NATION

PASSWORD

Kylarnatian Imperial News International [Closed]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Kylarnatian Imperial News International [Closed]

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Who are we?

We're Kylarnatian Imperial News International, the International Branch of Kylarnatia's leading news network, Kylarnatian Imperial News [KIN]. It was in 1971 that the Chairman of the time, Vince Dennis Jr., poured millions of Kylarnatian Dollars into the funding of forming the KINI Branch. It took almost four years before the network became operational, due to the country's former isolationist policy. Vince Dennis Jr. had actually been taken to court, for trying to set up an international news network whilst the isolationist stance was in effect. He died of a stroke in 1976, so in his memory the network took on the hashcode #Vincjr.INTR on the world registry of channel networks.

Today, with Chairman Casper Bennit at the head, Kylarnatian Imperial News and the KINI sister network are striving to become the fastest growing networks on the national and international stage. So much so, that Casper has set this target to be achieved by 2016. Contrary to belief, this has spurred the employees of KIN to work to the best of their abilities, to be able to report full in-depth news to the nation and the world.

What do we do?

The KINI Network strives to bring the best up-to-date news to all corners of the globe, with reporters situated in all the active countries on the International stage. All our reporters work to their best possible standards, with the other sides opinions in mind to give a totally un-biased report. The reporters we also employ are experts in the places and environments in which they operate, so their reports are able to be the most detailed but most importantly, easy to read.

On this International feed, we also only give you the biggest stories from Kylarnatia and abroad, so you don't have to wade through all the other articles which are not important to you.

Work in Progress
Last edited by Kylarnatia on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:15 am, edited 7 times in total.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

#001: Anglo-Kylarnatia change to new currency

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:06 pm

Anglo-Kylarnatia changes to new currency
By Josie Whitehall (#josiewhitehall)
Oct. 23rd, 2011
Krisdall Government Building

Krisdall, Anglo-Kylarnatia - The Kylarnatian Dollar has always been the main currency of the Imperium Antiquum since 1901 after the collapse of the Soverign in the years before. It had always been the aim of the Imperium to keep this tie strong, trying to keep out of any single currencys that the regions the Imperium stretched over may create. Though that is now over, as today the Imperium Colony of Anglo-Kylarnatia has changed to the Afric, becoming a part of the new Afric-Zone being set up in the United Africa region that the colony is situated in.

The Imperium Regent, Dr. Francois Andrews, put the proposal forward to the Caesar earlier this month and with what has been reported as a small margin victory, the Imperial Court has passed the proposal, saying that the Imperium Colonies all had the right to govern themselves in modern times, as long as they respected the overruling right of the Caesar. Francois Andrews met with me today outside the Krisdall Government Building (pictured) in the capital of the colony, Krisdall. He was overjoyed by the decision, stating that, "...it would improve the quality of the colonies of the Imperium, and promote greater independence throughout the empire." Though not many of the citizens of Anglo-Kylarnatia seem pleased by the decision.

Some say it makes them feel "...seperated from the Imperium.", whereas others just say that it's "...a pathway to economical decline in the colony." Though the politicians of the Krisdall Building say otherwise. Whatever the people may feel, the proposal has been passed and is in effect as of tommorow, though their Kylarnatian Dollars will still be maintained at the value they were till all their money is converted to the Afric, the currency of the new single currency zone, set up by the United Tribes of Ibeiria some months ago. Currently, 10 nations of the 122 nations apart of United Africa have joined the new Afric-Zone.

Anglo-Kylarnatia is apart of P.A.P.I Group, the four strongest economies in the region (Paradice, Anglo-Kylarnatia, Popaholick, Ibeiria).

Last edited by Kylarnatia on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

#002: Over 47,000 Infected by Sondrian Virus

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Over 47,000 Infected by Sondrian Virus
19th December 2011
Tiamian Police mask themselves

The Citadel, Tiami - It's uncomfortably quiet in the Citadel tonight, as the Crown Dependency pays it's respects to those who've fallen victim to a regional wide virus which has spread in less then a few hours. People are frightened as they're ordered by the government to wear masks and report for testing to see if they're carriers. Nobody can be certain, as it's believed it takes up to two days for actual symptoms to begin arising, if the virus itself hasn't killed them already.

I too, have to wear a mask at this very moment. Some areas of the Crown Dependency's capital have become quarantine zones after the official figure of infected individuals has risen to 47,000. This also includes other parts of the country which have also reported infected. As a result of this outbreak and the fast number of lives that have been taken, small protests are now starting to emerge accusing the government of 'underfunding' the healthcare system and 'not doing its best to protect the lives of citizens'. Therefore, the Tiamian Police Force have been deployed in the capital tonight, to make sure violence is kept to a minimal.

When I spoke to a police officer earlier this evening, he told me that "...everything is under control." And that "...Tiamian citizens should not fear any mass outbreaks of violence in the days to come." However, some are sceptical of what will indeed happen in the next few days. It is also rumoured that pro-Tiami demonstrators shall also try and cause disturbances in an effort to downsize the Imperium Antiquums rule over the Crown Dependency.

Meanwhile, no official statement as of yet has come from the Crown Regent, Marisike Yamaku or the Tiamian Government itself, apart from the orders given to the populace. No statement has been released by the Fangthane Palace either, though it is believed that the Caesar shall impose emergency powers over the Crown Dependency in days to come.

Many other Sondrian nations are affected by the virus, including Aquilinia, Crontor, and the Mighty Islands. The Provinces have not reported any infected individuals as of yet, and to make sure that nobody is infected the borders have been closed off and are currently being patrolled by military personnel. The Mighty Islands has called a conference in the Sondrian Regional Council Chambers which preside in a small batch of islands owned by all members of the Sondrian Regional Council, to discuss the matter. It's not known what matter of Kylarnatian Delegation shall attend, if not at all.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

#003: 2012: A Year of Conflict or Peace?

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:16 pm

2012: A Year of Conflict or Peace?
By Michael Hammond (#michaelh.)
1st January 2012

Krytopia, Kylarnatia - As the year changes from 2011 to 2012, there is mass celebration here in Krytopia, Kylarnatia's extravagent capital. People cheer and dance in the streets as a parade passes by, the Tsarina herself bearing witness to it all from atop a golden throne. However, as I watch this parade pass by me I do contemplate what the next year will bring for the nation. 2011 has seen a lot of change for our nation, as every year generally does, but we've also witnessed a lot of conflict.

From simple colonial disputes to the war still raging on in Varathron, historians and common spectators say that "...Kylarnatian military action has increased ten-fold in the past year alone." and they believe it's only going to grow. An annual report published by the Imperial Court every year, accounting government spending throughout that previous year, showed today that in 2011, Defence spending increased from 3% of the budget in the year before that, all the way to 18% in the space of a year. It is therefore estimated that the military budget of 2011 was worth K$30tn (Thirty Trillion Kylarnatian Dollars).

A statement from the Imperial Court said that "All budgets were built upon the demands of the public." and that "...increase in defence spending was necassary to protect the swelling borders of the Imperium." An additional statement from the Fangthane Palace, on behalf of the Tsarina herself, said that "The Caesar worked non-stop in twenty-eleven to keep a balance in the budgets." And "...She walked lightly as to not upset her subjects."

However, small scale protests have taken place throughout the past year, condemning the economic policy of the Tsarina and her government, who only came into session halfway through the past year. Protesters have said that the economic policy is "Greedy." And "...totally under military control."

Though not everyone is arguing against the policy, there is no denial that it has changed the face of the Kylarnatian economy. At the beginning of 2011, Kylarnatian citizens payed hardly any income tax. Now, they pay up to 68% Income Tax, even higher for those earning over K$320,000 a year. That means that the Private Sector has also been punished, previously having a 100% Grip on the economy, now losing over 20% to the new Public Sector, and it is forcast that they shall lose an additional 15% over 2012. A spokesperson for a Private Sector group said that the companies he represented felt "Squeezed." And "...as if they were being lashed by the government."

A spokesperson for the Ministry of Economics, however, said that "The shrinking of the Private Sector was necassary to save the Imperium from the leadership of Conglomerates and the collapse of the economy." And that "...growth in the Public Sector is aiding towards better hospitals and schools, and improvements in public transport and mail."

Though that is partly true, overall public sector funding for things like Education has dropped overall in the past year due to military demand. At the beginning of 2011, the Education Budget recieved a massive 20% of Government spending. Now, by the end of the year, it recieves just over 12%. This has led to rumours that Student and Teacher Unions plan to strike as soon as mid-January.

So, with conflicts seemed to continue and arise abroad and at home, 2012 does not look as if it is going to be a peaceful one. In February, the Imperial Court is to discuss the budget for the rest of the upcoming year, and there is hope that it will not create a majority 'reciever'. However, it is believed that the Defence Budget is only going to increase, much to the dismay of others in the other budget areas.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

#004: Imperium Armed Forces mobilize for Gothic Civil War

Postby Kylarnatia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:02 am

Imperium Armed Forces Mobilize for Gothic Civil War
10th March 2012
The flag of the now fractured Gholgoth Regional Alliance

Greswald, Kylarnatia - For the past few weeks, there has been huge activity within the region. And not of the positive kind. Within hours of 'reawakening', the Kraven Reich, a state that only exists as a permanent war machine with no emotion, crossed the demilitarized zone between them and the nation of Dephire, which immediately came into union with the Reich. This stunned the entire region and put us all on high alert, as the Kravenites only negotiate on their terms, so we all knew it would amount to war. The Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd, which is directly below Kraven, is now under heavy threat, with intense bombings already pounding their shores. The rest of Gholgoth was immediately made to choose: side with Kraven, fight for the old order, or go rogue.

The Imperium Antiquum has chosen to fight for the old order, but within a union. To the north of Kylarnatia is Sambizie, the third biggest state in Gholgoth, and throughout our entire history we've gone through border disputes and even minor conflicts. However, today it has been revealed that the Kylarnatians and Sambizians are now in "Close union." And apparently always have been. Neither my colleagues or I could get a word with a government official, but we can definitely understand how this could have all come about. With this union now called, the Imperium has been able to call up all it has in its arsenal to support the war effort. Reserves were immediately called up, and Arms Manufacturing capacity almost doubled over night due to the order of the Imperialis Senatus.

Schools have also been closed down, with the national curriculum being "Put on hold." while a decision is being made on what would be best for the children and families. The students, aged from 13-18, will still have to report to their schools to partake in the 'Military Practice' which was already apart of their timetables. Talks are also being held to discuss if it would be a good idea to invite adults into the scheme, too, to refresh their minds about the training they went through also as a student. There is no doubt this will go through.

In the past few days, we've seen massive amounts of troops, vehicles and supplies flood into the Military Port of Greswald. It is estimated that almost five million troops have been called up from the Imperium Antiquum alone to tackle the threat of the Kraven Reich. The Senatus has confirmed that Dux Imperator Duncan Treii Octavian, a seasoned veteran from Imperium High Command, shall be at the helm of this massive force. This seems to have installed massive amounts of hope in the military, and civilian populace. In the early hours of yesterday morning, the fleet departed to meet up with the Sambizian support coming down from the North. It is estimated that it will be a day or two before we engage in the conflict, but the soldiers seem to hope that they arrive before Milograd is possibly destroyed.

Meanwhile, there has been no word on Kylarnatian action against Ralkovia. The Freekish Empire is, along with the Sniper Confederacy, fighting on that front against Emperor Joshua Raskov II and his men. Lord Damien Dreadfire is active there himself, at the head of the entire 1st Cohort, which totals almost one-hundred million men. Once again, there has been no word on any possibility of Imperium deployment there, yet.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

#005: Muslims massacred in Ralkovia!

Postby Kylarnatia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Muslims massacred in Ralkovia!
By an Anonymous Reporter
4th April 2012
The Village of To'aki in flames

Lumbistan, Ralkovia - It has always been apparent to the world, that the Empire of Ralkovia is very tense towards other ethnic groups that do not follow the teachings of Judaism. None more so then the Muslim community. Although some would say that is understandable, due to the historic feud between the two major religions, I doubt anybody would condone the amount of brutality used by the Ralkovian Death Guard here this afternoon in such places like the village of To'aki, in the province of Lumbistan, just outside the capital of New Ramkov.

To'aki is just one example of massacres happening across the whole of what is a Muslim-majority province. Out of the three-hundred and eighty nine inhabitants of To'aki, which sources suggest was split into forty-seven families, none have survived. Not a single soul. Now if we were to imagine that as the same for every single village or town in the province of Lumbistan, which number in the hundreds of thousands if not millions, the number of dead is bound to be off the scale. The methods of execution are barbaric. Women beheaded like chickens, men tied to the back of APCs and dragged for miles in the desert. Babies ripped apart and thrown into the air like clay shooting disks. And that is only a small part of the picture. The rest would probably have to be censored.

These attacks were provoked by the attempted Muslim uprising earlier this year, in which attacks were made just miles outside of the capital of New Ramkov. Fifty-thousand Ralkovian colonialists were killed during the attacks. Therefore, some may feel that these attacks are acceptable, but they're not just killing the terrorists who committed the attacks, they're killing every Muslim, one by one. They use the attack as the excuse to do so, and plan to get away with it. Though I intend for this article, which will be streaming worldwide, to foil these plans.

The hunting down of terrorists is one thing, but the slaughter of millions who affiliate themselves to Islam, is a completely different affair.

Return to Factbooks and National Information