NATION

PASSWORD

Luketopian Flagships

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Luketopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Luketopian Flagships

Postby Luketopia » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:04 pm

ECLIPSE-CLASS SUPER DESTROYER:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8089/angelofdeathu.png
It isn't named the Angel of Death for nothing. It is equipped with enough firepower for orbital bombardments and much, much more. Aswell as boasting superior weaponry to any known ship, it has highly advanced powerful engines that are capable of taking it at it's maximum speed of 743 MPH and 100 Infantry Squadrons and 50 Starship Squadrons. (Each Infantry squadron holding a thousand men, and each starship squadron holding 65 ships.)

(YES, I KNOW IT IS THE EXECUTOR FROM STAR WARS. However, I modified by making it longer and having a higher command tower and some more engines.)
Last edited by Luketopia on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luketopian Uniforms - Luketopian Weaponry - Luketopian Droids -
Luketopian Flagships

Holder of Knights Cross, killed a total of 7 aircrafts with zero losses, proceeded to aerially destroy a airfield.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:40 am

You, uh, do know that 743 mph isn't fast enough to even maintain orbit, right? Just pointing that out.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Trilar
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Trilar » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:37 am

Earth to the moon in only 13 days! For those times when you look at the Apollo program and think "that would be perfect, if only their spacecraft weren't so dang fast!"

Luketopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Luketopia » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 am

The Akasha Colony wrote:You, uh, do know that 743 mph isn't fast enough to even maintain orbit, right? Just pointing that out.

I understand, we use advanced engines, Ion engines. (The same stuff from star wars, buddy.)
Luketopian Flagships

Holder of Knights Cross, killed a total of 7 aircrafts with zero losses, proceeded to aerially destroy a airfield.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Luketopia wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:You, uh, do know that 743 mph isn't fast enough to even maintain orbit, right? Just pointing that out.

I understand, we use advanced engines, Ion engines. (The same stuff from star wars, buddy.)

It's not a matter of the engines being advanced, although in point of fact, 1960s-era rocket engines and modern military turbofan engines are faster. It's mostly the fact that by any reasonable measure, your ship is going to be hilariously slow, and can't undertake orbital bombardment tasks because it can't even maintain orbit. The canon Executor-class is not only larger (19,000 meters), but also orders of magnitude faster, and even then it's considered slow and ungainly.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Luketopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Luketopia » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Luketopia wrote:

It's not a matter of the engines being advanced, although in point of fact, 1960s-era rocket engines and modern military turbofan engines are faster. It's mostly the fact that by any reasonable measure, your ship is going to be hilariously slow, and can't undertake orbital bombardment tasks because it can't even maintain orbit. The canon Executor-class is not only larger (19,000 meters), but also orders of magnitude faster, and even then it's considered slow and ungainly.

No, you're wrong. my ship is powered by 18 massive Ion engines. It's engines are powerful enough to leave a wake that can destroy a unshielded ship.
Luketopian Flagships

Alternate Universe 912
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alternate Universe 912 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Luketopia wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:

No, you're wrong. my ship is powered by 18 massive Ion engines. It's engines are powerful enough to leave a wake that can destroy a unshielded ship.

Yes, we understand your ship is very advanced and powerful. We are just confused by the number 745 MPH, which is the speed of a jet fighter in modern tech (MT) countries. Wouldn't a ship that was so powerful be faster than anything a MT nation could build?

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Alternate Universe 912 wrote:
Luketopia wrote:

Yes, we understand your ship is very advanced and powerful. We are just confused by the number 745 MPH, which is the speed of a jet fighter in modern tech (MT) countries. Wouldn't a ship that was so powerful be faster than anything a MT nation could build?

The 1970s-era F-15 Eagle can exceed 1,600 mph at altitude. A low Earth orbit requires 15,430 to 17,450 mph to avoid simply crashing. The speed decreases with further altitude, but even the moon's orbit requires 2,170 to 2,416 mph, and getting there from Earth orbit requires ~25,000 mph for a translunar injection, which the US achieved in the 1960s.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Alternate Universe 912 wrote:
Luketopia wrote:

Anything MT can run circles around a slow target like that.

I always imagined starships would end up going at dozens of thousands of miles per hour. The ISS is faster than this thing.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

United States of Raptors
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Raptors » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Luketopia wrote:ECLIPSE-CLASS SUPER DESTROYER:

It isn't named the Angel of Death for nothing. It is equipped with enough firepower for orbital bombardments and much, much more. Aswell as boasting superior weaponry to any known ship, it has highly advanced powerful engines that are capable of taking it at it's maximum speed of 743 MPH and 100 Infantry Squadrons and 50 Starship Squadrons. (Each Infantry squadron holding a thousand men, and each starship squadron holding 65 ships.)

(YES, I KNOW IT IS THE EXECUTOR FROM STAR WARS. However, I modified by making it longer and having a higher command tower and some more engines.)

745 mph?

Geez that is slower than sound.

One would think you would have to demolish the sound barrier to get into orbit with that thing.
The Archregimancy wrote:I only have one:

That most people in NSG actually know that much about history/archaeology in the first place.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Alternate Universe 912 wrote:Yes, we understand your ship is very advanced and powerful. We are just confused by the number 745 MPH, which is the speed of a jet fighter in modern tech (MT) countries. Wouldn't a ship that was so powerful be faster than anything a MT nation could build?

Anything MT can run circles around a slow target like that.

I always imagined starships would end up going at dozens of thousands of miles per hour. The ISS is faster than this thing.

Depends on the technology level, but for space warfare, absolute speed is a less important characteristic than acceleration, since in the absence of any noticeable drag, a ship can keep accelerating as long as it has fuel. Hence, there's no physical maximum speed (save lightspeed, which cannot be reached), but the longer you accelerate and the faster you go, the longer it takes to slow down afterward. The ship in James Cameron's Avatar accelerates for five and a half months continuously, then coasts for 5.83 years before decelerating for another 5.5 months to reach Pandora.

United States of Raptors wrote:

745 mph?

Geez that is slower than sound.

One would think you would have to demolish the sound barrier to get into orbit with that thing.

Earth's escape velocity is 11.186 km/s, or 25,022 mph. So yes, he'd have to break the speed of sound many times over to make orbit.
Last edited by The Akasha Colony on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Kragenmoor
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kragenmoor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:59 pm

What is the point of the vessel transporting infantry if they are going to die of old age long before reaching the nearest solar system?
Last edited by Kragenmoor on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trilar
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Trilar » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Kragenmoor wrote:What is the point of the vessel transporting infantry if they are going to die of old age long before reaching the nearest solar system?

...calculating.

About 3.8 million years. Assuming he stays away from gravity wells.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information