NATION

PASSWORD

Rest In Peace, Lathuria

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Saurisisia wrote:Wow, I'm shocked to have heard this. I never knew Lathuria, but I offer you my deepest condolences. A loss of a friend or family member is never an easy thing to handle but know this: wherever he is right now, I am sure he would've wanted you to live a long and happy life, for surely he would never be able to experience that.

Wow, that's pretty deep from someone who's an Autistic.

Thank you very much for your post.
Remember 12/18/11
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=156299
"Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow; I am the diamond glints on the snow. I am the sunlight that ripened grain; I am the gentle autumns’s rain. When you awaken in the morning’s hush, I am the swift uplifting rush, Of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft star that shines at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry. I am not there; I did not die."
Rest In Peace, dear friend
-For Donovan aka 'Lathuria'
Recently Deceased

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Leneptus wrote:
Saurisisia wrote:Wow, I'm shocked to have heard this. I never knew Lathuria, but I offer you my deepest condolences. A loss of a friend or family member is never an easy thing to handle but know this: wherever he is right now, I am sure he would've wanted you to live a long and happy life, for surely he would never be able to experience that.

Wow, that's pretty deep from someone who's an Autistic.

Thank you very much for your post.

You're welcome.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Katganistan wrote:I'm sorry for your loss.

I appreciate it.
Remember 12/18/11
"Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow; I am the diamond glints on the snow. I am the sunlight that ripened grain; I am the gentle autumns’s rain. When you awaken in the morning’s hush, I am the swift uplifting rush, Of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft star that shines at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry. I am not there; I did not die."
Recently Deceased

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:18 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, even if I didn't know him very well.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Petit Chevalia
Attaché

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Petit Chevalia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:23 pm

I always get worked up when something happens to an NSer. I never know any of these people, really - I don't post much. I do read a lot, though - reading through NS threads is the highlight of my day, every day. It can get crazy in here, sometimes hilarious, sometimes heated, but everyone's contributions keeps me coming back. People here care so much for each other, too, and that's touching - even people that were just warned for flaming each other moments ago. :p

So to hear that someone was killed in such a stupid, preventable accident, and at so young... I'm so sorry. I hope that all of you, his friends and family, are able to heal in good time. My thanks to Donovan for being a part of the website that makes my afternoon each day. His contributions made everyone's day a little brighter - everyone's contributions do, I think, however small. It wouldn't be NS without Donovans.

That probably sounds really stupid, I'm so bad at trying to explain how I feel, but I hope you kind of understand what I'm getting at there. :unsure:

Republic of Aspergia
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Aspergia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:23 pm

I don't know him, but I surely hope that he rests in peace, and I will offer my condolences to the OP, his family, and to everyone else that knew him. I apologize, I wish I could offer something more sentimental, but my hands are tied up right now. :(
Last edited by Republic of Aspergia on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Petit Chevalia wrote:I always get worked up when something happens to an NSer. I never know any of these people, really - I don't post much. I do read a lot, though - reading through NS threads is the highlight of my day, every day. It can get crazy in here, sometimes hilarious, sometimes heated, but everyone's contributions keeps me coming back. People here care so much for each other, too, and that's touching - even people that were just warned for flaming each other moments ago. :p

So to hear that someone was killed in such a stupid, preventable accident, and at so young... I'm so sorry. I hope that all of you, his friends and family, are able to heal in good time. My thanks to Donovan for being a part of the website that makes my afternoon each day. His contributions made everyone's day a little brighter - everyone's contributions do, I think, however small. It wouldn't be NS without Donovans.

That probably sounds really stupid, I'm so bad at trying to explain how I feel, but I hope you kind of understand what I'm getting at there. :unsure:

Nothing about what you said was stupid. I enjoyed your post, and thoroughly appreciate the sincerity of it. I really do.

Republic of Aspergia wrote:I don't know him, but I surely hope that he rests in peace, and I will offer my condolences to the OP, his family, and to everyone else that knew him. I apologize, I wish I could offer something more sentimental, but my hands are tied up right now. :(

Nothing was required in the first place. It speaks much of your character that you took the time to offer sympathies to a stranger. Although, as i'm coming to learn, I suppose there aren't many strangers on NS.
Thank you.
Remember 12/18/11
Recently Deceased

Homosexy
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Homosexy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 pm

I didn't know him, though I may have seen a post or two by him, but I'm so sorry to hear this.

Getting through this is not going to be easy, no one's ever going to say that it's going to be, but I hope that you know that it will get better. What's always shocking about someone's death is that life continues to go on around you, but the important thing is the world stopped for you and all the people who knew and loved him. I've dealt with a few deaths in my life, and my TG box is always open if you need to talk about anything. :)

xoxo

RIP Lathuria.
Hii!! My name is Shellby. Yes, I am a girl. Yes, that is me in my flag. :)
There's only us. There's only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way. No day but today.
Love and expression, not hate and oppression!!~

Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Homosexy wrote:I didn't know him, though I may have seen a post or two by him, but I'm so sorry to hear this.

Getting through this is not going to be easy, no one's ever going to say that it's going to be, but I hope that you know that it will get better. What's always shocking about someone's death is that life continues to go on around you, but the important thing is the world stopped for you and all the people who knew and loved him. I've dealt with a few deaths in my life, and my TG box is always open if you need to talk about anything. :)

xoxo

RIP Lathuria.

Thank you, Homosexy. :)
Remember 12/18/11
Recently Deceased

Elyomia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Elyomia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. This death is something that should never have happened. He will be missed dearly by not only his family and friends, and you, but also the NS community. We're all here for you if you need any assistance during this hard time for you.

My TG box is always open if you need anything. Stay strong.
The Democratic Commonwealth of Elyomia
'Freedom, Peace and Unity'
Monarch: HRH King Bahol Umij II
President: Birgitte Christiansen
Prime Minister: Bay'hli Fahabya
Secretary of Foreign Relations and Trade: Lhau'l Umaqi
Secretary of Defence and Border Protection: Toshiko Chimizu
Secretary of Emergency Response and Services: Jorn Schmidt-Rasmussen
Secretary of Finance, Treasury and Government Funding: Mohammed Al-Anawqi
Secretary of Communications, Science and Technology: Christina Aj-Y'nai
Secretary of the Environment, Arts, Heritage and Education : Malachi Goldstein
Secretary of Health, Industry and Infrastructure: Anass Khalil El-Amin
Secretary of Internal and Provincial Affairs: Bongani Ihejerika

[4]

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Elyomia wrote:My TG box is always open if you need anything. Stay strong.

As is mine. :hug:

Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 pm

Elyomia wrote:I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. This death is something that should never have happened. He will be missed dearly by not only his family and friends, and you, but also the NS community. We're all here for you if you need any assistance during this hard time for you.

My TG box is always open if you need anything. Stay strong.

Many, many thanks.

Milks Empire wrote:

I appreciate it.
Remember 12/18/11
Recently Deceased

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Milks Empire wrote:

And mine as well.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:53 pm

I'm sorry for your loss.

But don't dwell on his death. Remember his life. The odds of a person being born, depending on how far back you go, are extremely low. Be glad that he existed and that he enjoyed his life, short though it may have been. Remember happy times, and be glad that they happened.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:I'm sorry for your loss.

But don't dwell on his death. Remember his life. The odds of a person being born, depending on how far back you go, are extremely low. Be glad that he existed and that he enjoyed his life, short though it may have been. Remember happy times, and be glad that they happened.

I will try. Thats all I can do.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:As is mine. :hug:

And mine as well.

Thank you, Nightkill. I swear I think he mentioned you before. He was telling me about the game, and about the RP you were in. He mentioned that you were funny. Actually, 'Funny as hell" was what he used to describe you. :lol:
Now i'm off to find the RP it was.
Remember 12/18/11
Recently Deceased

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Leneptus wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:I'm sorry for your loss.

I will try. Thats all I can do.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:And mine as well.

Thank you, Nightkill. I swear I think he mentioned you before. He was telling me about the game, and about the RP you were in. He mentioned that you were funny. Actually, 'Funny as hell" was what he used to describe you. :lol:
Now i'm off to find the RP it was.

I believe it was our D&D rp, which has been eaten by the F7 autoprune.

But I'm incredibly touched by that. I wish I had time to know him better.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:11 pm

OP, and others in this thread who were his friends, I'm deeply sorry for yall's loss. I won't claim to have known him, but I know exactly what yall are going through. In my freshman year of high school, I lost two friends to drunk drivers (separate, unrelated accidents about 6 months apart). Both lived long enough to get to the hospital, and continued living (though unresponsive) for a few weeks afterward. I know that 3 minutes may or may not seem fair, but I'd consider him lucky (again, I never knew him, so I can't say any definites), as I can only imagine the pain my friends went through. I don't think I could have stood it for 30 seconds, much less 3 minutes or even 3 weeks. You all have my deepest sympathies. :hug:
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Stinker of a State
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stinker of a State » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:13 pm

I never interacted with him, but I am deeply sorry to hear about what happened.

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Dang, really sorry to hear about the loss..I checked the region that you linked to in one of your posts...creeped me out how his posts were so recent, though I guess thats because it shows how ones life can be terminated in a random chance of events. The fact that the driver was drunk pisses me off though, in the first place I find the consumption of alcoholic beverages to be illogical, and in the second, the power of a motor vehicle in comparison to the effect of its force on a human body is reason why people should be super attentive when operating one. My dad told me that his golden (Thats the color, its not actually made of gold) 4 door chyrsler (Its the same one the presidential model uses, except that one is much more reinforced this is just the civilian model) going at 5 mph is enough to kill someone. Which turns out is true, most people don't know the effects of their cars, using the momentum of a vehicle and applying that force against a human is simple to sever critical organs and thus a person's necessary connection to this world. The car, which is shorter actually weighs more and I think is the same length, but its why when I was in driver's ed, these things were stressed. I'm tempted to go in a rant about why I hate this world and humans and people who give birth and life and the nature of the 3 dimensional world we live in, but I'll save that for later. You should make a poll titled "Predict whats happening to Lathuria" though imo. Make options in it such as "A. Burning in hell for all eternity because god loves us all. B. Since his brain cannot process anything, he is turned off and no more, which is kinda sad imo.. C. He is reincarnated as someone or maybe an animal, D. Hes in heaven with choir angels or whatever, and E. Hes floating in some spirit world", I guess maybe the discussion will spark more remembrance and stuff on the nture of life..sucks how people can just die at a young age and randomly, while others manage to live for over a hundred years and avoid these kinds of events for so long..tis a combination of luck and human actions..

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:40 pm

That's too bad. I'm very sorry to hear that, and I wish his family and friends comfort during this hard time.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:43 pm

He sounds familiar but I'm not sure I had much contact with him.

Regardless, my condolences.

Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Creative Vikings » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:33 am

I didn't know him, but it wracks my heart to know people still die so innocently and so senselessly :(

May he rest better now, for he is at peace

The Floor Kippers
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 12, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Floor Kippers » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:20 am

One of Nationstate's nice guys is gone.
I for one will sorely miss him, Things just won't be the same.
My thoughts are with his freinds and family.
RIP Lath, it was fun.
Co-Founder of The Realm of Unrestricted Science.
“The shortest unit of time in the multiverse is the New York Second, defined as the period of time between the traffic lights turning green and the cab behind you honking.”
"Never discuss religion, politics, or toast"
Great Nepal wrote:
The Floor Kippers wrote:Britain has a stronger claim than Argentina does.

That doesn't say much...
Martian alien slugs who have never heard of earth have stronger claim than Argentina.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:27 am

As the delegate of his region, I must say that there are times where he came and gone, but when he was there he was one of our most active participants and a fine RPer. I regret not signing up for his most recent Gods of the Multiverse RP. He will be missed and I send my deepest condolences to his family.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives