NATION

PASSWORD

Map Making Help?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
New Abd Allah
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Map Making Help?

Postby New Abd Allah » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:35 pm

I am looking for someone with any artistic ability and a decent program for mapmaking. Sorry if there is already a thread for this, but I haven't seen it. Okay so here goes the request (if anyone is up for the challenge.

Sea (labeled Bahr al-Muffadal) to the East and land to the North, South, and West. Shaped kinda like Indiana, except with the would-be border of Illinois where the would-be border of Ohio is (if you understand that) and less squared off. One river labeled Wadi al-Kabir coming from the northeast coast of the Bahr al-Muffadal and another named Moqaddas coming from the northwest; this river should weave in between a mountain range labeled Jebel al-Samaa. Anyways, the Wadi al-Kabir moves inward and the Moqaddas ends when it feeds into it. Where these rivers connect, the capitol, Madeena al-Thalatawadi. At the beginning of the Wadi al-Kabir on the coast, a city named Madeena al-Tajir. To the far south on the Wadi al-Kabir, is a city named Walayah.

Please and thanks if you can take it on.
P.S. be creative with it and try to make it look professional.

New Abd Allah
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abd Allah » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Bump?

Zebulor
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Zebulor » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:05 pm

I suppose I could give it a try.

Do you want something where different kinds of terrain (desert, plains, swamps, forests) are shown? If so, is it mostly desert or do you want other stuff too?

Viktorya
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Viktorya » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Zebulor wrote:I suppose I could give it a try.

Do you want something where different kinds of terrain (desert, plains, swamps, forests) are shown? If so, is it mostly desert or do you want other stuff too?

Would you be willing to do another map request?

Another person who offered to do one for me totally reneged on their offer and never apologized or explained why.
Last edited by Viktorya on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freude, schöner Götterfunken*
Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Zebulor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zebulor » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Viktorya wrote:

Another person who offered to do one for me totally reneged on their offer and never apologized or explained why.

Well I think that before anything happens I should show what maps I make usually look like.

A map I made for an RP that I haven't got around to starting yet:

A map I made for someone else:

So if either of you like what you see then I can make map.

New Abd Allah
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abd Allah » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:34 pm

Yes, terrain would be nice. And yes it is mostly desert. If you can, thank you very much.

P.S. Could you make the color more sandy yellow/tan then either blue or red, similar to a real country's map?

Zebulor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zebulor » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:52 pm

New Abd Allah wrote:Yes, terrain would be nice. And yes it is mostly desert. If you can, thank you very much.

P.S. Could you make the color more sandy yellow/tan then either blue or red, similar to a real country's map?

Alright.

Zebulor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zebulor » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 am

New Abd Allah wrote:Yes, terrain would be nice. And yes it is mostly desert. If you can, thank you very much.

This is not done yet, but how do you like it so far:

New Abd Allah
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abd Allah » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:37 pm

It looks terrific, keep it up.!
P.S. could you edit in another city for me on the southern coast labeled New Ghalib. It would be much appreciated, but if not that is okay too.
Last edited by New Abd Allah on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zebulor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zebulor » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:47 pm

New Abd Allah wrote:It looks terrific, keep it up.!
P.S. could you edit in another city for me on the southern coast labeled New Ghalib. It would be much appreciated, but if not that is okay too.

I'll do it.

New Abd Allah
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abd Allah » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Zebulor wrote:
New Abd Allah wrote:It looks terrific, keep it up.!

I'll do it.

Thank you sir or madam.
Last edited by New Abd Allah on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zebulor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zebulor » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49 pm

New Abd Allah
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abd Allah » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Thank you very much! It looks amazing!

Zebulor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zebulor » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Viktorya wrote:

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information