do with his money. Unlike him, I'm dying for what he has.

Marco Celium, guy's been on the Most Wanted List: Dead or Alive Edition for years. Under three kings, 11 Sovereigns' Bishops, he made his fortune. Don't know why, don't know how, don't want to know either. For some cause, he asked a lowly lord to ask somebody in the Estates' Assembly to write down a legislation legalizing drugs. Yes, I may have one of the biggest banks in the Kingdom but it can be easily taken away by the Crown as it did before to many. Don't know why, don't know how, I kinda want to know though.

So then in return, my bank will be the sole beneficiary of his enormous wealth. Oh God on Hell, on Earth?! Why did I agree to something that is impossible? There's no way will the Church or my fellow lords would agree to legalizing a bunch of new age, hippy hoppy, teeny boppy, magical pills. Not a chance.

Suppose I could put in some wink and nod here and there but it's going to be hard. I could use a god-fucking miracle.

"Sir, Mister Medkra is calling." My executive assistant told me.

Oh fuck, you gave me a god-fucking disaster. What kind of a God are you huh?

"...Put Mister Medkra on, Patricia, thank you."

Here goes some fuckery.

"Hello?" Hope I sound well-enough as would most ass-suckers.

"How's the deal?" Sounds as horrible and as old as he did last week, a little different though because either he's tired or that he really wants to know what's going on with our agreement.

"Well, sir, I haven't contacted any member of the legislature as of now. I was about to until you called me." Hope he'd bite this.

"Ah, good. I want you to do something before that. Something that might help." Oh, he's gonna help on this. What a delight.

"Remember our discussion last time we spoke?" Yeah, and the first time we spoke.

"Yes, I do. About chess I believe." What is it now? I am sure that the line we're in is safe. Insecure prick.

"Now, I'd like you to get me a chess set. Preferably without the pawns." What, then how the hell am I gonna lobby without them?

"Without them? So it leaves us the king, the queen, the bishops, the knights, and the rooks." I don't like where this is going. Please not these people only.

"As exactly as I say now, I want you leave the king, the queen, the knights, and the rooks as it is. Move the bishops only." Fucking hell no. I am not going to the Church for your fucking deal. I'll be excommunicated, then they'll arrest me and take away everything. Without my title, I'm nothing! And without it, my family will suffer the commoner life. We'll be the shame of this decade and the pride of the Church's ever-assertive authority.

"I see. Are you sure that there isn't anything you'd like?" Come on, come on. There must be something else that I could do. I'll gladly spend the rest of my days talking to corrupt politicians and wait for you to die eventually, preferably deceived into giving your money to me.

"I know what I like, Count, and you know that as well." Spare me this conversation. Get a move on already greedy weedhead.

"Very well, I will inform you when it is done." And that is how you well-enough suck asses as would most ass-suckers.
Last edited by Gorospi Maridelya on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Chilokver
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Chilokver » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:22 pm

Gor, I hope you don't mind me asking- what's your other account's name?

About User
Hong Kong-Australian Male
Pro: Yeah
Neutral: Meh
Con: Nah
| [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] |
[HOI I - Peacetime conditions]
Head of Government: President Sohum Jain
Population: 195.10 million
GDP (nominal): $6.39 trillion
Military personnel: 523.5k
IIWiki
| There is no news. |
Other Stuff
Lingria wrote:Just realized I'm better at roleplaying then talking to another human being.
Fck.
WARNING: This nation represents my RL views.

Gorospi Maridelya
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gorospi Maridelya » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:48 pm

New Chilokver wrote:Gor, I hope you don't mind me asking- what's your other account's name?

Oh no, I don't mind. In fact, it is a need since it's kinda off not to provide the whereabouts of your main after stating that this account is a puppet. (I believe though that it can already be seen through the link I gave for an RP example but, for convenience, there's the link to my main's NS page immediately below.)

Willowsea

Hmm. This got me thinking if there are discrepancies in my app.

No, I have a factbook though and I am planning to have less than a dozen within this week.

This never happened. :P

Spent a lot of time in school lately so I had no time to bother things that I've determined to be "inessential." Excuse me for the late reply on the request for further canonical details and RP prompt.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Gorospi Maridelya wrote:
New Chilokver wrote:Gor, I hope you don't mind me asking- what's your other account's name?

Oh no, I don't mind. In fact, it is a need since it's kinda off not to provide the whereabouts of your main after stating that this account is a puppet. (I believe though that it can already be seen through the link I gave for an RP example but, for convenience, there's the link to my main's NS page immediately below.)

Willowsea

Hmm. This got me thinking if there are discrepancies in my app.

No, I have a factbook though and I am planning to have less than a dozen within this week.

This never happened. :P

Spent a lot of time in school lately so I had no time to bother things that I've determined to be "inessential." Excuse me for the late reply on the request for further canonical details and RP prompt.

You are accepted, however ddue to the newness of your nation you will be on probationary membership for a month, dependent on activity. You still have full political and voting rights during this time. The password is incoming.

The Highland Lords
Secretary

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Highland Lords » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:52 am

Just wanting to bring this up to the top after a week.

Colonies United
Civilian

Founded: Aug 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonies United » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Formal Nation Name:Colonies United
National Demonym: Republic of Colonies United
Nation Population: 56 mill

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography:Continental, woods, plains, and mountains

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Native American christian

Please give a brief description of your national history: Revolution from tyrannical homeland conquerors

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Creek
What form of government does your nation have?: Representative Democracy
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: President-George Atuchie Senators- Nubia Effok, Mark Feather, Carter Lethero, Braxton Queen, John Kelea, Esthera Olie, and Candice Bennit
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: calm

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): $18,454.64
What is your nation’s economic system?: Capitalism
[b]Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD: Credit

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: 2,866,345
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: $26,059,027,280.50
How would you describe your military’s technology?: 90s American (e.g. 70s American)

Please list the branches of your military: Air Force, Navy, Army
How many active personnel are in each branch?: Air Force: 866,000 Navy: 1,000,300 Army: 1,000,045
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy: (if not possible, state the numbers and types of vehicles each branch possesses)

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP: War will be last resort
Military RP: if attack you will be forced to action
Sports RP: none
P2TM RP: none

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: main
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?:when I can once every other day
Please describe your moderation history: a group of colonies oppress by the homeland nations who decide to fight for freedom and won, and decided to stay together.

Do you have an IIWiki page? no:

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: i don't know this would be my first time doing role-playing (geopolitical power and OOC contribution)

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:07 pm

Hello,

At present, I am unable to accept you into Atlas due to your lack of roleplay experience. What generally happens at this point, if this is something you would be interested in, is that myself or another interested Atlasian member will conduct a training RP with you in order to get you up to speed.

Please send me a tg if this is something you would be interested in.

-Coraspia, Minister of Recruitment, Atlas.

Kielmt
Secretary

Founded: Feb 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kielmt » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:08 am

Formal Nation Name:The Republic of Kielmt
National Demonym:Kielmtian
Nation Population:2016 census-17.438.862

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography:Kielmt has a tropical climate. A hot season normally lasts from April until September, but from then until December, cooler temperatures predominate, with less precipitation.
Although most of Kielmt is tropical. Because of the extremely variable weather patterns and long-term geographic isolation, much of Kielmt's biota is unique and diverse.
Among well-known Kielmt animals are the salmons,the leopards and the hippopotamus.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture:Kielmt is composed by three native ethnic groups, each preserving its own language and traditions. The Kielmtian ethnicity is the largest, followed by the Werian and Kelmt-Qarian. The Kelmt-Qarian people, locally known as Qaris, constitute one of the smallest ethnic minorities in Kielmt. They are descendants of the Kelmts people and have been traditionally concentrated in the capital.

Please give a brief description of your national history:The land within the borders of current Kielmt has been continuously settled and fought over since prehistoric times. The Kelmts and the Werians were the main settlers of the region.

The population growth occurred due to the slave trade it (Some imperialist nation),that establishes the(some name) protectorate in Kielmt on the Treaty of Uiluani, 2 January 1864.

On 28 March 1967 , Kielmt gained independence from (sojme name). Since gaining independence, Kielmt has had two leaders: Yuleme Yowala, who ruled from 1967 until 2016,year of his dead, and the current leader Olhab Klmha.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?:Uiluani
What form of government does your nation have?:Unitary multi-party directorial democratic republic
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s:President Olhab Klmha
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?:EQPK (People's Liberation Party of Kielmt) control the country since is independence, you known... Socialism.

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal):
Total - $74.357 Billion (2016)
Per capita - $4,263.867(2016)

What is your nation’s economic system?:
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.):From 2006 to 2016, the Kielmtian economy grew annually at a pace of 2–3% of GDP.
Please give the name of your national currency and conversion into USD: 1 Jualy equal to 1.113548 USD

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?:8.146.397 personnel (1.271.412 active and 6.874.985 reserve); conscription goes from 17 to 25.
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?:Great part of the weapons and tanks come from the support of Socialist nation on rebel groups before the independence, 10.8%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: Soviet 50s an 60s (e.g. 70s American)

Please list the branches of your military:Lake Kielmt Maritime Defence Force (LKDMDF), Kielmt People's Dependent Force (KPDF) and the Kielmt Dependent Air Force (KDAF)
How many active personnel are in each branch?:The LKDMDF normally work it the KPDF, I cant really say it rigth now but he can talk about that later.
Please list in complete ORBAT form your army, air force and navy:I making one ORBAT (if not possible, state the numbers and types of vehicles each branch possesses)

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:THAT NEVER HAPEN,MY PRESIDENT IS ALIVE

1 Days Ago - Council Room, Third Floor, Uiluani Counscil, Uiluani City
Central Kielmt

The room was dark, some light comes from the window, the council have been called but nobody know why, sometimes is just called because some country in the other side of the world mobilize our because 2 teenagers say something against the President near the council. But this time there was no caviar on the table or champagne, not even a bottle of cheap wine... Nothing, the room is so grey that the President cant see is councillors, suddenly 2 shots are heard. All cover is heads except the President, maybe freeze in fear,but the blood never lies. The president put a hand on his chest and say a last time.
"Peace, equality, unity" and fall over the table. 4 mens armed appear, the last 3 councilors are put on front of the window and shot on the head one by one. Suddenly the Council is invaded by a mob, everything was planed, a coup is upon us...

12 minutes after the dead of the President - Central Corritor,
Ground floor, Uiluani Council Uiluani City
Central Kielmt

The entry has been taken by the rebels, 23 guard prepare a barricade in the central corridor, all doors are closed and locked.
"Are you guys ready?" said the chief of security fighting back the memories of the years passed in the army.
"Yes sir!"
The front door is open and the automatic systems launch tear gas wile the guards shoot suppressive fire,is ordered that all police personnel in the city is sended to defend the Council.
Suddenly a shoot is heard from the other side and a guard falls dead.
"Everibody, put the masks" and it the movement of the Chief,chlorine gas is launched.By that time the mob is dispersed, but that have a cost: 84 deads including the President,the coucilors and 1 guard.

Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?:Main
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?:Everyday at least on minute.
Please describe your moderation history:...

Do you have an IIWiki page?:Yes
If so, what is the link?:http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Kielmt (This is so you can be added to the region’s wiki)

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?:Minor nation, are you seeing Liberia? (geopolitical power and OOC contribution)

Last edited by Kielmt on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
All national RP have been translated from Kielmtian to English

Olhab Klmha Dictador Supreme President of Kielmt

"I am declaring martial law all over the region, and mandating that everyone eat baklava until they go into a food coma." -Palermo & Lovarium

Agualados
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Agualados » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:53 am

Formal Nation Name: People's Republic of Agualados
National Demonym: Agualian
Nation Population: 203 Million

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: Mostly rainforest, very similar to irl Brazil or other South American nations with alot of Rainforest, Rivers, Mountains and some Deserts.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Mostly Portuguese speaking, with a minority of Spanish-speakers.

Please give a brief description of your national history: The modern state of Agualados was formed in 1951 following a communist revolution which ousted the previous administration of the sitting President, Gaspar Dutra. The Communists worked alongside the Vastava Pact to build a modern workers paradise. The first leader of the People's Republic, Carlito Falcão, then embarked on a famous Modernisation campaign, which led to the deaths of millions and ultimately leaving the nation an economic failure. A counter-revolution in 1973 resulted in the further deaths of thousands as the government ruthlessly put down the counter-revolutionaries.

Since the crackdowns of the 1970s, the communist party has not become any gentler, with multiple work camps scattered throughout the rainforest, where political prisoners and dissenters are put to use by the government. Although many of its more brutal methods occur behind closed doors, to avoid more serious diplomatic implications, and to pursue closer ties with the Vastava Pact.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Falcão Cidade
What form of government does your nation have?: Marxist/Leninist Single Party State
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: President Eduardo Machado
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: Unstable, Anti-communist guerillas across the nation, with a brutal and oppressive government.

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): $820 Billion total $4,100 per capita
What is your nation’s economic system?: Communist Socialism
What is Economic Stage (Depression, recession, growth, etc.): Depression
Rotulo, worth $0.10USD

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: Active: 200,000 | Reserve 1,000,000 | Of age 36,000,000
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 6%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: (e.g. 70s American) A mix of 1970s Soviet and modern Brazilian

Please list the branches of your military: Army, Navy, Air Force, Boné Vermelho
How many active personnel are in each branch?: 150,000 Army, 10,000 Navy, 5,000 Air Force, 35,000 "Red Caps" (Boné Vermelho)

This is a rough overview, I can go into more detail if required.
ARMY
Main Service Rifle: AKS-74U
Main Service Pistol: Taurus PT-92
Main Service LMG and GPMG: PKM and DShK
Main Infantry Anti Tank: RPG-7V
Main Battle Tank: T-62 (1,000), T-72 (500), EE-T1 Osorio (200)
Infantry Transport: EE-11 Urutu, Volkswagen Worker, BTR-80

Infantry
-Divisão de Infantaria (Leg Infantry): 4 Active Divisions (40,000 total men)
-Divisão de Rifle Motorizado (Motorized Infantry): 12 Active Divisions, (120,000 total men)
-Divisão de Infantaria Mecanizada "Boinas Pretas" (Mechanized Infantry): 1 Active Division, (10,000 total men)
Other
-Divisão Blindada (Armoured): 2 Active DIvisions (10,000 total men, 1,700 MBTs)

AIR FORCE
Fighters: MiG-25
Air Support: Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano
Helicopters: Mil Mi-24

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): It is Rodina, will confirm with main account, look at my multitude of RP posts already on Atlas.
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

Is this a main, alt or puppet account?: Alt
How much time do you spend on this account and NS?: Decent amount of time on NS
Please describe your moderation history: i iz gud boy

Do you have an IIWiki page?: not yet

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution) VP commie shithole

it is i
stas wants me to come back
i am scared of gulag so i will do as dear leader says

The RODina
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The RODina » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:54 am

Agualados wrote:

Formal Nation Name: People's Republic of Agualados
National Demonym: Agualian
Nation Population: 203 Million

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography: Mostly rainforest, very similar to irl Brazil or other South American nations with alot of Rainforest, Rivers, Mountains and some Deserts.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Mostly Portuguese speaking, with a minority of Spanish-speakers.

Please give a brief description of your national history: The modern state of Agualados was formed in 1951 following a communist revolution which ousted the previous administration of the sitting President, Gaspar Dutra. The Communists worked alongside the Vastava Pact to build a modern workers paradise. The first leader of the People's Republic, Carlito Falcão, then embarked on a famous Modernisation campaign, which led to the deaths of millions and ultimately leaving the nation an economic failure. A counter-revolution in 1973 resulted in the further deaths of thousands as the government ruthlessly put down the counter-revolutionaries.

Since the crackdowns of the 1970s, the communist party has not become any gentler, with multiple work camps scattered throughout the rainforest, where political prisoners and dissenters are put to use by the government. Although many of its more brutal methods occur behind closed doors, to avoid more serious diplomatic implications, and to pursue closer ties with the Vastava Pact.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Falcão Cidade
What form of government does your nation have?: Marxist/Leninist Single Party State
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: President Eduardo Machado
How would you describe the political climate in your nation?: Unstable, Anti-communist guerillas across the nation, with a brutal and oppressive government.

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): $820 Billion total $4,100 per capita
Rotulo, worth $0.10USD

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: Active: 200,000 | Reserve 1,000,000 | Of age 36,000,000
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 6%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: (e.g. 70s American) A mix of 1970s Soviet and modern Brazilian

Please list the branches of your military: Army, Navy, Air Force, Boné Vermelho
How many active personnel are in each branch?: 150,000 Army, 10,000 Navy, 5,000 Air Force, 35,000 "Red Caps" (Boné Vermelho)

ARMY
Main Service Pistol: Taurus PT-92
Main Battle Tank: T-62 (1,000), T-72 (500), EE-T1 Osorio (200)
Infantry Transport: EE-11 Urutu, Volkswagen Worker, BTR-80

Infantry
-Divisão de Infantaria (Leg Infantry): 4 Active Divisions (40,000 total men)
-Divisão de Rifle Motorizado (Motorized Infantry): 12 Active Divisions, (120,000 total men)
-Divisão de Infantaria Mecanizada "Boinas Pretas" (Mechanized Infantry): 1 Active Division, (10,000 total men)
Other

AIR FORCE
Fighters: MiG-25
Air Support: Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano
Helicopters: Mil Mi-24

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted): It is Rodina, will confirm with main account, look at my multitude of RP posts already on Atlas.
Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

What sort of position do you foresee yourself filling in Atlas?: (geopolitical power and OOC contribution) VP commie shithole

it is i
stas wants me to come back
i am scared of gulag so i will do as dear leader says

confirmed as rod
THE GROZYAR REPUBLIC

This nation mostly represents my real views.
Pro: Gun Rights, National Sovereignty, Meritocracy, Democracy, Freedom, Equality of Opportunity, Capitalism, United States, Russia.
Anti: Islam, Mass Immigration, Socialism, Identity Politics, "Anti-Discrimination" diversity quotas and affirmative action, Forced Equality of outcome, Globalism.
Neutral: Christianity, Europe, Monarchy, Limited Immigration.
ISideWith
Political Compass

The Highland Lords
Secretary

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Highland Lords » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:55 am

As Interim Minister of Recruitment, I will evaluate the two current standing applicants.

Kielmt, you may know me from Admayora as 'Palermo and Lovarium'. That being said, I know you. As it is, I don't believe that you would be the right fit for the region, but you may continue applying if it is your wish to join. You will need to complete a more substantial roleplay scenario, to fully grasp your skills in this field. The (completely fictional) prompt is as follows:

Kielmt takes the form of a small Kuwait-like country sandwiched between two larger powers, a democratic-capitalist power, and a authoritarian-socialist one. Kielmt has a small coast, which allows it to conduct trade overseas. However, there are weather forecast models showing that a strong storm system is threatening to flood Kielmt via storm surge. This could have serious implications for the Kielmtian economy and/or political stability, especially with such influential neighbors.

Roleplay out one of the following: The political workings of your government trying to devise a way to block the storm surge and/or deal with and minimize the impending aftermath. OR the aftermath in which the storm surge has completely wiped out Kielmtian ports and coastal infrastructure, and the ensuing political instability that your government now has to deal with.

Agualados/Rodina, I also know you, and seeing as you are a former member of Atlas, you know how this all works. However, do note the new activity requirements - one good quality roleplay post each month, minimum. That being said, your application is pretty good. One potential concern that I might have is about the military spending - with a military that size with that much spending (and type of equipment), do note that much of your reserve will likely be underequipped. Moving on, I suggest you try to find a plot nearby Merala and Badeluna - you have some excellent historical and RP potential there, especially if you get near Aufwachen (the notNazi state). Password will be sent when I get it from El Presidente.

The RODina
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The RODina » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Formal Nation Name: Socialist Republic of Agualadös
National Demonym: Agualadöszian
Nation Population: 603 Thousand

Please give a brief description of your climate and geography:A small tropical island 40km east of Bahtar, the Island is mostly rainforest, and has a central mountain range running throughout the centre of the island.

Please give a brief description of your national ethnicities and culture: Most of the residents of the island are Grozyar in ethnicity, and the official language is Grozyar, but it also has a significant Alfashiri minorities, mostly from Bahtar and central Alfashir.

Please give a brief description of your national history: Agualadös was first discovered by Grozyar explorers in the mid 1800s, and was quickly colonized as one of Grozav Inima's first, and one of her only, colonies. It became a popular destination for wealthy aristocrats, with it's tropical beaches and crystal clear waters. Following the decolonization effort of the post-first great war, Agualadös had it's first brief flirt as an Independent Republic. The economy quickly collapsed, and it official rejoined Grozav Inima in 1939 when Iosef Aur began the repatriation process of all former Grozyar Territories.

Agualadös was then granted independence again in 1949, after the conclusion of the Second Great War, and a Stasnovan-backed Communist government was installed in the capital city of Vízöld to maintain order in the nation, which was near anarchic following the Grozyar setbacks of the late-war. During the Grozyar Revolutions of the mid-1950s and 1960s, there were similar anti-communist movements in Agualadös. It did not take long for the Vízöld government to crack down on these movements, harshly, as the regimes brutality increased tenfold in the space of a few short years. Work camps were set up on the island to deal with political prisoners.

Government & Economy

What is the name of your nation’s capital city?: Vízöld
Please list your head of government/s and head of state/s: President Eduard nak Vízöld

Please give your GDP and GDP per capita (nominal): $13.8 billion total, $23,000 Per Capita
Rucat, worth $0.10USD

Military

How many active, reserve and of age (18-45 year old) personnel do you have?: Active: 9,200 | Reserve 50,000 | Of age 200,000
What percentage of your nation’s GDP is spent on the military?: 10%
How would you describe your military’s technology?: (e.g. 70s American) A mix of 1970s Soviet and modern south american

Please list the branches of your military: Agualadöszian People's Army/Agualadöszian Néphadsereg (ANh (Ground)), Agualadöszian People's Army Navy/Agualadöszian Néphadsereg Flotta (ANhF (Navy)), Agualadöszian People's Army Air Force/Agualadöszian Néphadsereg Légierő (ANhL (Air force))
How many active personnel are in each branch?: 7,000 ANh, 1,000 ANhF, 200 ANhL

ARMY
Main Service Pistol: Tokarev TT
Main Battle Tank: T-74 Kulak (23)
Infantry Transport: GAZ-52, BTR-80

Infantry
-Gyalogezred (Leg Infantry Regiment): 2 Active Regiments (2,000 total men)
-Motor Puska Ezred (Motorized Infantry Regiment): 4 Active Regiments, (4,000 total men)
-Gépesített Lövészdandár (Mechanized Infantry Brigade): 2 Active Brigade, (600 total men)
-Páncél Zászlóalj (Armour Battalion): 1 Active Battalion (23 tanks, 100 men)

Other

AIR FORCE
Fighters: MiG-23 (23, only 7 operational)
Air Support: Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano (4 operational)
Helicopters: Mil Mi-24 (2 operational)

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP:
Military RP:
Sports RP:
P2TM RP:

Overhauled the app to fit with new NPC state, for RP purposes.
THE GROZYAR REPUBLIC

This nation mostly represents my real views.
Pro: Gun Rights, National Sovereignty, Meritocracy, Democracy, Freedom, Equality of Opportunity, Capitalism, United States, Russia.
Anti: Islam, Mass Immigration, Socialism, Identity Politics, "Anti-Discrimination" diversity quotas and affirmative action, Forced Equality of outcome, Globalism.
Neutral: Christianity, Europe, Monarchy, Limited Immigration.
ISideWith
Political Compass

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information