NATION

PASSWORD

Provinces of your country

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nohn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nohn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:56 pm

1) How many provinces does your country have?

5 - 4 autonomous tribal provinces and 1 federal protectorate

2) How much autonomy do they have?

Extremely limited. The Alsten Protectorate is directly controlled by the federal government, while the four autonomous provinces have control over provincial infrastructure, clan territory allocations and dispute settlements, and cultural initiatives.

3) Do they have a capital, a flag and a coat of arms?

All of the provinces are run out of the national capital of Alsten, though the provincial governments may have occasional meetings in the major settlements of their province. The Alsten Protectorate doesn't have any identifiers, as it shares a government with the entirety of the Protectrate, but each of the four autonomous provinces uses traditional sythen sigils where appropriate

The Protectorate of Nohn Census 2012 -- Protectorate of Nohn Map 2011 -- Isle of Nohn Customs and Standards
Profile of the Sythen Races--Sythen Biology and Evolution
It is better to be partially right than wholly wrong - John Maynard Keynes
I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode - Teal'c
-->THIS NATION IS POPULATED BY ALIENS FROM ANOTHER PLANET<--

Skanaland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skanaland » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:44 am

We have 13 counties

Well not much, each have local administrative establishments

They have county towns, and flags and coats of arms

4) If you want, post maps/flags/coats of arms related to your country

Sovereign Spirits
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Spirits » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:52 am

No provinces as per statist definitions. By other definitions, they exist. They are all fully autonomous.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
- Thomas Jefferson, November 1787

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:27 am

The closest equivalent Meowfoundland has to provinces are the districts-elector. There are 40, one for roughly every 1000 inhabitants.
Not much. They each have a council to debate local issues and govern locally, and can elect a representative to the national Parliament.
That depends if it's a rural district-elector or one based on a town.
Not available at present.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

Tsarsgrad
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarsgrad » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:41 am

1) How many provinces does your country have? 4 Districts (Argonia, Zlost, Yamalia, and Yakutia)
2) How much autonomy do they have? Next no none
3) Do they have a capital, a flag and a coat of arms? All provinces have a flag and a capitol city.The Coat of arms is on the flag.
4) If you want, post maps/flags/coats of arms related to your country. Maybe later.
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Yeah? Well I Am An American, and proud of it. Rawr. *waves flag* Just not always of my fellow Americans, whom I would on occasion like to beat about the head and shoulders repeatedly to try and knock out the stupid. >_>
Inquisitor of the NS Ōrdō Logicae- Fighting against fallacies and ignorance.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
-Theodore Roosevelt
And on the pedestal these words appear: I am Ozymandias, king of kings, ye who are mighty, look upon my works, and despair.
@}-;-'---

Alterrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alterrea » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:41 am

Alterrea has 4 Divisions (each Division is divided into Districts)
Alterrea has a single Parliament called the Great Council, which has authority on all Alterrea (except on the Leader, the Senators, their Official Houses). Despite this, every Alterran citizen has also a Divisional citizenship, and, actually, each Division has its own legal system (different penal and civil laws). When there is an issue that affects only a single Division, the Great Council may call "a Division" and only the Councillors elected in a specific Division are allowed to vote. The two dominant Parties are traditionally strongly divided along Divisional lines, so it is not a great problem for this strangely arranged system to work properly.
Yes. Prina is also the Capital of Alterrea. Each Division has its own Flag and Coat of Arms: when the Flags of the Divisons are flown together or outside their 'jurisdiction' a Red Star is superimposed on them which signifies unity. But it is by far more important to the Division's identity the Animal Protector of the Division.

Division nameCapitalDivision Pop.Animal ProtectorColor
PriniaPrina3 023 000FishAzure
VitiaVita447 000BullOr
MiliaMila2 392 000WolfGules
SilaniaLica149 000Scorpion - SwanVert
AlterreaPrina6 012 000BoarMultiple

note: Silania has two Animal Protectors: Scorpion is the Protector of the Territory of the Division, Swan is the Protector of the Citizens of the Division, it's a long story...

OOC: I don't know how to load images... :blush:
Last edited by Alterrea on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Community of Alterrea's Mission to the World Assembly

OOC: Be patient, English is not my mother-tongue. I'm learning.
If you find errors in my comments, please tell me.

Durvinado
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durvinado » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:45 am

1) How many provinces does your country have? Three, simply called "islands"; Durvinadus, Durvinad Minor, and Durvinex
2) How much autonomy do they have? Comparable to U.S. states.
3) Do they have a capital, a flag and a coat of arms? They do have a capital and a flag, but no coat of arms.
Cities and Islands of the Trilandic Republic of Durvinado:

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:47 pm

1) How many provinces does your country have? Six duchies and one overseas territory
2) How much autonomy do they have? The dukes are largely given the freedom to govern their people as they see fit, though the queen has the final say.
3) Do they have a capital, a flag and a coat of arms? Each has all three (though I haven't yet gotten around to drawing them)
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Lotrabme
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lotrabme » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Lotrabme is a Confederation in technicality, but is strictly controlled, we are going on what we could find about the entirety of Lotrabme, but some provinces can be shared

How many provinces? depends on the type of region meant, they go in order of Realm, Dominion, Province, County. There are 30 Realms (29 that arent the capital) around 90-100 Dominions, and hundreds of Provinces and counties

Autonomy?: There are the Governors awarded titles for ruling over these places, and depending on regional constitution and history, some have plenty of autonomy, others are ruled directly by central government. Ruled more directly are those under hereditary rulers, who usually have closer ties to the capital than the elected leaders.

They all have capitals and flags, I will show some examples

Image The flag of The Santiago Realm ruled by the Mendoza Family

Image A Province known as Yukon, ruled by the Governor President

Image A flag of another province located on the plains, it is here that a fire tower of Lord Rickey was built

Image a flag of one of the papal states, Ruled by the Duchess of Milan, a member of the Sforza family connected to the Papal Mendoza-Forgues and Nazarene families

Chyeknovostan Republic
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chyeknovostan Republic » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:28 pm

they are called Districts in Chyeknovostan.
There are 52 Distrcits
7 Autonomous Republics
4 Domains
48 Reservations
Chyekish Soviet Union

Brachyuria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brachyuria » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Nine provinces, generally refered to as realms or territories.
Regional councils and mayors, hold local political control. Total control remains in the hands of the monarch however, and any decision made by the local government can be overruled by him.
They each have capitals and flags (usually the same flag as the capital's), the provinces have no coats of arms.
4)
nswiki article about Brachyuria's provinces

Geraldric Realm
Helic Realm
Celucan Realm

Valcluse
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Valcluse » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:38 pm

There are six.

Quite. Provinces have their own government. They can also allocate money for projects and administer their own transport services. Provinces can also enact their own local by-laws as well.

They do have capitals and a coat of arms.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:48 am

If you're interested in the population distribution among our provinces, here's a map of the provinces

And here's a diagram where the provinces are resized according to population. The top 10 largest cities are shaded yellow. The yellow shaded area in Latatia is Sto Lat, which is a seperate city from Ankh Morpork but in the same urban area.

Last edited by ArghNeedAName on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
President: Malcolm Whitacre
Prime Minister: Mark Robinson
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs: Michael Barton
1 (Ignore) - 2 (Grumble) - 3 (Threaten) - 4 (Invade) - 5 (Lose)
United Provinces of ArghNeedAName (Note the change!)
Adjective: ArghNeedANamic; Demonym: ArghNeedANamer
Wiki Page Constitution Glossary Hansard
RP Population: 104 million
Embassy program now still open!
Interested in creating a parliamentary diagram? View my guide here!

Roedean
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Roedean » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Adlehyde
Court Seim
Altharthar
Milama
Epitaph
Tarjon
Leviathanar
Tripillar
Malduke
Disclaimer: The nation of Roedean doesn't represent my actual political views. It's more of a parody.

The Imperiosi
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperiosi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Regions and Their Capitals

Etruria- Leviticus
    Elysia Superior- Psalmannor
    Elysia Minor- St. Anastasius
    Heranus Superior- Salonica
    Heranus Minor- Evaristus

Provinces and Their Capitals

Tyrahl- Leviticus
    Eutychianus- Pescennia
    Aemilia- St. Heinricus
    Issus- Laodicea
    North Elysia- Psalmannor
    South Elysia- St. Anastasius
    West Elysia- St. Stephanos
    East Elysia- Nova Laodicea
    Upper Heranus- Parachianus
    Greater Heranus- Salonica
    Lower Heranus- Evaristus

Etruscan territories typically involve scripture in their names. Elysian territories are often more secular. Most major cities in Elysia however were founded with strong coordination between the Church, with Psalmannor being a major exception
The Ecclesiastical Dominion of Consus: Let Faith Be Our Sword
Ruling House: House of Caro
Current Emperor: Suriel Caro II
Heir Apparent: Azrael Caro I

Current Patriarch: Ignatius IV

Capital City: Leviticus
Largest City: Leviticus

The Erusean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Erusean Republic » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Bigger Map here: http://i54.tinypic.com/359lm5h.jpg
1. 10 States
Ceres
St. Hewlett
South Belka
Okchabursk
Sapin
Hoffnung
Oured
Heierlark
Directus
North Point

2. They are the acting authority in their own states, however, the Federal Government is higher in terms of power and can step in at anytime.
3. Each state has their own capital and flag
FYI: I am not trying to be the Erusea in Ace Combat 4. The Erusean Republic is a mixture of most nations in the Ace combat world. SO don't say Lrn2Acecombat.

Andonam
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Andonam » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:37 pm

1) How many provinces does your country have? 7 "Chairs"; The Veit Chair, the Siam Chair, The Cambo Chair, The Laos Chair, The Mayla Chair, The Chair of Singapora, and the Overlord Colonial Chair.
2) How much autonomy do they have? Singapora is granted a great deal of autonomy, and is legally allowed to conduct some fasits of diplomacy itself, but others are mostly bureaucratic units and local governing bodies.
3) Do they have a capital, a flag and a coat of arms? Veit Chair's capital is our nation's capital: Brotherhood. The remaining Chair capitals are, in order, Bangkok, Siem Reap, Veintiane, Mersing, Singapora, and Emperor.
THIS IS PERSIA!

I do not personally share the veiws expressed by my nation. In reality, I am a Masculinsit, not a Chauvist. Andonam is created to act as a satire of modern feminist "theory". If you slap me, I maintain the right to slap you back;deal with it.

Masulinist, Atheist, Pro-Government.

Sabiro
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sabiro » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Sabiro has six Cantons.
Very little - each Canton has a coucil that determines how its centrally-distributed budgets will spend. Most focus on local utilities, roads, and power generation. Attenae, Aurelia, and Lucienna maintain small education departments that localize the national curriculum. The central government provides most other services and coordinates health, education, national highways, and so forth.
Each Canton does have a capital, but no coat of arms. The Cantons can be seen in the map below. Each Canton has the same name as its capital. The capital city of Sabiro is Aurelia, which also functions as the capital of its own Canton.
The Most Serene Island Republic of Sabiro Welcomes You!
Ruled Under the Even Hand of Chairman Damian Bordeaux
Capital: Aurelia
Population: 8,205,190
Map by Yasashii

New Embossia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Embossia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 pm

10 (11)
Little, but they have individual governments.
We have one semi-independent Republic, Kosovo.
Yes
Map of the United Republic

DEFCON: 5

Please refer to as The United Republic or New Embossia or the Kingdom of Yagrun.

**New Embossia**

I RP as The United Republic of New Embossia and the Kingdom of Yagrun

I'm a devout Catholic and I support LGBT rights
Hornesia wrote:Homosexuality may be a sin, but Jesus died for your sins. Therefore, feel free to gay it up.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:52 pm

1) How many provinces does your country have? An undefined amount; we are a nomadic tribe and we travel throughout the region. We have unofficial areas that could count as 'provinces', although they are uninhabited unless the tribe is there.
2) How much autonomy do they have? They are uninhabited unless the tribe is there.
3) Do they have a capital, a flag and a coat of arms? No, unless you count the flag of our tribe.
4) If you want, post maps/flags/coats of arms related to your country No thanks.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Aurora-Nova
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurora-Nova » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:20 pm

1) How many provinces does your country have? Our subdivisions are formally known as Federated States, and informally as 'constituent countries' or 'regions'. We have five of them.
2) How much autonomy do they have? The countries are constitutionally bound in their governmental form; that is to say, their governments must be established similarly to that of the Imperial Government, specifically with regard to the separation of political and economic power. Their governments have the freedom to make laws regarding any issue, but such laws are subject to federal law - laws passed by the Imperial Government, therefore, have supremacy over state laws.
3) Do they have a capital, a flag and a coat of arms? All Federated States presently have a capital and a flag, and three of them have a coat of arms. The two that do not have a coat of arms are presently in the process of designing or adopting one. Whether or not to have a capital, flag, or coat of arms is technically up to the discretion of each country; as they were each formerly independent polities, however, they came to adopt these things unilaterally.
4) If you want, post maps/flags/coats of arms related to your country: The five Federated States of the Union of Aurora Nova are, by order of population, with their English (and French, where different) common names in parentheses:
  • United Kingdom of Ontario and the Narrows (Ontario)
  • Realms and Domains of His Royal Majesty the King of the French Nation of Québec and its Dependencies (Québec)
  • Kingdom of Acadia (Acadia, Acadie)
  • Kingdom of Terranova (Terranova, Terre-Neuve)
  • Realm of the Forests of the North (Terrasilva, Terre Forêts)
Much of the Aboriginal-inhabited territory in northern Ontario, Québec, and Terrasilva is under de facto autonomy; while it has no distinct legal personality, these areas are known collectively as the Frontier.

A map of the provinces (the Frontier, as it is not a distinct entity, is not labeled):
Last edited by Aurora-Nova on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As we speak, the Libyan people are being
massacred by terrorists in arms against the
legitimate government. The elderly, women,
children... everyone in Libya is in danger tonight.
Help raise awareness and support Gaddafi!
“I believe that Palestine is an occupied land
from the Mediterranean Sea to the Jordan River,
and this is the right of the entire
Palestinian people, this land.”

~Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah
Union of Aurora Nova | Union d'Aurore-Neuve
Deus Imperatorque Populusque
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

-------------------------
Anti-Israel · Anti-USA · Pro-Hamas · Pro-Hezbollah · Pro-Gaddafi · Pro-DPRK
-------------------------
My views are often radical, and may offend some people.
Be aware that I will always speak my truly-held beliefs, however offensive or unpopular they may be to others.

Rusikstan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rusikstan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:35 pm

We have 15 Provinces and 1 Federal District

Aramil
Ardatov
Asirya
Berizniki
Dahoma
Dakosya
Djur
Gauc
Kimatusk
Norsk
Pensk
Rusin Major
Rusin Minor
Surticon
Tyndaska

Federal District

They have limited accessible autonomy, but maintain a level of authority when dealing with laws at the provincial level

Yes
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.

lolz ensued

Cyrupe wrote:Canadians are not good at electronics, hence why you never see them at the top of ANYTHING in the technology industry. Bowling ball track pads are the perfect example of this.

Wamitoria wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:What is the likelihood of a tactical nuke being used in this situation?

Well, the OP was looking for advice for an IC war in II, so I suppose that they would be used almost immediately.
Demonym: Rusich for singular and plural uses.

Zeppy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeppy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:07 pm

The Factbook of the Federal Republic of Zeppy, Government, Provinces wrote:In addition to the Cantons, the Federal Republic of Zeppy is divided into 57 Provinces.

The Factbook of the Federal Republic of Zeppy, Government, Provinces wrote:They are used as electoral districts, school districts, special districts, postal addresses, phone codes, and as geographical referents. No Province is divided between two or more cantons. The Parliaments of the Cantons legislate Charters of Autonomy of the Provinces to establish the denomination of the Provinces according to its historical identity, the limits of their territories, the name and organization of the institutions of government and the rights they enjoy according the Charters of Autonomy of the Provinces.

The Provinces do have their own capitals, flags and coat of arms as they represent the linguistic communities of the Tribes of Zeppy.

The Provinces are just one of the political subdivisions of the Federal Republic, alongside the more powerful Cantons and more weaker Municipalities. In the Federal Republic of Zeppy, the federal government shares sovereignty of Zeppy with 12 cantons. Municipalities are the smallest political division in The Federal Republic of Zeppy, numbering 3,956. Each Canton defines their responsibilities, which may be services such as education, medical and social services, public transportation, and tax collection.

The Zepese Political Map of the 12 Cantons

Imperial DaiHan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial DaiHan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:13 pm

1) How many provinces does your country have? Eight.
2) How much autonomy do they have? Some; they can pass unimportant laws, but not a whole lot.
3) Do they have a capital, a flag and a coat of arms? Most do.
If you need lineart done, specifically edged weapons, bludgeons or firearms, and you need them done in a slightly stylized low-pixel way, and you need them done in under a goddamn hour, I'm your guy.

Belastennia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Belastennia » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:56 pm

1) How many provinces does your country have? 3 Regions split into 9 Components
2) How much autonomy do they have?Very little
3) Do they have a capital, a flag and a coat of arms?no
Green(Coastlands Region):
1.Whildemaukes Island Component---The green at the top of the image
2.Nilstia Component---The green on the left