NATION

PASSWORD

Western Coalition Associated News Service

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:23 am

WCANS Logo Courtesy of New Korongo

The Western Coalition Associated News Service (WCANS) is the Western Coalition's chief multinational non-profit mass-media news agency. With ownership of Western Coalition Broadcasting Service (WCBS), the Western Coalition Tribune, and the Western Coalition Radio Service (WCRS), along with several other television, magazines, newspapers, and radio stations, we offer clear and straightforward news and commentary from the Western Coalition and around the world. Offering unbiased news and quality insights, we are the number 1 choice for all the latest local, national, regional and international news, making our readers and audience our top priority. After decades of operation, we remain the widest circulated print newspaper in the Western Coalition region, and our professional team of journalists are spread around the region and around the globe, ready to report on affairs that matter.
Last edited by Gibberan on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:08 am

Gibberish Broadcasting Corporation

Gibberish Officials have recently recieved a press release, dated 26 September, 2013:
What with all the news of mass government surveillance programs lately, it seems only right that we unveil: the NationStates mass surveillance program! Or, as we like to call it, "Activity."

The new Activity page allows you to keep tabs on the entire world, or whichever particular part of it is of interest to you. Watch as the cumulative actions of thousands of nations scroll by! It's kind of addictive.

You can also watch an updating feed of global activity at the bottom of the World page.

The new Activity page replaces the old "REPORTS," so if you're peering at the sidebar thinking WHERE THE HECK DID THAT LINK GO, this is why. You can access reports similar to before via Activity links from your Dossier.

Citizens are outraged at this breach of their private lives. Protests are currently being staged outside the Parliament house. The size of the protest goes on within a 2 mile radius of the Parliament. Daily commuting has been disrupted, and certain members of the riot police have allegedly put down their weapons and joined in the fray. The government is preparing to convene with other members of the Western Coalition to decide what to do about this. More on this story as it develops.
ImageImage
Last edited by Gibberan on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

Proud Esquarian!
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Atorea
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Atorea » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:38 am

Atorean Station

Atorean Military forces in South Rothanzil have finally landed in the Invaded Areas of SR. We request any WC members to join, as an invader to help invade the SR.
Colonies: The Dominion of The Colony of Atorea, and The Community of Colonial State of Atorea
If you have an RP, and you want members, I will gladly like for you to TG me!!!!!
[Surl=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=262602]Member of the Western Coalition[/url]

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:11 am

Atorea wrote:

Atorean Station

Atorean Military forces in South Rothanzil have finally landed in the Invaded Areas of SR. We request any WC members to join, as an invader to help invade the SR.

OOC: This is a news thread, not a message. put something like:
Atorean Military forces in South Rothanzil have finally landed in the Invaded Areas of SR. The government has sent out a request for Western Coalition members to assist our forces in the region. As of yet, no reply has been recieved, but we will bring you more on this story as it develops.
or something like that. And try to make longer posts, not just one or two liners.

Proud Esquarian!

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:23 am

Paketain news network

A new budget has been passed by the Government today. The military remained the biggest receiver of funds and the Democrats Obamacare was shot down again. The Democrats have tried to pass Obama care for 6 years and the our Great conservative Republicans keep stopping it. The new budget has many people rejoicing as it was passed two days before the deadline. We will continue providing details when they become available
Last edited by Paketo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:35 am

The protests continue. The government voted to neglect to have a conference with the other members of the WC. this has outraged the protesters, but they were later calmed when the Gibberish government issued a statement saying that they would not, under any circumstances, pass this into law or use this as a way of spying, except if we are at war with the nation concerned. The protesters are leaving the streets, slowly, but surely, and normal commuting is expected to return in two to three hours. Other nations of the WC are preparing to do the same.

In other news, Paketo, our neighboring country, shot down the Obamacare law proposed in their senate. Although this was anticipated, most analysts are relieved that this law was not passed. The WC nation of Atorea has also requested Western Coalition aid in their Invasion of South Rozinthil, and the government is preparing to vote on the subject. Some people see this as a violation in inter-alliance law, which, according to them dictates that allies must help allies under any circumstances. However, it has been clearly stated by the government that since Atorea is the aggressor, they will have to vote, although analysts say that we will probably end up helping the Atoreans.

Proud Esquarian!

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:53 am

OOC: How do i post that image?
Last edited by Erich von Manstein on June 9, 1973, edited 24 times in total

MGSV: The Phantom Pain hype! Game of the decade!

The United Federations
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Federations » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:52 pm

G.U.N. Navy Officials have made a statement on the topic of the two newest additions to the fleet.
"The G.U.N. Navy has completed and deployed the two newest aircraft carriers as the new flagships of the 1st and 2nd Fleets. With the completion of these two newest ships, the 1st and 2nd Fleets will be able to ensure complete dominance on our East and West Coasts, deterring any attacker from striking at the homeland in any situation." stated Navy Spokesperson Gerard Dantios. In response to the question of whether these ships would be used as attacking ships in Navy Task Forces, Dantios responded, "In no way shape or form will we move these carriers from the 1st and 2nd Fleets, they are the flagships of these fleets respectively, and their designed purpose is to ensure naval and air dominance along the entirety of the coasts, to move them to attack another nation would only weaken ourselves and leave us vulnerable to attack."

Design of new carriers incredibly similar to this design

In other news, the U.F. Government has sent a special envoy under Secretary of State Patterson to Atorea to discuss the recent invasion of South Rothanzil by the WC member and if any assistance would be required through military action. If the Atorean Government requests that the U.F. participates, the Senate would be expected to vote in favor of supporting them in military action.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Paketain News Network

Breaking News, a assassin has attempted to kill President MacArthur. The assassin failed thankfully. When secret service entered the Presidents room this morning, the assassin's body was found severely beaten and shot in the chest and head 25 times. The President was just sleeping in his bed. A interview with President MacArthur found out that the assassin entered his room at 12:30 last night and tried to kill him with a knife. The assassin woke the President up though and MacArthur wrestled the assassin before beating him to a pulp. The President then shot the assassin with the entire clip of a M4 Carbine. The assassin has been linked to the terrorist group Al Qaeda. The Military has launched a attack on the country if Sharima hitch is ruled by Al Qaeda. Air strikes have begun and 50,000 marines are on there way to invade. The Government has made no request for support of the WC. We will continue reporting on this topic as info becomes available. In other news, the Government has pledged support of Atorea in there war. 4 squadrons of fighter-bombers are sent and 500 TigerEagles with the 514th air Calvary
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Gibberish Broadcasting Corporation

Parliament has voted not to intervene in South Rozinthil on Atorea's behalf, but peacekeeping troops will be sent to protect Gibberan's assets in the nation. Member of Parliament C.P. Eastwood has commented on the descision:
Eastwood: We have no reason whatsoever to intervene in SR [South Rozanthil]. I think this is on everyone's mind, but no one is saying it, that Atorea is a dictatorship, the aggressor in this conflict, invading South Rozinthil. We're not able to take action against them because they are a member of this alliance, although we have no plans of assisting them militarily.

Journalist: What is the government's official stance?

Eastwood: Well, officially, we're leaning towards Atorea, but unofficially, many of us have sympathies to SR. That's my observation again. The government won't admit this. Maybe I'm not supposed to say that, but its just my opinion.

What do you think this means? Comment on the GBC or WCANS message boards for your opinion.

Proud Esquarian!

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Korongolese Government Provides Financial Aid To Atorean Invasion
Atorean Tank in South Rothanzil
FAIRMOUNT SPRINGS, NK - During a normal session of Parliament held this morning, the Korongolese government voted in favour of providing Imperium of Atorea with five billion Pounds worth of financial aid to support their invasion of South Rothanzil. This financial aid package has received commendation, mainly from supporters of the Royalist Party, and condemnation, mainly from peace groups. In a press conference initiated at noon Minister of Defence James Strickland described the financial aid package to the public. “The five billion Pound financial aid package is being sent to the government of Atorea under the South Rothanzil Conflict Allied Support Act which was passed by the Parliament this morning. The intention is for the government of Atorea to use these funds to supply and maintain combat operations in the South Rothanzil Conflict. The decision to send financial aid was made as an alternative to deploying a Korongolese military intervention force which is inadvisable at this late stage in the conflict.” He refused to respond to questions raised by the press concerning the justification of Atorea’s participation in the conflict, which has been described as an violent imperialistic land grab by some Korongolese political commentators.

The leader of the National Korongolese Committee of Peace, Jessica Lockhart, made a public television appearance at around 1:00 pm to voice the NKCP’s position on the financial aid package. “The wise followers of peace and prosperity united under the National Korongolese Committee of Peace can do nothing but stand back dumbfounded by the government’s decision to support a brutal dictatorship in an unjustified invasion of an innocent territory. We must demand that the Parliament of the United Provinces of New Korongo immediately reverse their decision, for the good of the Korongolese populace and the world.” She said during her broadcast. Sarah Blake, the leader of the Royalist Party, dismissed Lockhart's claims stating that she is a naive person who does not understand global politics. In addition to establishing a presence on television, members of the NKCP also began protesting on the steps of the Parliament Building today. So far the Fairmount Springs Division of the Unified Korongolese Police is maintaining close watch on the protests, aiming to ensure that violence does not break out.

Atorea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atorea » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Atorean Division

Hans Skarfeild here and here is, Atorean News, During a speech today, Military Commander in Cheif has said this:

....... We are looked down apon, because we are a dictatorship. They think we are war like, but we aren't..... we are aproaching a day in this world where we may be hated because of our political government......

Adressing the SR situation:
We have decided to invaded South Rothanzil

Adressing the Giberish news report, here Parliament has voted not to intervene in South Rozinthil on Atorea's behalf, but peacekeeping troops will be sent to protect Gibberan's assets in the nation. Member of Parliament C.P. Eastwood has commented on the descision:

-Snip-

that Atorea is a dictatorship, the aggressor in this conflict, invading South Rozinthil:

Commander: Yes we are a dictatorship. Do not make the mistake of looking down apon our great nation because of it. We are a dicatatorship because it is better for our nation..............We are helping invade South Rothanzil because of what they did to the Gulf Empire. We wanted to get involved on the international stage, being a better nation, uniting our people under a common flag, a common enemy. It is a strategy to get the people proud of their nation...... Good night.

SPORTS SECTION, REGARDING THE WESTERN COALITION

The Atorean Foreign Affairs Minister, Kevin Brian, has passed a decision to invite all Western Coalition Nations into the International Hockey League (here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=265034).
Last edited by Atorea on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colonies: The Dominion of The Colony of Atorea, and The Community of Colonial State of Atorea
If you have an RP, and you want members, I will gladly like for you to TG me!!!!!
[Surl=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=262602]Member of the Western Coalition[/url]

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:13 pm

An anonymous Atorean official have commented on MP Eastwood's previous comment:
Yes we are a dictatorship. Do not make the mistake of looking down apon our great nation because of it. We are a dicatatorship because it is better for our nation..............We are helping invade South Rothanzil because of what they did to the Gulf Empire. We wanted to get involved on the international stage, being a better nation, uniting our people under a common flag, a common enemy. It is a strategy to get the people proud of their nation...... Good night.

In other news, Atorea has invited the Gibberish Hockey League to join the International Hockey League, headquartered in Atorea. The Gibberish League is currently debating the subject.

MESSAGE BOARDS
Sam J: I cant believe we are considering joining this. Gibberan must be allowed to roam free
Reply: Ethan M: Atorea is our ally. Even if they're a dictatorship, they are WC membernations
Reply: Samantha P: Ditto

Proud Esquarian!

Atorea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atorea » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Atorean Division

Hello, and this is Hans Skarfeild, with some news from foreign affairs Kevin Brian. Kevin Brian has requested a meeting with the Gibberish President, to discuss Ator-Giber relations. He has said that the Giberrish government may fear, or dis respect Atorea because Atorea is a dictatorship. Kevin Brian says:

Giberan may fear or hate Atorea because we are a dictatorship, but I beleive they shouldn't. We want to have stronger international ties with Giberan to further their knowledge on dictatorships. We do not beleive in genocidal acts like other dictatorships, we are better, and wiser. Well, I got to go, good night.

The United Federations
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby The United Federations » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:32 pm

In recent news, the United Federations participation in the Western Coalition's Semiannual War Games has been suspended, in a surprising statement by Commander Abraham Tower of G.U.N.

"In an unfortunate event, the divisions sent to participate in the WC War Games were delayed at their deployment, and due to this, have fallen so far behind in starting that it has been deemed that the forces will not be participating due to this. With only 24 hours left in the game, the lack of simulated conflict they would see and the lack of a starting location for the forces has left me no choice but to have the ground forces stand down. As an ending to the events, the G.U.N. Air Force will attempt to launch simulated attacks against targets, however there will be no simulated ground combat for G.U.N. forces."

While this is saddening that G.U.N. forces will not be participating, representatives of the military will be meeting with other military leaders of the WC to discuss strategies of defense of the Coalition.

In other news, the U.F. Senate has voted in favor of selling weapons and financially aiding the nation of Atorea in its conflict against South Rozinthil

"It is the Senate's decision to support the Atoreans in this conflict. As an ally and member of the WC, it is our duty to support the member states with any conflict in any situation. The goal of this is to show all WC nations that the United Federations is dedicated to the defense and support of all members."

While not a surprising vote, many in the U.F. are content with the decision of the Senate, as it supports the WC members without directly threatening G.U.N. forces in what would be seen as an unnecessary war to participate in.

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Breaking News. In the denying of the M45 Asteroid Incident in the Ramden Islands, Mysterious happenings have occurred on the island.
U.K.A forces on the island have repeatedly reported seeing "things with red eyes" or "Aliens" on the island. UKSC forces are being sent to the island to
investigate the incident. On to further news, Atorea is invading South Rozinthil. We are remaining neutral on the conflict.
UKA forces have switched their weapons quite a lot. They are using, the SCAR, M12 Nova, Feline SMG, and Gauss Gun.
Last edited by Marsisian on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:55 pm

[/quote]
It has been revealed that the United Federations is withdrawing from the Western Coalition Semi-Annual War Games. As stated by a UF official:
"In an unfortunate event, the divisions sent to participate in the WC War Games were delayed at their deployment, and due to this, have fallen so far behind in starting that it has been deemed that the forces will not be participating due to this. With only 24 hours left in the game, the lack of simulated conflict they would see and the lack of a starting location for the forces has left me no choice but to have the ground forces stand down. As an ending to the events, the G.U.N. Air Force will attempt to launch simulated attacks against targets, however there will be no simulated ground combat for G.U.N. forces."

In other news, a large meteorite has impacted near the nation of Marsisian. Gibberish officials are sending out a search part to investigate. More on this story as it develops.

OOC:This isn't the real world, there are no phillipines

Proud Esquarian!

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Gibberan wrote:

It has been revealed that the United Federations is withdrawing from the Western Coalition Semi-Annual War Games. As stated by a UF official:

In other news, a large meteorite has impacted near the nation of Marsisian. Gibberish officials are sending out a search part to investigate. More on this story as it develops.

OOC:This isn't the real world, there are no phillipines[/quote]
OOC: Changed it.

New Korongo
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Korongolese Air Force Releases Radar Data To Gibberish Officials
A Radar Station of the Advanced Tracking Network
FORT JENNIFER, NK - Representatives of the Unreo Provincir Cimmo Untead (United Provinces Air Force) announced at a press conference held in Fort Jennifer this morning that the Air Force has chosen to release radar tracking data to Gibberish officials searching for the meteorite which is believed to have crashed into the region yesterday afternoon. “As the United Provinces is a member of the Western Coalition, it is the duty of the Korongolese military to cooperate with other member states in both times of peace and war. We have therefore chosen to release tracking data of the meteorite recorded by the Advanced Tracking Network to Gibberish officials. The tracking data will include the path of the meteorite between its entry into Earth’s atmosphere and the time it disappeared off radar at an altitude of one kilometre, as well as a projected impact site.” Junior Air Marshal James Bockdeie, the officer in charge of the Advanced Tracking network, said during the press conference. Bockdeie also made it very clear during the press conference that this release of tracking data will in no way threaten the national security of the United Provinces, most likely in an attempt to appease members of the Royalist Party. “The tracking data which has been released to Gibberish officials contains no information on our armed forces, or our military satellite network. This will in no way, shape or form threaten the security of our nation." He claimed.

Members of New Korongo’s scientific community have praised the Air Force’s decision to release this radar tracking data, claiming that the rest of the armed forces should also contribute to more peaceful sciences. “The release this important tracking data to Gibberish officials is an important example of a military branch contributing to the scientific knowledge of not only the nation, but the entire world. The Alliance of Korongolese Scientists commends the efforts of the Air Force, and we also hope that other military forces will soon follow their example.” Adam Blackwater, the CEO of the Alliance of Korongolese Scientists, announced on Fairmount Springs Radio today. Supporters of the Royalist Party were not as impressed by the actions of the Air Force, and several more extreme supporters have begun protesting outside the steps of parliament. They believe that the release of this radar tracking data undermines the security of the nation, despite the fact that Air Marshal Bockdeie has stated that no damaging information will be contained within the tracking data released to Gibberish officials.
Last edited by New Korongo on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Today, a group of 7 UKMC marines were shot at with burning plasma shots, and the shooters, for the first time in history, were aliens.
This is an exciting discovery, this is the 1st time we have encountered aliens. We are sending the G.E.F.B (Government Enforcement Federal Branch)
to destroy the alien threat. General John Parker, the leader of the UKMC, is planning an invasion of the Ramden Islands with his Marines.

The United Federations
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby The United Federations » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:05 pm

In breaking news, Marsisian Military Forces have confirmed reports of making contact with an alien race. As firefights broke out between the aliens and the UKMC, reports are confirming a second asteroid approaching the planet that is of the same composition as the first. The President has made a statement.

"In the last 24 hours, the world has been visited by extraterrestrials, and was attacked by said extraterrestrials. Now, scientists have discovered a second asteroid that is exactly identical to the one that landed in the Ramden Islands. It is with the information gathered so far about the incident that I will be ordering the second asteroid to be completely destroyed before it enters the planet's orbit. This may seem extreme, however we are dealing with a clear threat that has proven itself hostile to allies of the WC and humanity. With this, we will be using our most powerful weapon to destroy this coming asteroid, and all other confirmed extraterrestrial threats. The security of the nation, the WC, and the world will be upheld at all costs."

This statement by President Harling has led many to believe this will be the policy with dealing with all alien life, however as stated by the government, policy is to engage in peaceful relations with any extraterrestrial life unless attacked by said extraterrestrials.

New Korongo
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Marsisian Reports of Alien Activity Dismissed By Korongolese Government
Members of the Parliament at the Press Announcement
FAIRMOUNT SPRINGS, NK - Less than an hour after the government of Marsisian confirmed reports of an alien planetary incursion, representatives of the Korongolese Parliament subsequently dismissed the reports during a press briefing held this afternoon. “The government of the United Provinces, and indeed the nations of the world, eagerly await the day when we as a species are given the opportunity to communicate and establish diplomatic relations with another sentient species originating from another planet. However, today is not this day. The outrageous reports originating from Marsisian can be described as nothing more than complete work of fiction created by newspapers which are unable to fill their pages with real pieces of journalism. Seriously, what logical and rational person would believe absurd claims, it is as if they have been ripped straight out of a science-fiction videogame. I also strongly urge the governments of the world to dismiss the reports of alien activity. While the meteorite is of scientific interest, it is certainly not an invasion ship and there is absolutely no alien activity in Marsisian.” Sarah Blake, the leader of the Royalist Party and the coalition which currently leads the Korongolese Parliament, said to the Korongolese press in her stern dismissal of alien related reports.

Most Korongolese citizens have accepted the government’s dismissal, and few actually believed that the Marsisian reports were true in the first place. However, James Marshal, a retired colonel of the Air Force now in his nineties, received much attention in the capital after claiming that the government was lying to the people with the aid of a powerful megaphone. “Do not listen to them, we actually face aliens, it happened in the 40s and it is happening again! You must force them to shut down the gate and prepare for all-out war!” He shouted outside the parliament building today with his megaphone. Government officials have commended the old timer for getting out of the retirement home for some exercise in the capital, and have advised that other elder citizens should do the same to improve their health and well-being.

In other news, a squadron of B-1B Lancer strategic bombers operating from Mount Hagen Military Aerodrome conducted the first combat ready nuclear deterrence flight since collapse of Anthony Delasanta earlier today. While aircraft patrols are relatively normal, in fact they are a standard mission of the Korongolese Air Force, these bombers are armed with nuclear weapons throughout their patrol. According to the Air Force, this is a long range patrol that will fly in the sea between Marsisian and New Korongo. Also, there have been reports of strange light streams flowing into the sky from out of a Korongolese military base on Nordenfelt Island, New Korongo's northernmost island. Representatives of the base security team have stated that these are nothing more than aircraft lights being diffracted in the fog. Finally, a visitor from overseas named Giorgio Tsoukalos has apparently been kidnapped while visiting archeological sites in the central United Provinces. Police have announced that they do not intend to mount a search.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:31 pm

In breaking news, a new drug has been discovered by scientists. This new drug using red dine extract, herbs, and minerals has been proven to increase life expectancy. Dr. Haily, founder of the drug, had thus to say "this new drug will improve the life of everyone in Paketo and the world". Sales are through the roof for this drug. In other news, the government of Marsisian has claimed to find aliens but thus claim has been dismissed by the government. "The only alien life found so far is bacteria" said President MacArthur "thus is just another country wanting attention".
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:14 pm

The Gibberish Equalist Party has launched another march on the streets of Gibber. Upton Street has been completely filled with party members, dominated by the party's political army, the Equalist Party Armada, nicknamed Blueshirts. Although riot police have been dispatched, they have orders not to fire on the demonstrators for one reason; Even though the Republic as well as the Western Coalition is opposed to Communist, Fascist, or Equalist forces because of their totalitarianism, due to Article V: Free Speech in the Gibberish constitution, they are prevented from disrpting a non-violent rally, which has angered both Liberals and Conservative party members in the country, who call for an amendment banning 'the evil and ungodly forces' of the Equalists. As of now, there has been no violence, but party members are massing by the thousands, and these kinds of marches have ended in small clashes in the cities of Foltz and Taurinopolis.

More on this story as it develops. This is the Gibberish Broadcasting Service, of the Western Coalition Associated News Service.

Proud Esquarian!

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:00 pm

BREAKING NEWS
EQUALIST MARCH STOPPED AFTER RIOTS
"They shall not pass" was the slogan continually shouted on Gibberish streets on Sunday morning and referring to the Equalist march of uniformed men which had been advertised to take place during the afternoon. As the march drew nearer, excitement grew, and great crowds gathered at the strategic points of the march. A battle royal raged in the neighbourhood of Cabletown as the Equalists began marching. Armed Equalist tried to clear a path through the crowd with gunfire; scores at people were injured and this went on for another four attempts to break the crowd. Then just as the marchers were about to go a fifth, High Marshal James Mosley, Equalist Leader, was informed by Sir Phillip Game; Commissioner of police, that the march must be abandoned. The Fascists thereupon marched westwards to the Embankment, where they dispersed.

The meeting led, as Conservative and Liberal party leaders and regional mayors had told the Home Secretary during the previous week that It would lead, to serious clashes, and they were right. The Equalists had assembled the biggest force ever seen in Gibberan, and 'Blueshirts', as their paramilitary forces were called, came from divisions all over the country. That even their concentration of seven thousand men would have been unavailing had the march continued was the general impression.

At two o'clock in the afternoon the Equalists began to gather at Tower Hill. The first part of Mosley's bodyguard arrived in special vans with barred windows. As they jumped from these vehicles, the crowds' gathered on the historic hill surged forward. The Blueshirts were compelled to draw their weapons and charge the crowd, driving them into side streets. Sir Phillip Game had his headquarters in a street off Tower Hill. Overhead a police aeroplane flew, keeping observation. Riot Police were dispatched, but due to the march, they were unable to arrive in time. By half-past three hundred casualties, women amongst them, had been treated at Leman street police station only. The more serious casualties were immediately evacuated to the Foltz Provisional Hospital.

Altogether some hundred and two Equalist arrests were made. On Tower Hill during the early part of the afternoon, Equalists and their opponents both had their own dressing stations. where casualties were treated. After it was over, iron bars, chair-legs wrapped with barbed wire, and broken bottles were picked up from the gutters.

There was tremendous excitement at Cable-street, down whose narrow width it was expected that Mosley and his blueshirts would pass. There large numbers of people joined in the erection of a great barricade. Lorries were donated from their anti-Equalist owners and dragged from a neighbouring yard and overturned in the street. This was the foundation of a barricade which was added to with barrels, corrugated iron, lengths of timber, and piles of bricks. The Equalists tried to stop the men, but were met with a shower of bricks.

As they retreated paving stones were torn out of the pavement and piled against the barricade to strengthen it. The Equalists later returned with reinforcements, a baton charge was made, and when the street was clear again they had the task of taking down a formidable structure. Several hours later, piles of timber, bricks and barrels and iron roofing beside the road, and pavements with gaping spaces where there should have been stones, looked like the aftermath of an intense military siege. Before the barricade, those who had erected it had scattered broken glass in front, to check the Equalists' cars' tires.

More on this story as it develops
Last edited by Gibberan on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Proud Esquarian!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information