NATION

PASSWORD

Infantry Discussion Thread, Pattern 7: Sword Edition.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who Will be the OP of the next Infantry Thread?

Roski
3%
Prem (Estovnia)
10%
Puzikas
34%
Korva
18%
Eisarn-Ara
10%
Immoren
12%
Nirvash Type TheEND
12%

Total votes : 67

EsToVnIa
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Spreewerke wrote:notMG42s with dovetail receiver mounts for off-set optics. Some also have picatinny rail sections along the heat shroud for scout scopes/red dots.

:<

I just use MG34s in 6.5 Swede.

tho now they're MG3s S:
Most Heavenly State/Khamgiin Tengerleg Uls

Weeaboo Gassing Land wrote:Also, rev up the gas chambers.

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:CUNT

12:02:02 AM <Tarsas> premislyd is my spirit animal tbh

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:47 pm

Korva wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:(Image)
pls

3.7cm flak43 is best sub machine gun

whatever nerds

To keep this on topic, what are the most common machine guns in your army?

The Korvan Land Forces primarily use M2 Brownings and AA-52's but special forces probably get all kinds of special snowflakes guns.

AA-52 is like a pug. Ugly in a cute way.
Unreachable.

Yuketobaniac unions
Attaché

Founded: Jun 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuketobaniac unions » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:48 pm

i don't know what y'all want, but.....Heres my baby

Dat 1 on 10 ratio doh...
Selling Tanks.
Yuketobaniac Armed forces.
Yuketobaniac Equipment.

NSEconomy
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig. Dis hononably Banned the nation Yuketobaniac by Reploid on june 11th
(Yuketobaniac previous nation) 28th of may 2014-june 7 2015
I, a citizen of The UNITED STATES of AMERICA, am calling for the immediate arrest and trial of Barack Hussein Obama for treason, under Article 3 section 3 of the United States Constitution, for aiding and giving comfort to our enemies. If you agree, please copy and re-post.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:51 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:
Puzikas wrote:

I mean, the PPSh-41 was superior in pretty much every way. The K/P-31 is a fine SMG and its fun, but the PPSh-41 was heavily superior.

Both were pretty effective for the role they were meant to play. The Russian PPSH was meant as a cost effective mass produced weapon able to be issued on a large scale, while the Finnish K/P-31 was meant for use by a smaller force with an emphasis on quality. Basically the same argument can be made for the M16A3 and the Ak-74 both of which are great for their intended roles, the M16A3 for professionals while the Ak-74 for rebels and conscripts. If I was running a military force, especially because of my emphasis on mass unit attrition warfare, the PPSH would be my preferred choice for equipping the troops with.

I mean, no, you're wrong, but thats okay. Everyone learn from somewhere.

The PPSh-41 was intended as a cost-effective weapon. So is every weapon, ever, and is intended for mass production, like pretty much every other gun. The K/P-31 was not meant for a smaller force with an emphasis on quality, it was designed with the purpose of filling the role of fully automatic fire at close range for purpose of providing suppression. The tactics used by the Finns and the Soviets were VERY close to one another, principally because most Finnish officers were trained on models created parallel to existing Soviet tactics, or were trained BY the Soviets.

The Kalashnikov wasn't designed for rebels and conscripts any the same that the M16 was intended for professionals. Both rifles were designed for the purpose of being infantry rifles to be used by individual soldiers who would be trained on; the individual soldier from both nations would have the same experience with the same rifle at the same time and would be trained exact the same, both would have had the exact same training equivalency on the rifle.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Yuketobaniac unions
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuketobaniac unions » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Kazarogkai wrote:
Both were pretty effective for the role they were meant to play. The Russian PPSH was meant as a cost effective mass produced weapon able to be issued on a large scale, while the Finnish K/P-31 was meant for use by a smaller force with an emphasis on quality. Basically the same argument can be made for the M16A3 and the Ak-74 both of which are great for their intended roles, the M16A3 for professionals while the Ak-74 for rebels and conscripts. If I was running a military force, especially because of my emphasis on mass unit attrition warfare, the PPSH would be my preferred choice for equipping the troops with.

I mean, no, you're wrong, but thats okay. Everyone learn from somewhere.

The PPSh-41 was intended as a cost-effective weapon. So is every weapon, ever, and is intended for mass production, like pretty much every other gun. The K/P-31 was not meant for a smaller force with an emphasis on quality, it was designed with the purpose of filling the role of fully automatic fire at close range for purpose of providing suppression. The tactics used by the Finns and the Soviets were VERY close to one another, principally because most Finnish officers were trained on models created parallel to existing Soviet tactics, or were trained BY the Soviets.

The Kalashnikov wasn't designed for rebels and conscripts any the same that the M16 was intended for professionals. Both rifles were designed for the purpose of being infantry rifles to be used by individual soldiers who would be trained on; the individual soldier from both nations would have the same experience with the same rifle at the same time and would be trained exact the same, both would have had the exact same training equivalency on the rifle.

You are very intelligent when it comes to firearms, welp iguess i'm better in the aircraft department :lol:
Selling Tanks.
Yuketobaniac Equipment.

NSEconomy
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig. Dis hononably Banned the nation Yuketobaniac by Reploid on june 11th
I, a citizen of The UNITED STATES of AMERICA, am calling for the immediate arrest and trial of Barack Hussein Obama for treason, under Article 3 section 3 of the United States Constitution, for aiding and giving comfort to our enemies. If you agree, please copy and re-post.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:55 pm

I assure you, if you stick around the MilTec communities enough, you will learn you don't know half of what you think you do.

Goodbye.

Yuketobaniac unions
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuketobaniac unions » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:55 pm

guess thats why i joined the air force
Selling Tanks.
Yuketobaniac Equipment.

NSEconomy
_[' ]_

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Alright, here's what I want you to do. I want you to go chop up your favorite pistol and then lengthen the grip to accommodate 5.56. Then I want you to try to hold it one handed.

you were saying?

Besides, if we talk semantics (a great source of argument), a submachine gun has a separate magwell, firing a pistol-calibre cartridge. This while a machine pistol has the magwell in the grip, firing a pistol-calibre cartridge.

Wrt xm177e1 I'm just going with what the US Army called it. I *know* it's a subcarbine.

Kazarogkai wrote:
1. between 1930-50s give or take

2. Recent crash industrialization(kinda like japan), as such the manufacturing sector is not particularly advanced but it is large and capable. We have state owned indigenous weapons production facilities.

3. 28.8% of the national budget, the great depression didn't really affect us to any major degree only at worst slowing down are economy a bit but otherwise we came out fine.

4. Universal conscription, standing army, numbers as such:
*1 regiment = 8640 men
-60 Land Regiments
-60 Air Regiments
-20 Sea Regiments
-200,000 Personnel in the General Staff.

Stop right there. Nearly THIRTY PERCENT of your annual budget is military? That is MASSIVE. That is total war levels of dedication right there.

It's called the Grand Horde for a reason bro...
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Don't worry, you will learn a lot if you stick around. We have plenty of masters, journeymen, experimenters, guessers, and whatever else you need to teach you. Listen, ask questions and you will learn fast.

Kazarogkai wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:Let us start from the beginning!

What year are you basing your technology on? You don't have to give a specific year, but a decade or two range would be nice.

What is your countries manufacturing/economic ability? Again you don't need specific numbers, but are you highly advanced for your time period? Lots of production? Just getting up to gear in production? Etc.

How much is your government spending on the military? No need to give us a budget, but a guess at a percentage of GDP, government expenditure, or just a general feeling of how well funded your armed forces would be.

How many men are in your armed forces? How selective is your armed forces? In general just a feel for the actual size of your army.

2. Recent crash industrialization(kinda like japan), as such the manufacturing sector is not particularly advanced but it is large and capable. We have state owned indigenous weapons production facilities.

3. 28.8% of the national budget, the great depression didn't really affect us to any major degree only at worst slowing down are economy a bit but otherwise we came out fine.

*1 regiment = 8640 men
-60 Land Regiments
-60 Air Regiments
-20 Sea Regiments

1 and 2 combined mean that you probably aren't going to have the most mechanized or advanced force. Something to think about, most armies in WWII were not fully mechanized and still relied upon horses as part of their logistical train. It also likely limits the amount of equipment your troops will have access to.

3 and 4 in part need a justification. Why was your government and people spending so much and devoting so much man power to the armed forces?

Also what is a ea and air regiment?
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Yuketobaniac unions
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuketobaniac unions » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:Don't worry, you will learn a lot if you stick around. We have plenty of masters, journeymen, experimenters, guessers, and whatever else you need to teach you. Listen, ask questions and you will learn fast.

Kazarogkai wrote:

*1 regiment = 8640 men
-60 Land Regiments
-60 Air Regiments
-20 Sea Regiments

1 and 2 combined mean that you probably aren't going to have the most mechanized or advanced force. Something to think about, most armies in WWII were not fully mechanized and still relied upon horses as part of their logistical train. It also likely limits the amount of equipment your troops will have access to.

3 and 4 in part need a justification. Why was your government and people spending so much and devoting so much man power to the armed forces?

Take tips from Israel make a small powerful military with advanced tech and it will need less manpower
Selling Tanks.
Yuketobaniac Equipment.

NSEconomy
_[' ]_

Korva
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2013

Postby Korva » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Phoeniciia wrote:What are some [preferably 7.62mm] assault rifles [no kalashnikov] that I could adopt as the standard service rifle for the Phoenician infantry?

I'm only asking here because my knowledge on military related stuff is subpar.

here is a list of some

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:14 pm

Yuketobaniac unions wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:Don't worry, you will learn a lot if you stick around. We have plenty of masters, journeymen, experimenters, guessers, and whatever else you need to teach you. Listen, ask questions and you will learn fast.

Take tips from Israel make a small powerful military with advanced tech and it will need less manpower

Problem with that is Israel has conscription because it needs numbers. Israel is one of a few nations IRL that has universal, or near universal, conscription. Why? Because Israel needs those numbers. It has a large technological edge over many of its opponents, but it also is severely outnumbered. Thus it has universal conscription to bolster its numbers.

An other great example of universal conscription is South Korea. Again it is facing a set of opponents who it may need to fight on a moments notice, who have larger military numbers.
Fact Book.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:We have plenty of masters, journeymen, experimenters, guessers, and whatever else you need to teach you.

Which am I?
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:29 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:We have plenty of masters, journeymen, experimenters, guessers, and whatever else you need to teach you.

Which am I?

Resident sword aficionado.

On that note, SoH-Senpai, where would I fall?
this guy is a fucking furry and a therian
Btw, here's my IC flag

"Purp go to bed." - Nirvash Type TheEnd

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Phoeniciia wrote:What are some [preferably 7.62mm] assault rifles [no kalashnikov] that I could adopt as the standard service rifle for the Phoenician infantry?

I'm only asking here because my knowledge on military related stuff is subpar.

Depending on your political stance the FN FAL would be good, "Right Arm of the Free World" and all that jazz.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:34 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
Which am I?

Resident sword aficionado.

I know more than most here but I definitely wouldn't call myself very knowledgeable. It's more of a fetish than an area of expertise.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:

*1 regiment = 8640 men
-60 Land Regiments
-60 Air Regiments
-20 Sea Regiments

I know, hence why mechanized infantry are only ever used as accompaniment to the Cavalry units serving to support them.

We are a Stracratic authoritarian state with a pretty massive population(75,330,000 People) known as The Grand Horde, the military size and budget are going to be rather large.

We use the same names to refer to units and ranks in all branches of the armed forces. A Land Regiment is simply a regiment within the land forces, a Sea Regiment is pretty much a small fleet in the sea forces, and an Air Regiment is more or less an entire airbase within the air force.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:

I know, hence why mechanized infantry are only ever used as accompaniment to the Cavalry units serving to support them.

We are a Stracratic authoritarian state with a pretty massive population(75,330,000 People) known as The Grand Horde, the military size and budget are going to be rather large.

We use the same names to refer to units and ranks in all branches of the armed forces. A Land Regiment is simply a regiment within the land forces, a Sea Regiment is pretty much a small fleet in the sea forces, and an Air Regiment is more or less an entire airbase within the air force.

So basically you're Iran with the Canadian Forces command structure. Except with the same rank names.
this guy is a fucking furry and a therian
Btw, here's my IC flag

"Purp go to bed." - Nirvash Type TheEnd

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Kazarogkai wrote:

So basically you're Iran with the Canadian Forces command structure. Except with the same rank names.

?
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:

Ok, your government type doesn't well explain why you have the current military size and budget. Young men of military age are great for an economy. Keeping them under arms has a number of costs, it costs the government a bunch of money to train, equip and maintain them. They can not be participating in the economy at large while under arms. It creates social issues, as families, and the young men, generally don't like being forced to serve.

The only real reason to carry out such policies is because you fear an attack from a strong opponent before you can build up your forces, and/or because you do not have time time and/or space to build up your forces should they attack. Look at Israel and South Korea, they are both relatively small nations with enemies right next door.

If you simply need to inflate numbers over an all volunteer force. conscripting a portion of your available population is preferable. Especially if you work to target those portions of your population that are not contributing as much to your nation.

I have less problems with the budget, especially if you are expansionist over this time period. Just understand that this has costs, both to your citizens and to your economy.

I think you should reorganize your non land formations. Land, sea and air forces have very different functions, systems, and needs. There differences in organization reflect that. That is however not really a discussion for this thread.

Fordorsia wrote:

Which am I?

Yukonastan wrote:

I'm not going to come up with the official IDT rating scale. Puz at one point did a brief bio on most of the regulars, those were fun.
Fact Book.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:00 pm

stop pressuring me to do the IDT regulars again

Goodbye.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:04 pm

no keep going
Unreachable.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:15 pm

This is why Germany invaded Pol&.

Goodbye.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:15 pm

I know they got posted, but I can't even remember where or when. Plus no pressure to do them again.
Fact Book.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information