NATION

PASSWORD

Spanking Your Wife / Spousal Abuse

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do you believe?

Yes, it's okay.
25%
No, it's no okay.
75%

Total votes : 142

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 pm

The Soviet Technocracy wrote:George S. Patton did it.

That was under pretty extraordinary circumstances, though. Anybody's nerves could have easily frayed and led to violence with those kinds of pressures exerted upon them.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

The Soviet Technocracy
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Technocracy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Vetalia wrote:
The Soviet Technocracy wrote:George S. Patton did it.

That was under pretty extraordinary circumstances, though. Anybody's nerves could have easily frayed and led to violence with those kinds of pressures exerted upon them.

Slapping a dude for having PTSD and calling him a cowardly bastard is a result of pressure? I thought it was a result of ignorance, but mmmkay.
New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11
I love Rebecca Black

Republicke
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Republicke » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Probably not a popular answer, but I reckon' it depends on circumstances.
Economic Left/Right: -6.00, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85

"Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth."
- B. Disraeli

Bramborska wrote:Muscular liberalism? He took my gay stripper name!

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 pm

The Soviet Technocracy wrote:Slapping a dude for having PTSD and calling him a cowardly bastard is a result of pressure? I thought it was a result of ignorance, but mmmkay.

Oh sure, ignorance played a part...but when you've been fighting for a while and seen many of your soldiers killed or maimed your sense of compassion for others is dulled, especially if they've been hospitalized for a poorly understood condition while others who have seemingly suffered worse continue to carry on. It's easy to get frustrated and snap at the "coward".

Banold
Envoy

Founded: May 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Banold » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:10 pm

No one has the right to initiate force against another.

Unless it was a defensive action, hitting is never ok, regardless of the relation. Raping your wife is never ok either.

You simply are not entitled to strike another human being...
Moral Compass: Progressive Neoliberal
-1.5 on Moral Order
-6 on Moral Rules
Political Compass: Right Libertarian
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72
Moral Compass for a Post-Industrial World: (32,-20)
New Progressive
Center for a State-less Society:
3% Economic Rightist | 41% Anarchist | 64% Anti-Militarist | 67% Socio-Cultural Liberal | 60% Civil Libertarian
Political Test: Liberal
Cosmopolitan 6% | Secular 46% | Visonary 4% | Anarchistic 23% | Capitalistic 53% | Pacifist 7% | Anthropocentric 21%

Pronounced like a contraction of the 2 English words: "Ban" + "Old" = Banold

Cosmopoles
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopoles » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Arborlawn wrote:Honesty, I believe that SHE can hit HIM as long as HE can hit HER, and vice versa. If either brake the law about it, they go to jail if it is done a night, or they both get fined if done during the day. No bruises, no broken bones, no extreme brutality.

Again, what sort of situation is violence an acceptable response to?

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:11 pm

If it's consensual (like, really consensual*) then it's not abuse. If it isn't then it is.

*by which I mean she doesn't just put up with it because she's been emotionally abused into compliance, but actually wants this to happen or is willing to put up with it because she knows her partner enjoys it

The Soviet Technocracy
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Technocracy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Vetalia wrote:
The Soviet Technocracy wrote:Slapping a dude for having PTSD and calling him a cowardly bastard is a result of pressure? I thought it was a result of ignorance, but mmmkay.

Oh sure, ignorance played a part...but when you've been fighting for a while and seen many of your soldiers killed or maimed your sense of compassion for others is dulled, especially if they've been hospitalized for a poorly understood condition while others who have seemingly suffered worse continue to carry on. It's easy to get frustrated and snap at the "coward".

Pretty sociopathic tbqh.
New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11
I love Rebecca Black

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Err. If I tried that on my wife :shock:

She would probably slit my throat from ear to ear.......
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:14 pm

The Soviet Technocracy wrote:Pretty sociopathic tbqh.

War can do that to you...

Hazvex
Envoy

Founded: Feb 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hazvex » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:16 pm

The Soviet Technocracy wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

Pretty sociopathic tbqh.

Honestly for all my respect for the man's tactics and will Patton was a sociopath.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:17 pm

How about we get rid of this nonsensical bullshit and just say that it's illegal for one adult to strike another adult outside of self-defense without the consent of the other, and leave it at that?
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

Republicke
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Republicke » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Cosmopoles wrote:
Arborlawn wrote:Honesty, I believe that SHE can hit HIM as long as HE can hit HER, and vice versa. If either brake the law about it, they go to jail if it is done a night, or they both get fined if done during the day. No bruises, no broken bones, no extreme brutality.

Again, what sort of situation is violence an acceptable response to?

What if it's the only way you can communicate a particular sentiment?
Economic Left/Right: -6.00, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85

"Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth."
- B. Disraeli

Bramborska wrote:Muscular liberalism? He took my gay stripper name!

Zeth Rekia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeth Rekia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:18 pm

If you spank me I'm going to spank you back.

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Neo Art wrote:How about we get rid of this nonsensical bullshit and just say that it's illegal for one adult to strike another adult outside of self-defense without the consent of the other, and leave it at that?

What if the Woman craves nay NEEDS discipline at the end of my fists called, "Justice and HammerZeit!"?
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Neo Art wrote:How about we get rid of this nonsensical bullshit and just say that it's illegal for one adult to strike another adult outside of self-defense without the consent of the other, and leave it at that?

Are you suggesting that pledging to love, honor, and cherish somebody should NOT magically absolve you from abiding by the laws that prohibit assaulting that person?!

You're weird.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:20 pm

Spousal abuse is not ok, no matter if it is from husband to wife or from wife to husband.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:21 pm

Aren't there still states in the US where it's legally impossible to rape your spouse (since obviously, your spouse must always put out when you want sex)?

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Dakini wrote:

Aren't there still states in the US where it's legally impossible to rape your spouse (since obviously, your spouse must always put out when you want sex)?

Fascinating. If this is true I have some honeymoon locations to think over. :lol:
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Vetalia wrote:
The Soviet Technocracy wrote:We did back in the fifties.

What kind of upstanding man would allow his employer to hit him?

black men in the south had no recourse if their white employer struck them
whatever

The Norwegian Blue
Minister

Founded: Jul 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norwegian Blue » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Bottle wrote:

Are you suggesting that pledging to love, honor, and cherish somebody should NOT magically absolve you from abiding by the laws that prohibit assaulting that person?!

You're weird.

I know, right?

Even beyond the incredibly creepy views on marriage that would make a marriage contract into a "you can now hit me without my consent" contract, I'm deeply disturbed by the legal precedent such an idea would set - that, fundamentally, the criminality of an act is not determined by what the act was or what the motive for the act was or what the circumstances surrounding the act were, but simply who the victim is. That's fucked up.
Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things. - Reichskommissariat ost
...if you poop just to poop, then it is immoral. - Bandarikin
And if abortion was illegal, there wouldn't be male doctors - Green Port
Stop making a potato punch itself in the scrote after first manifesting a fist and a scrote. - RepentNowOrPayLater
And...you aren't aroused by the premise of a snot-hocking giraffe leaping through a third story bay window after a sex toy? What are you...I mean...are you some kind of weirdo or something? - Hammurab

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Ashmoria wrote:black men in the south had no recourse if their white employer struck them

That's fucked up.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:black men in the south had no recourse if their white employer struck them

That's fucked up.

extremely.
whatever

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Dakini wrote:Aren't there still states in the US where it's legally impossible to rape your spouse (since obviously, your spouse must always put out when you want sex)?

Fascinating. If this is true I have some honeymoon locations to think over. :lol:

Here in AR, legally, a man can hit his wife, as long as it was done at the town square and no more than once a month. I'm sure this is a throwback from the 40s and I hope the law is revised because, frankly, it's sad and ridiculous at the same time.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Laws like this are just silliness... Abuse is one thing, and should be persecuted , but spanking and minor such things are nothing that the law should poke its nose into - it's normal for people who live together for extended time periods to get pissed enough at each other.
Besides, a lot of people deserves a slap quite often, especially during arguments.
Kosovo is Serbia!
Embassy Anthem Store Facts

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Great Nepal wrote:Please stick to OFFICIAL numbers. Why to go to scholars,[cut]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General