NATION

PASSWORD

The Koussathian Empire Factbook

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Koussath
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 03, 2006
Ex-Nation

The Koussathian Empire Factbook

Postby Koussath » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Koussath World Factbook

Note, this Factbook uses the conquest of absolution NSTracker to calculate GDP, military sizes and the like.

Short Name: The Koussathian Empire, Koussath
Long Name: The Shadow Empire of Koussath
Demonyn: Koussathian, Koussathians
Population: 4.558 Billion
GDP ($): 127,993,265,462,716.41 (2/10/13)

Govenment System: Absolute Monarchy
Ruler: His Most Enshrouded Majesty, Divine Son of Reian, Sword and Shield of the Empire and Protector of the Koussathian, Patrisian and Jakanian Peoples, Emperor Kalaius Yelash XXX
Heir Apparent: Princess Kalarina Yelash
Last edited by Koussath on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koussathian views and my views are not nessesarily the same thing. I play Koussath as a rather evil country in many ways. I am not evil. Unless stated in an OOC manner, do not assume the player behind Koussath thinks what Koussath thinks.
WA Delegate: Princess Kalarina Yelash, Half-Sister to the Emperor.
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Syleri Peltash, Duchess of Teliscon.

Koussathian Empire Factbook [WIP]

Koussath
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Koussath » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Geography of Koussath

Koussath is a country along the edge of a more tropical climate zone. Most of the country is warm, but temperate, but its southern reaches and southern islands are tropical in climate, complete with tropical rain forests, though many of those have been cleared over time. Its generally flat, with only one area of extensive elevation – the Golgari mountains, along much of its northern border. These mountains are not particularly high, when compared to some, but imposing enough to serve as a barrier to large scale travel through them, bar three well-fortified passes.

The natural resources of Koussath, apart from crops grown in its fertile soil, are: Iron and Gold, mined from the Golgari mountains primarily, rare medicinal plants from its tropical forests, coal, natural gas and other various resources in smaller amounts.
Last edited by Koussath on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koussathian views and my views are not nessesarily the same thing. I play Koussath as a rather evil country in many ways. I am not evil. Unless stated in an OOC manner, do not assume the player behind Koussath thinks what Koussath thinks.

Koussath
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Koussath » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Economy of Koussath

Koussath's economy is relatively free, though with a 94% tax rate, only the wealthy have any real spending money. The Koussathian government doesn't nationalize anything, but there are regulations in place in regards to long-term economic stability. The current Emperor inherited a gutted social welfare system that had no value at all from his mother, but intends to change that, concerned that the rampant poverty of the system will provide the Kisyrans and Jarrenites with too many ready recruits.

The economy of Koussath remains driven by the government's spending, with consumption by private citizens and businesses a much smaller fraction of the economy. An incredibly corrupt patronage system has left the Koussathian government overflowing with waste, but cutting that waste has become another priority of the new Emperor.

Koussath's currency is the Koronus, a paper currency that is purple. The faces on it are the faces of the greatest of the various Emperors and Empresses, with the reverse sides being drawn scenes from great battlefield victories in Koussath's history.

The value of the Koronus fluctuates, but is always fairly close to the international dollar, though always on the 'more valuable than' side of it.. Currently, it is set at 1 Koronus being worth $1.3454 (2/10/13).

GDP (Koroni): 95,133,986,519,040.00; 20,894.79 Per Capita (2/10/13)
GDP ($): 127,993,265,462,716.41; 28,111.85 Per Capita. (2/10/13)
Unemployment Rate: 3.96% (2/10/13)

One of the biggest industries is beef-based agriculture, and exports of Koussathian Beef to neighboring countries are one of the big things that keep their import export ratio looking even remotely balanced, though it still bleeds red. Arms Manufacturing is understandably high, but almost all Koussathian Arms made in the country are made for the Koussathian military itself.

The energy demands of the Empire are met by a combination of imported and domestically produced fossil fuels and a growing basket of renewable energy products. Nuclear power has never been tried because of the risk posed by saboteurs – sabotage at any other kind of plant has nowhere near the risk of sabotage at a nuclear power plant.
Last edited by Koussath on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Factbooks and National Information