NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country (Mk. IV) The Proper Un

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fischermann
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischermann » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:55 am

Solyhniya wrote:
Fischermann wrote:
Grenade launchers on every soldier's weapon isn't very practical.

Sure, but a couple of pages ago this guy's PMG's sucked shit. He's on the up, and I have to congratulate him for wanting to improve, no?

I said that so he could change it.

He's responsive to criticism.
Last edited by Fischermann on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
أنا الحق

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:01 am

The M82 Barrett is recoil-actuated semi-automatic. Many other .50cal and .338 rifles are bolt action.

Are there any big-boy rifles that are gas-operated, and if not (many), is it practical? Considering making my AR-1 go uber-modular by making a .50cal and/or .338 SLR for a heavy marksman's rifle. The standard receiver can only take 7.62 NATO barrels, and also a modified 9mm barrel, but like with all the different 5.7, 12.7, 5.56mm receivers for the AR-15 platform, I could create a new receiver with a .50cal/.338 barrel. The action/magwell is also detachable and interchangeable, currently between 7.62 and 9mm again. It wouldn't be too hard to produce an SLR variant with a modified DMR/SAW stock with built-in monopod, and if needs be I could even make it bolt action with a heavily modified stock.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:02 am

Fischermann wrote:
Dimoniquid wrote:True, but they'd be long.

Well, the magwell's just there for easier loading. It can hold 30 rounds.

by long it coudl easily be 1.5-2x tiems the length of a curved version.

Thats accepting it would work at all. Considering just how much 5.45x39mm tapers it sounds like a hideous jamomatic nightmare. The taper the raw gamned good reason that all 5.45mm magz even the 10round jobs have a obvious curve to them
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Fischermann
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fischermann » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:07 am

Crookfur wrote:
Fischermann wrote:
Well, the magwell's just there for easier loading. It can hold 30 rounds.

by long it coudl easily be 1.5-2x tiems the length of a curved version.

Thats accepting it would work at all. Considering just how much 5.45x39mm tapers it sounds like a hideous jamomatic nightmare. The taper the raw gamned good reason that all 5.45mm magz even the 10round jobs have a obvious curve to them

I'll change it later. Off to play Morrowind.
أنا الحق

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:18 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:The M82 Barrett is recoil-actuated semi-automatic. Many other .50cal and .338 rifles are bolt action.

Are there any big-boy rifles that are gas-operated, and if not (many), is it practical? Considering making my AR-1 go uber-modular by making a .50cal and/or .338 SLR for a heavy marksman's rifle. The standard receiver can only take 7.62 NATO barrels, and also a modified 9mm barrel, but like with all the different 5.7, 12.7, 5.56mm receivers for the AR-15 platform, I could create a new receiver with a .50cal/.338 barrel. The action/magwell is also detachable and interchangeable, currently between 7.62 and 9mm again. It wouldn't be too hard to produce an SLR variant with a modified DMR/SAW stock with built-in monopod, and if needs be I could even make it bolt action with a heavily modified stock.

Theres the AS-50, XM-500, the chinese M99 series, the OSV-96 and a few random others, many more if you go back to 20mm ATRs.

Well thats at the heavier end of the market. For .338 lapua thigns are much more scarce as the round is all about very precise rifles which means its all about bolt actions. There a couple of american companies producing semi auto .338s including http://www.vigilancerifles.com/vr1schematic.html and some others using AR-15/10 bases.

To be honest the whole modualr thing is not a option to worry about. .50 BMG and .338 lapua lend themsleves best to ground up designs if you are sticking them as modules for a gun designed for less cartridges you will eb makign sacrafices in terms of strength and solidity.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:37 am

Altamirus wrote:
Melqan wrote:
cuz they b jammin... literally... he said they use them as grips... wtf...

That's no excuse,the US uses mags as grips for their USGLZ and they have the mags turned the right way.

The mags aren't intended as grips though, of course.
Not to mention, FN Herstal makes GLs for rifle with triggers on magazine covers, so that they can be used from the regular pistol grip instead of the magazine.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

The New Javierland
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Javierland » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:42 am

Anything that is very destructive but I personally like the flail 8) Hail to the king of my lands (ME) :bow:

Last edited by The New Javierland on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saritistan
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saritistan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:49 am

Vintka ml. 67

5.56mm SAR
30rd Magazine
Effective range- 400m
Weight- 3.7kg
Construction- Polymers, steel
Operation- Vertically tilting bolt

The workhorse of the Saritistani army, the ml. 67 was introduced to replace the aging ml. 65.
"Alt" of Sediczja
Tech level MT, time period late 90s/early 2000s

Fischermann
Minister

Ex-Nation

KA-73 redesigned magazine.

Postby Fischermann » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:01 am

Magazine made out of metal.
أنا الحق

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 am

Lol :rofl: people are trying there hands at bullpup m16s and a tip is you have to move the receiver to the back not the middle unless you move the mag forward and then it wouldn't be a bullpup then.
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

Fischermann
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fischermann » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:38 am

Graditora wrote:Lol :rofl: people are trying there hands at bullpup m16s and a tip is you have to move the receiver to the back not the middle unless you move the mag forward and then it wouldn't be a bullpup then.

I haven't understood a single percent of what you have said.
أنا الحق

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:46 am

Fischermann wrote:
Graditora wrote:Lol :rofl: people are trying there hands at bullpup m16s and a tip is you have to move the receiver to the back not the middle unless you move the mag forward and then it wouldn't be a bullpup then.

I haven't understood a single percent of what you have said.

Here i'll type it again only being more careful with my spelling :Lol :rofl: people are trying there hands at bullpup m16s, and a tip is you have to move the receiver to the back, not the middle unless you move the mag forward and then it wouldn't be a bullpup then. And i wasn't referring to you and i like your gun pretty cool :lol:
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Saritistan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Saritistan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 am

If you mean me it's not a bullpup M16, it's a new design.
"Alt" of Sediczja

Fischermann
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fischermann » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:24 am

Altamirus wrote:
Graditora wrote:Here i'll type it again only being more careful with my spelling :Lol :rofl: people are trying there hands at bullpup m16s, and a tip is you have to move the receiver to the back, not the middle unless you move the mag forward and then it wouldn't be a bullpup then. And i wasn't referring to you and i like your gun pretty cool :lol:

The receiver in the back in Sar's and in Gra's weapon, what Bullpup M16 are you refering to?

I think he's referring to the fact that they used multiple receivers to add detail to the gun, and he hasn't been able to understand that those are just added as detail.
أنا الحق

Saritistan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Saritistan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:31 am

Isla da Penumbra wrote:

Above: Above are the three main weapons of the 'Penumbrè Militãirè' or the Penumbran military, issued by the recently elected president Mikael Ivanova. They are standard issue and can be purchased on any military premises. The uppermost weapon is the 'VALKA-375', the standard issue assault rifle. The one below is the 'UEKA6', the standard issue sub-machine gun. The lowermost weapon is the 'GHOST Rifle' which recently replaced the 'Valkyrie Sniper Rifle' as the standard issue sniper rifle early in November 2010. The 'Valkyrie Sniper Rifle' was standard issue for forty-three (43) years until Mikael Ivanova was elected in September 2010 and rebuilt the Penumbran military.

I take it your soldiers have very strange hands.
"Alt" of Sediczja

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:34 am

Altamirus wrote:
Graditora wrote:Here i'll type it again only being more careful with my spelling :Lol :rofl: people are trying there hands at bullpup m16s, and a tip is you have to move the receiver to the back, not the middle unless you move the mag forward and then it wouldn't be a bullpup then. And i wasn't referring to you and i like your gun pretty cool :lol:

The receiver in the back in Sar's and in Gra's weapon, what Bullpup M16 are you refering to?

I'm referring to fischers gun i think it pretty cool. Trust me i got ridiculed for my guns not making scene until i updated it and the only thing i think they found wrong with it was the pistol grip, i just want to be nice :hug:
The Shadow of F7

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:35 am

Saritistan wrote:
Isla da Penumbra wrote:

Above: Above are the three main weapons of the 'Penumbrè Militãirè' or the Penumbran military, issued by the recently elected president Mikael Ivanova. They are standard issue and can be purchased on any military premises. The uppermost weapon is the 'VALKA-375', the standard issue assault rifle. The one below is the 'UEKA6', the standard issue sub-machine gun. The lowermost weapon is the 'GHOST Rifle' which recently replaced the 'Valkyrie Sniper Rifle' as the standard issue sniper rifle early in November 2010. The 'Valkyrie Sniper Rifle' was standard issue for forty-three (43) years until Mikael Ivanova was elected in September 2010 and rebuilt the Penumbran military.

I take it your soldiers have very strange hands.

Lol i thought the same thing. :lol2:
The Shadow of F7

Izlucheniya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Izlucheniya » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:51 am

I technically have 2 separate nations (one is actually a whole planet), so that means I have 2 WHOLE arsenals to show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/needs-more-napalm/sets/72157627066937804/ Vektan Military Defense Corp. (NOT RELATED TO ANY OF THE KILLZONE GAMES; The idea was in my head far before I ever played any of them)

And

http://www.flickr.com/photos/needs-more-napalm/sets/72157626809040862/ IZCH Mechanical Works (This nations military design section)

I have them all organized in my Flickr sets, so feel free to browse.
Everyone is a Bigot, that is why this is hidden:
I'm Bi-sexual

See how easy it is to ignore sigs like that? How about another one that hit's close to home?
I'm also a Furry

Yeah, there you have it, So stop complaining about signatures :P

Imperial DaiHan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial DaiHan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:55 am

Those are some of the best PMG I've seen.
If you need lineart done, specifically edged weapons, bludgeons or firearms, and you need them done in a slightly stylized low-pixel way, and you need them done in under a goddamn hour, I'm your guy.

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:02 am

Agreed lol
The Shadow of F7

Fischermann
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fischermann » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:03 am

Izlucheniya wrote:I technically have 2 separate nations (one is actually a whole planet), so that means I have 2 WHOLE arsenals to show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/needs-more-napalm/sets/72157627066937804/ Vektan Military Defense Corp. (NOT RELATED TO ANY OF THE KILLZONE GAMES; The idea was in my head far before I ever played any of them)

And

http://www.flickr.com/photos/needs-more-napalm/sets/72157626809040862/ IZCH Mechanical Works (This nations military design section)

Hey Poke, good to see you popping here.
أنا الحق

Izlucheniya
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Izlucheniya » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:20 am

Fischermann wrote:
Izlucheniya wrote:I technically have 2 separate nations (one is actually a whole planet), so that means I have 2 WHOLE arsenals to show.

And

Yeah, I'm still alive on here too, I try to be active on a majority of the forums I put time into :)
I'm Bi-sexual

See how easy it is to ignore sigs like that? How about another one that hit's close to home?
I'm also a Furry

Fischermann
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fischermann » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:25 am

Izlucheniya wrote:
Fischermann wrote:

Yeah, I'm still alive on here too, I try to be active on a majority of the forums I put time into :)

Good to know.

I'm sticking to lineart, a lot more easier.
أنا الحق

Izlucheniya
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Izlucheniya » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:38 am

Fischermann wrote:
Izlucheniya wrote:

Good to know.

I'm sticking to lineart, a lot more easier.

I used to do line art in Paint but to complicated IMO >->
I'm Bi-sexual

I'm also a Furry

Imperial DaiHan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial DaiHan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:51 am

Not that complicated. Drew that for Italian Maifafiaifafiais in around an hour of actual work-time, counting revisions.
If you need lineart done, specifically edged weapons, bludgeons or firearms, and you need them done in a slightly stylized low-pixel way, and you need them done in under a goddamn hour, I'm your guy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information