NATION

PASSWORD

What is the main military weapon of your country?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Uawc
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Imperial isa wrote:
UAWC wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:
UAWC wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:
UAWC wrote:I like .45 better than 9mm too, though. Moar damage.

You're missing the point here. You can't just say "more damage" (and please drop the kindergarten spelling) when you're comparing different numbers of different types of rounds. Six 45s (remember, we're comparing an automatic to a revolver) can kill a maximum of six targets. Fifteen 9s can kill a maximum of fifteen - and not every target is going to shake off multiple hits.

.45 is only 2.43mm wider than 9mm Parabellum. I don't think it's that detrimental to magazine capacity, and there are plenty handguns with double-stacked mags that have upwards of 12 .45 ACP cartridges.

What part of "revolver" did you miss in my message?

My mistake. Now that I think about it, why would one put .45s in a revolver?

as Colt be doing it before you were ever born as it Works

It works, yeah, but why would you put anything smaller than a magnum round in a revolver?
Pro-democracy, pro-NATO, anti-authoritarian, anti-extremism.
Ex-leftist and ex-Muslim.

I stand with Ukraine and Israel.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:15 pm

The UAWC has a new break-open shotgun design.

We call it the PHC-24. It's a double-barreled lupara-style sidearm meant to pack maximum power into a very small, easily concealable package. It has a light folding stock and fires 12-gauge. It's meant to be the kind of weapon a young woman pulls out of her purse when confronted with a thug or two in a dark alley. Of course, the very short barrels mean it's only useful in close ranges, but that's what it's designed for anyway. It can fire all manner of 12-gauge, and is specifically made to be able to handle Dragon's Breath shells. So, yeah. Don't rape chicks in our country, or they'll literally burn you alive.

Also comes in Hello Kitty colors.
Last edited by Uawc on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senestrum
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Senestrum » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:46 am

Oh, we're talking about self-defense weapons marketed toward ladies? Senestrum doesn't have any one gun that makes up the majority of personal defense weapons, due to the extremely free nature of the firearm market. In fact, the guns used range from .22 derringers to open-carried heavy battle rifles. However, one of the most commonly used guns is the MP Ordnance SM-14 PDW.

30 rounds of 9mm in a gun barely larger than most pistols.
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?
If so, join Lineartinc today, Nationstates' only lineart community!
We welcome people of any skill level, from first-timers to veteran artists.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:20 am

"how do you know it was a woman who held you up sir"

"she had a pink Hello Kitty gun"
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:02 am

Imperial isa wrote:"how do you know it was a woman who held you up sir"

"she had a pink Hello Kitty gun"

Now, I find this offence. As a red blooded, steak eating American man of the male gender, I'd use one of those guns. D:

Also, that gun is lulz. What's with the weird fire selector though, it looks like a two round burst and then two semi-auto settings.
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:22 am

Senestrum wrote:Oh, we're talking about self-defense weapons marketed toward ladies? Senestrum doesn't have any one gun that makes up the majority of personal defense weapons, due to the extremely free nature of the firearm market. In fact, the guns used range from .22 derringers to open-carried heavy battle rifles. However, one of the most commonly used guns is the MP Ordnance SM-14 PDW.

30 rounds of 9mm in a gun barely larger than most pistols.

:lol2: That is awesome.

I must ask though, are you sure .22LR is enough to protect someone's life/virginity/mental health/what have you in the face of danger?

Solyhniya
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solyhniya » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 am

The Sičovi Zavody SZ-SO61, a recently released PDW solution.

Trials are currently underway (stats to be released soon).
The Democratic Hetmanate of Solynia
Демократичне Гетьманство Солинії
The Pan-Slavic Union State Embassies
Dimoniquid wrote:Dear God, Solyhniya, you kick so much ass!

Skaladora wrote:Christians in general and Catholics in particular should stop giving more weight to the words of random morons, and listen more closely to what the guy they believe to have been the son of God has been saying.

United human countries wrote:Funniest joke is one you don't have to explain.

Unless they don't get it.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Imitora
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imitora » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:22 pm

UAWC wrote:
It works, yeah, but why would you put anything smaller than a magnum round in a revolver?

Continued firearm knowledge fail. Magnums are just longer, stronger cases allowing more powder. Example, you can take a revolver chambered in .357 Magnum, and shoot .38 special through it. A .357 Magnum bullet is a .38 caliber bullet, just like the .38 special and 9x19mm. Its just loaded in a longer case, so more powder=more power.

Oh, and here in Texas, a shoot out between an active shooter and the DPS found a .45ACP round incapable of penetrating and killing the barrier behind which the target was shooting from, but a .357SIG (.355 bullet in a .40S&W case) was capable of doing so. Killing ability = much, much more than bullet size.
Last edited by Imitora on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imitora
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imitora » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:24 pm

UAWC wrote:
We're not going to use a round that an unarmored man can take nine shots from and still survive.

You should just stop talking. I can pull up a case study in under five minutes where some guy took three rounds to the chest with a .45ACP, and still need another shot in the brain dome to finally put him down.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Imitora wrote:
UAWC wrote:

Continued firearm knowledge fail. Magnums are just longer, stronger cases allowing more powder. Example, you can take a revolver chambered in .357 Magnum, and shoot .38 special through it. A .357 Magnum bullet is a .38 caliber bullet, just like the .38 special and 9x19mm. Its just loaded in a longer case, so more powder=more power.

Oh, and here in Texas, a shoot out between an active shooter and the DPS found a .45ACP round incapable of penetrating and killing the barrier behind which the target was shooting from, but a .357SIG (.355 bullet in a .40S&W case) was capable of doing so. Killing ability = much, much more than bullet size.

I don't see how that at all contradicts what I said. When I said "round" I was referring to the whole cartridge, not just the bullet.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Imitora wrote:
UAWC wrote:
We're not going to use a round that an unarmored man can take nine shots from and still survive.

You should just stop talking. I can pull up a case study in under five minutes where some guy took three rounds to the chest with a .45ACP, and still need another shot in the brain dome to finally put him down.

That's right. Four rounds, not freaking nine. .45 ACP is the weakest cartridge I'll happily use.
Last edited by Uawc on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pyrerock
Attaché

Founded: Feb 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

The Kingdom of Pyrerock's weapons

Postby Pyrerock » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:54 pm

The kingdom of Pyrerock uses the traditional Paeyong missiles for nuclear attacks and the German Cavalier sword.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:27 pm

UAWC wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
UAWC wrote:Oh, and by the way,the aforementioned 5.7x28mm round is also a hell of a lot thinner than both .45 and 9mm. If you want magazine capacity, accuracy, armor penetration and range, that's a damn good round to go for.

The 5.7x28mm round doesn't offer much damage after impact because it is so small, one of the main drawbacks to PDWs.

I'd still trust it over the 9mm for range and accuracy.

Well, it is only about half as wide, so it only makes about half as big a hole. So even if your 5.7mm round can hit the enemy, you will need far more hits to bring them down than with a 9mm.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm

UAWC wrote:
UAWC wrote:Oh, and by the way,the aforementioned 5.7x28mm round is also a hell of a lot thinner than both .45 and 9mm. If you want magazine capacity, accuracy, armor penetration and range, that's a damn good round to go for.

The 5.7x28mm round doesn't offer much damage after impact because it is so small, one of the main drawbacks to PDWs.

I'd still trust it over the 9mm for range and accuracy.

Well, it is only about half as wide, so it only makes about half as big a hole. So even if your 5.7mm round can hit the enemy, you will need far more hits to bring them down than with a 9mm.

That's right. It is designed for full-auto, after all...

But I digress. My original point was that if I want a round for range and accuracy I'll use 5.7x28mm. My preferred pistol cartridges are .45 and .454. I'll be unsatisfied with any smaller than .45, though I won't mind a smaller magnum cartridge as long as it's bigger than .357.
Last edited by Uawc on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senestrum
Senator

Postby Senestrum » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Have you ever actually used any of the cartridges you're talking about?
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Senestrum wrote:Have you ever actually used any of the cartridges you're talking about?

I can almost guarantee he hasn't.
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Tulip No. 3 Disposable Grenade Projector
Caliber: 70 mm launcher, 132 mm warhead
Function: Disposable anti-tank weapon
Weight: 5.7kg
Length: 850 mm
Muzzle velocity: 120 m/s
Sights: Flip up iron sight
Effective range: 100 m for stationary targets, 50 m for moving targets
Maximum Range: 250m
Penetration capability: 850 mm RHEarmour, 2.1 metres concrete
Manufacturer: Tulip Heavy Industries

Just curious ~ how do you hold it?
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Senestrum wrote:Have you ever actually used any of the cartridges you're talking about?

Of course. I have a BC-454 as well as a UMP-X300. First uses .454 UM (Union Magnum) while the second uses .45 UCP (Union Communal Pistol) and can be recalibrated for 9x19mm, 7.62x25mm Tokarev, and 10mm Auto.

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Fanaglia wrote:

Like the M72 LAW.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:39 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Satirius wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:

Like the M72 LAW.

It is usable both over-the shoulder, and under the shoulder, depending upon your stance and location.

Of course to get any sort of range due to its low velocity, you will need to fire it under the shoulder, and the ironsight works only for such a position.

You forgot the "Front Towards Enemy" part. Even though it's a claymore thing....
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Byelorussian SSR
Envoy

Founded: Sep 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Byelorussian SSR » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:49 pm

UAWC wrote:

Of course. I have a BC-454 as well as a UMP-X300. First uses .454 UM (Union Magnum) while the second uses .45 UCP (Union Communal Pistol) and can be recalibrated for 9x19mm, 7.62x25mm Tokarev, and 10mm Auto.

I'm 100% sure that he is talking OOC.
Factbook:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=32542&p=1302004#p1302004

Imitora
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imitora » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:09 pm

In the real world, I'd bet money that UAWC has never actually touched a real weapon.

I can tell he's never fired a .454 round, because I'm good friends with people who own .500S&W Magnums, and even THEY don't like shooting .454.

Senestrum
Senator

Postby Senestrum » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Byelorussian SSR wrote:I'm 100% sure that he is talking OOC.

She.

>_>

Byelorussian SSR
Envoy

Founded: Sep 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Byelorussian SSR » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Senestrum wrote:
Byelorussian SSR wrote:I'm 100% sure that he is talking OOC.

She.

>_>

Oh, sorry about the confusion. I was being sarcastic to UAWC's post.
Factbook:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=32542&p=1302004#p1302004

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 pm

Byelorussian SSR wrote:
UAWC wrote:

I'm 100% sure that he is talking OOC.

OOC: I know, but I'm still talking IC. :lol:

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Imitora wrote:

In the real world, I'd bet money that UAWC has never actually touched a real weapon.

I can tell he's never fired a .454 round, because I'm good friends with people who own .500S&W Magnums, and even THEY don't like shooting .454.

OOC: That's not true. I have several bladed weapons and have fired a 9mm handgun.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information