NATION

PASSWORD

Republika Mediterranija

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Mediterra
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Republika Mediterranija

Postby Mediterra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:32 am

Republika Mediterranija
The Republic of Mediterra

Welcome to the official factbook of the Republic of Mediterra! Here you can know everything you want to know about the Republic of Mediterra, including news, culture, and random facts about this nation. Feel free to TG me a question about Mediterra; once I receive it, I'll answer it here and TG you, the asker, a link to the post in which I answered the question in. Ask anything you want if it's related with Mediterra, I'll try my best to answer it.

If you're looking for something, try to look in the spoilers below. If they're not there, you may ask me about what you want to know. I may update stuff from time to time. I would do that instead of making a new post on the updated information.

Since this is relatively new, there's not much in it yet. You are NOT permitted to post on this thread.

-

Förajna - Leona
[urlhttp://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9730753#p9730753]En Dröm Magikal - Alja Gammël[/url]
Drums of Love - Sasha Whiner

Last edited by Mediterra on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 20 times in total.
The Republic of Mediterra / Republika Mediterranija
Old Factbook -Factbook - Official Website (mediterranija.go.mi)
Mois wrote:Seriously?

I cannot comprehend why people hate Islam so much. Yes, some Muslims caused 9/11, but that doesn't mean all of them are terrible people. I have met many kind Islamic people. I think everyone just needs to accept other religions, because there is no proven "better" religion. That goes for Jewish people, too.

Honestly, can we just act a little human for once?

Mediterranea > Mediterra > Kalosia
Currently in the transition process, may take a month. IC explanation

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Basic Information

Postby Mediterra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 am

The Republic of Mediterra is a nation that is located in the Mediterranean Sea (hence the name).

Basic information:

Official Name: The Republic of Mediterra
Official Name in Mediterran: Republika Mediterranija
Capital: Monterra
Date of Independence: 9 January 1925
Population: 50 Million (50,000,000)
Currency: Metz
National Animal: Örnë (an eagle-like bird)
Regions: 12 Cantons (including 1 capital area)
Major Religions: Catholicism, Islam
Official language: Mediterran
Secondary language: English
Minority languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Corsican, Catalan, Sëkarian
ISO 2-letter code: MI
ISO 3-letter code: MTR
Timezone: CET (GMT+1)
Last edited by Mediterra on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

I cannot comprehend why people hate Islam so much. Yes, some Muslims caused 9/11, but that doesn't mean all of them are terrible people. I have met many kind Islamic people. I think everyone just needs to accept other religions, because there is no proven "better" religion. That goes for Jewish people, too.

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Map of Mediterra

Postby Mediterra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:44 am

Here is the map of Mediterra:

Other countries are marked in grey. A region of the NS nation Ceaurea shares Mediterra's only land border. Mediterra borders other countries by sea. Mediterra is located around Spain, France, Italy, Tunisia, and Algeria.

Map of Mediterra in Europe (it's IRL location):
Last edited by Mediterra on Sat May 05, 2012 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Power Outage in Mediterränea, Economy Severly Disrupted

Postby Mediterra » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:00 am

From the RTM Archives; dated January 25, 2012, the following news article was the first to be sent to other nations after Mediterra joined the World Broadcasting Union. It was also sent to other countries a month later, when Mediterra joined the NationStates Broadcasting Union.

MONTERRA, MEDITERRA - A blackout on Sunday lasted for over 5 hours, leaving millions on Mediterränea Island (where Monterra, Mediterra's capital, is located) powerless. The blackout was caused by damage to the power plant that supplies electricity to the whole island after a recent thunderstorm.

Hours after the power outage was over, the Director of the Mediterran Electricity Company, Arijana Florëntina, stated that "Repairs are still being made at the power plant, as it is not fully restored, so in some areas might experience shorter blackouts that may last as long as 5 minutes. The repairs are scheduled to be done by Friday."

Due to the blackout, the Mediterran Melody Festival has been postponed to Friday. The festival was supposed to choose the melody that would represent Mediterra at the World Hit Festival 7 which is to be held next month in Euskirribakondara. A friendly football match between the Monterran Football Club and another team from the neighboring country of Ceaurea also had to be delayed. The match will be held on Wednesday. Many other events due to be held on Sunday or the day after were rescheduled.

The Mediterran economy was severely disrupted by the blackout. Oil and coal prices have almost doubled and stock prices have fallen. Communication was also severely disrupted. Several thousand people were unable to continue telephone conversations. People (outside Mediterränea) who wished to keep in touch or do business with residents of the island were unable to do so during the blackout, and had to wait until the blackout was over.

Air travel was affected by the blackout, but there had been no casualties. Airplanes could still land at the Mediterränean International Airport but were afterwards grounded. Water and land travel, on the other hand, was not affected at all.

The blackout happened from 10:14 to 15:27 (GMT).
Last edited by Mediterra on Sat May 05, 2012 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Valeris Captured by a Storm-Wind, People Missing

Postby Mediterra » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:26 am

Ceaurea wrote:CEAURZTADT, CEAUREA – A huge storm has swept the island of Valeris at 6.00am GMT today. The sea level rose by 120 centimeters and the island's shores were submerged.

“This is really awful, we cant work if the flood is this bad” says local construction worker John Anderson. The neighboring Republic of Mediterra shares the island with Ceaurea. The Mediterran-Ceaurean border is Mediterra's only land border. Flooding has also been reported there; the nearby city of Munis had been flooded but it has since improved. The damage in Valda is worse than the current condition of Munis.

“We must help each other to come back from this mess, and working together is the only way we can rise” Jean-Pierre Mauris, Mayor of Valda Said as he encourages everybody to help. The citizens of Valda blame the government due to their inability to make Valda a green city. “This is not our fault, everyone needs to know that littering is not a good thing to do” the mayor exclaimed.
“We are now banning littering in Valda and anyone who is caught littering is fined for a minimum of $100 in Ceaurean Dollars."-

Victims of the flood are now trying to save women and children by evacuating them before the flood gets worse. There are currently no predictions for any upcoming heavy rain that will affect the flood. 13 people are missing but so far there have been no reported deaths.

Right now, Valda is receiving help from Grouhl, the nearest city with a medical team and equipment. The flood has bothered Valda’s traffic causing Valda being unable to receive any help from Ceaurztadt. The citizens of nearby Munis have continued working and more medical workers have been sent to help the victims of this disaster.

Mediterran-Ceaurean relations are expected to strengthen in the near future.

Taken from the archives of the CNT (Ceaurea National Television), a broadcaster from Ceaurea, our neighbour, is an article about a storm that swept the island of Valeris towards the end of January. Valeris is where Mediterra's only land border is, and it is shared with Ceaurea (pronounced Sure-ria). The capital of the Miammar canton, Munis, is there, and it is near the border. On the other side of the border is Valda, a Ceaurean city. This news was shared via the World Broadcasting Union News Agency, so this article appeared in some Mediterran news sources.
Last edited by Mediterra on Sat May 05, 2012 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Mediterra in the World Hit Festival 7 and WorldVision 21

Postby Mediterra » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:56 am

Mediterra made its debut in the 7th World Hit Festival, held in Harrikes, Euskirribakondara. This was confirmed by RTM (Radio-Television Mediterra/Radiu-Telefisione Mediterranija), Mediterra's national broadcaster, and by EUSK1, Euskirribakondara's broadcaster for the WHF and WorldVision. Mediterra had also applied to participate in the 21st WorldVision Song Contest, which is yet to be held in Madrin, Albertasby. There is a lack of news articles about Mediterra's participation in WV21, because RTM apparently had more interest in WHF7 (many countries participate in both). On the other hand, we did manage to get some articles from the webpage of the World Hit Festival.

Euskirribakondara wrote:A début already confirmed!

(Image)
Flag of Mediterra

Mediterran authorities have been recently in various talks with the EMM (Euskirribakondaran Music Ministry, organizer of the contest), and have applied for entering the WHFBA (World Hit Festival Broadcasting Association, check out upcoming posts to know how will it work) with a broadcaster yet to be revealed. However, it is already known that there will be an open national final that will be televised, and that will have a special jury voting. The name of the national final, and the date will be decided soon; but everything will take part before February 4, the entering deadline.

Welcome Mediterra to the World Hit Festival Family!

Our national final was called Festival di Melodi Mediterranika (Mediterran Melodi Festival, shortened FMM), and was the first one ever held. FMM1 served as the national final for Mediterra in both the WHF7 and WorldVision21 (Mediterra debuted in both).

Euskirribakondara wrote:Mediterran National Final

(Image)
Logo of the Mediterran Broadcaster

The RTM (Radiu-Telefisione Mediterranija, Radio-Television Mediterra) is now officially part of the WHFBA, and of course, of the Seventh World Hit Festival. A televised national final called the "Festival di Melodi Mediterranika" (Mediterran Melody Festival) will take place in the Mediterran capital, Monterra, as part of the Mediterran selection process. Some songs (whose list will be presented soon) will be presented, and the juries will vote for the best melody to represent Mediterra on its début. This final is scheduled to take place on January 23rd.

The lyrics will be written afterwards by the best Mediterran producers (they will include Mediterran, and probably, English), and the singer will be picked internally by the RTM. The Euskal fanpages are already excited by the announcement, and see good points from Euskirribakondara as the Mediterran language is closely related to Aranese, one of the 10 official languages of Euskirribakondara.

Let's hope for the best début ever!

FMM1 had a jury of 5 people but also 24 songs. A video of each song was only presented on a screen on the stage, and there was no live music.

Euskirribakondara wrote:Festivali di Melodi Mediterranika

(Image)
Logo of the Mediterran Final

The Director of the RTM, Jordan Hilskraft, announces that, "We will not release the names of the songs whose melodies have been chosen, but we will release a Mediterran translation of the name of the original song". This is done in order to give the world a preview of what the Mediterran language is like. RTM gave us the final list of the melodies participating, those are here!

*omitted because it will be shown later*

The recap video is here, you might want to check it out and vote. The rules for filling the 'poll' is at the end of the video, after all the songs. Each song preview lasts for 30 seconds. You'll also get to know the actual artist the actual song title. A blackout on Sunday lasted for over 5 hours, leaving millions on Mediterränea Island (where Monterra, Mediterra's capital, is located) powerless... due to the blackout, the Mediterran Melody Festival has been postponed to Friday.

The recap video was blocked by the site it was hosted on (youtube). There are ways to get around this manually, and the RTM will not upload another recap video, due to preparations of the 2nd FMM.

Euskirribakondara wrote:Festival di Melodi Mediterranika... Results!

(Image)
Flag of Mediterra

A few hours ago, the final of the FMM (Mediterran National Final) took place. The original scheduled date was 27 January, but a severe blackout was caused by damage to the power plant that supplies electricity to the whole island after a recent thunderstorm. This blackout affected many events that were scheduled to take place this week. (For the full news report go to this place).

It was an exciting event that featured 24 melodies:

1. Så Gud
2. Oliver
3. Yo-Yo
4. Tanase
5. Ven Du Sagh Mik Das Du Löf Mik
6. Dë Illusija di nos Tötinyrën
7. Kåttën av en Starma Vind
8. En Minutën vit Du
9. Charlie Chaplin
10. Est Löf Lätten Nos Ilamën
11. La, La, La
12. Du Sagh Mik
13. Yo-Yo
14. Gud Gëtarën
15. Dë Tempëra Mustë Bi Gud Där
16. Gabëj
17. Lät Det Swingë
18. Johnny Blue
19. Ik ben Sijën ätta dë Blu Samma
20. De Örsten Dät di Löf
21. Libera
22. För Alle Kir Sang
23. Dansa Balladë
24. Införghatavën

The full results are HERE. With 23 points the winner is???

The voting format was that each jury gave 1,2,3,4, or 5 points to each song. The voting itself took half an hour. Some juries expressed how much they liked a song by 'awarding more than 5 points to a song' (since the votes had already been sent to the FMM1 organizers, the scrutineer, who was in charge of the scoreboard, knew which points to award to which song).

A few days after the festival, the artist and songwriter was announced.

Euskirribakondara wrote:Mediterran Artist Announced

(Image)
Leona

Festival di Melodi Mediterranika ended a few days ago, achieving high viewing figures in Mediterra; and something average on Euskirribakondara, where it was also broadcasted. Leona is now the official Mediterran debuting entrant! The song (that will be made according to this rhythm) is called "Förajna" (which means 'Forever' in Mediterran). The lyricist was Allica Ilham, and the composer was Leo Hausfesst. The entry will feature the orchestra, conduced by Leo Hausfesst himself!

TThe 7th World Hit Festival was held on April 2, and Mediterra became the runner up on it's debut. There was not much coverage on Mediterra at WorldVision21, it was only announced that the RTM had sent the same song for WHF7, and that was all the WV21 coverage for Mediterra.
Last edited by Mediterra on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Förajna - Leona (Lyrics)

Postby Mediterra » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:30 am

"Förajna"
(Forever)
Lyrics by Allica Ilham
Composed by Leo Hausfesst
Originally performed by Leona
Melody (Unforgettable by Tiffany Alvord)

Performance at WHF7
Performance at WV21

You know that we've been together for a while
But do you still have some faith in our love?
Stronger, my feelings keep growing for you
But I don't know whether it is
The same for you as well
How about us, please tell me, how about our love?

And I will love you forever
But will you do the same for me?
The light will shine
And the warmth can be felt
Only if you love me
Because you know I love you too
Will you love me forever?

Du ajna sagh denn ik ben din mälkott
Du er det älsën värfor ik hijr
Ik rön ettër du, önt du ettër mik
Vil du kil mik din löf?
Önt ik vil kil du min löf
Förajna, ojch vil löf nos

Ber allë dis rën stoppën nö
Önt allë det sakittën vil gå
Kän vil bi en lengën
Önt nå inträmëna
Vil du mendjagha mik?
År vil du gå för orlën nu?

At this part, Leona plays the flute (2:17 to 2:48 in the melody video, and the melody she plays on the flute is basically the part that is sung in the video).

Ber allë dis rën vil stoppën nö
Önt allë det sakittën vil gå
Kän vil bi en lengën
Önt nå inträmëna
Vil du mendjagha mik?
År vil du gå för orlën nu?

Vil du löf mik förajna?

O… förajna…
O… förajna…

Vil du löf mik förajna?

You know that we've been together for a while
But do you still have some faith in our love?
Stronger, my feelings keep growing for you
But I don't know whether it is
The same for you as well
How about us, please tell me, how about our love?

And I will love you forever
But will you do the same for me?
The light will shine
And the warmth can be felt
Only if you love me
Because you know I love you too

You always said that I'm your angel
You're the reason I'm here
I run after you, and you (run) after me
Will you give me your love?
And I'll give you my love
Forever, we'll love each other

But all this rain will stop now
And all the pain will go
There will be a rainbow
And the pain will cease
Will you protect me?
Or will you go for someone new?

*flute*

But all this rain will stop now
And all the pain will go
There will be a rainbow
And the pain will cease
Will you protect me?
Or will you go for someone new?

Oh… forever…
Oh… forever…

This is the lyrics to Förajna, a song by Leona (translates as "Forever"), which has been written by Allica Ilham (Leona's real name) and composed by Leo Hausfesst. He, as a conductor, conducted when this, as the Mediterran entry, was performed in both Harrikes, Euskirribakondara (at the 7th World Hit Festival) and in Madrin, Albertasby (at the 21st WorldVision Song Contest).
Last edited by Mediterra on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

The Mediterran Language, Baksa Mediterranika - Pronounciatio

Postby Mediterra » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Here's how you pronounce some letters in Mediterran:
Ää: Same as how it is pronounced in Swedish and Finnish.
Öö: Same as how it is pronounced in Swedish and German.
Åå: Same as how it is pronounced in Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian.
Ëë: The 'e' in 'father'.
NOTE: When the above letters can't be written, then the replacements are, respectively: Ae, Oe, Aa, and Ee.
Ee: The 'e' in 'text'.
J: Y, like in Germany, Scandinavia, and Yugoslavia.
Gh: Pronounced like the Dutch 'g' and the Arabic 'gh', which is represented by the letter غ.
Kh: Pronounced like the Arabic 'kh' which is represented by the letter خ.
Ch: Same like the German 'ch'.
Rr: Thrilled, like in Spanish and Italian
Cc: Pronounced 'ch'
Yy: Same as how it is pronounced in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Finnish.

When 2 of the same letters are combined, it is usually stressed, but when the following combination is made:

After/before any letter:
Sj: Pronounced 'sh'
Nj: The 'ñ' in the Spanish word 'mañana'
Th: The 'th' in 'thick'

After an a, o, e, ë, or å:
Ll: Nasal.

After an a, o, or å:
Tt: Nasal.
Nn: Nasal.
Last edited by Mediterra on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:10 am, edited 6 times in total.

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Indonesians in Mediterra

Postby Mediterra » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:07 am

Sweden has a big Arabic community, and this can be shown by the increasing number of participants of Arabic origin in both Melodifestivalen and the Norsk Melodi Grand Prix. Some may wonder why. This is due to immigration.

Immigration is also the reason there is an Indonesian minority in Mediterra. Maldria, which was conquered by the Dutch in 1613. They had also colonized Indonesia at the time, and often, slaves from the Dutch East Indies (the colonial name for Indonesia would be brought around the world, such as Suriname, which also belonged to the Dutch. Now Javanese is one of the wide-spoken languages of Suriname. Maldria was regained by Mediterra in 1854, along with the people who lived there. This included Indonesian slaves. Most of them were Javanese.

Since a majority of Indonesians back then (and until now) were muslims, Maldria became known as "Mära of the North" (since Mära has the biggest percentage of muslims in Mediterra). At first, people were more focused on rebuilding, but eventually native Maldrians were annoyed of the abundance of foreign immigrants, and fights happened on the streets everyday. As the tension was rising, the King of Maldria announced that there would be a city specially made for the Indonesian immigrants - some sort of Chinatown. It was called Cidjaoeh.

Cidjaoeh was established on January 3, 1868. At first it was strictly for Indonesian immigrants but soon, it became like any other town. The culture flourished, and the language spoken there slowly evolved. In 1901, The city was renamed Sëkar and the language, Sëkarian (Baksa Sëkarska in Mediterran) was made the official language of the town, but some of the older inhabitants spoke their original languages. The language is based of Malay and Javanese, making it similar to standard Indonesian.

In 1916, World War I was starting and Mediterra remained neutral. The kingdom (Mediterra has been a republic since 1925) had opened its arms to new immigrants. Due to the existence of Sëkar, many Indonesians living in the Netherlands decided to immigrate there. Others either stayed in Holland or moved back to Indonesia.

Immigration happened again in the early 1940s, when the Dutch withdrew from Indonesia due to World War II. Mediterra was, again, neutral in World War II. As Indonesian was already the official language of Indonesia at that time (it had been since 1928), the Sëkarian language had had changes and modifications. The immigration to Sëkar had rose since 1940 and kept rising. In 1942, Japan attacked and gained full control of Indonesia. Some lucky few had saw this coming and had moved to Mediterra in time. At this point, the immigration rate declined, but little by little, refugees arrived and made that city their new home. In mid-August 1945, immigration had stopped completely. The reason behind this was the Indonesian declaration of Independence on August 17, 1945. However, a few weeks later in September, as allied forces began to return to Indonesia, more people decided to become citizens of the Mediterran Republic. In 1950, immigration fully stopped due to the Netherlands officially recognizing Indonesia's independence, and the some of the newcomers (from the past 10 years) chose to come back to their motherland. Others stayed.

Many thought that 1950 would be the end to the Indonesian immigrant wave. But no, due to the political condition in Indonesia, from the early 1960s, there were more newcomers. Eventually, after the G30SPKI event on 30 September/1 October 1965, the newcomer rate started to decline slowly. By 1969 it had fully stopped.

Now Mediterra accepts immigrants and newcomers from most parts of the world.

Right now, There are 200,000 people living in Sëkar and there are over 700 thousand people of Indonesian descent living in Mediterra (estimate from the Mediterran Census, 2010).

The Sëkarian language (Baksa Sëkarska) originated from the languages spoken in Indonesian, mostly Indonesian itself and Javanese. However, due to influence from more recent newcomers, most of the (commonly spoken) words are influenced from Indonesia. Pronounciation stays mostly the same as in Indonesian, and the only letters from Mediterran are ö (pronounced u) and ë (pronounced the same). The Mediterran 'sj' becomes 'sy', 'nj' becomes 'ny', and 'j' is 'j', while 'y' is 'y'.

Example of the Sëkarian language:
"Pi kabare?" - How are you?
"Samat dateng di Meditera!" - Welcome to Mediterra!
"Ni dala kota Sëkar" - This is the city of Sëkar.
"Sa rasal dari Indonesia" - I come from Indonesia
"Sa tinggal di Maldria" - I live in Maldria
"Hay/Halo" - Hi/Hello
"Pa namane kowe?" - What's your name?
"Samat tinggal!" - Goodbye!

Due to the existence of Mediterran-Indonesians, a mountain nearby the city of Sëkar was occupied by the settlers, who started growing rice. They only grew rice during the summer. The mountain is now called Mount Padi and the rice produced there is distributed all over Mediterra. There is a farmer's village at the foot of Mt. Padi. The village, named Kënanga, has a population of 1,300.
Last edited by Mediterra on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Leona Runner-up at Harrikes, RTM Change National Final Forma

Postby Mediterra » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:22 am

MONTERRA - On Monday, April 2, 2012, the 7th edition of the World Hit Festival has been held in Harrikes, Euskirribakondara. Mediterra had debuted in this edition of the contest and sent Leona (real name Allica Ilham) to perform a song that was written by her and composed by Leo Hausfesst, called Förajna (Forever). Leo conducted the entry, and it received cheers in the middle of the song.
The song received points from 9 nations and ended up with 31 points, placed 2nd on the scoreboard, below the host nation, which has won for the second time in a row, meaning that if the broadcaster EUSK1 refuses to host the contest again, hosting rights will immediately go to Mediterra. Leona was certainly happy about this. After returning home, she had revealed that she was certainly very happy with the result. "We became runner up in our debut! Of course I'm very happy about this, I'm sure we all are, but after this I'll take a brief rest from doing things; it's tiring, you know. Then I'll have to go to Madrin in Albertasby to perform that song again, we'll see how it goes! I think we'll get third, because this song won the first time [during the national final] and recently got second [at WHF7]." She had also revealed her intention of participating in the 2nd Mediterran Melody Festival.

The morning after the festival, Radio-Television Mediterra, the national broadcaster, held a press conference. Jordan Hilskraft, the director, stated that the rules have changed for the 2nd MMF. "This time, it will be like a model of the festival itself. Each region will send a song and a singer to perform it. The voting method will stay the same, but this time, there will be 14 voters: the 12 regions, Mediterrans working outside Mediterra, and other nations.
But other nations will only have one vote combined."
Furthermore, he has announced that "We realise that there are nations which participate in both WHF and the WorldVision Song Contest, and we don't want to get bad scores due to sending the same song, so this will be the first and last time the winner of the Mediterran Melody Festival goes to WorldVision. Due to costs, we cannot stage another national final. Sending the second placed song also does not seem fair, even though other nations do it sometimes. Therefore, from now on, the Mediterra entry to WorldVision will be internally picked, and it cannot be a song that has participated in the most recent MMF, nor it certainly may not be a song that has won before.

Mediterrans are still celebrating because they have almost won the competition, and still have a chance to host the 8th World Hit Festival.

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Dish: Potata Slori

Postby Mediterra » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 pm

A variant of mashed potato is a popular Mediterran dish. The dish is known as "Potata Slori" (potato mixture) in Mediterran, as it can be made into various other dishes, such as potato cakes and potato pie.

The recipe of Potata Slori itself may vary, but this is the official recipe approved by the Ministry of Culture. It has been known to originate in Maldria.

Ingredients (measures are proportionate):
    - Potatoes
    - Pepper
    - Salt
    - Onions, sauteed
    - Garlic
    - Egg

Instructions:
    1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
    2. Mash altogether, preferably with a blender or mixer.
    3. Pour the 'mixture' into a plate/bowl, if not already in one.
    4. Steam.
    5. Repeat step 2.
    6. Serve and enjoy.

Some steps can be replaced with various other methods that become different dishes. Potato cakes are created by shaping the mixtures into balls and frying, and potato pie is created when it is baked instead of steamed and step 5 is omitted.

Image\
This is Potata Slori, cooked using the same recipe as above.

These are potato cakes, known as Potata Balër throughout Mediterra.

Last but not least, this is a variant of potato pie which is made with cheese. The original potato pie is called Potata Ghatå, while this dish would be called Potata Ghatå vit Kasa (potato pie with cheese).

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

En Dröm Magikal - Alja Gammël (Lyrics)

Postby Mediterra » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:12 pm

"En Dröm Magikal"
(A Magical Dream)
Lyrics by Alja Gammël
Composed by Alja Gammël
Originally performed by Alja Gammël
Melody (Das Große Erwachen by Annett Louisan)

Performance at WHF8

Das her en chilt önt chilf nikta (It was a cold and dark night)
Ik her alajnë önt trillannd (I was alone and scared)
I en refta i en kambër her ik (I was in a corner of a room)
Önt nåttent brenër allkan (Doing nothing)

Ber den allkan komt it mik (But then something came)
Ik komt myt allkan it lempran (I followed it somewhere)
Et her largha, önt et her bella (It was big and beautiful)
Ik lystë tap - ber ik kankatt! (I wanted to stay - but I woke up!)

Nidag… (Today...)
Ik felënd så lykkën (I feel so happy)
Sëkë beskdag nat (Because last night)
Ik hab en dröm (I had a dream)
Sëkë ik… (Because I...)
Sëkë ik hab en dröm magikal (Because I had a magical dream)
Önt ik rupënd dann (And I wished that)
Ik kann partiner (I could share it)
Myt du (With you)

Et komt hijr igen, ik komt myt et (It returned and I followed)
Ik her där igen, önt et her gud (It went there again, it was good)
Ik her i min dröm, et her magikal (I was in my dream, it was magical)
Kän her en kastil, bella kastil (There was a beautiful castle)

Ik gåt dar, kan her en om (I got there and met a man)
Ki komt it mik önt ki sert haj (He came and greeted me)
Ki verkallën mik en prinsesa (He called me a princess)
Ir ik verkallën kir en prinsa (So I called him a prince)

Nidag… (Today...)
Sëkë ik… (Because I...)
Myt du (With you)

Ber den allkan rantat (But then something happened)
Önt ik hoght tuna (And I fell)
Inta en dalma (Into a hole)
En meli dalma (A deep hole)
Ik her hoghënd önt (I fell and)
Ik her hoghënd önt (I fell and)
Den ik stopp (Then I stopped)
Ik kankatt (I woke up)

Nidag… (Today...)
Sëkë ik… (Because I...)
Myt du (With you)

This song was the Mediterran entry at the 8th World Hit Festival, held in Harrikes, Euskirribakondara.
Last edited by Mediterra on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mediterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Drums of Love - Sasha Whiner (Lyrics)

Postby Mediterra » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:29 pm

"Drums of Love"
Lyrics by Sasia Ankuruma
Composed by Sasia Ankuruma
Originally performed by Sasha Whiner
Melody (L'Amore e Femmina (Out of Love) by Nina Zilli)

Performance at WV22

Can you hear the beat?
What I hear is that the drums of love
Are beating away - boom, boom, boom!

If you listen close
You can hear it too - the drums of love
That makes my heart go boom, boom boom!

(It goes on, it won't stop) It beats just for you
'Cause I love you too - Oh, oh, oh, oh!
(But have you done the same?)
Will you love me too, and beat your drums?

I play the drums of love
No matter if it's day or night (tick tock, 24 hours a day)
I play the drums of love
Loud enough for you to hear it too (that's right, loud enough for you to hear)

I know you're there, hiding somewhere
So come out and join me in my game of love
Drums of love - come here and play with me too
Dum du-dum du-dum du-dum

Ooh, la la la la…

Do you have a drum?
If you have one then you'll play it too
The drums of love go boom, boom, boom!

We'll make harmony
Love each other and play drums of love
The music will go on and on!

(Is your love just a lie?) Of course I hope not
I don't wanna lose you-u-u-u!
(You'll love me with your heart?)
'Cause my love for you is from my heart

I play the drums of love
I play the drums of love

Dum du-dum du-dum du-dum

I know you are there
Will you come to me, or do you want me to look for you?
I'll find out where you've been hiding - I know you're there somewhere!

I play the drums of love
I play the drums of love

Dum du-dum du-dum du-dum

This song will represent Mediterra at the 22nd Worldvision Song Contest in Monterra, Mediterra.
Last edited by Mediterra on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information