NATION

PASSWORD

The Roman Catholic Church (open, all tech groups)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Urcea
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2005
Father Knows Best State

The Roman Catholic Church (open, all tech groups)

Postby Urcea » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:54 am

Last edited by Urcea on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:19 am, edited 92 times in total.
The Federal Republic of Urcea
President| Brianna Johnson
National Ideology| National Democracy
National Info/Links| Factbook, NSEconomy, Roman Catholic Church

Urcea
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:00 am

Should your nation look to enter into Communion with the Urceopolitan See, use the following form. After processing, you will most likely be integrated into the Church.

Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name[/b]
[b]Number of Catholics[/b]
[b]Rite (for instance, the "Roman Catholic Church" of Today uses the "Latin Rite")[/b]
Last edited by Urcea on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Christians
Secretary

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Christians » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:26 am

The State Religion and only legal religion of the Holy Empire of the Christians is the Holy Imperial Christian Church, Headed by His Imperial Majesty, Alexander III. Any members of the heretical "Roman Catholic Church" caught by the Holy Imperial Police will be subject to death by stoning.
The Holy Empire of the Christians
Government Type: Theocratic Absolute Monarchy
Language: Latin (Official)
Head of State: His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Alexander III
Head of Government: College of Cardinals
Military Size: 1,250,000 Conscripted Men

Kirav
Minister

Founded: Sep 07, 2006
Capitalizt

Postby Kirav » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Archidioecesis Unita Gentium Coscivianorum

It is with both great hope and profound sadness that we, the Governing Synod of the United Archdiocese of the Coscivian peoples, announce our intention to recognise His Holiness Clement XV as the sole legitimate Pontiff of the Church.

The United Archdiocese consists of three autonomous churches: The Church of Rome in Kiravia, the Coscivian Catholic Church, and the Marcevangelista Catholic Church. Together, it has a membership of some 682 million faithful. Since the year 1867 by the Gregorian calendar, the Catholics of the Coscivian World have been without a pontiff, as internal conflict concerning whether or not delegates should be sent to the First Vatican Council prompted the Archdiocese to withdraw itself from the Mother Church (we have since accepted both Vatican Councils independently). Rarely has a papacy been declared that we have deemed compatible with historical Catholic teaching, and the few that have have been slow to accept our offers of recognition.

Due to doctrinal differences, the Governong Synod has ruled to dissolve the United Archdiocese as we reörganise ourselves in recognition of the Urceopolitan See. The Church of Rome in Kiravia seeks full integration with the extant Church hierarchy. The Coscivian Catholic Church, on the other hand, seeks to enter communion with Pope Clement XV as a Uniate or Particular Church. The Marcevangelista Catholic Church has decided not to join its sister Churches in communion with the Urceopolitan Papacy, but is most interested in opening ecumenical dialogue.

Nation Name: The Archdiocese serves all Catholics in the Coscivian world. Our most substantial congregations are in the Kiravian Federacy, Triatha, and Usaya
Number of Catholics: 450,374,000
Rite: Latin Rite(Church of Rome in Kiravia), New Iatic Rite (Coscivian Catholic Church)

Urcea
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:54 pm

From the desk of Archbishop George M. Callahan, S.D.B., Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples

Today, I have learned of a great thing; a great multitude of Catholics have recognized the supremacy of the Church and have acknowledged full communion with Pope Clement XV. Of these states, the greatest of news is that of several Churches from Kirav entering into communion with His Holiness and the Urceopolitan See. Upon relating this news to His Holiness, much celebration and elation took place in the halls of the New Lateran Palace, which was recently completed on the grounds of the Urcean Imperial Palace.

As for the specific Kiravian Churches in question; "The Church of Rome in Kiravia", who seeks to be fully incorporated into the Church's administrative and diocesan structure, shall have their request granted. We shall give the Bishops and Cardinals at the head of that particular Church the right to reorganize the Kiravian Faithful under their jurisdiction into any dioceses or archdioceses they feel to be the most sensible. As for "The Coscivian Catholic Church", who stated their intent to join the Church sui iuris will also have their request granted; although their practices are not perfect, they recognize the supremacy of His Holiness and perform valid sacraments, particularly that of Holy Communion. As a sui iuris Church, they shall be given a fair amount of autonomy as how to organize the faithful under their jurisdiction. The last Church in question is that of "The Marcevangelista Catholic Church", who has declined the opportunity to recognize the pontifical supremacy of Pope Clement XV. However, we are open to inviting to them into the ranks of the faithful as a sui iuris Church. They have called for dialogue, and we would definitely be interested in such a measure.
Last edited by Urcea on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plantagenet Jerusalem
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Plantagenet Jerusalem » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Nation Name The Kingdom of Plantagenet Jerusalem
Number of Catholics 6,000,000
Rite (for instance, the "Roman Catholic Church" of Today uses the "Latin Rite") Latin Rite

Kirav
Minister

Founded: Sep 07, 2006
Capitalizt

Postby Kirav » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:08 am

Archidioecesis Unita Gentium Coscivianorum

On behalf of our congregations, we thank the Holy See for accepting us back into the Mother Church. The Catholics of the Coscivian world have been awaiting this day for over half a century, and rejoice in reëntering communion with our brothers and sisters worldwide.

As for the diocesan structure of our Churches: The Church of Rome in Kiravia comprises some 200 territorial dioceses. These were originally organised into Metropolitan Provinces governed by Provincial Synods, but shall be replaced with Metropolitan Provinces governed by additional Archbishops. We shall be sending a list of standing bishops recommended for promotion to the Archepiscopate in due time. The Coscivian Catholic Church shall retain its current administrative structure. Both churches have jointly operated a diocese-at-large for the Catholic members of the Kiravian Armed Forces, and would like to continue this joint ministry.

--

Archdiocese of Enoávila
Autonomous Holy Mother Catholic Church of Santheres under the Auspices of St. Mark in Kiravia

Though we do lament the dissolution of our formal communion with our sister Churches, it is understood that we are still united by our faith in Christ and our fidelity to the apostolic and Catholic tradition. It is also understood that we shall continue our coöperation with them in pursuit of righteousness and social justice. It is necessary, then that we open up dialogue with the Urceopolitan See, so that we may join forces with not only the Kiravian faithful, but all other Catholics under your leadership to shape this world according to the Word of the Lord.

As Acting Primate of the Marcevangelista Catholic Church in Kiravia, I am most glad to learn that the Papacy reciporicates our interest in ecumenical dialogue, and look forward to conducting said dialogue in the near future.

Also, we appreciate your offer to accept the Marcevangelista Church into the Roman Catholic Church sui iuris, but I am afraid that such matters are above my level of jurisdiction, and would require consultation with the upper levels of our Church hierarchy in Santheres.

Yours in Christ,

Aþanasius V.D.S. Eriatuva

Archbishop of Enoávila
Acting Primate, Autonomous Holy Mother Catholic Church of Santheres under the Auspices of St. Mark in Kiravia

Brasland
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brasland » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:16 am

Pantocratoria -whose bishop was elected as Pope Clement XV- has restored the nation called The Dominion of The Holy See and Curia. Any attempt by Urcea to arrange a Papal seat in its territory is useless and hides the intention to control the Roman Catholic Church.

Urcea
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Saints of the Church
((OOC: IC Saints in addition to the real life Catholic Saints)).

1. Emperor St. Julius I (Urcea)
Last edited by Urcea on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osthia
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:33 pm

To His Holiness, Pope Clement XV,
As the sole Cardinal-Priest representing the Constitutional Empire of Osthia, it is my greatest honor to inform you that the Catholics of Osthia accept you as the Heir to Saint Peter. However, many say that they wish to see me declared as the legitimate Osthian Cardinal Archbishop of Ostrega. If this is allowed, His Holiness will have won the hearts of the Osthian Peoples who accept the Roman Catholic faith. Thank you, and God bless.
Sincerely,
His Eminence
Augustine Cardinal Yorsillius

Nation Name The Constitutional Empire of Osthia
Number of Catholics About 90% of the Osthian Empire is Roman Catholic.
Rite It varies from archdiocese to archdiocese, but the majority of Rites are either New Osthian or are Latin Rites.

Urcea
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Osthia wrote:To His Holiness, Pope Clement XV,
As the sole Cardinal-Priest representing the Constitutional Empire of Osthia, it is my greatest honor to inform you that the Catholics of Osthia accept you as the Heir to Saint Peter. However, many say that they wish to see me declared as the legitimate Osthian Cardinal Archbishop of Ostrega. If this is allowed, His Holiness will have won the hearts of the Osthian Peoples who accept the Roman Catholic faith. Thank you, and God bless.
Sincerely,
His Eminence
Augustine Cardinal Yorsillius

Nation Name The Constitutional Empire of Osthia
Number of Catholics About 90% of the Osthian Empire is Roman Catholic.
Rite It varies from archdiocese to archdiocese, but the majority of Rites are either New Osthian or are Latin Rites.

From the Papal Throne, a Decree by His Holiness, Clement XV,

I have seen and noted how I have called out and the Church as a whole has called out, and a precious few thus far have answered the call to faithfulness, and less still have answered the call to continue the eternal Church as it once was and always has been. Indeed, however, you, the Osthian people, have seen my call and answered.

The Osthian people, being seen as true to the Church and to its teachings, will be recognized as being in communion with the Seat of St. Peter.

As a reward for his dedication to the Church and its Doctrines, I see that Augustine Cardinal Yorsillius is a faithful servant of God and of his Church. I entrust the Osthian people to the care and protection of Cardinal Yorsillius, as I see him as a fair and just Sheppard of the people of God. He shall be, from this point onwards, the Archbishop of Ostrega.

May we all walk in the Light of God.

Pope Clement XV
(Vicarius Christi, Pontifex Maximus, servus servorum Dei)

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lacus Magni » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:24 pm

TO: His Holiness, Pope Clement XV

Holy Father,

I am writing this letter to you personally on behalf of all Catholic peoples in the Empire. As Imperator, the people look to me for leadership, and I to God for the same. I would like to inform you that as of today, The Empire of Lacus Magni, recognizes you, Pope Clement XV as the Bishop of Rome, Pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church and true Heir to Saint Peter. Below I have attached some information regarding Catholicism in my Empire. As always may God be with you.

Nation Name The Empire of Lacus Magni
Number of Catholics about 87% of the population
Rite (for instance, the "Roman Catholic Church" of Today uses the "Latin Rite") Latin Rite, and small groups of Eastern Rite

God Bless,
Caesar Jason Augustus, Imperator of Lacus Magni
Last edited by Lacus Magni on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Admin and Member of Ajax (Discord)
Active Projects
Latium (Map) | Sydalon (Map) | Gelonia (Map) | Vardana (Map)

Urcea
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Lacus Magni wrote:

Holy Father,

I am writing this letter to you personally on behalf of all Catholic peoples in the Empire. As Imperator, the people look to me for leadership, and I to God for the same. I would like to inform you that as of today, The Empire of Lacus Magni, recognizes you, Pope Clement XV as the Bishop of Rome, Pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church and true Heir to Saint Peter. Below I have attached some information regarding Catholicism in my Empire. As always may God be with you.

Nation Name The Empire of Lacus Magni
Number of Catholics Around 350,000,000 (about 87% of the Empire)
Rite (for instance, the "Roman Catholic Church" of Today uses the "Latin Rite") Latin Rite, and small groups of Eastern Rite

God Bless,
(Image)
Caesar Jason Augustus, Imperator of Lacus Magni

From the desk of Archbishop George M. Callahan, S.D.B., Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples

I have received notification of the people of the Imperium of Lacus Magni recognizing the Supremecy of Pope Clement XV and their intention to enter into full communion with His Holiness. I have notified His Holiness of this, and he is quite pleased with this development. From this point onwards, the Imperium shall be recognized as a member of the flock.

His Holiness is also quite happy to see that the Holy Church grows by the day, as more and more peoples enter the fold and recognize its legitimacy as the sole Church on Earth. That a Catholic state such as Lacus Magni would do so is a very encouraging sign. Even people from generally faithless nations have entered into communion with His Holiness, such as the handful of parishes that exist in Bob From Sales.
Last edited by Urcea on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wiendonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiendonia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:43 pm

To His Holiness Pope Clement XV,
We here at the Wiendonian Catholic Chirch have sought the kind of theological order you seek to bring.As head of the Catholic Church here we will most enthusiastically join your cause to unite Catholicism.
Signed,
His Holiness Partiarch Pious XXV

Nation Name: Federal Democratic Republic of Wiendonia

Number of Catholics: over 85% of the republic

Rites: Post Vatican 2 followings
I RP as the Zardic People's Party in Particracy! Join me there :D
Politically i fall on the New Right of the good ole US of A. Neocon/liberal conservative.
I tend to be more socially conservative and economically moderate.

Urcea
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Wiendonia wrote:
To His Holiness Pope Clement XV,
We here at the Wiendonian Catholic Chirch have sought the kind of theological order you seek to bring.As head of the Catholic Church here we will most enthusiastically join your cause to unite Catholicism.
Signed,
His Holiness Partiarch Pious XXV

Nation Name: Federal Democratic Republic of Wiendonia

Number of Catholics: over 85% of the republic

Rites: Post Vatican 2 followings

We are quite pleased to see the ideas and enthusiasm for the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church growing by the day. Peoples frm all over the world, such as in Wiendonia, are eager to re-enter a flock, as if sheep returning to the shepherd. Indeed, one may even compare it to the parable of the prodigal son.
Last edited by Urcea on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeorus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2006
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Zeorus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Nation Name: The Theodemocratic States of Zeorus
Number of Catholics: Catholics make up roughly 18% of the Zeorite population (rough numerical estimate: 13,000,000)
Rite: Latin Rite
רְעוּאֵל בֶּמ זֵוֹרֻס הַשֶׁטֶף
Veteran Assassin, Brotherhood of Malice

Urcea
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:43 pm

We have seen the call of the Zeroite Catholics to enter into Communion with the Holy Church and His Holiness, Clement XV. His Holiness has acknowledged them, and we shall make it known they are part of the Holy Church. Discussions and dialogue continue throughout the world, with nations both of Catholic Majorities to nations with parishes that can be counted upon one hand. Regional nations such as Kazomal and Odoneru have been entered into dialogue, as well. The Holy Church continues to grow, fulfilling the words of Christ, to "go and make disciples of all nations."

The Third Nova Terra of Scrin
Minister

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Third Nova Terra of Scrin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:56 pm

The Third Terra Nova of Scrin do not like to become a part of your church because we have a church here in NS named the Holy Imperial Church of the Third Terra Nova of Scrin but we would like and is interested to further and improve our relations as a part of our program to become closer to other Christian churches here in NS.
Economic Left/Right: 1.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.13
Pro: Christianity, capitalism, democracy, creationism, Russia, Israel, freedom and liberty, nationalism, pro-life
Anti: Islam, socialism, communism, evolution, secularism, atheism, U.S.A, UN, E.U, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, politically correct, pro-choice
We're not a theocracy albeit Christian. THE CORRECT NAME OF THIS NATION IS TANZHIYE.
Also, please refrain from referring to me by using male pronouns.
IATA Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyKkpdwLkiY - Hey! Hey! Hey! Start Dash!

Dormanshire
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dormanshire » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Being of sound Catholic faith, I, the Emperor or Dormanshire, do direct the Bishops of the Holy Church in Dormanshire to recognize Clement XV as undisputed Supreme Pontiff.

Nation Name: Dormanshire
Number of Catholics: 1.521 billion (entire population of Dormanshire)
Rite (for instance, the "Roman Catholic Church" of Today uses the "Latin Rite"): Latin Rite is the majority, though the more traditional, Anglican Rite, is still very prevalent.

Urcea
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 pm

I continue to see various dioceses and parishes be integrated into the Holy Church! This, of course, is good news, which the Holy Father, although ailing, it very much pleased to hear. We are first pleased to hear about the people of Dormanshire, a fairly ancient people with a rich Christian tradition, joining the Church. Second, we hear about the opportunity of dialogue, which we will always accept.

De Civitate Dei
Secretary

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby De Civitate Dei » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Snip.
Last edited by De Civitate Dei on Sat May 12, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.
His Holiness Pope Celestine VI
Catholic Nation? Join the Roman Catholic Church!
The Roman Catholic Church does not claim to be the real-life Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church thread is a religious organization that functions as the RCC in the NS Universe. Please telegram any comments, questions, or concerns to this nation.

Urcea
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:40 am

From the Papal Throne, a Decree by His Holiness, Clement XV,

George Callahan informed me of the communion of the people of the "Roman Commonwealth" with myself and with the Church as a whole. I felt the need to respond myself. This, today, is a great moment for the Church and for the Roman people, in all of the domains in association, binding or loose, with the Roman monarchy.

I personally welcome them to the flock. I personally welcome Alberto Cardinal Baggia to the flock, as well. In exchange for his service to the eternal Holy Church and to his flock, I shall grant his request to recognize the legitimacy of his titles as the Chancellor of his particular state, as well as the title of Cardinal Bishop of Catania. I have considered, additionally, his request for the title of Patriarch of the Roman Commonwealth. I instead grant him this title: Patriarch of S.P. Romans All.

On a more personal note...thank you. For your years of dedication to the Church. We shall not forget it. Whether Urcean or Roman, it does not matter.

Pope Clement XV
(Vicarius Christi, Pontifex Maximus, servus servorum Dei)

Aleckandor
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aleckandor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:12 am

Nation Name: The Eon-Long Confederacy of Aleckandor
Number of Catholics: 78% Of Pop.
Rite: 'Latin Rite'
♜♞♝ ~ THE GLOBAL SOVEREIGN CONFEDERACY OF ALECKANDOR ~ ♝♞♜
The IC demonym is "Aleckandorean(s)". Just call me Aleck.
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

Malaysii
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malaysii » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Nation Name The Empire of Malaysii
Number of Catholics Over 65% of the nation.
Rite Latin Rite

Signed,
King Joseph Vurell XXI

Urcea
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:28 pm

The Holy Church continuously grows, to no end it seems. This is all well and good. Two new congregations, from the nations of Malaysii and Aleckandor, have seen the light of Christ in their lands, and have decided to enter into communion with the Holy Urceopolitan See.

The news is not always as good, however. News has come out that His Holiness, Clement XV, has become gravely ill. It is feared that he is succumbing to the stomach cancer that has plagued him for nearly fifteen years. The best doctors in Urcea have been brought in to try and bring him back to good health. Let us all pray that he makes a full recovery. I personally have administered what is colloquially known as the "last rites" to the Holy Father.

May the Lord God preserve him and help him and us all in this time of need.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents