NATION

PASSWORD

CYOE IV: Poll Now Open

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who would you like for CYOE 5's OP?

Celritannia
9%
Paragania
4%
New Visegrad
4%
New Tsavon
32%
Korva
28%
Bratislavskaya
4%
NirvashTypeTheEND
8%
Kouralia
11%

Total votes : 114

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Wolohanistan wrote:I've just realised this would be better to post here.
(Image)
1. Trooper in the service of The Ministry of State Security
Troops directly answerable to only the MSS. Compared to other members of the armed forces, MSS troopers are motivated and well equipped. The State Security troops are usually recruited from volunteer and conscripted troops from the regular army that show a semblance of aptitude.
2. National Serviceman (Light Infantry)
This conscript has been terribly unlucky and has ended up in one of Cokaygne's Light Infantry Regiments. Unlike his motorised comrades, he'll have to patrol hundreds of miles of cornfields and pasture on foot.
3. Yeoman
Yeoman take the role of a paramilitary police force that act as Dragoons in times of war. Historically, the Yeomen were held in high esteem. However, since the establishment of the junta they are almost universally hated. Like the majority of the Yeomanry, this yeoman is equipped for rural patrols.
4. Militiaman
Everyone in Cokaygne must do their duty at the age of 18 and enter National Service. If a person decides to serve in the civil sector they will still be expected to maintain a certain level of combat readiness. As a result, this individual will waste a great deal of his free time practicing rifle drill. The militia is almost always equipped with obsolete equipment, it is not unheard of for ancient breech-loaders to be issued to Militiamen in particularly destitute areas.
5. Parachutist
Like MSS troops, the Parachute regiments are composed entirely of volunteers and are reasonably well equipped. As a result, they are often targeted by thieving conscripts looking to get their hands on webbing that isn't at least twice their age.
6. Yeoman; Counter-Banditry
Due to the vastness and poor living standards of Cokaygne, banditry and the production of illegal substances continues to be a problem. All Yeomen selected for Counter-Banditry duty are deployed to areas far from their home, as local Yeoman will often engage in illegal activity themselves. This one has wisely decided to conceal his identity.
7. MSS; Rapid Reaction Force
This MSS trooper is a member of the infamous RRF which on paper is Cokaygne's Counter-Terrorist force. More recently, they have been used to settle power struggles within the junta. The trooper's heavy armour is intended to be worn for short periods in urban engagements and is likely the reason why the RRF has the highest occurrence of spinal compression in the armed forces.
8.National Serviceman; Tank Regiment
This serviceman will likely be a crewman for what are affectionately know as "Conscript Coffins", an obsolete tank barely suitable for modern combat. Volunteer regiments are far more likely to receive an adequate vehicle. In quieter times, he will likely find himself repairing tractors on a nationalised farm.
9. Yeoman; Urban Duty
This yeoman is deployed to an urban area and is equipped with an SMG so that he is able to arbitrarily apply justice while on patrol in the slums.

1. I don't see any RIS on this "well-equipped" soldier. I would recommend you add Surefire tactical lights, PEQ-2 laser spot illuminators, and possibly a foregrip for better handling in close quarters. Don't forget NODS so he can see at night!
2. If he's marching he really shouldn't be wearing that heavy load, that'll just cause joint and back injury in the future. You should probably just give him a loincloth and some leather shields for maximum strategic-operational mobility of light infantry in the vein of the Zulus.
3. I don't know why he has a lever action AKMs are pretty cheap all guns are only about $20 if you keep up with actual manufacturing costs and the most expensive part of a gun is the steel anyway. No reason he shouldn't be using an AKM (NOT an AK-47, though, only two of those ever existed :ugeek: :ugeek: ).
4. Breechloaders SERIOUSLY?! :rofl: :roll: Are you going to start issuing percussion cap muzzle rifles now?! :clap: :clap:
5. He has no denison smock how can you tell he is a para? No beret? All paras wear berets, everyone knows this.
6. Same as 1. Camo looks better though, everyone knows patterns on camo is just going to ruin the shading.
7. Uh this isn't Call of Duty soldiers don't WEAR that kind of armour in COMBAT you'd sweat your balls off and melt like Jack Frost in a tanning booth! Not very RAPID or HIGH SPEED or REACTIONARY! Seems pretty FAT and SLOW and REVOLUTIONARY!
8. Uh where are his spurs and cavalry stetson how is he supposed to SPUR the tankmen into action if he can't spur the backs of their heads?
9. This is the only good one. Description and everything is A+.

1/10 would review again ~squiggly lines~

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Gallia- on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolohanistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolohanistan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Gallia- wrote:
(Image)
Troops directly answerable to only the MSS. Compared to other members of the armed forces, MSS troopers are motivated and well equipped. The State Security troops are usually recruited from volunteer and conscripted troops from the regular army that show a semblance of aptitude.
This conscript has been terribly unlucky and has ended up in one of Cokaygne's Light Infantry Regiments. Unlike his motorised comrades, he'll have to patrol hundreds of miles of cornfields and pasture on foot.
3. Yeoman
Yeoman take the role of a paramilitary police force that act as Dragoons in times of war. Historically, the Yeomen were held in high esteem. However, since the establishment of the junta they are almost universally hated. Like the majority of the Yeomanry, this yeoman is equipped for rural patrols.
4. Militiaman
Everyone in Cokaygne must do their duty at the age of 18 and enter National Service. If a person decides to serve in the civil sector they will still be expected to maintain a certain level of combat readiness. As a result, this individual will waste a great deal of his free time practicing rifle drill. The militia is almost always equipped with obsolete equipment, it is not unheard of for ancient breech-loaders to be issued to Militiamen in particularly destitute areas.
5. Parachutist
Like MSS troops, the Parachute regiments are composed entirely of volunteers and are reasonably well equipped. As a result, they are often targeted by thieving conscripts looking to get their hands on webbing that isn't at least twice their age.
Due to the vastness and poor living standards of Cokaygne, banditry and the production of illegal substances continues to be a problem. All Yeomen selected for Counter-Banditry duty are deployed to areas far from their home, as local Yeoman will often engage in illegal activity themselves. This one has wisely decided to conceal his identity.
This MSS trooper is a member of the infamous RRF which on paper is Cokaygne's Counter-Terrorist force. More recently, they have been used to settle power struggles within the junta. The trooper's heavy armour is intended to be worn for short periods in urban engagements and is likely the reason why the RRF has the highest occurrence of spinal compression in the armed forces.
This serviceman will likely be a crewman for what are affectionately know as "Conscript Coffins", an obsolete tank barely suitable for modern combat. Volunteer regiments are far more likely to receive an adequate vehicle. In quieter times, he will likely find himself repairing tractors on a nationalised farm.
9. Yeoman; Urban Duty
This yeoman is deployed to an urban area and is equipped with an SMG so that he is able to arbitrarily apply justice while on patrol in the slums.

1. I don't see any RIS on this "well-equipped" soldier. I would recommend you add Surefire tactical lights, PEQ-2 laser spot illuminators, and possibly a foregrip for better handling in close quarters. Don't forget NODS so he can see at night!
2. If he's marching he really shouldn't be wearing that heavy load, that'll just cause joint and back injury in the future. You should probably just give him a loincloth and some leather shields for maximum strategic-operational mobility of light infantry in the vein of the Zulus.
3. I don't know why he has a lever action AKMs are pretty cheap all guns are only about $20 if you keep up with actual manufacturing costs and the most expensive part of a gun is the steel anyway. No reason he shouldn't be using an AKM (NOT an AK-47, though, only two of those ever existed :ugeek: :ugeek: ).
4. Breechloaders SERIOUSLY?! :rofl: :roll: Are you going to start issuing percussion cap muzzle rifles now?! :clap: :clap:
5. He has no denison smock how can you tell he is a para? No beret? All paras wear berets, everyone knows this.
6. Same as 1. Camo looks better though, everyone knows patterns on camo is just going to ruin the shading.
7. Uh this isn't Call of Duty soldiers don't WEAR that kind of armour in COMBAT you'd sweat your balls off and melt like Jack Frost in a tanning booth! Not very RAPID or HIGH SPEED or REACTIONARY! Seems pretty FAT and SLOW and REVOLUTIONARY!
8. Uh where are his spurs and cavalry stetson how is he supposed to SPUR the tankmen into action if he can't spur the backs of their heads?
9. This is the only good one. Description and everything is A+.

1/10 would review again ~squiggly lines~

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi Mr.Tsun

I have reviewed your biting riposte and it seems I have made some severe errors! In the near future I will be applying this useful advice. Thank you for your honest and valuable criticism.

Kindest regards,
W.Olo.
groovy GROOVY grovey govey govy gov go grooovy
Deviant Art

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Wolo H. Anistan,

I've received your reply and am quite happy you've taken my suggestions. I hope to continue this productive, high value-add relationship between our firms in the near future. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask on the forum or contact me at kat.tsun@gayla.co.fr any time between 0800-1800 M-R. Thanks!

Kat Tsun,
Assistant Manager for Sperg
Department of Spergery and Sperg Marketing
SPG, Inc.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Guess what this is!
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Doppio Giudici wrote:(Image)

Guess what this is!

something something i don't see ol' painless.
this guy is a fucking furry and a therian
Btw, here's my IC flag

"Purp go to bed." - Nirvash Type TheEnd

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Yukonastan wrote:

Guess what this is!

Well now it's likely the last thing my computer will ever do. It's dead for reals now.

RIP Lappy.

Oh and it's the units from C&C Tiberian Dawn.
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Doppio Giudici wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:

Well now it's likely the last thing my computer will ever do. It's dead for reals now.

RIP Lappy.

Oh and it's the units from C&C Tiberian Dawn.

RIP Doppio's computer whenever-2014

You shall (probably) not be missed (for long).
Btw, here's my IC flag

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:03 am

(Image)
3. Yeoman
4. Militiaman
5. Parachutist
9. Yeoman; Urban Duty

looks really neat-
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Gear 1
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gear 1 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:55 am

Guess what this is!

Funny how a Minigunner is carrying an M16 or AK, and not a Minigun.
"Of all the things I have done in my life, that which I am most proud of is that I have served my family, community, country and my countrymen as a member of the United States Navy."

I am a Staunch Nationalist. "Citizens Come Before All Others."

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:02 am

2tru
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:34 am

Last edited by The IASM on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:47 am

Thanks Korva. ICly the character was raised in a western realm with the same privileges as a crown prince and he adapted to the culture pretty well.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:52 am

Gear 1 wrote:

Guess what this is!

Funny how a Minigunner is carrying an M16 or AK, and not a Minigun.

That's what I said.
Btw, here's my IC flag

Novorden
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Novorden » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:44 am

[WIP]

Kouralia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:49 am

so much sex from RB

Logo of the Kouralian Treasury Guard. Totally not an :NS: Guardia di Finanza. Here have some ranks.

These guys are basically the scariest tax collectors ever, b/c they have attack helicopters and warships.
Kouralia:

Novorden
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Novorden » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:34 am

Kouralia wrote:These guys are basically the scariest tax collectors ever, b/c they have attack helicopters and warships.

Thanks

Why would tax collectors need helicopters?

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:35 am

Novorden wrote:
Kouralia wrote:These guys are basically the scariest tax collectors ever, b/c they have attack helicopters and warships.

Thanks

The Kuomintang used to have a Tax Police as well, iirc.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:35 am

Novorden wrote:

Thanks

They need attack helicopters and warships to collect tax from those who evade tax by hiding their assets in a tax haven.

teal deer: To invade tax havens.
Btw, here's my IC flag

Kouralia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:47 am

Novorden wrote:

Thanks

As they're not the Guardia di Finanza, their remit covers...

...primarily economic crimes, or those which 'threaten the integrity, passage and security of public and official monies, as held by the Treasury'. This includes, but is not limited to: tax evasion, financial crimes, smuggling, money laundering, international illegal drug trafficking, illegal immigration, Admiralty and Maritime Law Enforcement, customs and borders checks, copyright violations, Serious Organised Crime operations, credit card fraud, cybercrime, counterfeiting, terrorist financing, maintaining public order and safety, and patrolling of the Kouralian borders.
Kouralia:

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:50 am

Anyway, something I'm getting inspired to create.

Yes, that's a P38 and M1911 that have interbred. Mechanism is short-recoil, frame is styled after 1911, slide styled after P38.
Feeds BHP-styled magazines, firing (what else?) 7.2x24mm.
Btw, here's my IC flag

Ardavia
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardavia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:58 am

Yukonastan wrote:Anyway, something I'm getting inspired to create.
(Image)

Yes, that's a P38 and M1911 that have interbred. Mechanism is short-recoil, frame is styled after 1911, slide styled after P38.
Feeds BHP-styled magazines, firing (what else?) 7.2x24mm.

t-t-t-t

wat

wat
professional contrarian
for: whatever you are against
against: whatever you are for

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Novorden wrote:(Image)
[WIP]

Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Graditora wrote:
Novorden wrote:(Image)
[WIP]

*changes pants*
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information