NATION

PASSWORD

Peace between Israel and Palestine?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Secruss
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Peace between Israel and Palestine?

Postby Secruss » Mon May 18, 2009 7:11 am

"How now!" cried Jupiter "Are you not yet content? You have what you asked for and so you have only yourselves to blame for your misfortunes."

Oyen
Secretary

Founded: May 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Oyen » Mon May 18, 2009 7:24 am

This is truely funny Grey no point getting angry they lost this, they dont got anything to back it up, we do, lol but i am surprise there are more cyber retards than i thought. (no offence, and you know who you are i dont need to point you out)

We know Israel is the rightful owner of the "holy land". (again check the first conversation that i had previuosly with the gal, any questions feel free to ask, ill show you my maps :D). As for Palestinians i hope one day they do get their state but not under a group terrorists group like Hamas.

Ventei
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ventei » Mon May 18, 2009 10:33 am

Grays Harbor wrote: i have better things to do than continue to point out reality to a blithering idiot racist such as yourself. I point out facts, you spew racist propoganda.

Your ignorance is truly frightening!
The racists here is israel and zionists; creating a 'state' based on the exclusive benefit of one ethnic group, whilst prejudicing against all others especially Arabs [the natives] both muslim and christian. The Arab inhabitants of israel are treated worst than second class citizens, worst that people of colour in america during segregation. Thats called an APARTHEID REGIME!

The only "blithering idiot racist" is you, for defending zionism. You sad sick person.

PS. "facts" ... what facts ? I haven't heard one fact nor credible claim from you yet! Just unsubstantiated opinions coming from you. I cite scholars [such as Dr. Sultana Afroz ], UN resolutions and documentaries; what have you cited?

Dr Horrible Land
Lobbyist

Founded: May 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr Horrible Land » Mon May 18, 2009 10:48 am

Arabs are originally from the arabian peninsula. they are not the "natives" of the region in dispute. Get your facts straight.

Behaved
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Behaved » Mon May 18, 2009 10:52 am

Blackledge wrote:
Behaved wrote:Only in the last seven years of the world as we know it will that happen. It's what I believe and if you don't, well I got proof for what I believe. What's your proof?

:?:

What are you talking about?

Read the Left Behind books or Revelation.I believe that stuff. If it scares you, well do something about that. Ask me what that is and I will send you a message.
meow meow

Acrostica
Civilian

Founded: Jul 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Acrostica » Mon May 18, 2009 11:01 am

Sheila Anteres wrote:Yes, the kingdom of Israel was established in the past, did you bother to find out how? The jews created it when they took by force the land of Canaan, when they fled from Egypt [Moses journey across the Red Sea]. They did not find an empty land, they seized it by force from the Philistines; the natives & the ancestors / forerunners of the Palestinians [remember David vs Goliath]. So even from then they were STEALING other peoples land.

Yeah, they fought and they won. That's how it worked back then. And Arabs have done the same thing. At one point Muslim rule stretched all the way to Spain. How do you think they got the land? They took it by force. Later, Europeans took it back. If you're going to criticize the ancient Israelites for such a thing, then you're going to have to criticize almost every other nation as well.

Behaved
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Behaved » Mon May 18, 2009 11:06 am

Ventei wrote:israel is a conscript nation, every citizen once they reach between the ages of 16-18 is required by israeli law to enter military service! They are soldiers of oppression & occupation! NO such thing as an "israeli civilian" nor innocent israeli.

Ferrous Oxide wrote:So is Switzerland. Does that give up free reign to bomb them into oblivion?

Switerland is not imperialist. In fact, someone said on another forum they don't do much of anything. Israel is "an imperialist minnow", I saw someplace, so they are two different types. So, it's not a fair comparison. You got that, people?
meow meow

Orwelliad
Attaché

Founded: Aug 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orwelliad » Mon May 18, 2009 11:07 am

Bah, i didn´t even read the other posts, Isreal and the Arabs are not going to get along, at least not in our lifetime, its almost as Britain and France, they spent centuries at each other´s neck.

Discussing who´s fault it is, im afraid is pointless, in fact im in the opinion that the biggest share of the fault is British, for playing empire with the people of the planet (yes, you do deserve the crisis to get off your high horse Brittania), now the problem is, is it Israel´s fault, yes, is it the Arabs fault, also yes, the conflit is already so deep than to assert where the fault resides is an impossible task, the Jews deserved a country after all the crap they went trough in the hands of the Europeans, not just Hitler and his merry band of stinky Nazis, but also the inquisitions, and the hatred that was pretty much common place in europe, so yes, they deserved a country. Do the Arabs deserve the land where they used to live? yes! i would also be pissed if someone came and took my home.
As for things that go centuries and even milleniums back, its pointless to try to use ancient history to claim political objectives in the present.

In fact all sides were completly wrong, Jews and Arabs actually did´nt get along badly before, if Britain had conducted everything right there could be a multinational state there today, that even with internal problems, it would not come to the bloodshed that have been the last 50 years, but no, the arabs couldnt accept the jews, and the jews had to expel the Arabs, and all hell broke loose, its a very "who came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon May 18, 2009 11:36 am

Behaved wrote:
Ventei wrote:israel is a conscript nation, every citizen once they reach between the ages of 16-18 is required by israeli law to enter military service! They are soldiers of oppression & occupation! NO such thing as an "israeli civilian" nor innocent israeli.

Ferrous Oxide wrote:So is Switzerland. Does that give up free reign to bomb them into oblivion?

Switerland is not imperialist. In fact, someone said on another forum they don't do much of anything. [Israel is "an imperialist minnow", I saw someplace,b] [/b]so they are two different types. So, it's not a fair comparison. You got that, people?

wow, nice reference there. "I saw someplace". <insert eyeroll here>

The fact is, is that Israel has a right to defend themselves from external attacks, the same as everybody else. If palestine is granted statehood, then it must be with the understanding that they will cease all attacks on Israel. Once that happens, then Israel has no reason to retaliate, right? How is that so difficult to understand.

Now, this may be a bit long, but here are some relevent portions of the Hamas Charter, first put out in 1988. This is what they believe. I am not going to comment on it. I believe that it says enough on its own.

The Charter of Allah: The Platform of the Islamic Resistance Movement

“In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate You are the best community that has been raised up for mankind. Ye enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency; and ye believe in Allah. And if the People of the Scripture had believed, it had been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-doers. They will not harm you save a trifling hurt, and if they fight against you they will turn and flee. And afterward they will not be helped. Ignominy shall be their portion wheresoever they are found save [where they grasp] a rope from Allah and a rope from man. They have incurred anger from their Lord, and wretchedness is laid upon them. That is because they used to disbelieve the revelations of Allah, and slew the Prophets wrongfully. That is because they were rebellious and used to transgress.” Surat Al-Imran (III), verses 109-111 Israel will rise and will remain erect until Islam eliminates it as it had eliminated its predecessors. The Islamic World is burning. It is incumbent upon each one of us to pour some water, little as it may be, with a view of extinguishing as much of the fire as he can, without awaiting action by the others.
Introduction
Grace to Allah, whose help we seek, whose forgiveness we beseech, whose guidance we implore and on whom we rely. We pray and bid peace upon the Messenger of Allah, his family, his companions, his followers and those who spread his message and followed his tradition; they will last as long as there exist Heaven and Earth. O, people! In the midst of misadventure, from the depth of suffering, from the believing hearts and purified arms; aware of our duty and in response to the decree of Allah, we direct our call, we rally together and join each other. We educate in the path of Allah and we make our firm determination prevail so as to take its proper role in life, to overcome all difficulties and to cross all hurdles. Hence our permanent state of preparedness and our readiness to sacrifice our souls and dearest [possessions] in the path of Allah. Thus, our nucleus has formed which chartered its way in the tempestuous ocean of creeds and hopes, desires and wishes, dangers and difficulties, setbacks and challenges, both internal and external. When the thought matured, the seed grew and the plant took root in the land of reality, detached from temporary emotion and unwelcome haste, the Islamic Resistance Movement erupted in order to play its role in the path of its Lord. In so doing, it joined its hands with those of all Jihad fighters for the purpose of liberating Palestine. The souls of its Jihad fighters will encounter those of all Jihad fighters who have sacrificed their lives in the land of Palestine since it was conquered by the Companion of the Prophet, be Allah’s prayer and peace upon him, and until this very day. This is the Charter of the Islamic Resistance (Hamas) which will reveal its face, unveil its identity, state its position, clarify its purpose, discuss its hopes, call for support to its cause and reinforcement, and for joining its ranks. For our struggle against the Jews is extremely wide-ranging and grave, so much so that it will need all the loyal efforts we can wield, to be followed by further steps and reinforced by successive battalions from the multifarious Arab and Islamic world, until the enemies are defeated and Allah’s victory prevails. Thus we shall perceive them approaching in the horizon, and this will be known before long: “Allah has decreed: Lo! I very shall conquer, I and my messenger, lo! Allah is strong, almighty.”

Part III - Strategies and Methods
Article Eleven: The Strategy of Hamas: Palestine is an Islamic Waqf The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine has been an Islamic Waqf throughout the generations and until the Day of Resurrection, no one can renounce it or part of it, or abandon it or part of it. No Arab country nor the aggregate of all Arab countries, and no Arab King or President nor all of them in the aggregate, have that right, nor has that right any organization or the aggregate of all organizations, be they Palestinian or Arab, because Palestine is an Islamic Waqf throughout all generations and to the Day of Resurrection. Who can presume to speak for all Islamic Generations to the Day of Resurrection? This is the status [of the land] in Islamic Shari’a, and it is similar to all lands conquered by Islam by force, and made thereby Waqf lands upon their conquest, for all generations of Muslims until the Day of Resurrection. This [norm] has prevailed since the commanders of the Muslim armies completed the conquest of Syria and Iraq, and they asked the Caliph of Muslims, ‘Umar Ibn al-Khattab, for his view of the conquered land, whether it should be partitioned between the troops or left in the possession of its population, or otherwise. Following discussions and consultations between the Caliph of Islam, ‘Umar Ibn al-Khattab, and the Companions of the Messenger of Allah, be peace and prayer upon him, they decided that the land should remain in the hands of its owners to benefit from it and from its wealth; but the control of the land and the land itself ought to be endowed as a Waqf [in perpetuity] for all generations of Muslims until the Day of Resurrection. The ownership of the land by its owners is only one of usufruct, and this Waqf will endure as long as Heaven and earth last. Any demarche in violation of this law of Islam, with regard to Palestine, is baseless and reflects on its perpetrators.
Article Twelve: Hamas in Palestine, Its Views on Homeland and Nationalism: Hamas regards Nationalism (Wataniyya) as part and parcel of the religious faith. Nothing is loftier or deeper in Nationalism than waging Jihad against the enemy and confronting him when he sets foot on the land of the Muslims. And this becomes an individual duty binding on every Muslim man and woman; a woman must go out and fight the enemy even without her husband’s authorization, and a slave without his masters’ permission. This [principle] does not exist under any other regime, and it is a truth not to be questioned. While other nationalisms consist of material, human and territorial considerations, the nationality of Hamas also carries, in addition to all those, the all important divine factors which lend to it its spirit and life; so much so that it connects with the origin of the spirit and the source of life and raises in the skies of the Homeland the Banner of the Lord, thus inexorably connecting earth with Heaven. When Moses came and threw his baton, sorcery and sorcerers became futile.
Article Thirteen: Peaceful Solutions, [Peace] Initiatives and International Conferences: [Peace] initiatives, the so-called peaceful solutions, and the international conferences to resolve the Palestinian problem, are all contrary to the beliefs of the Islamic Resistance Movement. For renouncing any part of Palestine means renouncing part of the religion; the nationalism of the Islamic Resistance Movement is part of its faith, the movement educates its members to adhere to its principles and to raise the banner of Allah over their homeland as they fight their Jihad: “Allah is the all-powerful, but most people are not aware.” From time to time a clamoring is voiced, to hold an International Conference in search for a solution to the problem. Some accept the idea, others reject it, for one reason or another, demanding the implementation of this or that condition, as a prerequisite for agreeing to convene the Conference or for participating in it. But the Islamic Resistance Movement, which is aware of the [prospective] parties to this conference, and of their past and present positions towards the problems of the Muslims, does not believe that those conferences are capable of responding to demands, or of restoring rights or doing justice to the oppressed. Those conferences are no more than a means to appoint the nonbelievers as arbitrators in the lands of Islam. Since when did the Unbelievers do justice to the Believers? “And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah [himself] is the Guidance. And if you should follow their desires after the knowledge which has come unto thee, then you would have from Allah no protecting friend nor helper.” Sura 2 (the Cow), verse 120 There is no solution to the Palestinian problem except by Jihad. The initiatives, proposals and International Conferences are but a waste of time, an exercise in futility. The Palestinian people are too noble to have their future, their right and their destiny submitted to a vain game. As the hadith has it: “The people of Syria are Allah’s whip on this land; He takes revenge by their intermediary from whoever he wished among his worshipers. The Hypocrites among them are forbidden from vanquishing the true believers, and they will die in anxiety and sorrow.” (Told by Tabarani, who is traceable in ascending order of traditionaries to Muhammad, and by Ahmed whose chain of transmission is incomplete. But it is bound to be a true hadith, for both story tellers are reliable. Allah knows best.)
Article Fifteen: The Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine is an Individual Obligation. When our enemies usurp some Islamic lands, Jihad becomes a duty binding on all Muslims. In order to face the usurpation of Palestine by the Jews, we have no escape from raising the banner of Jihad. This would require the propagation of Islamic consciousness among the masses on all local, Arab and Islamic levels. We must spread the spirit of Jihad among the [Islamic] Umma, clash with the enemies and join the ranks of the Jihad fighters. The ‘ulama as well as educators and teachers, publicity and media men as well as the masses of the educated, and especially the youth and the elders of the Islamic Movements, must participate in this raising of consciousness. There is no escape from introducing fundamental changes in educational curricula in order to cleanse them from all vestiges of the ideological invasion which has been brought about by orientalists and missionaries. That invasion had begun overtaking this area following the defeat of the Crusader armies by Salah a-Din el Ayyubi. The Crusaders had understood that they had no way to vanquish the Muslims unless they prepared the grounds for that with an ideological invasion which would confuse the thinking of Muslims, revile their heritage, discredit their ideals, to be followed by a military invasion. That was to be in preparation for the Imperialist invasion, as in fact [General] Allenby acknowledged it upon his entry to Jerusalem: “Now, the Crusades are over.” General Gouraud stood on the tomb of Salah a-Din and declared: “We have returned, O Salah-a-Din!” Imperialism has been instrumental in boosting the ideological invasion and deepening its roots, and it is still pursuing this goal. All this had paved the way to the loss of Palestine. We must imprint on the minds of generations of Muslims that the Palestinian problem is a religious one, to be dealt with on this premise. It includes Islamic holy sites such as the Aqsa Mosque, which is inexorably linked to the Holy Mosque as long as the Heaven and earth will exist, to the journey of the Messenger of Allah, be Allah’s peace and blessing upon him, to it, and to his ascension from it. “Dwelling one day in the Path of Allah is better than the entire world and everything that exists in it. The place of the whip of one among you in Paradise is better than the entire world and everything that exists in it. [God’s] worshiper’s going and coming in the Path of Allah is better than the entire world and everything that exists in it.” (Told by Bukhari, Muslim Tirmidhi and Ibn Maja) I swear by that who holds in His Hands the Soul of Muhammad! I indeed wish to go to war for the sake of Allah! I will assault and kill, assault and kill, assault and kill (told by Bukhari and Muslim).

for those who want to read the entire charter, it is here: http://middleeast.about.com/od/palestinepalestinians/a/me080106b.htm
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blackledge » Mon May 18, 2009 11:43 am

Behaved wrote:
Blackledge wrote:
Behaved wrote:Only in the last seven years of the world as we know it will that happen. It's what I believe and if you don't, well I got proof for what I believe. What's your proof?

:?:
What are you talking about?

Read the Left Behind books or Revelation.I believe that stuff. If it scares you, well do something about that. Ask me what that is and I will send you a message.

Oh, that stuff. What's your proof?
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Greater Somalia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Greater Somalia » Mon May 18, 2009 11:49 am

Parthenon wrote:Another accommodating Israeli Prime Minister... He won't last long.
You give the Palestinians an inch, they want a mile; It has happened dozens of time. The only thing granting the Palestinians a state would do is provide them with more ground to stage rocket attacks from. There will be no peace in the region until Muslim extremism is extinguished.

Let me take your lands and then let's see how you accept my terms. On top of that, I claim you as a terrorist and an extremist to connive the world into supporting my wrong deeds. Israelis are the terrorists in the Middle East, if they wanted a piece of land then they should gotten it from the people who wronged them and we all know who they are.

Dvardis
Envoy

Founded: Jul 16, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dvardis » Mon May 18, 2009 11:51 am

If they can pass this, I'd imagine it would at least be a step in the right direction.

One of the main complaints allowing extremist groups like Hamas to thrive is that their land is being unfairly occupied. If Israel creates a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza, allows it to become self-governing, stops building settlements in those areas, et cetera, the majority of the Palestinian groups would be pacified, and any continued terror attacks on Israel or complaints to the international community would carry a lot less weight.

The interesting thing is that these complaints would carry a lot less weight even if there were still legitimate grievances (i.e. if the land was given to the Palestinians after all or most existing infrastructure had been destroyed and they had to rebuild from scratch, or if the land was immediately taken over by religious extremists and turned into an Iran-style dictatorship and the more moderate or pro-democracy Palestinians had to flee to, well, Israel), just because of the popular perception of the regional conflict overseas.

Also, I don't give a fuck about who came first or who did what to whom when. It is in no way relevant to the issue at hand.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 am

Grays Harbor wrote:and i have better things to do than continue to point out reality to a blithering idiot racist such as yourself. I point out facts, you spew racist propoganda.

Warned for flaming. Knock it off./

Oyen wrote:This is truely funny Grey no point getting angry they lost this, they dont got anything to back it up, we do, lol but i am surprise there are more cyber retards than i thought. (no offence, and you know who you are i dont need to point you out)

We know Israel is the rightful owner of the "holy land". (again check the first conversation that i had previuosly with the gal, any questions feel free to ask, ill show you my maps :D). As for Palestinians i hope one day they do get their state but not under a group terrorists group like Hamas.

An indirect flame is still one. Warned.

Ventei wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote: i have better things to do than continue to point out reality to a blithering idiot racist such as yourself. I point out facts, you spew racist propoganda.

Your ignorance is truly frightening!
The racists here is israel and zionists; creating a 'state' based on the exclusive benefit of one ethnic group, whilst prejudicing against all others especially Arabs [the natives] both muslim and christian. The Arab inhabitants of israel are treated worst than second class citizens, worst that people of colour in america during segregation. Thats called an APARTHEID REGIME!

The only "blithering idiot racist" is you, for defending zionism. You sad sick person.

PS. "facts" ... what facts ? I haven't heard one fact nor credible claim from you yet! Just unsubstantiated opinions coming from you. I cite scholars [such as Dr. Sultana Afroz ], UN resolutions and documentaries; what have you cited?

That was an unnecessary remark. Warned.

To the rest of you, let's keep this civil; we don't want to have this thread shut down because people have failed to play nice.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Ventei
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ventei » Mon May 18, 2009 11:56 am

Dr Horrible Land wrote:Arabs are originally from the arabian peninsula. they are not the "natives" of the region in dispute. Get your facts straight.

My facts are straight, it is your logic that is flawed. Let me demonstrate how:
America is a land of immigrants, yes; and the 'Red Indians' are considered the original inhabitants of North America, that why we refer to them as "Native Americans". But those Native Americans are originally people from Mongolia who migrated from Asia to North America over the Bearing Strait during the last ice age. We consider them the natives [even though they also migrated from elsewhere] because settled and inhabited the land for a significant and continuous period; that would merit them with its ownership. It is the same basis with the Arabs - originally from the Arabian Peninsula; but they from early on expanded to inhabit and settle the surrounding areas. And look how close Palestine is to the Peninsula, all of that area is basically Arabia.

Enjoyed the history lesson ...

Orwelliad wrote:the Jews deserved a country after all the crap they went trough in the hands of the Europeans, not just Hitler and his merry band of stinky Nazis, but also the inquisitions, and the hatred that was pretty much common place in europe, so yes, they deserved a country. Do the Arabs deserve the land where they used to live? yes! i would also be pissed if someone came and took my home.

Orwelliad raises a good point, the jews went through a alot of suffering or as he puts it 'crap', but here is the key point, at who's hands did the jews experience all their suffering ? - The Europeans ! It is quite clear & undisputed! So since that is the case, why didn't the European slice off piece of their continent's territory and give it to the jews as reparation payment for the crimes they committed against them? But oh no, can't do that, they had to take the Arab's land and give them, when the Arabs didn't do anything, and weren't responsible for the holocaust nor the inquisition. Punish the Arabs for europeans' crimes; thats fair...
You see the hypocrisy.

Orwelliad wrote:In fact all sides were completly wrong, Jews and Arabs actually did´nt get along badly before.

Orwelliad is right again, there was no congenital hatred nor animosity between Arabs and Jews before 1917. All the problems started with British double dealing, deceit, duplicity and subversion in order to win the First World War with deals like the Hussein-McMahon correspondence in which Britain PROMISED the Arabs support for an independent state of Arabia if they revolted against Ottoman rule. Whilst 6 months later, the British & French secretly agreed to slice up the territories of the Ottoman Empire when it was defeated, dismembering Arabia and ensuring Arab disunity and infighting = The Sykes-Picot Agreement. And at the same time, concocting the Balfour Declaration to enlist the support of the world jewry for the Allied cause - especially to bring America into the war and keep Russia in the war, by promising "the creation of a national homeland for the jews in the land of Palestine" whilst describing the vast Arab population of Palestine as simply non-jewish. And the architect of said declaration - the British Foreign Secretary - Lord Arthur James Balfour said at the Versailles peace conference - "the great powers are committed to zionism, be it right or wrong, good or bad, ... it is a far profounder import than the rights of the 700,000 Arabs that know inhabit that ancient land."

Not Judaism the problem, Not Islam the problem ... the problem is zionism ! only zionism! And it is Britain fault, its legacy of double dealing, deceit, duplicity and subversion in order to win the First World War that has caused this horrible problem.
Last edited by Ventei on Mon May 18, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Mon May 18, 2009 11:56 am

Nvad wrote:I love how this turned from a political debate into one which emphasizes the 'true' owners of the land...

And then spiraled into a religious rampage.

Welcome to NSG, where Israel/Palestine is a topic of ridiculous debate!
End the Modigarchy now.

Dvardis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dvardis » Mon May 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Ventei wrote:Not Judaism the problem, Not Islam the problem ... the problem is zionism ! only zionism! And it is Britain fault, its legacy of double dealing, deceit, duplicity and subversion in order to win the First World War that has caused this horrible problem.

I think the problem with all these debates about Israel vs Palestine is that people try to find the root problem. Singular.

There isn't one root problem (singular), there are many root problems (plural), and most of them are either matters of ethnic/religious identity which cannot be changed, or matters relating to historical events that have already happened. There is no way to correct the problem at their roots (plural).

So we have to ignore the roots and look at what is happening right now in the present. This is very hard for people on the internet to do, since people on the internet are often overanalytical. We must also ignore our emotional responses to what is happening right now in the present. This is very hard for people on the internet to do, since people on the internet are easily swayed by emotion. We must look at the facts. These are, to wit:

Violence is occurring in a region of the Middle East known as Palestine.
This violence has many root causes (plural) and is unlikely to end just because the international community says it must.
The violence is caused by Israelis (Jews) and Arabs (Muslims) killing one another.

I, Dvardis, offer several Obvious Solutions to these facts:
Obvious Solution #1: Separate the Israelis and the Arabs, like separating two fighting children and sending them to opposite corners of the room for time out to think about what they have done.
If Obvious Solution #1 doesn't work, what would Obvious Solution #2 be? Maybe placing the whole area under international control, by a power which suppresses any acts of organized violence, like washing out the mouths of the two children with soap whenever they start arguing again.
If Obvious Solution #2 doesn't work, what's Obvious Solution #3? The equivalent of sending the children to bed without any supper, maybe? That's up for debate.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Mon May 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Ventai wrote:Orwelliad raises a good point, the jews went through a alot of suffering or as he puts it 'crap', but here is the key point, at who's hands did the jews experience all their suffering ? - The Europeans !

At one point.
It is quite clear & undisputed! So since that is the case, why didn't the European slice off piece of their continent's territory and give it to the jews as reparation payment for the crimes they committed against them?

"Hmm the Germans have supported a guy who was a big fan of Jew Killing, let's take a part of their utterly shattered country and give it to them, because that would really prevent anything going wrong ever"
But oh no, can't do that, they had to take the Arab's land and give them, when the Arabs didn't do anything, and weren't responsible for the holocaust nor the inquisition. Punish the Arabs for europeans' crimes; thats fair...

Aye, guess what, Zionists wanted Israel before the Great War, Arab territory or not.
Orwelliad is right again, there was no congenital hatred nor anamosity between Arabs and Jews before 1917.

Staggeringly bold claim.
All the problems started with British double dealing, deceit, duplicity and subversion in order to win the First World War with deals like the Hussein-McMahon correspondence in which Britain PROMISED the Arabs support for an independent state of Arabia if they revolted against Ottoman rule. Whilst 6 months later, the British & French secretly agreed to slice up the territories of the Ottoman Empire when it was defeated, dismembering Arabia and ensuring Arab disunity and infighting.

The Ottoman Empire played a game of divide and conquer with the Arabs too, you know.
And at the same time, concocting the Balfour Declaration to enlist the support of the world jewry for the Allied cause - especially to bring America into the war and keep Russia in the war, by promising "the creation of a national homeland for the jews in the land of Palestine" whilst describing the vast Arab population of Palestine as simply non-jewish.

You realise that Russia was not exactly full of love for the Jewish population at that time, aye?
And the architect of said declaration - the British Foreign Secretary - Lord Arthur James Balfour said at the Versailles peace conference - "the great powers are committed to zionism, be it right or wrong, good or bad, ... it is a far profounder import than the rights of the 700,000 Arabs that know inhabit that ancient land."

Balfour was a dickhead, aye.
Not Judaism the problem, Not Islam the problem ... the problem is zionism ! only zionism! And it is Britain fault, its legacy of double dealing, deceit, duplicity and subversion in order to win the First World War that has caused this horrible problem.
[/quote]
Zionism is not uniquely British. Adolphe Crémieux was a fan of Zionism, and that was fifty years previous to the Great War. Alliance Israélite Universelle and all that.
Last edited by Yootopia on Mon May 18, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
End the Modigarchy now.

Dvardis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dvardis » Mon May 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Yootopia wrote:Zionism is not uniquely British. Adolphe Crémieux was a fan of Zionism, and that was fifty years previous to the Great War. Alliance Israélite Universelle and all that.

The British are nevertheless to blame! Remember who ruled Palestine before it became a Jewish state, after all. Since the Jews and the Arabs never fought at all before the 1948 war, clearly the British Mandate must have caused tensions between them to rise!

In my next essay I clearly prove that Great Britain was responsible for the Second World War, coming soon to a message board near you!

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Mon May 18, 2009 12:12 pm

Dvardis wrote:The British are nevertheless to blame! Remember who ruled Palestine before it became a Jewish state, after all. Since the Jews and the Arabs never fought at all before the 1948 war, clearly the British Mandate must have caused tensions between them to rise!

In my next essay I clearly prove that Great Britain was responsible for the Second World War, coming soon to a message board near you!

Oh I see :D
End the Modigarchy now.

World Vision
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby World Vision » Mon May 18, 2009 12:37 pm

Israel has no right to exist. Jews already control the worlds economy. Palestinians deserve the right to determine their own status as a nation and because of this the entire Palestine region needs to be recognized by the UN and all correct thinking governments as the one and only legitimate government there.
MEAT IS SYMBOLIC OPPRESSION! STOP THE MURDER OF ANIMALS! GO VEGAN!

World Vision
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby World Vision » Mon May 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Dvardis wrote:
Yootopia wrote:Zionism is not uniquely British. Adolphe Crémieux was a fan of Zionism, and that was fifty years previous to the Great War. Alliance Israélite Universelle and all that.

The British are nevertheless to blame! Remember who ruled Palestine before it became a Jewish state, after all. Since the Jews and the Arabs never fought at all before the 1948 war, clearly the British Mandate must have caused tensions between them to rise!

Britain and the US are responsible for all the ills in the world. Palestine was occupied illegally by Britain in order to steal the oil there. When they discovered that there were no oil reserves, they abandoned the area to the Zionists, forsaking the legitimate rights of the Palestinian people.
MEAT IS SYMBOLIC OPPRESSION! STOP THE MURDER OF ANIMALS! GO VEGAN!

Orwelliad
Attaché

Founded: Aug 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orwelliad » Mon May 18, 2009 12:48 pm

Oh, for God, Buda, Shiva, Marx and Coca-cola sakes, could an administrator kick One Vision?! its pretty clear now that hes basicly a kid who is just tring to annoy us, please do not answer him.

Dvardis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dvardis » Mon May 18, 2009 12:55 pm

World Vision wrote:
Dvardis wrote:

Britain and the US are responsible for all the ills in the world. Palestine was occupied illegally by Britain in order to steal the oil there. When they discovered that there were no oil reserves, they abandoned the area to the Zionists, forsaking the legitimate rights of the Palestinian people.

Is this the first troll on the new forums?

If so, it's a disappointment. Andaras was a good deal more convincing, and Valentasia or whatever his name was was by far more entertaining.

(And I repeat: Bring back Jessusaves, dammit.)

Oyen
Secretary

Founded: May 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Oyen » Mon May 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Aight i know a way to shut you guys up(you know who you are), Any one want to have an open debate with me basically me defending the Israelis, and You(who ever accepts my challenge) defending the palestinians and arabs.

Ill challenge any one here to try and beat me in who is really right in the Israeli conflict.

PS: A Friendly debate, dont get angry if you lose ;) :lol:
Last edited by Oyen on Mon May 18, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Mon May 18, 2009 1:39 pm

Oyen wrote:Aight i know a way to shut you guys up(you know who you are), Any one want to have an open debate with me basically me defending the Israelis, and You(who ever accepts my challenge) defending the palestinians and arabs.

Ill challenge any one here to try and beat me in who is really right in the Israeli conflict.

PS: A Friendly debate, dont get angry if you lose ;) :lol:

Aye, this is easy.

Palestinians were there for a bit when the Israelis weren't, KISS MAH GOY ARSE.

There I won.
Last edited by Yootopia on Mon May 18, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
End the Modigarchy now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General