NATION

PASSWORD

History of House Korlov

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Would you want to see an expanded history of House Korlov?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 8

House Korlov
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

History of House Korlov

Postby House Korlov » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:32 pm

A brief history of House Korlov: 6 B.W-120 A.W

Translated from Pacifican Russian

(OOC: Much of this does not reflect my RL political views, so don't get offended, there are things in here which I agree with, and many things I don't.)*

*I have also been really addicted to the film Dune lately, hence this whole system

Background:

One cannot understand the history of House Korlov and Pacifica without first understanding the thousands of years of pre history before the great war (B.W). It is worth explaining a few more items before moving on to the first section:

• The old Christendom by and large used the Gregorian calender, and dates were organized into two periods in the christian world, before Christ (B.C), and Anno Domini (A.D, or the year Jesus was born). Ever since the great war, dates have been organized in our realm into B.W (before war) and A.W (after war). For reference to those who will continue on to study the old world, remember 1 A.W began one year after the start of A.D 2016. It is worth noting that the actual year of the war itself is still considered 1 B.W . A reworking of the dating system is under consideration by the royal academy.
  • The de facto (meaning not technically, but for all practical purposes) language in the B.W years was English. Spanish began constituting a major linguistic force as well sometime around 37 B.W. You are reading this in Pacifican Russian, a dialect almost exactly like old world Russian, with a few minor modifications made to accommodate American slang terms.
  • This guide is merely a short primer to the history of House Korlov. To cover all the pre history would consume many lifetimes. Those wishing to learn more either about the A.W or B.W should contact the publisher (OOC: Me) or follow up on the given citations.

I: The reign of Mitt the terrible:

Pacifica and all the lands of the New World were not always such as they are now. Many years ago the entire land from ocean to ocean constituted a single nation, an empire, formally called the United States of America, or just the United States. Gigantic shifts had taken place in the three decades leading up to the great war. The last fair skinned old world empire had crumbled, Islamic terrorists waged a jihad (struggle) against other cultures, and climate changes brought havoc upon all the peoples of the world. Those United States had begun to crumble, the people descended into extreme apathy and cynicism, while the earth was dying. Cities crumbled, crops failed, but the people did not care, or if they did, they were unable to put their anger into any tangible force of good. Furthermore, other cultures began to overtake the United States, including the before mentioned Spanish speaking groups. Such is the fate of people who abandon Christ, or any higher order for that matter.

Note now that it is the year 5 B.W. The United States was engaged in a major election for the President, or leader of the nation. In practice, only two people could run for the President of the United States, and both came from the two same political factions, the Republicans and the Democrats. The actual difference between the two factions by 5 B.W was minimal, and to explain the cultural forces behind these two factions is once again, beyond the scope of this short publication. The two candidates were Barack Hussein Obama, and Willard Mitt Romney. Barack Obama by 5 B.W had annoyed the higher monied powers which controlled the old country, via the use of manipulation tactics. Barack Obama had gotten too unpopular and was not energetic enough towards his amoral benefactors. Willard Romney however curried much favor with the higher interests, and was an easily influenced person. Willard Romney won the election, and set about providing for his benefactors in ways that would eventually lead to the great war, and in turn the great struggle which lasts to this day.

The first act of the new leader was to incite a war with a far off Islamic nation called Iran, which was accused (most likely rightfully) of building weapons to destroy the Semitic nation of Israel, of which the United States was strongly allied to. A major war occurred, first only with the use of advanced Jet aircraft (aircraft driven by extremely powerful jet engines) and warships. However this was not enough to stop the Iranians, and after a few months of warfare of this nature, the leader of the United States decided to mount a full land invasion of Iran. The initial invasion was a success, however massive casualties occurred, which depleted the manpower reserves of the United States military. Conscription, which has been abolished since 44 B.W was re introduced. Hundreds of thousands of men were poured into this Islamic nation, and tens of thousands perished. Most Historians agree with the 150,000 dead mark over the course of the entire war. At home, the apathetic population which had become used to constant comfort began to revolt as tens of thousands of soldiers came back dead or wounded. Massive strikes ensued, and the leader decided upon a course of totalitarianism (a system where the government controls all facets of life extensively) to control the population.The Internet (a prewar electronic format of sending and receiving data of all kinds) was censored, dissidents arrested,and the media promoted extreme racism and ultra nationalism. The people continued their revolt however, and soon citizens began taking up arms, clashes emerged between the forces of the leader, and the forces against the leader and the war. This internal strife was taking its toll, and Willard Romney dreaded a revolution that would unseat him. In a desperate act to preserve his power, Willard Romney provoked a rising empire, the far east Asian nation of China, in hopes of unifying people with ultra nationalist sentiment and wartime jubilation.

China itself was expanding as an empire, and owing to sharing the same ocean (the pacific ocean after which our glorious realm is named), conflict was inevitable. Willard Romney decided to blow up an incident over a minor Philippine island, to which China claimed, and used this to declare war on China. The United States rarely lost a major war until that point. However on February 22nd, 1 B.W, as the American fleet approached the Island, a surprise Chinese attack crippled the American fleet, and forced a retreat of the badly damaged fleet after several hours of combat. This was to the utmost humiliation of the United States. This predicament was not helped by the slaughter of thousands of marines in the east Asian region. Seeking to save face, Willard Romney began strikes against China using atomic weapons (weapons capable of mass destruction by harnessing the power of atoms). At first the strikes were limited to military only targets, however the conflict quickly escalated, and within two weeks, almost all nations, and all major cities, had been engaged in, and destroyed by atomic warfare. March 7th, 1 B.W is considered the last date of pre war international civilization, as this is the last known date of operational advanced civilian communications technology.

II: A new order

Hundreds of years of progress had been annihilated in the matter of a few weeks. The population of the earth went from seven billion people to around four billion in the first few months, with an additional three billion people dying by Christmas day, 1 B.W.
The environment was in extreme peril, thick clouds blocked out the sun, causing many plants and animals to die. Most crops failed, causing the deaths of the survivors of the initial attacks. However humans, especially armed with faith are a potent force. Around the earth, a billion people still managed to eke by a meager existence, having only hope for better days. The first ten years following the strikes were extremely chaotic. Rape squads roamed the countrysides of the world, cannibals, pedophiles, rapists, and cultists all found a paradise in this world without any armed force to enforce the law, or people without faith to bind themselves. People could only rely on themselves, and a few close family and friends (if even that). Even the most pious of rural communities had difficulties surviving without much real agriculture or hunting, much less those urban and suburban areas most people inhabited.

But eventually, the skies cleared. The nuclear clouds subsided after a decade, and in an additional two decades would be completely gone. More plant and animal life began to reemerge (albeit with modifications, owing to the evolutionary process). Major agriculture was possible again. Communities began forming with people of like minded interests and cultural beliefs. Rape squads and societies of heathens gradually disappeared. Assessing the situation in 15 A.W, those who bared the war the best where interlinked ethnic communities (such as Russian or Mexican immigrants, and to a lesser degree the Negros) and the pious. Those who fared the worst were portly white secular Americans, and nihilistic urban socialites. In western Washington (a former constituent state of the United States), Russian and Polish immigrant communities fared rather well. In came our savior, the first duke of Pacifica, and founder of the royal line, Yevgeni Korlov. Korlov was a moderately successful Russian immigrant businessman in the pre war years. It is believed that the lord himself came to Korlov in a vision a few years before the war, Korlov said in his writings:

"And there was god himself, speaking to me. He warned me in godly language I cannot describe, that my life of sin would lead me to ruin. If I repented however, and became a good christian, I would have the chance to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, and help my fellow men."

Korlov converted to Orthodox Christianity after this vision came to him.

III: The beginnings of the dynasty

Having experience both in military service, and in business, Korlov soon emerged as a prominent figure in the remains of the old city of Seattle. His devotion and genuine sentiment inspired hordes of people who were tired of the criminals, double speak, and cruelty of life. Korlov emanated both kindness and authority, and was a model leader. By 20 A.W, he had established a small colony a little ways away from the city. The colony had around one thousand people living in it, mainly Slavic immigrants, though Korlov kept his heart open for any other poor soul that managed to survive. But Korlov was not just a manager, he was a master diplomat. Originally parties were sent out to recruit new members to the colony, and to help out anyone trapped in the remains of the old cities. It was soon discovered other groups of people existed. Most were much smaller than what Korlov managed. For the sake of efficiency, these various colonies united into a loose christian based federation. The people, grateful for the superior talent of Korlov in ensuring their survival, began accepting him as their leader for life. When death was upon Korlov, he crowned himself monarch of the colony, and declared his son leader of the federation. So was the precedent set for our modern realm.

*Feel free to comment, I will post an expanded history later on*
Last edited by House Korlov on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A brief history of House Korlov
“We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists.” – Thomas Jefferson

House Korlov
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby House Korlov » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Here is also a list of various leaders.

Pre 9/11 leaders of the old United States
Ronald Wilson Reagan (1981-1989)
George Herbert Walker Bush (1989-1993)
William Jefferson Clinton (1993-2001)

Last years of the old United States
George Walker Bush (2001-2009)
Barack Hussein Obama (2009-2013)
Willard Mitt Romney (2013-2016)

After war Pacifican leaders
Grand Duke Yevgeni Korlov (2018-2026 as survivalist leader, 2026-2048 as colony leader)
Grand Duke Dimitry Korlov (2048-2068)
Grand Duke Basil Korlov (2068-2100)
Grand Duke Vladimir Korlov (2100-Present)

After war North American Emperor's (using popular names)
Emperor McCreedy (2040-2045)
Emperor Frederick I (2045-2050)
Emperor Santos I (2050-2056)
Emperor Joseph Miller (2056-2061)
Emperor Pozenski (2061-2078)
Emperor Frederick II (2078-2079)
Emperor Frederick III (2079-2080)
Emperor Giovanni (2080-2082)
Emperor Alexander (2082-2087)
Emperor Santos II (2087-2099)
Emperor Ruadhain (2099-Present)
Last edited by House Korlov on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A brief history of House Korlov
“We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists.” – Thomas Jefferson

Return to Factbooks and National Information