NATION

PASSWORD

Question and Answer Threads

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Question and Answer Threads

Postby Euroslavia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:43 am

A previous ruling was made on the Jolt forums concerning these threads, of which it was determined that these question and answer ideas could simply be answered in a nation's factbook. So any further question and answer thread will be locked.

For reference: http://forums.joltonline.com/showpost.p ... ostcount=2 = old ruling.

I'm going to leave this open if there are any questions or concerns.

This factbook is a perfect example of what could be done to factbooks to add a question and answer portion to it: Stoklomolvi's Factbook Thread or Maraque's Factbook/Q&A Thread. If you would like to create a new factbook based on that format (and you already have one up and going), link your old one here so that I can lock it.
Last edited by Euroslavia on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Parilisa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 24, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Question and Answer Threads

Postby Parilisa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:02 pm

Are you going to block ones which are already running?

The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scandinvans » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:06 pm

I am sorry I have forgotten the rules my almighty mods. I shall cease and desist immediately in order to avoid incurring the wrath of my beloved mod rulers, whose divine might should never be questioned. :p

Also, feel free, to delete my old thread as any signs of my prior deviancy should be purged.
Last edited by The Scandinvans on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Parilisa wrote:Are you going to block ones which are already running?

Yes. I would suggest that you create a factbook similar to this: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10765&start=0 Where you can simply have a question and answer portion (in its own post) within your own factbook so that you can have an all-in-one thread for anything about your nation.

Also, if you already have a factbook thread and you'd like to re-create it so that you can have that additional post right below your main factbook post, post your original factbook link here so that I can lock it (so that you may create a new one with a different format).
Last edited by Euroslavia on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Parilisa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Parilisa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:11 pm

Is there a reason for this?

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:11 pm

The Scandinvans wrote:I am sorry I have forgotten the rules my almighty mods. I shall cease and desist immediately in order to avoid incurring the wrath of my beloved mod rulers, whose divine might should never be questioned. :p

Meh, it happens. It's not necessarily a bad trend, it's just the fact that all of these things could be incorporated into their factbook thread. Some of the questions being asked are really great.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:13 pm

Parilisa wrote:Is there a reason for this?

Based on a past ruling on Jolt dealing with copycat threads (which is linked to in the first post), as well as our general rules about copycat threads. There's some good information in a few of the threads (yes, I've read your question and answer thread as well, and you've got some very detailed responses, which I enjoyed reading), but all in all, this information is better suited for your factbook thread.

Also, the fact that question and answer threads are filling up the first and second page on this forum, which in turn tosses the factbooks that've been created further back.
Last edited by Euroslavia on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Parilisa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Parilisa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:16 pm

And there was me thinking it was just trigger happy modding. I can understand now you explain it so well, and when I get round to making a copy of my Wikistates page on here I'll include a Q&A section.

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Parilisa wrote:And there was me thinking it was just trigger happy modding. I can understand now you explain it so well, and when I get round to making a copy of my Wikistates page on here I'll include a Q&A section.

Awesome. :)
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Ostronopolis
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ostronopolis » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Well, my opinion;

Absolute and total bullshit.

However, mods and admins run the game, and we all love to play it obviously, so I'll play by there rules even while in protest :meh:
Most Noble Republican Union of Ostronopolis
“Mortici Touaente Antimia”
Ostronopolian Trading Company || Congburgers || Communique Guide || Factbook ||
Member of: || The Conglomerate || Sovereign Network
Observer of: || COMINTERN || IFA ||

Quotes:
<Amit:> Ostro
<Amit> Through your sheer force of character
<Amit> You could get a nation to work for you

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Ostronopolis wrote:Well, my opinion;

However, mods and admins run the game, and we all love to play it obviously, so I'll play by there rules even while in protest :meh:

Check the thread in moderation, this was brought up by players (notably myself). All the legitimate threads were pushed back by these threads, most of which have only one or two replies.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Stoklomolvi
Minister

Founded: May 02, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Stoklomolvi » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:09 pm

Ostronopolis, it's bullshit until you get around to start paying for bandwidth and the servers and/or own a thread that was bumped 2 pages back due to the excess of random Q&A threads. Then you'll understand.
Demonym: Stoklomolvi
Stoklomolvi Liaoist Federation
Factbook -- Interpol -- Liaoism (old) -- News Agency (old) -- Commerce Comissariat -- Minyang
Defensive Preparedness: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Nuclear Launch Protocol: А | Б | В | Г | Д
Leader: Commissar Vladimir Mikhailovich Stuyonovich

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:24 pm

You're very welcome to express your opinion. I simply believe (as well as others based on the previous ruling) that such questions are best suited for your factbook thread, rather than having two seperate threads dealing with questions about your nation. Create a thread with the first post being your actual factbook, and your second post being a filler (post something like "Reserving this for questions and answers") so that as questions are sent to you, you can edit them into the 2nd post.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:07 pm

Gah. I still can't believe nobody took the hint and asked me about Anemonian liquor before it was all locked up. Ah well.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:51 pm

No, the mods made a good choice. There were far too many Q&A threads. So many so that at least two were facetious -- though Derscon's got locked as being purely spam.

These Q&As are entirely unnecessary and they almost entirely consisted of dumb questions with answers that no one but the asker cared about ("What does your nation think of my nation?"). These could be asked via TG if you actually care. A lot of other questions were obvious (what does the GWO think about communists? What do you think they think? Really.)

And none, excluding mine (for those who participated, anyway), were even entertaining to read.

Euro, you missed mine. There are far too many dumb posts in there for me to edit in an abridged factbook and tack on a Q&A section.
Last edited by Santheres on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:50 pm

I think my QnA thread was still the best -_-

Good call, though.
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Wikipedia and Universe
Senator

Founded: Jul 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikipedia and Universe » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:17 am

So you're saying that Q&A threads are OK as long as they are merged together with factbook threads.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if they get pissed, they'll be a mile away- and barefoot.
Proud Member and Co-Founder of the MDISC Alliance
An ODECON Naval Analyst wrote:Superior tactics and training can in fact triumph over force of numbers and missile spam.
Bottle wrote:This is not rocket surgery, folks.
Senestrum wrote:This is relativity, the theory that takes everything we know about the world, bends it over, and fucks it to death with a spiked dildo.

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Wikipedia and Universe wrote:So you're saying that Q&A threads are OK as long as they are merged together with factbook threads.

Essentially, yes. The general ruling is "there's nothing wrong with having Q&A sections tacked on to your factbook thread, but Q&A threads on their own will clutter this forum needlessly."
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:41 pm

i must be missing something because i fail to comprehend how what appears to be the whole point of a things existing becomes "useless clutter"

perhaps i've simply reached an age when one begins failing to comprehend a great many things.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Bronson Prime
Attaché

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bronson Prime » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:28 pm

What happened to the topic/thread regarding maps of the various regions? I can no longer locate the subject. Can someone help me out here?
ImperialMilitaryAlliance member ** Imperial Combine Alliance member

Kyrack
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrack » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Not alot of regions like region maps.

Also how do you create a region?

Chroshak
Attaché

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chroshak » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Is it allowed to advertise your region in the forums, I was thinking on doing it in forum 7, But I don't want to get banned.
Templaric Codex: 23:7: If one isn't certain, He must question.
If one is certain, He is in denial.

Paladin's Lore: 7:23: If you helm your tongue and use your sword, violence and chaos it will bring.
If you helm your sword and use your tongue, peace and tranquility can be arranged.

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu168/xXAgeofVanityXx/Black_Templars_Symbol.png

Be with the Archon, May his spirit and will guild you through the afterlife.
Economic Left/Right: 5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.77
(from http://www.politicalcompass.org/)

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:29 am

Chroshak wrote:Is it allowed to advertise your region in the forums, I was thinking on doing it in forum 7, But I don't want to get banned.

Yes, but only in the 'Gameplay' section.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:08 am

Needs locked- viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27414
Sorry, I didn't realise.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Deukalionnic Republics
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Deukalionnic Republics » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:12 am

Old Tyrannia wrote:Needs locked- viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27414
Sorry, I didn't realise.

There are a few others too:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27410
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27413
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27411
Last edited by Deukalionnic Republics on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
HAIL REPPY, HER MODDESS!
About Our King
Deukalionnic Republics- Roleplayed as MT and PT
Member of GIDA (Sergeant)
Boats Factbook Embassies Charter And Q&A
F7 Army
"Air Force"
25 Pegasi with Riders, armed with Greek Fire
"Army"
1 Minotaur
50 Hydras
2,000 Spearmen