NATION

PASSWORD

Rest In Peace, Lathuria

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Rest In Peace, Lathuria

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Right now, i'm sitting in a friend's house, on his computer, while his family (mother, little sister, and little brother) are in the living room, along with quite a few other friends. We are all mourning his early, horrifying death.
I had to write something.
I'm not sure how many of you knew "Lathuria" by his real name, Donovan, but he was a friend of mine, though I am a few years older than him. We went to the same high school.
Well, he was hit, and killed, by a drunk man (actually a teacher at our school) three days ago. He lived for approximately three minutes afterwards (according to his mom), and did not make it to the hospital even by helicopter. Attempts to revive him were not successful. He was walking home from a friend's house, where a few of us were playing Modern Warfare. I'm not completely sure why i'm writing this. Perhaps as a discussion about drunk drivers? Maybe as a discussion of Donovan? I don't know. .
If you knew Donovan at all, in real life or here, you probably know that he deserves a lot more than what he got, and a certainly more than a god damn thread in remembrance of him.
But I had to write something

"Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow; I am the diamond glints on the snow.
I am the sunlight that ripened grain; I am the gentle autumns’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush, I am the swift uplifting rush,
Of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there;

I did not die."

Donovan is on the left, i'm on the far right. Donny couldn't take a picture with what he was smoking, so he had to put it out for the pic :lol:

Donovan on the left, with a particularly big dip in. Tito, in the middle, has cupcake on his face. The cupcake in question is held by his little brother, on the right.

Donovan, pre-haircut. I do believe he let those girls straighten his hair. :lol:
Last edited by Leneptus on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Remember 12/18/11
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=156299
"Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow; I am the diamond glints on the snow. I am the sunlight that ripened grain; I am the gentle autumns’s rain. When you awaken in the morning’s hush, I am the swift uplifting rush, Of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft star that shines at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry. I am not there; I did not die."
Rest In Peace, dear friend
-For Donovan aka 'Lathuria'
Recently Deceased

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:25 pm

I knew him briefly, as we were in one rp together. I'm incredibly sorry for his untimely death, and I offer my condolences, though that is not and will not be enough.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The Mighty Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Islands » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 pm

I don't really know what to say about this, it is like being told to do an impromptu eulogy for someone you barely know. But, from how little I interacted with him, I knew he was a nice guy. I once knew someone through internet forums who died, and its still just as painful. I hope you and your friends are able to get through this. I offer my greatest condolences.

Antemyst
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:34 pm

I didn't know him at all, but having lost others similarly, I'm sorry for your - and our - loss.

Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:36 pm

Thanks, to all three of you.
Remember 12/18/11
"Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow; I am the diamond glints on the snow. I am the sunlight that ripened grain; I am the gentle autumns’s rain. When you awaken in the morning’s hush, I am the swift uplifting rush, Of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft star that shines at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry. I am not there; I did not die."
Recently Deceased

Sunny Marionette
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunny Marionette » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:39 pm

I didn't know him. But all the same, it's tragic. I offer my deepest condolences. And a hug. :hug:
Formerly known as WWIIHG
Add 2357 to post count and three years to the age.
Religion: Zen Buddhist
Political Affiliation: None
Political Beliefs:Liberal most of the time

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:One time in India, I managed to draw an elaborate battle scene in the sand with my piss. Granted, my friends aided me in this matter, but we finished with Darth Vader force choking a random Jedi. It was one of the greatest achievements of our lives.

Matts Empire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Matts Empire » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Hey man i know the feeling. In march I lost a friend because of a drunk driver who was an illegal immigrant. Sorry man be strong

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:40 pm

I didn't know him, but a loss is always a terrible thing. I'm sorry to hear he's gone, and I hope you'll accept my condolences as well as pass them on to his family.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Sunny Marionette wrote:I didn't know him. But all the same, it's tragic. I offer my deepest condolences. And a hug. :hug:

I appreciate it. :hug:

Matts Empire wrote:Hey man i know the feeling. In march I lost a friend because of a drunk driver who was an illegal immigrant. Sorry man be strong

We'll make it. Its just going to be... difficult. Right now, I think im too much in shock to actually fully feel the effects of this shit. Right now, i'm going through all his old posts on here. A bit weird, but its comforting, for some reason.
Remember 12/18/11
Recently Deceased

Conclespia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conclespia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:42 pm

I barely knew him, but I offer my deepest condolences. You'll be okay man, and I'm sure he's on the other side by now.
Was Conclespia.

Kantanska
Attaché

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kantanska » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:43 pm

I wish to offer my sincerest condolences. I regret I did not get to know Donovan, but I am still saddened by his untimely death. It is a shame to lose anyone in such a tragic manner. I'm sorry. I truly am.
Last edited by Kantanska on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chyeknovostan Republic
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chyeknovostan Republic » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:43 pm

My condolences, I know what it's like to loose a friend.
Chyekish Soviet Union

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 pm

L-lathuria?! That's horrible! I knew him pretty well at one point, a few months ago; he was in the original Fall of Gods for a while. I'm shocked that such a horrible thing could happen, and I wish I could offer more than my condolences...

We should get this thread archived once it's said and done, as a permanent memento for Lathuria.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Westegria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Westegria » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Leneptus wrote:Right now, i'm sitting in a friend's house, on his computer, while his family (mother, little sister, and little brother) are in the living room, along with quite a few other friends. We are all mourning his early, horrifying death.
I had to write something.
I'm not sure how many of you knew "Lathuria" by his real name, Donovan, but he was a friend of mine, though I am a few years older than him. We went to the same high school.
Well, he was hit, and killed, by a drunk man (actually a teacher at our school) three days ago. He lived for approximately three minutes afterwards (according to his mom), and did not make it to the hospital even by helicopter. Attempts to revive him were not successful. He was walking home from a friend's house, where a few of us were playing Modern Warfare. I'm not completely sure why i'm writing this. Perhaps as a discussion about drunk drivers? Maybe as a discussion of Donovan? I don't know. .
If you knew Donovan at all, in real life or here, you probably know that he deserves a lot more than what he got, and a certainly more than a god damn thread in remembrance of him.
But I had to write something

Holy Mary, Mother of God... You and those who knew him all have my sincere condolences.

Jopania
Secretary

Founded: Oct 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jopania » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:45 pm

I sincerely offer my condolences. I barely knew him, but I was hoping to RP more with him as the future went on.

He will be missed.

Swkoll
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swkoll » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:45 pm

I didn't really know him although I've seen him around. So tragic...

Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Need an Ignore Cannon?
Embassy NS wiki page
Current Wars: None as of now
Member of: Nothing right now
Defcon: 1 [2] 3 4 5
6*9=42
February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
97% of People of NS won't notice I did my math wrong, if you are the 1% who did, copy and paste this into your sig.

I lost the Game.
Zonolia wrote:You are without doubt the smartest NS player ever...
Montiar wrote:Best f*cking idea for a storefront ever.

Bluth Corporation wrote:You know, I used to be anti-Obama.

Then the anti-Obama folks opened their mouths and I listened to what they had to say.

Now I'm pro-Obama.

Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:L-lathuria?! That's horrible! I knew him pretty well at one point, a few months ago; he was in the original Fall of Gods for a while. I'm shocked that such a horrible thing could happen, and I wish I could offer more than my condolences...

We should get this thread archived once it's said and done, as a permanent memento for Lathuria.

That would be awesome, if it could happen. I doubt it, though, but who knows?
It surprised the shit out of me, too. I couldn;t believe it, and I almost still dont. Its like a dreamy-feeling.

And sincerest thanks to everyone offering condolences and such. I really, really do appreciate it, regardless of if you knew him.
I wish I could show something like this to his siblings, but I dont think they would appreciate the thread. They're still a little young.
Last edited by Leneptus on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember 12/18/11
Recently Deceased

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:46 pm

HOLY FUCK.
Dammit, I bumped into him a few times and he was cool, but sonofabitch, it's weird when one of us dies, as we all seem to be immortal and always and somehow log on.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Westegria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Westegria » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:L-lathuria?! That's horrible! I knew him pretty well at one point, a few months ago; he was in the original Fall of Gods for a while. I'm shocked that such a horrible thing could happen, and I wish I could offer more than my condolences...

Agreed. I knew him not, but from what I've read he was a good person, all in all. It would be a good gesture.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Leneptus wrote:

It surprised the shit out of me, too. I couldn;t believe it, and I almost still dont. Its like a dreamy-feeling.

Do you know his nation's password? Can... you keep it alive? I just feel like... we should do SOMETHING in his memory. :(
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Rest in peace, Lathuria. We barely knew ye.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Leneptus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leneptus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:
Leneptus wrote:

Do you know his nation's password? Can... you keep it alive? I just feel like... we should do SOMETHING in his memory. :(

No, but I know his email password, and apparently you can retrieve the password by email. I dont know exactly what we should do, but I do agree.
Remember 12/18/11
Recently Deceased

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:
Leneptus wrote:

Write and obituary or copy it from the newspaper and archive it at the top, pinned.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:50 pm

AETEN II wrote:HOLY FUCK.
Dammit, I bumped into him a few times and he was cool, but sonofabitch, it's weird when one of us dies, as we all seem to be immortal and always and somehow log on.

I know, bro. It's funny, isn't it? Nationstates is the only forum where you'd get this kind of response, you know? All of us... coming together to mourn the death of one of our own. I'm sad, and yet happy to see that we care for each other so much.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Leneptus wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:

No, but I know his email password, and apparently you can retrieve the password by email. I dont know exactly what we should do, but I do agree.

You could revive this in his memory.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives