NATION

PASSWORD

The Preamble to Your Nation's Constitution

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:06 am

"Like Dude... You Should probably like read this... like seriously man... You should dude, it like has the rules and laws and stuff brah"
"Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still."

Conoga
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conoga » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:20 am

In the name of an almighty God, the Chvezzeran people and their cantons, believing that the incompetence to recognize the rights of the citizen and the cantons is the sole cause of social catastrophes and the corruption of governments, resolved to renew their alliance and formally establish the universal rights, so as to strengthen liberty, unity, independence, and peace in a spirit of openness towards the world, determined to live together with mutual consideration and respect for their diversity, conscious of their common achievements and their responsibility towards the succeeding generations, and in the knowledge that only those who use their freedom will truly remain free, that the strength of a people is measured by the well-being of its weakest members; hereby adopts the following Constitution

Or something like that.

Voerdeland
Senator

Founded: Sep 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Voerdeland » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:57 am

Founding Fathers of the Free State wrote:We the people of Voerdeland, believing in the ideas of equality, personal freedom, and elective government, declare this Constitution the supreme law of our Free State.

Central Lothian
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Lothian » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:27 pm

We have no constitution in Central Lothian - the political system is in a constant state of evolution (caused by us never having a revolution or anything), and is constantly changing due to either Acts of Parliament or decisions in a court of law - so we have no preamble.
Please note: Central Lothian is the direct successor to Mid Lothian*. As a result, I am still called Rebecca, I am still a Grammar Nazi and most information pertaining to ML also applies to CL (although I will be taking this time to change a few things).

* - And I may refer to the country as Mid Lothian. If I do, assume that I mean Central Lothian. (And not to be confused with "Midlothian" - I'm using that as a fascist version of CL.)

Zersium wrote:I actually meant England. Scotland uses the pound?

Milograd wrote:
Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:We are a MEGA POWER-A combination between Hyperpower and Smart Power

Obviously. If there is one word that describes Kalasparata, it is obviously "smart."

Christian Indonesia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Indonesia » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 pm

We have a preamble, but we not yet translate it into english
Christian Indonesia is a country in Southeast Asia and Oceania. New Indonesia comprises 18,000 Islands. Bhineka Tunggal Ika is This Country Motto, We Use Democracy Government here, We Use Only One ever Ideology That's Called Pancasila

"Indonesia Raya, merdeka, merdeka!
Tanahku, negeriku, yang kucinta
Indonesia Raya, merdeka, merdeka!
Hiduplah Indonesia Raya"
Christian Indonesia Map
Christian Indonesia Anthem
Christian Indonesia Wiki

United Earthlings
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United Earthlings » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:28 pm

The State of Monavia wrote:It had this preamble, which is a poorly-worded ripoff of a real-life document some of you may recognize.

They say imitation is the best form of flattery, so don't feel too bad. After reading about half a dozen other nations Constitutions including the United States, France, United Kingdom and Australia to get a good baseline to write my own Constitution, the many similarities between them, you begin to get a little bored reading the same thing over and over again let alone it being only slightly differently wordy if your lucky.

So, the poorly-worded rip-off you shouldn't feel to bad about, since they do it in real life to, the mirror image of themselves in each others Constitution while making sense historically was sort of amusing once you got down to reading the fine print. You'd expect each nation to have its own unique Constitution, but alas for the most part they all pretty much say the same thing, a good thing in the end I suppose.

=======================================================================================

Back to the topic at hand, see this post for the Preamble.
Commonwealth Defence Export|OC Thread for Storefront|Write-Ups
Embassy Page|Categories Types

You may delay, but time will not, therefore make sure to enjoy the time you've wasted.

Welcome to the NSverse, where funding priorities and spending levels may seem very odd, to say the least.

Jakaragua
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakaragua » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 pm

A constitution like other legal documents requires a state to enforce it. Since we don't have a state we have no single, binding constitution.
Last edited by Jakaragua on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boredom is counter-revolutionary.

Amerikians
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:13 pm

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of Amerika.
The United States of America
Obscure popculture references abound. The current year is 2042 of the Common Era, or Anno Domini, depending.

AM I EVEN CAPABLE OF CALLING IT A FUCKING PARODY ANYMORE!?!
Proclaimed Best-NS-America, one of Estainia's.

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The State of Monavia » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:23 pm

They say imitation is the best form of flattery, so don't feel too bad. After reading about half a dozen other nations Constitutions including the United States, France, United Kingdom and Australia to get a good baseline to write my own Constitution, the many similarities between them, you begin to get a little bored reading the same thing over and over again let alone it being only slightly differently wordy if your lucky.

So, the poorly-worded rip-off you shouldn't feel to bad about, since they do it in real life to, the mirror image of themselves in each others Constitution while making sense historically was sort of amusing once you got down to reading the fine print. You'd expect each nation to have its own unique Constitution, but alas for the most part they all pretty much say the same thing, a good thing in the end I suppose.

I used the Constitution of the United States as a linguistic, grammar, and formatting guide for much of Monavia's constitution. When I first started playing NS, there were people copying and pasting whole paragraphs, word for word, from RL laws into WA resolutions (it was the UN back then). That behavior and similar behavior left me discouraged from wanting to do anything similar, and besides, I like originality.
——✠ ✠——THE IMPERIAL FEDERATION OF THE MONAVIAN EMPIRE——✠ ✠——
FACTBOOKS AND LOREROLEPLAY CANONDIPLOMATIC EXCHANGE

MY GUIDES ON ROLEPLAYING DIPLOMACY, ROLEPLAY ETIQUETTE, CREATING A NEW NATION,
LEARNING HOW TO ROLEPLAY (FORTHCOMING), AND ROLEPLAYING EVIL (PART ONE)

Seventeen-Year Veteran of NationStates ∙ Retired N&I Roleplay Mentor
Member of the NS Writing Project and the Roleplayers Union
I am a classical monarchist Orthodox Christian from Phoenix, Arizona.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

Central Lothian
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Lothian » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:58 am

United Earthlings wrote:After reading about half a dozen other nations Constitutions including the United States, France, United Kingdom

OOC - I'd love to see you try: the United Kingdom doesn't actually have a Constitution.
Please note: Central Lothian is the direct successor to Mid Lothian*. As a result, I am still called Rebecca, I am still a Grammar Nazi and most information pertaining to ML also applies to CL (although I will be taking this time to change a few things).

* - And I may refer to the country as Mid Lothian. If I do, assume that I mean Central Lothian. (And not to be confused with "Midlothian" - I'm using that as a fascist version of CL.)

Zersium wrote:I actually meant England. Scotland uses the pound?

Milograd wrote:
Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:We are a MEGA POWER-A combination between Hyperpower and Smart Power

Obviously. If there is one word that describes Kalasparata, it is obviously "smart."

United Earthlings
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United Earthlings » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:52 am

Central Lothian wrote:
United Earthlings wrote:After reading about half a dozen other nations Constitutions including the United States, France, United Kingdom

OOC - I'd love to see you try: the United Kingdom doesn't actually have a Constitution.

OK: Students today were going to learn a little about British History and our Constitution. Now, there may be some out there that try to tell you that we don't have a Constitution, but that only shows them to be ignorant of our long history and our proud traditions not to mention their lackluster research skills.

The United Kingdom's Constitution and the British Parliamentary Constitutional Papers.

The Cliff Notes on the Constitution of the United Kingdom

:twisted: :lol2: :lol2: :bow:
Commonwealth Defence Export|OC Thread for Storefront|Write-Ups
Embassy Page|Categories Types

You may delay, but time will not, therefore make sure to enjoy the time you've wasted.

Welcome to the NSverse, where funding priorities and spending levels may seem very odd, to say the least.

The Tavan Race
Minister

Founded: May 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tavan Race » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:26 pm

TurtleShroom wrote:Every nation has some form of Constitution or basic document of law.

Has a representative from your nation visited every civilized place in every civilized universe before making this claim? Somehow, we doubt it.
.[]__ta ilokune nunlasi a kiso'hoso'hei kaetin__[]
.[]__voika neinseil tenei luneva daishe__[]
.Our Factbook
Tavan is capitalized when referring to a societal construct, such as the military or language.
It is left lowercase when referring to an individual organism or a biological characteristic.

The Harrowlands
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Harrowlands » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:31 am

Well our constitution is not codified into a single document, but consists of centuries' worth of Acts of Parliament, treaties, court judgements, statutes etc. The closest thing we have is the Constitution Act 1901, which affirmed and bound the existing constitutional law, and put limits on Parliament's power to change the constitutional law.

Its preamble reads much like the preamble to most significant Acts of Parliament:

WHEREAS it is desirable to formally affirm the existence of laws written and unwritten pertaining to governance of the kingdom and to the Crown;

AND WHEREAS it is not appropriate that those laws may be changed by governments and parliaments for wicked or political interests;

AND WHEREAS it is desirable to give due protection to those laws to guard against the aforementioned circumstances;

Be it therefore enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-
Puppet of Chelta.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:49 am

The states of ArghNeedAName are hereby united to establish a free and sovereign state which is governed by democratic prinicples in the interests of liberty, justice and prosperity, and therefore author the Basic Law of the union in order to ensure fair and efficient governance and promote and secure the Rights of the Citizen.

Our "Constitution" technically includes the Basic Law of the Federal Government and the Basic Laws of each one of the 24 States.
Last edited by ArghNeedAName on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
President: Malcolm Whitacre
Prime Minister: Mark Robinson
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs: Michael Barton
1 (Ignore) - 2 (Grumble) - 3 (Threaten) - 4 (Invade) - 5 (Lose)
United Provinces of ArghNeedAName (Note the change!)
Adjective: ArghNeedANamic; Demonym: ArghNeedANamer
Wiki Page Constitution Glossary Hansard
RP Population: 104 million
Embassy program now still open!
Interested in creating a parliamentary diagram? View my guide here!

Lancov
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancov » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:58 am

The Democratic Republic of Lancov is hereby declared occupying the borders of the former Kingdom of Lancov, and is the lawful successor state to that nation, by proclamation of the Lancovian people. All treaties signed before the date November 3rd in the year 1919 that limit or would otherwise partially or fully remove this nation's sovereignty are hereby null and void. By the will of God, this proclamation shall forever be backed by force of arms.
Демократска Република Лaнкoв | RP population: 60 million | rewriting canon as of 2023. previous posts may no longer be accurate | Currency: Haid (1 LVH = 0.41 USD)

| WA Mission | Factbook |
Everyone wrote:Who?

Xanicea
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:23 pm

Several Constitutions have been established throughout the rise and fall of Xanicea's politically unstable regimes, though the current one has the following Preamble:

In order to form a better and more utopian society and union, to preserve the rights of citizens, to protect claims from foreign invasion, to preserve order, justice, and peace, and to ensure prosperity and progress through the future ahead, the citizens, Privy Council, and Premier Ivan Vroronin hereby establish this document, hoping that it will provide guidance and integrity for future generations. Therefore, on this date of April Seventeenth, two thousand Anno Domini, we do establish the Xanicean Constitution.
Sibirsky wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.

100% of government spending goes to "stuff government spends money on."

I know. I am just as shocked as you are.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Consti-what? Preramble? Haha. Such organic terms. None of which are used in the Empire.

Though we do have somthing KINDA like a Constricution.. The Code of Conduct, it tells Drones what their duties are to the Empire. And its engrave in their artificial Memories.

Unlike you organics, who probably don't even know their Constiquestion... or whatever..
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

POLITIKANIA
Attaché

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby POLITIKANIA » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:45 am

Conoga and The Harrowlands

Sorry I write this thread
Could you please send me numbers from 1 to 10 (as in English : one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten) from Chvezzeran, Harrowish on my thread: NUMBERS FROM 1 TO 10 IN YOUR CONSTRUCTED LANGUAGE(S)?
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=271902&start=300

Thank you!
Last edited by POLITIKANIA on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 pm

We, the people declare the establishment of the Christian Republic of Luziyca, amongst the 84 states which were inhabited by the peoples which now comprise Luziyca in an eternal covenant with the Almighty Lord, and swear to God to defend and protect our land.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

The Volkstaat Republic
Attaché

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Volkstaat Republic » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:30 am

Preamble to the Constitution of the Volkstaat Republic (1856-1902)

We have come together on this day in order to establish the Volkstaat Republic. We here wish to creat a self governing state of which was created by Afrikaners and shall represent Afrikaners for its entirety. This document will secure the dreams ands wishes of the Voortrekkers who have fought for this land and we now hereby establish this new republic and this document to be called the Volkstast Constitution will act as the unalienable law of the republic for which all laws will strive to protect.

Preamble to the Constitution of the Volkstaat Republic (1909-Present)

We here representing the eight million people of the Volkstaat Republic have drafted this documents to establish a new republic to reestablished the Volkstaat Republic which was disbanded by British rule in 1902. We wish to create a republic meant for all people to be treated fairly as a multi-ethnic republic. This nation shall be guided under Unitarian republican principles based of a release I five democracy structure. This document shall be the whole and unchalangable law of the republic by which all laws are based upon
The Volkstaat Republic

Afrikaans majority post-Apartheid state located in the western half of South Africa.

RP's: Cape Town Complex

Praetorianus
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Praetorianus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Oooh! Can someone here please help Chinese Peoples, The Greater Aryan Race, and I write a essay long Preamble for Praetorianus' Constitution in-progress? Neither of us have come up with ideas for it yet. One or more of you seem very experienced with preamble writing. If you'd like to participate, the link to the Constitution brainstorming post is here:
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=381820&p=29179602#p29179602
"You cannot have a hardassed nation if you are not strict. You cannot have a strong nation if you are not strong. You cannot have a conservative nation if you're not conservative. You cannot have a God-fearing nation if you're not God-fearing. The people look to their leader as they look to their fathers and mothers. They learn from them. Give them your finest example."
PONTIUS the ILL-TEMPERED, 1924

Prae is PRO: Fascist, Imperialist, Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Homophobic, Islamophobic, Atheophobic, Hitler, Trump, Mussolini, Rome, Greece, Medieval-Classical Society.
Prae is CON: Communist, ISIS, LGBT, Non-Abraham Religions, Soviet, Darwin, Marx, Evolution, Feminism, SJW, Lenin to Gorbachev, Modern Society.
PRAE.ANTAR. ̲̅☀̲̅☨̲̅☠̲̅▽̲̅ I.P.A.N.B.E.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information