NATION

PASSWORD

Genderless Baby

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Re: Genderless Baby

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:37 am

Parthenon wrote:Dr. Josef Mengele would be proud of these two...

If you can think of something worth listening to, drop me a line.

This kind of stupidity gets boring really fast.
I identify as
a problem

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:41 am

Happy Shining Democracy wrote:
Parthenon wrote:
SaintB wrote:Because apparently the majority of people think its a dumb idea.

And that would be because it is.
Kids going to get his ass kicked when he gets to school.

It is stupid. And I hope so.

Whats stupid is people's knee jerk wishing violence upon the child for no reason other than they dislike the parents reaction.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

BunnySaurus Bugsii
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby BunnySaurus Bugsii » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:42 am

Parthenon wrote:
SaintB wrote:Because apparently the majority of people think its a dumb idea.

And that would be because it is.
Kids going to get his ass kicked when he gets to school.

It is stupid. And I hope so.

You hope that a small kid gets bullied at school?

That's charming.
Lucky Bicycle Works ⊂ BunnySaurus Bugsii ⊂ Nobel Hobos

More sig:
Saboteur: A well-meaning idiot, walking into the future barefoot.

The moongoose step: a combination of can-can, goose-step, and moon-step. I haven't perfected it yet.

I can however do John Cleese's Silly Walk, with elements of falling on my arse.

When we hear our future selves, we are humbled. We are willing servants.

The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scandinvans » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:45 am

It is quite apparent, that since gender identity is a proven psychology concept this 'experiment' is flawed and performed by delusional.

Thus this earns the fucked up experiment of the week award. :bow:
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

Parthenon
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:46 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:

Give it up pal, he performed experiments on children without informed consent, just like these two "parents" are doing. He would have hung at Nuremberg for the experiments if he didn't manage to flea to Argentina, the same should be done with these two. It is morally reprehensible and downright repulsive to experiment with children, especially ones that can't even speak yet.
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

The P
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 03, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The P » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 am

I'm overwhelmed with fascination upon hearing these news. I do hope we'll hear further reports about this child as they grow up, so that we can learn whether raising a child without any (IMO) unnecessary social concepts such as gender is simple or complicated a task.

Happy Shining Democracy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Happy Shining Democracy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:49 am

Parthenon wrote:Give it up pal, he performed experiments on children without informed consent, just like these two "parents" are doing. He would have hung at Nuremberg for the experiments if he didn't manage to flea to Argentina, the same should be done with these two. It is morally reprehensible and downright repulsive to experiment with children, especially ones that can't even speak yet.

Yep. This is just pure bullshit what they are doing.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:49 am

Parthenon wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

Give it up pal, he performed experiments on children without informed consent, just like these two "parents" are doing. He would have hung at Nuremberg for the experiments if he didn't manage to flea to Argentina, the same should be done with these two. It is morally reprehensible and downright repulsive to experiment with children, especially ones that can't even speak yet.

These two parents are letting their child pick it's own outfits, giving it choices, and not enforcing the toys or rituals of one gender onto it.

To even try to compare it to Mengele is to stretch reality beyond sublime and into ridiculous.

I have to assume you've no children of your own.
I identify as
a problem

Happy Shining Democracy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Happy Shining Democracy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:50 am

The Scandinvans wrote:It is quite apparent, that since gender identity is a proven psychology concept this 'experiment' is flawed and performed by delusional.

This. :clap:

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:50 am

The P wrote:I'm overwhelmed with fascination upon hearing these news. I do hope we'll hear further reports about this child as they grow up, so that we can learn whether raising a child without any (IMO) unnecessary social concepts such as gender is simple or complicated a task.

I'd imagine this question will be largely resolved at the pre-school or early school transition, when the child will pick the gender roles it wants to conform to, if it hasn't already.
I identify as
a problem

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:51 am

The Scandinvans wrote:It is quite apparent, that since gender identity is a proven psychology concept this 'experiment' is flawed and performed by delusional.

I'm waiting for the sources for your claims.
I identify as
a problem

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:51 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:I'd imagine this question will be largely resolved at the pre-school or early school transition, when the child will pick the gender roles it wants to conform to, if it hasn't already.

Aye. Unless these people plan on homeschooling the child.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

BunnySaurus Bugsii
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby BunnySaurus Bugsii » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:52 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:

Yeah it does. The exact same accusation could be extended to teaching kids ANYTHING the parent wasn't taught themselves as a child. It's a recipe for a completely static society.

We shouldn't let kids have mobile phones. Or computers. Nobody knows how it will affect their developement so ... it's all a dangerous experiment!

More sig:

The moongoose step: a combination of can-can, goose-step, and moon-step. I haven't perfected it yet.

Happy Shining Democracy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Happy Shining Democracy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:53 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:
These two parents are letting their child pick it's own outfits, giving it choices, and not enforcing the toys or rituals of one gender onto it.

To even try to compare it to Mengele is to stretch reality beyond sublime and into ridiculous.

No, they're not giving the child a choice, they are at their own will dressing the child in whatever they feel like whether they be womens clothes or mens to prove a fucking point.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:53 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:I'd imagine this question will be largely resolved at the pre-school or early school transition, when the child will pick the gender roles it wants to conform to, if it hasn't already.

Aye. Unless these people plan on homeschooling the child.

Even if they homeschool, a 4-5 year old child is making decisions about identity, and it is likely that - if it hasn't happened already - this is the stage when most of the identity will become comcrete.
I identify as
a problem

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:54 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:

No, they're not giving the child a choice, they are at their own will dressing the child in whatever they feel like whether they be womens clothes or mens to prove a fucking point.

Didn't even read that short little article, huh?
I identify as
a problem

BunnySaurus Bugsii
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby BunnySaurus Bugsii » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:54 am

Scandinvans can speak for themselves, but don't you dare applaud any of my posts. I will be very rude to you if you do, because the support of someone who thinks small children deserve to be bullied in school isn't worth a pinch of shit.

More sig:

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:55 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:Even if they homeschool, a 4-5 year old child is making decisions about identity, and it is likely that - if it hasn't happened already - this is the stage when most of the identity will become comcrete.

True, just saying that the child might not be going to preschool.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:56 am

BunnySaurus Bugsii wrote:

Scandinvans can speak for themselves, but don't you dare applaud any of my posts. I will be very rude to you if you do, because the support of someone who thinks small children deserve to be bullied in school isn't worth a pinch of shit.

In the defence of Happy Shining Democracy, I have to tell you you're wrong.

You say his/her support isn't worth a pinch of shit, and I'm here to tell you it is.
I identify as
a problem

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:57 am

Parthenon wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

Right... so because they are giving their child choices and treating them as a person rather than a gender is that damaging to someone's psych? I think perhaps you should get your own psych examined.
Last edited by SaintB on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:58 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:Even if they homeschool, a 4-5 year old child is making decisions about identity, and it is likely that - if it hasn't happened already - this is the stage when most of the identity will become comcrete.

True, just saying that the child might not be going to preschool.

True this - I find myself wondering about other elements not covered, though... does this child have no playmates? No relations of near age?

It seems unlikely that the situation is quite so... clinical.. as suggested.
I identify as
a problem

Parthenon
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:59 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Parthenon wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:If you can think of something worth listening to, drop me a line.

No, I don't have any children. However, if I did I wouldn't subject them to experiments just for my own damn amusement. The fact that you are willing to defend experimenting on a child's psychological development is just downright despicable and you should be ashamed of yourself. If this nonsensical experiment is still going on when I finish my J.D. in two years I will be sure to remember to file suit against these parents in the International Court of Justice for a human rights violation.
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

The Naacal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Naacal » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:59 am

The whole social aspect of gender identity is interesting from a scientific perspective, but gender identity also becomes physiological and biochemical later on. If the child's "chosen" gender role is different from his/her physiological gender, they could be in for some serious problems.

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:00 am

SaintB wrote:
snip

Good, this should help reinforce that there is a gender difference, independant from stereotypes.

But, that we find similar differences in nature should show us that likely, humans also have distinct gender differences.

No, I'm not saying that the "preset molds" are the categories everyone needs to fall in, but there are general traits for each gender.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Dominic Safabian
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominic Safabian » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:00 am

You're going to take a guy who has a pedobear avatar seriously about gender roles and children?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General