NATION

PASSWORD

School uniforms in your nation.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Motokata
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:38 pm

99% of Motokatan schools require some kind of school uniform. It is the discretion of the school to decide if it wants uniforms, what kind of uniforms it desires for its students and it is up to them to find a way to provide it. No Government laws exist to mandate or not mandate school uniforms so it is simply what most schools like to do. School boards agree, uniforms cut down on needless clothing distractions, eliminate social stigma that might come from second hand clothes with lower income families, cut down on absences due to dress code violation (by absence we mean the time it takes for a student to change into proper clothes, no student will be sent home for an entire day or such nonsense.)

Those schools without uniforms do not report the same problems as often but do agree there are the occasional hiccups in their system. Some schools think students should be allowed to dress as they desire, thus they let them and it is their privileged to do so.

Styles for males and females differ greatly depending on school and depending on Class Year. Generally older students wear a black or gray uniform the skirt length for girls will depend greatly on the school and the social environment. For the most part girl uniforms will have skirts but some girl uniforms are with pants. Boys will always have long sleeves with long pants and girls will always have long sleeves. Younger students might wear white or blue uniforms, sometimes sailor style uniforms, again depending on the school.

Makaar
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Makaar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:11 pm

School uniforms in Makaar are fairly standardised; they consist of a black blazer, white shirt/blouse, black trousers/skirt and black shoes. The design of the tie is left up to the individual school, as is the design of the badge which appears on the blazer. A scarlet blouson jacket with white reflective stripes is issued to schoolchildren for use during Makaar's bitter winter season.

Children from Reception to Year 11 (approx. ages 4 to 16) must wear the uniform to school each day. Schools may set their own policy on whether children from Years 12 and 13 (approx. ages 16 to 18) must wear the uniform; however, from a student's 18th birthday he may wear whatever he pleases to school regardless of school policy.
Makaar is ranked 323rd in the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
Makaar is ranked 272nd in the world for Largest Welfare Programs (per capita).
Makaar is ranked 408th in the world for Nicest Citizens.

Like what you see? Get an embassy in Makaar

Fedeledland
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedeledland » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:15 pm

School uniforms are legal, yet strongly discouraged.
Factbook (FanT·FT)
Embassies
Political Info (OOC)
WARNING: My writing might contain amounts of extreme pomp and purple prose. Read at your own caution.
QUE VIVA EL REY!

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Schools in Swilatia do not have uniforms.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:20 pm

A basic set of school clothing is as follows;

For males, gray dress pants, a gray undershirt (for physical education), a gray overcoat, two shirts, one long sleeved, one short sleeved (both gray, of course), and gray socks.

For girls, it is much the same. However, a sports bra and a skirt are included as well. Al clothing is stamped with a Unilisian lambda, in blood red with a black outline. Names are commonly stitched into the nape of the neck on shirts or near the belt on pants and skirts. In overseas territories harboring Unilisian schoolchildren in tropical or otherwise distinct climates from the chilly Unilisian continent, specialized clothing is distributed to do with the heat and/or different climactic effects.

OOC: You may wonder why they are all gray. Well, in Unilisia, infants and toddlers (until age 5) are clad in white, as natural camouflage to blend with the snow. In the surface cities, wolf packs and such are common, and despite the rarity of attacks, Unilisian's are renowned for paranoia. From the age of 5-15 (Unilisian adulthood), children and teenagers where gray clothing, as they have progressed to the physical age where they are more "known" to the world. After the age of 15, any color may be worn, except for black and blood red, the Unilisian national colors. These last two colors are reserved for members of the Armed Forces (the standing armies, that is), and blood red is reserved for members of the government and civil servants throughout the Directorate.
Last edited by Unilisia on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Alterrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alterrea » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Yes. Every local school district has its own uniforms (one for the boys, and a different one for the girls).
But, because of cultural and historical reason, the districts belonging to the same of the four Alterrean Divisions, adopt similar uniforms. Prinan and Silanan pupils wear similar clothes, because of the tight relationship between these two Divisions. Despite this, some districts in Silana are changing the clothes of their pupils, becuase they want to differentiate their schools from the mainland Prinan schools
The Community of Alterrea's Mission to the World Assembly

OOC: Be patient, English is not my mother-tongue. I'm learning.
If you find errors in my comments, please tell me.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Nearly all States allow public schools to decide. A few states ban uniforms in public schools - the State of Sitherland repealed their ban last week and already 10% of their schools are planning to adopt a uniform. About 80% of schools nationwide have a Uniform.

Private schools are split 50/50 on this matter.

"By allowing schools to set a uniform, they can make every student an equal, regardless of family background. Pupils may not appreciate this, but they can learn surprisingly valuable lessons in life."
- Governor Paul Kirkpatrick of Sitherland, on signing the repeal
Last edited by ArghNeedAName on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President: Malcolm Whitacre
Prime Minister: Mark Robinson
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs: Michael Barton
1 (Ignore) - 2 (Grumble) - 3 (Threaten) - 4 (Invade) - 5 (Lose)
United Provinces of ArghNeedAName (Note the change!)
Adjective: ArghNeedANamic; Demonym: ArghNeedANamer
Wiki Page Constitution Glossary Hansard
RP Population: 104 million
Embassy program now still open!
Interested in creating a parliamentary diagram? View my guide here!

Seperate Vermont
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperate Vermont » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Public and private schools may not infringe on the rights to Freedom of Expression of students.
No, we are not obsessed with Maple Syrup. Speaking of that, Would you like some 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup? We have a surplus this year.
http://www.mechiwiki.com/nationstates/index.php?nation=Seperate_Vermont
GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Turmoilandia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmoilandia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Virtually all Turmoilandian schools have policies regarding what their students can wear to school. The only exceptions are a small number of private schools for the children of the super-wealthy (actually, all private schools are exclusive to the top 1% in Turmoilandia, but generally these schools that permit freedom of expression in clothing are generally the most expensive and prestigious of the private schools).

Among the schools, there is a vast difference in what the boys are required to wear. Some schools require suits, while other schools require a collared shirt and a particular style of pants. Generally, this correlates with how wealthy the student body of the school is. All schools require girls to wear feminine clothing of some sort. Some schools may require students to wear a specific kind of clothing by a particular company. Others require them to wear a specific kind of clothing without specifying a company. Still others may provide a few different options. Some schools require a school logo on clothing. Others don't. Schools also differ as to whether they allow students to wear clothing from activities (football or cheerleading are examples) on the appropriate days.

Schools have the legal right to set whatever appearance restrictions they wish and generally there is a large difference between the appearance of students from different schools. The schools, especially the more prestigious ones, want their students to stand out.

Castleclose
Minister

Founded: Apr 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Castleclose » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:24 pm

Dammit.

Ninja'd by the OP.
Defcon 5 (Peacetime), Defcon 4 (Alerted Status), Defcon 3 (Minor War), Defcon 2 (Major War), Defcon 1 (Total War)
Factbook

Constitutional Monarchy. More of a talker then a fighter.
Plural is Closian.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:32 pm

Private Schools typically have Uniforms, but Public Schools allow students to wear generally anything, so long as it isn't too indecent. Nudity at schools is forbidden.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Lukeansa
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lukeansa » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:44 pm

In Lukeansa, every boy and girl in school wear the same thing, a dismal grey shirt and pants or skirts (depending on the gender) as to make everyone feel the same so they know their place in my nation. In the front on the shirt is the nation's flag to remind them who is their all. In the flag is a camera that focuses on the student's interactions. It has audio and the cameras are constantly being watched.

If one is caught wearing expressive clothes, they are immediately imprisoned or sent to what we like to call it "Fixing the Unruly." The students call it "The Underworld." The severity of the expression decides if they are sent to FTU, or prison , the lesser of the two evils.

Doctor Deer
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor Deer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Our only school (Winfred Academy) does not have school uniforms. Kids wear whatever they want, and sometimes nothing at all (except for fat people like myself, as law specifically mandates that fat people can't be naked in public. Would you want to see some Rosie O'Donnell-type figure going in the nude down the street?)

Xanicea
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:50 pm

All schools in Xanicea lack a dress code, although Duma Law has mandated that flashy or provocative (not necessarily distracting, just provocative) clothing is banned in schools. The Public University of Xanicea, however, encourages a dress code consisting of Xanicean army attire (provided free by the army) which grants the wearer a 5% discount on all school supplies at the university.
Sibirsky wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.

100% of government spending goes to "stuff government spends money on."

I know. I am just as shocked as you are.

Syreene states
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syreene states » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Depends on the school. Some have them, some don't. The vast majority of Districts do however require them.
The required uniforms range by District, but generally fall into the same basic continuum, with a Summer/Winter divide being common. Examples pictured.

Last edited by Syreene states on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Novian Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Novian Union » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:51 pm

School uniforms are a very bad idea, they strip students of their individuality by not being able to wear what they like and ultimately attacks their freedom. Students should be able to dress how they like. Following future legislation regarding this issue, my nation will ban all school uniforms.

Tuskenjaar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuskenjaar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:52 pm

In Tuskenjaar, School uniforms are considered an honor to have, and are funded by the monarchy in order to end discrimination based on clothing in our youth. they receive them when they enter their mandatory pre schooling.

Males:
they are required to wear a chastity belt Fundoshi with the Tuskenjaar Royal seal on it in order to prevent underage sex and pregnancy. (even when they are in preschool. NO EXCEPTIONS.)
They are also required to wear japanese-style bandanas with their ID Number on it, to keep track of them and prevent them from using fake ID numbers.
and finally, they must wear male kimono robes and sandals, so they sort of look like this when they are fully dressed:

Females:
Females, when they enter preschool, are required to have their feet binded ancient chinese-style: (if you don't know what I mean, this is a xray of a females foot bones after foot binding Image) so they don't run away, can wear fashionable shoes better, and learn discipline. they to, are required to wear chastity belts like the males do.
They are required to wear little 30's style housewife dresses and wear pillbox hats with their ID numbers on them. so they sort of look like toddlers in this outfit:
I Love Babes, Bullets, Hunting and Hummers. Any of you Obama-nites Got a Problem with That?

Xanicea
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:53 pm

The Novian Union wrote:School uniforms are a very bad idea, they strip students of their individuality by not being able to wear what they like and ultimately attacks their freedom. Students should be able to dress how they like. Following future legislation regarding this issue, my nation will ban all school uniforms.

I wouldn't necessarily say that school uniforms should be banned - the government just shouldn't force students to wear a certain uniform. My government encourages usage with a discount, but does not force it.

Just my 2 cents.
Sibirsky wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.

100% of government spending goes to "stuff government spends money on."

I know. I am just as shocked as you are.

Al-Harakut al-Islami
Minister

Founded: Dec 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Harakut al-Islami » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Depends on the school in question. Schools are allowed to institute dress codes if they want, so long as they're consistent with the Islamic dress code.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Can you imagine how awkward that would be?

"Mom, Dad... I'm an owl."

"Wha... what?!"

"I know, I know. I..."

"Can you stop being an owl?"

"Mom, it's not a choice."

"NO SON OF MINE CAN BE AN OWL!"

"Dad! It's not even physically possible! Christ, how can you be racist against something you didn't know existed until 5 seconds ago?!"

"Do you have an owlfriend?"

"Yes Mom. His name is Damien."
NS's resident Islamist.

I'm a proud American, sweetheart. And a weeaboo and a brony.
I~ Use~ Tildes~ When~ I~ Write~

Check out my dA: http://sharpieinkedcupcakes.deviantart.com/

MEMBER OF THE COALITION OF PONYIST STATES~

BrightonBurg
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby BrightonBurg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Yes, we have school uniforms,your basic catholic school kit,different colors depending on the school..
"The great questions of the day will be decided not by speeches or majority votes ...but by blood and iron." - Prince Otto Von Bismarck.

YaoiFangirlLand
Envoy

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YaoiFangirlLand » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:07 pm

They used to, but our leader, being a teen, is opposed to them.
Boys:

Girls:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy and pate bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21

Free Irish Lands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Irish Lands » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:13 pm

School Uniforms or Dress Codes are decided by the individual School's.
My Military Info viewtopic.php?f=23&t=110915&p=5556916#p5556916
Are you recognized as a terrorist? Find out here viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=155381

Apoctis
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Apoctis » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:28 pm

wear what you want, and who needs an education when you can instantly learn everything if you worship abyss or be revealed to the arcane and mysterious with Tzeentch.
Bringer of Apocalypse, Sentinel of all that ends, God of Destruction, Lord of the darkness, The Creature of Nothingness, King of Oblivion, Watcher in the Void, Tormentor of the mind, Titan of the Armageddon, Darkness realized, Emperor of Death,Duke of Terror, Warden of Silence, The Great hunger, Night Bringer, Patriarch of Fear, Prince of insanity, The Ever-present Nightmare, Count of the Shadows,Baron of the Night, Spreader of Chaos, Wanderer in the Abyss, The Cycle Unbroken.

Factbook
FAR wiki

Awesomepolis
Civilian

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomepolis » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Dress code gradualy becomes more strict as the student ages, with private schools having the choice to enforce uniforms after kindergarten. If the student makes it into college, they have earned the right to wear whatever they want. Military academies have the same goverment designed uniforms.

Seviis New Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Seviis New Island » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:22 pm

On Private schools, it depends on the school if they wish to use uniform or not, but on Public school, uniform goes as follows:

As you can see, the colors and style (on the first picture) vary from island and even from school. This is true with the male uniform which is made to match the school's colors (followed by the female one).
Our Prime Minister is known for having some sort of obsession for uniforms, which isn't uncommon on Seviishima.
New Island, the Land made from Dreams. Where everything is possible.
Proper way to call us
The Proper way to call us is Seviishimians. If you call us New Islanders we'll assume you're just referring to that particular island.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information