NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country (Mk. IV) The Proper Un

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:26 am

Munathanura wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Oh. Looks like I don't need to STANAGify my 7.62 mags then :P still need to for the 5.56 AR-2 though.
Working on straight-magazine straight-cartridge overpressure 7N21 5.45x39mm. For teh lulz.

What kind of stats are you thinking? 70-80 gr bullet @ 2900-3100 ft/s?

Just making it so that rim, base and shoulder were all the same diameter.
Normal 5.45x39mm has rim, base, shoulder of 10mm, 10mm, 9.25mm respectively.

Literally, just making it so that all three were 10mm. Increase the volume inside from 1.75ml to (according to my impeccable calculation) 10.05ml.
Huh. Wtf. Using V = pi r2h, I get a volume of 1.005x10-5, which is 10.05ml - yes, I am converting the mm into metres.

But anyway, minimal increase in volume, and then change the primer from "small rifle" to... something more powerful.
Wow, I really know jackshit about ammunition.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Munathanura
Senator

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:28 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Munathanura wrote:
What kind of stats are you thinking? 70-80 gr bullet @ 2900-3100 ft/s?

Just making it so that rim, base and shoulder were all the same diameter.

Literally, just making it so that all three were 10mm. Increase the volume inside from 1.75ml to (according to my impeccable calculation) 10.05ml.
Huh. Wtf. Using V = pi r2h, I get a volume of 1.005x10-5, which is 10.05ml - yes, I am converting the mm into metres.

But anyway, minimal increase in volume, and then change the primer from "small rifle" to... something more powerful.

So, not quite that over pressure, then.
Wamitoria wrote:
Caninope wrote:OMG, FBI does it's jobs and uses search warrants to recover stolen property. The world is ending.

Welcome to America, where the authorities can be doing too much and too little at the same god damn time.
Tahar Joblis wrote:Your "heartfelt recommendation," i.e., baseless accusation of misogyny, is noted with all the respect that is due. Which corresponds to that due a $100 billion Zimbabwean banknote. :eyebrow:
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:34 am

Munathanura wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Just making it so that rim, base and shoulder were all the same diameter.

How can my calculation be out by like a factor of 7, though?
It's the Samozniy way; find an ingenious, hilariously complex, and typically pointless solution to a problem that should never have existed.

Such as, in this case, trying to force a weapon that can only really accept straight magazines to take 5.45x39mm ammunition.
Last edited by Samozaryadnyastan on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Para.
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).

Munathanura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:35 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Munathanura wrote:

How can my calculation be out by like a factor of 7, though?
It's the Samozniy way; find an ingenious, hilariously complex, and typically pointless solution to a problem that should never have existed.

I've got no idea, I'm pretty bad at maths myself :P.
Wamitoria wrote:
Caninope wrote:OMG, FBI does it's jobs and uses search warrants to recover stolen property. The world is ending.

Welcome to America, where the authorities can be doing too much and too little at the same god damn time.
Tahar Joblis wrote:Your "heartfelt recommendation," i.e., baseless accusation of misogyny, is noted with all the respect that is due. Which corresponds to that due a $100 billion Zimbabwean banknote. :eyebrow:
My Political Compass:

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:40 am

Munathanura wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:How can my calculation be out by like a factor of 7, though?

This is embarrassing, I have an A at A-level in Maths. And an A* at GCSE.

If I had pen and paper with me, I could draw it out, work backwards, and at least establish a ratio between my new case dimensions and the old case dimensions the way I'm trying to work them out.
Can't think otherwise.
Last edited by Samozaryadnyastan on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Munathanura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:49 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Munathanura wrote:

This is embarrassing, I have an A at A-level in Maths. And an A* at GCSE.

If I had pen and paper with me, I could draw it out, work backwards, and at least establish a ratio between my new case dimensions and the old case dimensions the way I'm trying to work them out.
Can't think otherwise.

Using an online calculator, I get 2.357ml, but that's including the primer and base, so it's probably closer to 2.12ml or 2.04ml. That's an increase of, using my minimum value, 14.22%. None to shabby, I'd say.
Last edited by Munathanura on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wamitoria wrote:

My Political Compass:

The Ottish Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ottish Empire » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:53 am

Proud member of Byzantine and the TEC
Factbook [Don't look at it! It's an ungodly mess at the moment]
Soccer Kit
Team Name
Kaşif FC

Players
Jakob Scarvov
Otto Dersley
Sevchenko Ferdinand
Freidrick Oswald
Caleb Worthington
Viktor Retrov
Pershing Greer
Gerald Wayne
Anthony Loyd
Samuel Frank
Xavier Kaliph

Stadium
Mimarlık Stadyumu
[1] [2] [3] [4] Heightened Military Awareness [5]

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:55 am

Munathanura wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:This is embarrassing, I have an A at A-level in Maths. And an A* at GCSE.

Can't think otherwise.

Using an online calculator, I get 2.357ml, but that's including the primer and base, so it's probably closer to 2.12ml or 2.04ml. That's an increase of, using my minimum value, 14.22%. None to shabby, I'd say.

How do you get that? I just put in the numbers and keep getting something beginning with a 1.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Munathanura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:57 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Munathanura wrote:

How do you get that? I just put in the numbers and keep getting something beginning with a 1.

r=0.5, h=3 (maximum)/h=2.6 (minimum). All measurements are in centimetres.
Wamitoria wrote:

My Political Compass:

Munathanura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:59 am

It does look rather good.
Wamitoria wrote:

My Political Compass:

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:01 am

Munathanura wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:How do you get that? I just put in the numbers and keep getting something beginning with a 1.

It's because I'm a retard and kept using diameter, that's why.
I used this diagram:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 5x39mm.jpg
Which appears to show a case length of ~32mm behind the bullet, would normally be filled to probably about 28-30mm.

Also, 5.45x18mm high-velocity pistol ammunition, anyone?
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Munathanura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Munathanura wrote:

It's because I'm a retard and kept using diameter, that's why.
I used this diagram:
Which appears to show a case length of ~32mm behind the bullet, would normally be filled to probably about 28-30mm.

That's pretty much what I used.

I can provide a very effective counter to those pansy rounds: the .22 Reed Express :P. Nothing says "fuck your body armour" better than a 35gr 5.56/5.45mm bullet travelling at 2478 ft/s out of a pistol barrel.
Wamitoria wrote:

My Political Compass:

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:21 am

Munathanura wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:It's because I'm a retard and kept using diameter, that's why.
I used this diagram:

I can provide a very effective counter to those pansy rounds: the .22 Reed Express :P. Nothing says "fuck your body armour" better than a 35gr 5.56/5.45mm bullet travelling at 2478 ft/s out of a pistol barrel.

*looks at pic*
Those bullets are hilarious. What are the case dimensions, and can any pistols even fire the things?
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Munathanura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:23 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Munathanura wrote:

*looks at pic*
Those bullets are hilarious. What are the case dimensions, and can any pistols even fire the things?

They're a necked down 7.62 Tokarev cartridge, and they can be fired by the CZ-52. Now, imagine a PPSh rechambered in that.
Wamitoria wrote:

My Political Compass:

New Niederlande
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Niederlande » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:26 am

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:26 am

Munathanura wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:*looks at pic*

They're a necked down 7.62 Tokarev cartridge, and they can be fired by the CZ-52. Now, imagine a PPSh rechambered in that.

Fresh people mince, al fresco, anyone?
Last edited by Samozaryadnyastan on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Munathanura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:29 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Munathanura wrote:

Fresh people mince, al fresco, anyone?

I'll take two :p .
Wamitoria wrote:

My Political Compass:

Amastol
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Amastol » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:35 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Just making it so that rim, base and shoulder were all the same diameter.

That slight taper from base to shoulder is there to ease ejection (primarily) and feeding, it doesn't seem like much but it does matter.
Argus Industrial Manufacturing inc.
MT: The Crowned Republic of Amastol- A small manufacturing based monarchy.
FT: Anchrish Republic- A struggling band of nomadic refugees seeking their place in the sun, though not literally.

Risen Britannia
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 am

The Conglomerate of Risen Britannia. Think of us like the Mafia, if you increased their budget by several trillion
Lineart:
Old showroom and requests
New showroom
Risen Britannia is no longer my main nation, if you have any questions please TG Novorden.

Munathanura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:01 am

Risen Britannia wrote:(Image)

Looking good! How many rounds are you fitting in each chamber? 4?
Wamitoria wrote:

My Political Compass:

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:03 am

Amastol wrote:

That slight taper from base to shoulder is there to ease ejection (primarily) and feeding, it doesn't seem like much but it does matter.

So how do pistol cartridges cope, being typically straight cartridges?
Or is to do with either how a pistol loads or the fact that 5.45x39 is an automatic rifle cartridge?
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:06 am

Solyhniya wrote:
Risen Britannia wrote:i added some gaps to the top... thing
(Image)
so that should help (hopefully)

needz 3rd barrel

o/

^This. o/

Also, nice work on the wood, really nice.

Risen Britannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 am

Last edited by Risen Britannia on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Conglomerate of Risen Britannia. Think of us like the Mafia, if you increased their budget by several trillion
Lineart:
New showroom
Risen Britannia is no longer my main nation, if you have any questions please TG Novorden.

Risen Britannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:10 am

Risen Britannia wrote:
Munathanura wrote:

for this one yes. however the front locking mechanism can move so you can get different length mags with 3/4/5 per tube.

Tergnitz wrote:
Solyhniya wrote:
needz 3rd barrel

o/

^This. o/

Also, nice work on the wood, really nice.

thanks
Lineart:
New showroom

Munathanura
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:12 am

Risen Britannia wrote:
Munathanura wrote:

for this one yes. however the front locking mechanism can move so you can get different length mags with 3/4/5 per tube.

Weren't those 2/3/4 rounds per tube? In any case, I like it.
Wamitoria wrote:

My Political Compass:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information