NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country, Type-9 [Read OP pl0x]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who should OP the next MMW thread?

Yes I am Biop
9%
Ulfr-Reich
19%
Vareiln
3%
Coltarin
8%
Risen Britannia
49%
Beano
13%

Total votes : 78

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Thu May 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Yes.
Recoil might be as well, but I'm not certain.

>is it self loading?
>Does it harness gases from bullet?
>Gas-operated.

Any questions for a SMG/MP/PDW post in general? Because I am bored as shit.

Ever handled the MP7 Or P90? And how do they Compare to lets say the PP-19?
EDIT: GP
Last edited by Black Hand on Thu May 09, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Thu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Benomia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

I see you're completely unaware of how the G3 is loaded.

I said my original draft was a bullpup G3 with a G11 body. I never said that it still was.
This design is almost entirely completely original.

Why does this statement not surprise me?

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Thu May 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Is sevv's boberg/raffica hybrid in .40 cal?
Unreachable.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Benomia wrote:
I said my original draft was a bullpup G3 with a G11 body. I never said that it still was.
This design is almost entirely completely original.

Why does this statement not surprise me?

Why did you make assumptions based on something I didn't say?
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Thu May 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Benomia wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Relative to the action? No it isn't.
(Image)
If you converted that to a bullpup G3 the entire upper half of the body would be wasted, unused space. Because in a G11, that's where the ammunition goes.

Hence the very high ejection port & barrel, with the barrel basically going where the G11's magazine is.
Which, in turn, leads to a magazine that barely intrudes upon anything, F2000-style.

Since you're explaining how you'd put a G3 in a G11's frame, I'd say it was safe to assume you were basing this entirely off of the G3.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Thu May 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Benomia wrote:
Hence the very high ejection port & barrel, with the barrel basically going where the G11's magazine is.
Which, in turn, leads to a magazine that barely intrudes upon anything, F2000-style.

Since you're explaining how you'd put a G3 in a G11's frame, I'd say it was safe to assume you were basing this entirely off of the G3.

What?

Benomia wrote:My original draft was, for all intents and purposes, a G11 converted to 7.62 NATO, with its internals ripped out and replaced with a bullpup G3.

I never mentioned the G3 after that. Not sure what you're talking about.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Thu May 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Benomia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

What?

Benomia wrote:My original draft was, for all intents and purposes, a G11 converted to 7.62 NATO, with its internals ripped out and replaced with a bullpup G3.

Sorry; guess I didn't realize this was another one of your prototypes.

Again.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Thu May 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Benomia wrote:
What?

Sorry; guess I didn't realize this was another one of your prototypes.

Again.

This was what that post was referring to. Everything passed that point was evolving beyond the G3.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Thu May 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Is sevv's boberg/raffica hybrid in .40 cal?

Someone mentioned my name without me posting in the last few pages!

Yaaay, I'm relevant!

*basks in the glory for a few moments until remembering a question was asked"

The Morgan Machine Pistol (the Boberg/Raffica hybrid) is chambered for 9x19mm Parabellum, for sake of ammo commonality with the standard submachine gun. The reasoning behind this is that, since the general consensus seems to be that your odds of actually hitting a target under combat circumstances with a handgun are fairly low, a low-recoil round that can be fired with some degree of control on full-auto will increase the odds of hitting something.
Last edited by Sevvania on Thu May 09, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Thu May 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Is sevv's boberg/raffica hybrid in .40 cal?

Someone mentioned my name without me posting in the last few pages!

Yaaay, I'm relevant!

The Morgan Machine Pistol (the Boberg/Raffica hybrid) is chambered for 9x19mm Parabellum, for sake of ammo commonality with the standard submachine gun. The reasoning behind this is that, since the general consensus seems to be that your odds of actually hitting a target under combat circumstances with a handgun are fairly low, a low-recoil round that can be fired with some degree of control on full-auto will increase the odds of hitting something.

Gotta take that export potential into consideration man. That's probably one of the five best PMG creations that have ever been posted here.
Unreachable.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Postby Sevvania » Thu May 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Sevvania wrote:Someone mentioned my name without me posting in the last few pages!

Yaaay, I'm relevant!

Gotta take that export potential into consideration man. That's probably one of the five best PMG creations that have ever been posted here.

I wish I could take credit for it, but the original was actually by Robbe25 on Flickr. He allowed me to modify the design and use it here. The only bit of it I had a part in making was the stockless standard-capacity magazine variant.

4/1/13 - Never Forget

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Thu May 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Mylifeisalie
Unreachable.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Thu May 09, 2013 7:24 pm

Time for another...
Jesus, Puzikas, don't you have a life?
No
Now presenting....
Sub Machine guns, PDWs, and Machine Pistols: A look for idiots and pros.

Since the invention of repeating firearms, there has been a need for firepower to come in as small a package as it could for combat in closed quarters. In World War One, it was the trench. In the Great Patriotic War, it was most all of Europe's major cities. These two wars themselves solidified the Sub Machine Gun and Machine Pistol as a necessary small arm for confined space operations. Today, there isn't a military on earth I can think of that doesn't operate a Sub Machine Gun. As anyone who understands the basics of firearms will be able to tell you, SMGs have a significantly lower range when compared to a rifle, normally no more than 150-200 meters. This is where the next family comes in, Personal Defense Weapons, or PDWs.

Developed from the need of similar stopping power at closed quarters but with the advent of a longer reach, PDWs have taken the military and Law Enforcement small arms world by storm in a way. Each PDW offers space age looms with space age feel, and space age cost. Some, such as the Belgian made P-90 and the Russian made SR-2, fire rounds intended to be used in conjunction with a pistol. Most PDWs fire proprietary rounds, and exist as a middle ground between a carbine and a SMG. Typically, they are only suitable for engaging out to 250-350m.
In this post, I will be covering each of these categories from the point of view of someone who has shot fully automatic versions, and a lot of them, and outline their ins and outs. I'll also give you an overview of a folding SMGs, such as the PP-90 and FMG. In going to end with a statblock for my SMG/PDW, to streamline the post.

It is worth noting that these terms are not mutually exclusive.

Machine pistols, also called fully-automatic pistols and wrist breakers, are typically characterized by small size, compact nature, and normally very high rate of fire. Most see no major modification over the pistol series they are based off of, besides the advent of a fully automatic fire ability. Machine pistols were rather popular from the late 1800s to the early 1900s, and continue to be tofay, though their use has somewhat fallen from large favor. They typically are very difficult to handle on fully automatic without the shoulder stock that most include, but with practice it becomes manageable.

The two most famous machine pistols for most are the Glock model 18 (G18) and the C96 Mauser Broomhandle, specifically the M712 version. These are considered by many to be the classic Machine Pistol, though many versions exist. There is considered to be an overlap with SMGs with Machine Pistols, in what is commonly called a Compact SMG. Examples include the MP5K, Czech Vz. 61 and MP9.

Some argue the Machine pistol is a useless endeavor, and think it would be best if they were to be done away with. I think those people are less than smart. The Machine Pistol, I will admit, has a very small range of use, but it does indeed have some. Examples of this being VIP protection, use in extreme closed quarters (Ships) and for use with vehicle crews in some cases.
Pros of Machine Pistols include:
+Small overall size
+Generally lightweight
+ High rate of fire(can be a con)
Cos include:
-Low controllability
-Poor overall accuracy
-limited magazine capacity (typically 20 rounds)
-Lower power vs. SMGs and PDWs

Sub Machine Guns (SMGs) marry the pistol-caliber rounds into a rifle system, but more compact. Typically, these boast more power than MPs due to the longer barrels and their ability to accept much hotter ammunition than standard. This also gives them typically a longer range and better rate of accuracy, as well as a longer overall profile. Today, these are normally used by tactical teams for closed quarters, but have been popular since their come about in 1918. Since the 1940s, nearly every major military power has utilized the Sub Machine Gun, and after nearly 100 years there are no signs of the SMG slowing down; Quite the opposite really. As urbanization becomes larger, the need for SMGs grow. Most every military today fields a SMG for use by airmen, armor crewmen, MPs, naval shipmen, and officers.

SMGs are basically the bar by which most closed quarter weapons are measured, providing the best balance of power, armor penetration, capacity, simplicity, controllability, weight, maneuverability, reliability, and so on. They also boast being normally rifle patterned weapons, and as such require very little to no training to instruct basic dynamics, as oppose to the PDW and MP. The worlds most ubiquitous SMG is, by far, the H&K MP5: And for good reason. Considered to be the single best SMG in existence in many peoples opinion, the simple, ergonomic, and reliable MP5 has spawned numerous spin offs and clones the world over, and is used by the most elite special forces, from the British SAS to the United States DEVGRU. When H&K made this, they made it right. Also worth mentioning are WWII vintages of the German MP-38/40 (9x19), American Thompson (.45ACP) and Soviet PPSh-41 (7.62x25), while more modern examples would be the Russian PP-19(-01) and the FN P90, which is also considered by most to overlap into the field of PDW.
Pros of SMGs include:
+Increased power over their MP counterparts
+Increased controllability
+Increased magazine capacity
+Better overall accuracy
+Simplest transaction
Cons include:
-Not as compact as the MP
-still suffers from issues with “stopping power” compared to rifles
-Limited range

Now, as requested, I’m going to be covering a lesser-experienced weapon: the Folding Submachine Gun.
The Folding Submachine gun is a solution to a problem, but the problem just has not been given a name yet. Able to be disguised as an everyday item: A drill case, laptop battery, a small briefcase, ect, they have found a small niche market in undercover and VIP protective services, as well as among tactical fannatics. My experience with them is, odds are, higher than most peoples, and im going to be giving my slightly opinionated review of them as a total system.

The Folding SMG is notable very lightweight for its size, about 2.25kg when loaded, at 500mm and less than 35mm thick. Its slim profile makes it look like an everyday item at a glance. Up close however, it becomes obvious the FMG is not as it seems; however, this would still take a keen eye in order to recognize it as a firearm. The recoil impulse is reduced thanks to the slower firing rate, about 700 rounds per minute, and a light group of internal components. That said, the weapon is far from durable or accurate: in 1,200 rounds, I suffered about 10 malfunctions and over 15 stove pipes (I can assume as such it was poor ammunition, as the day went on the weapon improved), and reports of the weapon breaking were not uncommon. The accuracy, while stated at 50m, I found more appropriate at 25 meters. The service manual describes it as being for “unusual situations”. And thats exactly what this is good for: unusual situations, and nothing more. Similarly, the American version (FMG-9) suffers from similar issues according to several persons who have fired them, as well as cracked bodies.

Personal Defense Weapons (PDWs) are typically a middle ground between Carbines and Submachine Guns. Often firing a proprietary round, PDWs are typically employed for ranges out to 250m. PDWs outclass most SMGs in raw power and armor penetrating abilities, as well as occasionally being more compact in nature; however, this compactness is not always a good thing, some are so small they become uncomfortable to handle. Despite this, PDWs typically offer better accuracy at extended ranges, as well as an overall better energy retention. This comes at a cost however: The rounds typically generate more recoil than a traditional pistol round, and with those that do not, the platforms weight is typically higher than that of a comparable SMG.

When dealing with these more powerful rounds, we run into a serious risk that occasionally presents itself: Over penetration. The FN made P90, for example, fires a 5.7x28mm round, the armor piercing version of which can penetrate up a meter in a soft target. This issue may be moot, as it was done in a lab setting, which does not reflect a combat,or real world, setting.

PDWs are very capable CQC weapons, offering very good power and armor-penetrating abilities, as well as typically being only slightly larger than SMGs. They typically hold an equal amount of ammunition as a comparable SMG. However, a major drawback of these systems is the proprietary ammunition, but something that may improve in the future. The most common PDW in the world is most likely the P-90, a weapon I have fired but do not like, and as such can not give a good writing on it.

Pros of PDWs include:
+Good power
+Good capacity
+Better accuracy and range
Cons include:
-Lower maneuverability
-Higher recoil in closed quarters
-Proprietary ammunition.

ЗOКК-210
Закрыть оружие квартал, Калашникова-210
Close Quarters Weapon, Kalashnikov, series 210
Weight: 2.8kg
Length: 56.4cm
Barrel length: 32.0cm
Width: 60mm
Height: 20cm
Caliber: 7.62 Shipunov
Action: gas operated, rotating bolt
Rate of Fire: 800 rounds per minute
Muzzle Velocity: 750m/s
Effective range: 275m
Capacity: 30, 35, 40 round magazines

Developed in 2010 as a result on the Ministry of Defense's request for a PDW for the GSBC (Городская система боевых частях, Gorodskaya sistema boyevykh chastyakh, literally Urban Soldier Combat System) project, the ZOKK-210 is a classified program, because Puzikas is too lazy to write more about it tonight.
Last edited by Puzikas on Thu May 09, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Thu May 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Jesus Puzikas, don't you have a life?
Unreachable.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Thu May 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Jesus Puzikas, don't you have a life?

No.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu May 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Jesus Puzikas, don't you have a life?

No.

yes you do. It's nation states. You just don't have a life outside of here.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Boer Republics (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Boer Republics (Ancient) » Thu May 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Sevvania wrote:I wish I could take credit for it, but the original was actually by Robbe25 on Flickr. He allowed me to modify the design and use it here. The only bit of it I had a part in making was the stockless standard-capacity magazine variant.
(Image)

It's still a very nice creation. And I would totally issue it in .40 S&W.
VoorTrekker K9 Companion, Working, and Combat Dogs.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Postby Sevvania » Thu May 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Boer Republics wrote:
Sevvania wrote:I wish I could take credit for it, but the original was actually by Robbe25 on Flickr. He allowed me to modify the design and use it here. The only bit of it I had a part in making was the stockless standard-capacity magazine variant.
(Image)

It's still a very nice creation. And I would totally issue it in .40 S&W.

There are civilian versions of it chambered for other cartridges, but the standard military model is 9mm.

4/1/13 - Never Forget

Boer Republics (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Boer Republics (Ancient) » Thu May 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Boer Republics wrote:It's still a very nice creation. And I would totally issue it in .40 S&W.

There are civilian versions of it chambered for other cartridges, but the standard military model is 9mm.

Do you have storefront? I really like the design. Assuming it's selective fire, can be chambered in .40 S&W, I would really like to issue this to some of my military and police units.
VoorTrekker K9 Companion, Working, and Combat Dogs.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Thu May 09, 2013 7:58 pm

AK-93 (formerly AK-76M)

Name: AK-76 (Automatska Kovača Modela 1976 tr. Kovač's Automatic, Model of 1976)
Origin : Islamic Social Republic of Premislyd
Designer: Uros Kovač, Republic State Armament Bureau
Manufacturer Republican Defense Works
Produced: 1975-Present
In service: 1976-Present
Cost: $690 (AK-93)
Weight: 3.7 kg (AK-76)
  • 3.29 kg (AK-77)
  • 3.4 kg (AK-93)
  • 2.91 kg (AK-95)
Length: 942 mm (AK-76)
  • 942 mm (AK-77, Stock Extended)
  • 636 mm (AK-77, Stock Folded)
  • 942 mm (AK-93, Stock Extended)
  • 651 mm (AK-93, Stock Folded)
  • 819 mm (AK-95, Stock Extended)
  • 513 mm (AK-95, Stock Folded)
Barrel length: 418 mm (AK-76/77/93); 300 mm (AK-95)
Cartridge: 7.62x39mmSI
Action: Long-stroke piston, rotating bolt, BARS (AK-93/95 only)
Rate of fire: 800 rpm
Effective range: 500 m
Feed system: 30, 45 round detachable box magazine, 60 round casket magazine
Sights: Rear sight notch on sliding tangent, front post. Equipped with optical plate for attaching various scopes

Baseline model that was introduced in 1976. The AK-76 features a wooden fixed stock and handguard with an integral foregrip.

Introduced in 1977 the AK-77 shares all of the features of the original AK-76, save for the fixed stock being replaced by an underfolding stock. Although it was originally intended for use by paratroopers, naval infantry, mechanized forces, and special forces, the AK-77 quickly became the main frontline variant across all branches. It has been replaced by the AK-93, but still sees usage with internal police forces, and most units within the Republican Army.

The AK-93 (Anarkaevich/Kovač Modela 1993) is a modernization of the original AK-76. Introduced in 1993, the AK-93 replaced the old Kalashnikov action with the newer Balanced Automatics Recoil System ("Anarkaevich-recoil system"). The wooden furniture has been replaced with black, high-impact polymer that decreases the weight significantly. Unlike most other AK modernizations, the AK-93 retains the 7.62x39mm round. The fixed stock has been replaced with a side-folding stock. The stock features an ambidextrous button located at the the bottom of the folding mechanism. To fold, one just pushes this button and turn the stock to the left; to unfold, one simply lifts the stock up slightly and pulls it back out.

The AK-95 (Anarkaevich/Kovač Modela 1995) is a carbine version of the AK-93. It shares the same features as the AK-93, with the exceptions of an underfolding stock seen on the AK-77, and a different handguard that doesn't have an integral foregrip. The AK-95 is intended for use by special forces and vehicle crews due to its length.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Sevvania
Negotiator

Postby Sevvania » Thu May 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Boer Republics wrote:
Sevvania wrote:There are civilian versions of it chambered for other cartridges, but the standard military model is 9mm.

Do you have storefront? I really like the design. Assuming it's selective fire, can be chambered in .40 S&W, I would really like to issue this to some of my military and police units.

I don't have a storefront. It's full-auto only, I think, and I guess it could be chambered for .40 S&W (unless there's some design flaw I'm unaware of that would prevent this). But, I'm not sure that I want to sell it. I do have these things available for export, though:

Sevvania wrote:Outlaw Revolver
(Image)
•Type: Revolver
•Cartridge: Available in 9x19mm, .38 Special, or .45 Colt.
•Action: Double-Action
•Feed System: 6-round cylinder
•Other Information: Fitted with a detachable stock and integral bayonet.

Sevvanian Export Rifle
(Image)
•Type: Rifle
•Cartridge: 7.62x54mmR
•Action: Bolt-Action
•Feed System: 8-round non-detachable box magazine
•Other Information: A scaled-down version of the Sevvanian .50 caliber "Tyrant" anti-armor rifle. Comparable to the Mosin-Nagant.

Battle Rifle, Bullpup, 7.62x51mm NATO
(Image)
•Type: Battle Rifle
•Cartridge: 7.62x51mm NATO (Assault Rifle variant available in 5.56x45mm NATO)
•Action: Automatic
•Feed System: 20-round detachable box magazine (Assault Rifle variant shown with 30-round detachable box magazine)
•Other Information: A hybrid between the AUG and AR platforms, this weapon offers a high level of accuracy due to its bullpup configuration.

---
The SKS-M is available for purchase in 7.62x39mm, full-length 5.45x39mm, 5.45x39mm carbine, and 5.56x45mm NATO variants.
---

To place an order, please telegram Sevvania.
Last edited by Sevvania on Thu May 09, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4/1/13 - Never Forget

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Thu May 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Premislyd wrote:(Image)
AK-93 (formerly AK-76M)

Name: AK-76 (Automatska Kovača Modela 1976 tr. Kovač's Automatic, Model of 1976)
Origin : Islamic Social Republic of Premislyd
Designer: Uros Kovač, Republic State Armament Bureau
Manufacturer Republican Defense Works
Produced: 1975-Present
In service: 1976-Present
Cost: $690 (AK-93)
Weight: 3.7 kg (AK-76)
  • 3.29 kg (AK-77)
  • 3.4 kg (AK-93)
  • 2.91 kg (AK-95)
Length: 942 mm (AK-76)
  • 942 mm (AK-77, Stock Extended)
  • 636 mm (AK-77, Stock Folded)
  • 942 mm (AK-93, Stock Extended)
  • 651 mm (AK-93, Stock Folded)
  • 819 mm (AK-95, Stock Extended)
  • 513 mm (AK-95, Stock Folded)
Barrel length: 418 mm (AK-76/77/93); 300 mm (AK-95)
Cartridge: 7.62x39mmSI
Action: Long-stroke piston, rotating bolt, BARS (AK-93/95 only)
Rate of fire: 800 rpm
Effective range: 500 m
Feed system: 30, 45 round detachable box magazine, 60 round casket magazine
Sights: Rear sight notch on sliding tangent, front post. Equipped with optical plate for attaching various scopes

Baseline model that was introduced in 1976. The AK-76 features a wooden fixed stock and handguard with an integral foregrip.

Introduced in 1977 the AK-77 shares all of the features of the original AK-76, save for the fixed stock being replaced by an underfolding stock. Although it was originally intended for use by paratroopers, naval infantry, mechanized forces, and special forces, the AK-77 quickly became the main frontline variant across all branches. It has been replaced by the AK-93, but still sees usage with internal police forces, and most units within the Republican Army.

The AK-93 (Anarkaevich/Kovač Modela 1993) is a modernization of the original AK-76. Introduced in 1993, the AK-93 replaced the old Kalashnikov action with the newer Balanced Automatics Recoil System ("Anarkaevich-recoil system"). The wooden furniture has been replaced with black, high-impact polymer that decreases the weight significantly. Unlike most other AK modernizations, the AK-93 retains the 7.62x39mm round. The fixed stock has been replaced with a side-folding stock. The stock features an ambidextrous button located at the the bottom of the folding mechanism. To fold, one just pushes this button and turn the stock to the left; to unfold, one simply lifts the stock up slightly and pulls it back out.

The AK-95 (Anarkaevich/Kovač Modela 1995) is a carbine version of the AK-93. It shares the same features as the AK-93, with the exceptions of an underfolding stock seen on the AK-77, and a different handguard that doesn't have an integral foregrip. The AK-95 is intended for use by special forces and vehicle crews due to its length.

Here, take all my gustas.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Guise. I'm gunna make a video tutorial on how to kick ass in Flash. What should I draw for the tutorial?
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Nua Corda wrote:Guise. I'm gunna make a video tutorial on how to kick ass in Flash. What should I draw for the tutorial?

Webley?
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Nua Corda wrote:Guise. I'm gunna make a video tutorial on how to kick ass in Flash. What should I draw for the tutorial?

FAL.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information