NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country: Mod 7

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who should be the OP of the next Main Military Weapons thread

Aqizithiuda
12%
Corda
38%
Kouralia
12%
Puzikas
39%

Total votes : 165

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen wrote:

I don't get it.

Sen's FUTURERIFLE was designed by apple, obviously.

Why else would it be white (Well,it looks white in the image) and streamlined?
Right behind you...: UDL

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm

I don't get it.

You never responded to my post answering your post re: FUTUREGUN.
The Exaltation of the Celestial Court of Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:39 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:I don't get it.

I didn't see any need to. It appears to be a perma-WIP weapon.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Bajireyn wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I don't get it.

Sen's FUTURERIFLE was designed by apple, obviously.

Why else would it be white (Well,it looks white in the image) and streamlined?

Side note: I like your Polandball avatar
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Virana wrote:
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Main Military Weapon...

A knockoff of the QBZ-95G. The difference is that we can afford to better the original ammunition (5.8×42mm DBP87 with steel casing) by using copper casing to improve the overall performance.

You managed to knock off a knock off?

Good job!

China-jokes aside, QBZ's not that great of a weapon iirc. I'd prefer to make a domestic weapon chambered in 5.8 mm (with brass or copper casings, of course). But that's because I don't have to deal with a 2.3 million man conscript army.

Aqizithiuda wrote:The ejection port will be in front of or behind the chamber. Will add more whwn i'm not looking at it on my phone.

Ejecting too close to the face seems like a bad idea, even though it'll have ambi ejection ARX-160 style. How come an ejection port directly above the chamber wouldn't work?

Because the action will push the round out either in front of the chamber or behind it, thanks to the push through feed mechanism and the swinging chamber.

Puzikas wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
Does she have any particular interests in regards to firearms?

She said she wanted to after I proved my point. Didnt even offer it to her, she was adamant about it.

I mean, does she have any perferences/biases?
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm

An MI-8A2 in "Carbine" configuration.

The MI-8A2 features a completely modular, easy-to-use system. In minutes, a soldier can change the role, and even the caliber, of his weapon, provided he has the right kit.

The MI-8A2 was developed by a fusion team of developers from the military's development agencies, Emorden Firearms Manufacturing, Geist Solutions, the Grand University of Magna Polis, and Maverick Defense Industries. It followed the brief dual-issue of the MI-8A1 and the MI-8 rifles, which, while superficially similar, had limited parts commonality. The MI-8A2 essentially streamlines the deployment of both assault and battle rifles, allowing for one to easily transition between roles with almost 100% interchangeability between them.

A GWO soldier usually will have access to two kits for his MI-8A2- a 6.5mm Grendel Assault Rifle Kit and an 8mm Mauser Battle Rifle kit. Of course, these kits often can double as a designated marksman rifle, presuming the soldier has a proper optics, or a squad automatic weapon, or a shortened carbine, or any other role- and the user won't have to be trained on a new system, nor will they have to actually acquire a different system.

Now, while this would create a logistics nightmare if all cartridges were issued to the GWO Armed Forces, keep in mind that only certain cartridges are issued. However, cartridges of all sorts are available for purchase- the GWO government just uses a select few for logistics and combat efficiency purposes.

Of course, since the GWO is full of war profiteers, it isn't uncommon to see employees of weapons corporations following large GWO forces around seeking to sell non-issued ammunition and additional kits to soldiers. Though, most GWO soldiers carry no money or limited money with them while in a combat, so it is rare to see GWO soldiers without common issue rounds. Usually, these men have purchased such equipment simply because they have previous experience with what they're purchasing for their weapon.

Not shown is the rail system for the MI-8A2, because I made this picture forever ago and didn't feel like putting the damn things on.

The weapon above is the F.S.I.A.A.S. 12-gauge automatic assault shotgun, or G-AAS12 in civilian and foreign markets. The picture above does not show the magazine, or the vertical grip normally attached because I'm a lazy bastard. Featuring a V-bolt, the FSIAAS is capable of firing at 320 shells per minute with low recoil.

The GWO places high priority on its MOUT capabilities. Its strategies usually revolve around cities, and urban warfare is a specialty that is taught to all GWO troops. Due to the nature of urban warfighting, CQB is a common occurrence for the GWO military, and the best weapon for CQB? Shotguns. A selective-fire shotgun, like the FSIAAS, gives GWO infantry a serious force multiplier in MOUT.

The FSIAAS, like most shotguns, can also fire fin-stabilized slugs to give it a further range than usual, as well as specialized ammunition such as FRAG-12 explosive shells, Hexolit-32 slugs, or, in rare cases, DU slugs. The GWO makes heavy use of these rather large slugs, which are very much capable of penetrating any modern body armor and subsequently shredding the insides of whoever is hit with it; the DU slugs are also devastating against lightly armored vehicles, such as APCs loaded with fleshy infantrymen.

These basic "intros" are ancient. One day, eventually, I'll revamp them to acceptable standards.

Also in standard use with the GWO infantry are M-MG42s (GPMGs), Panzerfaust 3s (general purpose and anti-tank rocket launcher), and M32 grenade launchers. There are obviously more weapons, but they're generally considered "special application weapons" (i.e. non-DMR sniper rifles, anti-material rifles, heavier anti-tank weaponry, mortars, submachineguns).
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 pm

I didn't see any need to. It appears to be a perma-WIP weapon.

You asked for stats, and I asked you what it was that you were interested in knowing. I assumed that you asked for stats since you were interested. Am I incorrect?

As I stated, that's not a WIP at all; it's a finished image.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 pm

That new thread smell.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:That new thread smell.

I love the smell of a new thread, it smells like....victory!

And bullet casings.
Right behind you...: UDL

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Virana wrote:You managed to knock off a knock off?

Good job!

China-jokes aside, QBZ's not that great of a weapon iirc. I'd prefer to make a domestic weapon chambered in 5.8 mm (with brass or copper casings, of course). But that's because I don't have to deal with a 2.3 million man conscript army.

Ejecting too close to the face seems like a bad idea, even though it'll have ambi ejection ARX-160 style. How come an ejection port directly above the chamber wouldn't work?

Because the action will push the round out either in front of the chamber or behind it, thanks to the push through feed mechanism and the swinging chamber.

Puzikas wrote:

She said she wanted to after I proved my point. Didnt even offer itto her, she was adamant about it.

Never touched one in her life. Shes smaller (65kg, 1.68 meters) so I'd say the mosin and .30-06s are out. I mean I get the whole start get with the .22 and move up bit, but is there anything on the list I should not let her shoot?

Goodbye.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

Never touched one in her life. Shes smaller (65kg, 1.68 meters) so I'd say the mosin and .30-06s are out. I mean I get the whole start get with the .22 and move up bit, but is there anything on the list I should not let her shoot?

Get a Savage .17 HMR. First rifle I ever shot, and still one of my favorites in terms of plinkers. More fun than a .22 by miles.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:12 pm

:idea:
Puzikas wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

She should be able to handle every gun you mentioned.

Case in point:
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=12%20year%20old%20skeet
Last edited by Bafuria on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Puzikas wrote:

Get a Savage .17 HMR. First rifle I ever shot, and still one of my favorites in terms of plinkers. More fun than a .22 by miles.

Alright then, I was looking into one anyways (varmanting)

Goodbye.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Tactical carbine variant of the Sevvanian Outlander, shown here with cheek rest, flash hider, foregrip, and low-magnification scope. Fires 7.62x54mmR rounds from a detachable 10-round magazine.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Bafuria wrote::idea:
Puzikas wrote:

She should be able to handle every gun you mentioned.

Case in point:
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=12%20year%20old%20skeet

You know, maybe its just because I shoot heavy loads, but the Winchester and colt seems way to much for her. Though I will let her try the Saiga 12 and 1897, maybe the 91/30.

Goodbye.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

I'm telling you, I fell in love with that thing the first time I shot it. I'd always been a gun nerd, but that little Savage really turned me on to shooting. Get a nice Savage .17 with an Accu-Trigger and a thumbhole stock, and have her shoot some Tannerite caps with it, and I gaurente* you success.

*yes, I fucking know it's misspelled, shut your talk-hole!
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Puzikas wrote:

I'm telling you, I fell in love with that thing the first time I shot it. I'd always been a gun nerd, but that little Savage really turned me on to shooting. Get a nice Savage .17 with an Accu-Trigger and a thumbhole stock, and have her shoot some Tannerite caps with it, and I gaurente* you success.

Remember! Never buy .17 HMR from Winchester!
Unreachable.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Seriously. A 1/4 ftf rate isn't fun.
Unreachable.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Puzikas wrote:

Those I have

How much will that run me roughly?

Goodbye.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Puzikas wrote:

Quick aside spawned by part of your post.

I have never, ever liked thumbhole stocks on my rifles.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

Those I have

$300-400. The catch is the ammo isn't exactly cheap. Not bad, but not cheap.
Unreachable.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

Remember! Never buy .17 HMR from Winchester!

It's Hornady Magnum Rimfire. You always buy it from Hornady. Accept no substitutes!

Then again, I buy all my ammo from Hornady if I can. But on .17 HMR especially I accept no substitutes, bottom line.

Also: Inverted (Mataeba) revolver using Nagant-style moving cylinder with OTs-38 style cylinder, y/n?

OTs-38 cylinder:

Puzikas wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

Those I have

$415, plus whatever your dealer charges.

This is the specific model, on their site: http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

Edit: damnit, borked the link. Here's the model name: 93R17 BTV. You'll find it under Rimfire, 17 Series
Last edited by Nua Corda on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

United States of Raptors
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Raptors » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Nice looking handgun there.
Last edited by United States of Raptors on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Archregimancy wrote:I only have one:

That most people in NSG actually know that much about history/archaeology in the first place.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:56 pm

She shouldn't have an issue with the recoil if you make sure she knows the right way to deal with it. When people have issues with recoil it's almost always because they didn't expect how much there would be or because they didn't know how to handle it, not because there was too much to handle.

Work your way up, make sure she knows what she's doing, and she'll let you know what she's comfortable with.

Alimeria II
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alimeria II » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Nua Corda wrote:Also: Inverted (Mataeba) revolver using Nagant-style moving cylinder with OTs-38 style cylinder, y/n?

OTs-38 cylinder:
(Image)

Yes, just to see what it turns into.
I would like it if you called me Ali, but Alimeria works to a certain extent. (IE Roleplays)
Only Steampunk Country to use Bullpup rifles
Unilisia wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Never had it. Bastards are too fast, and the men on their back don't approve of my chasing them.
Kill both, consume both.
Nation's Name: The Grand Monarchy of Alimeria (Pretty much the same except without Roman Numerals)
Tech Level: Steampunk

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information