NATION

PASSWORD

Spanking Your Wife / Spousal Abuse

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do you believe?

Yes, it's okay.
25%
No, it's no okay.
75%

Total votes : 142

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:01 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:
Then that's what i'd do, both sides....
problem solved.

Also , there are a lot of things that warrant physical action yet their aren't crimes - SO cheating on you would be an example

Save it for BDSM play, Slavia... Unless you want the women in your life to commit you for being a potential serial killer.

Yeah, and potential rapist because i have instruments for it
Kosovo is Serbia!
Embassy Anthem Store Facts

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Great Nepal wrote:Please stick to OFFICIAL numbers. Why to go to scholars,[cut]

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Dakini wrote:So she was asking for it?

Is she also asking for a trip down the stairs? Is she asking for a black eye? Is a random guy you have an argument with in a bar asking for your fist in his face? How is this any different?

Hitting someone out of anger is never acceptable, even if they're part of your family.

Notice the difference - sending someone down the stairs is dangerous to their life and health, and a black eye is generally overdoing it too.
A slap isn't

So is it ok for you to slap a stranger at a bar? Maybe you were having an argument with him and he insulted your mother.

Also, depending how hard you slap someone, you could injure them. Especially if you're wearing a ring on your hand.
Last edited by Dakini on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:
Notice the difference - sending someone down the stairs is dangerous to their life and health, and a black eye is generally overdoing it too.
A slap isn't

Ah so beating women is ok in moderation? Wow that is a great idea. :roll:

And the cure of all our problems. After all, women are asking for it.

What a bunch of bullshit. I don't think I've ever come across someone who is actively trying to justify spousal abuse like CS is doing it.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Central Slavia wrote:Yeah, and potential rapist because i have instruments for it

... Women can rape too, but sure. :eyebrow:
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Dakini wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:
A slap isn't

So is it ok for you to slap a stranger at a bar? Maybe you were having an argument with him and he insulted your mother.

It would not be completely OK but definitely not assault category thing.
Much more like a misdemeanor, since causing a fight in public is not exactly pro-social.
Kosovo is Serbia!

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Dakini wrote:So is it ok for you to slap a stranger at a bar? Maybe you were having an argument with him and he insulted your mother.

It would not be completely OK but definitely not assault category thing.
Much more like a misdemeanor, since causing a fight in public is not exactly pro-social.

But hitting your spouse is pro-social?

How about this: if you can't live with someone without hitting them, maybe you should live by yourself.
Last edited by Dakini on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Panzerjaeger wrote:Ah so beating women is ok in moderation? Wow that is a great idea. :roll:

What a bunch of bullshit. I don't think I've ever come across someone who is actively trying to justify spousal abuse like CS is doing it.

Spousal abuse is something completely different - that's when such stuff happens daily and the person is actually injured
Kosovo is Serbia!

Glorious Homeland wrote:

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Dakini wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:It would not be completely OK but definitely not assault category thing.

How about this: if you can't live with someone without hitting them, maybe you should live by yourself.

Yeah he is teaching the bitch manners!
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Spousal abuse is something completely different - that's when such stuff happens daily and the person is actually injured

Abuse doesn't have to be physical.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Central Slavia wrote:It would not be completely OK but definitely not assault category thing.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the law.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

So it isn't abuse unless it happens everyday? Brotip: Most domestics that eventually lead to Death didn't happen everyday either.

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

Cosmopoles
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopoles » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Central Slavia wrote:Then that's what i'd do, both sides....
problem solved.

Unless the guy is 6 foot 4 and built like a brick shithouse. Or there are ten of them.

Also , there are a lot of things that warrant physical action yet their aren't crimes - SO cheating on you would be an example

How does physical violence resolve that?

And seeing as you missed it - So? Having a piece of paper which says you are married changes the circumstances of the spanking? What if I forcibly spank my girlfriend of five years? Is that acceptable? Would it be not acceptable today, but after marrying her on Friday it would suddenly become acceptable on Saturday? What about very old friends? Can I spank my old college buddies? I'm closer to them than I am to some relatives. What if I marry a girl a day after meeting her? Can I spank her right away? I find it very unfair that I can spank someone I just met simply because we are married but there are people I have known for years that I can't spank because I'm not married to them.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Abuse doesn't need to happen every day nor it has to be physical for it to be so. I don't think you know the difference.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Dakini wrote:So is it ok for you to slap a stranger at a bar? Maybe you were having an argument with him and he insulted your mother.

Also, depending how hard you slap someone, you could injure them. Especially if you're wearing a ring on your hand.

Generally, I've noticed slapping someone at the bar leads to you getting your ass handed to you...
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:
Why is it stupid? It is often so.

It is stupid because you are intent on justifying violence towards another. No matter how heated an argument gets, hitting your spouse is not ok and trying to say 'but he/she was asking for it' is one of the most stupid arguments I've ever seen pro-spousal abuse.

aye

if someone is actually involved with a woman who "asks for it" its best to walk away and find a sane women to have a relationship with.
whatever

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Dakini wrote:

How about this: if you can't live with someone without hitting them, maybe you should live by yourself

In fact, that's what i am doing and probably will do indefinitely.

But yes, it's better for everyone if the police resolves *actual crimes* instead of this.
To a person with a sense of proportion it is obvious the difference between behaviour that sometimes happens, and actual spousal abuse
Kosovo is Serbia!

Glorious Homeland wrote:

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Vetalia wrote:

Generally, I've noticed slapping someone at the bar leads to you getting your ass handed to you...

Depends. Maybe you decided to slap someone smaller and weaker than you.

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Vetalia wrote:

Unless it is a Drag Queen bar then you could lose your weave. :o
Last edited by Panzerjaeger on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
It is stupid because you are intent on justifying violence towards another. No matter how heated an argument gets, hitting your spouse is not ok and trying to say 'but he/she was asking for it' is one of the most stupid arguments I've ever seen pro-spousal abuse.

aye

if someone is actually involved with a woman who "asks for it" its best to walk away and find a sane women to have a relationship with.

Actually... I'm all for hitting women... When they openly ask for it and they enjoy it, not when they "suggest it" or somehow insult my manhood or something.

I'm a BDSM practitioner, and there's nothing wrong with that... Srsly. :meh:

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Dakini wrote:But hitting your spouse is pro-social?

How about this: if you can't live with someone without hitting them, maybe you should live by yourself

But yes, it's better for everyone if the police resolves *actual crimes* instead of this.
To a person with a sense of proportion it is obvious the difference between behaviour that sometimes happens, and actual spousal abuse

Hitting someone (without their consent) is a crime, even if you live with them, even if you have sex with them, even if you have kids with them. Hitting a spouse (or a child, or a stranger or anyone) in anger isn't something that should be "behaviour that sometimes happens".
Last edited by Dakini on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Dakini wrote:But hitting your spouse is pro-social?

Domestic Abuse isn't an actual crime? Wow.

Arborlawn
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Arborlawn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Cosmopoles wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:But then, what i'd do to him isn't a crime either....
1) you are putting in an asymmetry - saying that the law should care about what i do to him , but not what he does to me.

According to you, the crimes are asymmetrical. You stated that spankings are not a matter for the police - hence, self defence cannot be used as a justification for reacting with violence to a spanking, unless you attempt to spank him back.

2) i wasn't talking about interactions between strangers but insides of families.

So? Having a piece of paper which says you are married changes the circumstances of the spanking? What if I forcibly spank my girlfriend of five years? Is that acceptable? Would it be not acceptable today, but after marrying her on Friday it would suddenly become acceptable on Saturday? What about very old friends? Can I spank my old college buddies? I'm closer to them than I am to some relatives. What if I marry a girl a day after meeting her? Can I spank her right away? I find it very unfair that I can spank someone I just met simply because we are married but there are people I have known for years that I can't spank because I'm not married to them.

Then become a porn star and you can spank everybody!!
An eye for an eye and the whole world's blind. That's why you take both eyes and run.

Economically: Left / Right: -10
Socially Libertarian / Authoritarian: -7

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:In fact, that's what i am doing and probably will do indefinitely.

Domestic Abuse isn't an actual crime? Wow.

Hence why I said he has a fundamental misunderstanding of the law. :shock:

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Cosmopoles wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:Then that's what i'd do, both sides....
problem solved.

Unless the guy is 6 foot 4 and built like a brick shithouse. Or there are ten of them.

Then i'd be screwed badly no matter if there is a law or not covering it.

How does physical violence resolve that?

As an immediate way to punish the involved?

And seeing as you missed it - So? Having a piece of paper which says you are married changes the circumstances of the spanking? What if I forcibly spank my girlfriend of five years? Is that acceptable? Would it be not acceptable today, but after marrying her on Friday it would suddenly become acceptable on Saturday? What about very old friends? Can I spank my old college buddies? I'm closer to them than I am to some relatives. What if I marry a girl a day after meeting her? Can I spank her right away? I find it very unfair that I can spank someone I just met simply because we are married but there are people I have known for years that I can't spank because I'm not married to them.

If the courts have no better work than to resolve who spanked who, and who said who was spanked, and proving the various claims, then the society you live in must be really low on crime. *sarcasm*
Kosovo is Serbia!

Glorious Homeland wrote:

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:12 pm

Dakini wrote:Depends. Maybe you decided to slap someone smaller and weaker than you.

A corollary of that is they often have much bigger friends to back them up. I'm a case in point; I'm not particularly strong (average at best), but I have friends that are much bigger and more than willing to fight on my side.

I'm also a regular, so people who try to start shit with me will be kicked out.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General