NATION

PASSWORD

Genital Mutilation [Western Hypocrisy?]

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Define your opinion on the matter below, via vote.

Male Genital Mutilation is more important compared to Female Genital Mutilation.
7%
Male Genital Mutilation is just as pressing of an issue as Female Genital Mutilation.
46%
Male Genital Mutilation is not as important of an issue as Female Genital Mutilation.
23%
Male Genital Mutilation is not important compared to Female Genital Mutilation.
10%
Male Genital Mutilation doesn't exist, and I should be able to cut anything I want off my sons because of my religion.
6%
Male Genital Mutilation doesn't exist, and I should be able to cut anything I want off my sons because it makes their genitals healthier.
7%

Total votes : 181

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:16 pm

Ipland wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I LOVE the Holy Qur'an.

What? No one was asking if you did. He said that you aren't even addressing his points, only the "mistranslation".

I never typed that it was mistranslated. And I did.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Vlamistaatti
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlamistaatti » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:20 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Brusia wrote:So let me get this straight, you're saying the fact that "MC could avert 2.0 (1.1−3.8 ) million new HIV infections and 0.3 (0.1−0.5) million deaths over the next ten years in sub-Saharan Africa. In the ten years after that, it could avert a further 3.7 (1.9−7.5) million new HIV infections and 2.7 (1.5−5.3) million deaths" is completely irrelevant because it requires the removal of a small amount of skin (skin which, again, has zero health benefits, and which may well cause reduced penile sensitivity) from the penis?

From http://www.quranicpath.com/misconceptio ... on.html#s5
"Penile Cancer is a rare form of cancer that happens mostly to older men from age 40 and above, but most cases are in men aged 60 and over. In the UK, only 500 men are diagnosed with it each year. The rarity of this form of cancer shows when this figure is compared with 35,000 men diagnosed with prostates cancer each year(5) ! Circumcision does not prevent penile cancer. In the United States, most men with penile cancer are circumcised. However, does circumcision reduce the risk of penile cancer despite it being a very low risk cancer already? Basically, by removing a part of the penis in circumcision, a part of the penis is not there to develop cancer. This is the same as saying, by removing the liver, we eliminate liver cancer! It is obvious to a thinking person that this sort of prevention where healthy parts of the body with many functions is simply cut off is not a way to prevent a disease which has not even occurred, and moreover which has an extremely small chance of happening. Is it justified to surgically remove multi-functional foreskin of the male, and cause all the disadvantages we have identified without even the person's consent (babies)?

A recent study done by Wallerstein concluded that circumcision does not help reduce the risk of penile cancer as the rates of penile cancer in Japan, Norway and Sweden (countries with low rate of circumcision) was the same as United States' (which has a higher rate of circumcision) (6). In view of all that has been said, the 'Royal Australasian College of Physicians' and the 'American Medical Association' made a statement saying that carrying out infant circumcision with the hope of preventing penile cancer is not justified(7), with the 'American Cancer Society' also holding the same view."

http://www.aidsmap.com/Male-circumcisio ... e/1428207/
http://blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk/20 ... read-aids/
http://www.aidsmap.com/Male-circumcisio ... e/1432884/

Might as well throw these in.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:21 pm

I think this type of question should be categorised as a ethical question, the question is, should we be cutting a male child without his consent? whether the practice is beneficial or not.

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:25 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:I think this type of question should be categorised as a ethical question, the question is, should we be cutting a male child without his consent? whether the practice is beneficial or not.

The answer that would be so obvious if it were anything but penis is not unless the shit is immediately en route to hit the fan.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:26 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:I think this type of question should be categorised as a ethical question, the question is, should we be cutting a male child without his consent? whether the practice is beneficial or not.

The answer that would be so obvious if it were anything but penis is not unless the shit is immediately en route to hit the fan.

Your entire sentence was incoherent, could you possibly rephrase.

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:28 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:The answer that would be so obvious if it were anything but penis is not unless the shit is immediately en route to hit the fan.

Your entire sentence was incoherent, could you possibly rephrase.

If it isn't causing a problem right here and now, leave it the hell alone. Everyone would be on board with that, except we're talking about penis, which is somehow exempt from all ethics.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:32 pm

I don't think Genital mutilation should be conducted without the consent of the reciever, thereby only being available at a later stage (during or after puberty, perhaps?). This includes FGM and MGM.
Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:44 pm

Standard info dump... incoming...

The number of births in the USA in 2014 was 3,988,076. Circumcision causes 117 neonatal deaths in the USA every year. Assuming that all newborns are male, and that all newborns are circumcised, that's 1 death for every 34086 newborns. Again, assuming all newborns are male, and assuming all newborns are circumcised, 1 in 34000 will be killed by circumcision.

Adjusting for the actual percentages of male/female births (1.05/1), and circumcised/uncircumcised newborns (.547/.453), there is approximately 1 neonatal death for every 10255 circumcisions. Nearly ten times higher than the penile cancer diagnosis rate, which is roughly 1 for every 100,000 men in the USA.

This is the report that most people use to justify their stance on circumcision and the benefits it provides regarding STI prevention. This study is in no way generalizable. Sub-Saharan Africa is not comparable to the USA, or any other developed nation: they lack the same infrastructure, education about health and cleanliness, education about STI's and STI prevention. Not only that, but the study looked specifically at HIV prevention, not STI prevention.

Circumcision is, in almost all cases, an unnecessary and potentially deadly medical procedure. It provides no benefits which cannot be replicated by a five-second application of clean water. Not to mention, it is a gross violation of bodily sovereignty.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:48 pm

Camicon wrote:Standard info dump... incoming...

The number of births in the USA in 2014 was 3,988,076. Circumcision causes 117 neonatal deaths in the USA every year. Assuming that all newborns are male, and that all newborns are circumcised, that's 1 death for every 34086 newborns. Again, assuming all newborns are male, and assuming all newborns are circumcised, 1 in 34000 will be killed by circumcision.

Adjusting for the actual percentages of male/female births (1.05/1), and circumcised/uncircumcised newborns (.547/.453), there is approximately 1 neonatal death for every 10255 circumcisions. Nearly ten times higher than the penile cancer diagnosis rate, which is roughly 1 for every 100,000 men in the USA.

This is the report that most people use to justify their stance on circumcision and the benefits it provides regarding STI prevention. This study is in no way generalizable. Sub-Saharan Africa is not comparable to the USA, or any other developed nation: they lack the same infrastructure, education about health and cleanliness, education about STI's and STI prevention. Not only that, but the study looked specifically at HIV prevention, not STI prevention.

Circumcision is, in almost all cases, an unnecessary and potentially deadly medical procedure. It provides no benefits which cannot be replicated by a five-second application of clean water. Not to mention, it is a gross violation of bodily sovereignty.

^I agree.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Kravanica
Senator

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:05 pm

I don't find removing a useless flap of dick skin to be as serious, no.
The Kravanican Realm (PMT)
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
My nation does not represent my RL views

American and Jewish
Conservatarian with various "right-wing" leanings

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:09 pm

Kravanica wrote:I don't find removing a useless flap of dick skin to be as serious, no.

It's very useful.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Kravanica wrote:I don't find removing a useless flap of dick skin to be as serious, no.

It's not useless, nor is it any less serious than certain kinds of FGM, such as Type 1a and some forms of Type IV.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:15 pm

The question of whether Male circumcision is just as bad is not in question, we've already established that Male circumcision is no where as sevre as Female circumcision, however, the question is more of a ethical one, Should we violate their bodily sovereignty?
Last edited by FelrikTheDeleted on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:23 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:

The question of whether Male circumcision is just as bad is not in question, we've already established that Male circumcision is no where as sevre as Female circumcision, however, the question is more of a ethical one, Should we violate their bodily sovereignty?

Certain types of FGM. Type 1a, removal of the clitoral hood, is equivalent to removal of the foreskin. Certain symbolic circumcisions are grouped under Type IV, with more serious procedures such as gishiri cutting.

Whether or not male circumcision is more harmful than female circumcision is, at the end of the day, a false comparison. Whether or not it is harmful as compared to another harmful, similar procedure should not be the metric by which we determine it's worth. The facts lay things out pretty clearly: for children being born into core/developed/"First World" states, circumcision does more harm than good. By that basis alone it should be a procedure only ever performed when there is an acute medical condition requiring it.
Last edited by Camicon on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:Removal of the male foreskin is not equivalent to the practice of female-genital mutiliation, which routinely involves the amputation of the clitoris, as well as the removal of the labia, and can also include the sewing shut of the vulva entirely. This is not practiced in medically safe conditions, whereas western male circumcision is usually done medically.

Both in terms of the effects on the subject as well as the risks, male circumcision is much less severe. I'm circumcised, and it causes me no discomforts no prevents me from achieving sexual release to any discernible degree. Female genital mutilation is designed prevent women from feeling pleasure from sex at all, and to make the act of intercourse uncomfortable and painful.

I think child circumcision should be banned as medically unnecessary potentially harmful. But don't pretend that the two are the same, because they're not.

Crockerland wrote:Female Genital Mutilation: Disables a woman from having sexual pleasure by removing her clitoris or entirely removes her ability to have sex/get pregnant, depending on the type.
Circumcision (Male Genital "Mutilation"): Oh boo hoo, it kills some nerve endings and gives you a .003% higher chance of getting AIDs :(

Clearly, reality has a double standard and is a Misandrist.

Good job listing Google and Wikipedia as your sources lmao.

Circumcision /=/ MGM.

Male Genital Mutilation is in many cases more severe than FGM.

The severe forms of MGM are banned in the west. (Castration, for instance.)
All forms of FGM are banned in the west.
That IS hypocrisy.

If you want to compare circumcision to the female equivalent, it would be "Other Harmful Proceedures." (Or perhaps, type 3.)

Types of FGM:
Type 1 (clitoridectomy) – removing part or all of the clitoris.
Type 2 (excision) – removing part or all of the clitoris and the inner labia (lips that surround the vagina), with or without removal of the labia majora (larger outer lips).
Type 3 (infibulation) – narrowing of the vaginal opening by creating a seal, formed by cutting and repositioning the labia.
Other harmful procedures to the female genitals, including pricking, piercing, cutting, scraping or burning the area.

What you are doing is comparing Type 1 FGM to The MGM "Other harmful."
It's like me up and deciding to say FGM is not comparable to MGM because a "Pin prick is barely anything compared to castration."

Yet the overwhelmingly most common forms of FGM are pricks to remove blood, or nicks of the skin.

You do this because it's a feminist talking point, and as usual, their spokespeople managed to fuck it up as soon as it came to mens issues and set us back on it. Or rather, they manage to have overhyped a womens issue by pretending FGM is far, far worse than it actually is, then act indignant when you compare a mens issue to it.

For comparison, a list of MGM routines:

Type I – excision or injury of part or all of the skin and specialized mucosal tissues of the penis including the prepuce and frenulum (circumcision, dorsal slit without closure).
Type II – excision or injury to the glans (glandectomy) and/or penis shaft, (penectomy) along with Type I MGM. Any procedure that interferes with reproductive or sexual function in the adult male.
Type III – excision or destruction of the testes (castration, orchidectomy) with or without Type II MGM.
Type IV – unclassified: includes pricking, piercing or incision of the prepuce, glans, scrotum or other genital tissue; cutting and suturing of the prepuce over the glans (infibulation); slitting open the urethra along the ventral surface of the penis (sub-incision); slitting open the foreskin along its dorsal surface (super-incision); severing the frenulum; stripping the skin from the shaft of the penis; introducing corrosive or scalding substances onto the genital area; any other procedure which falls under the definition of MGM given above.

In what sense are these not equivalent, and why are you pretending they aren't?
Why do so many feminists pretend they aren't?
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:Removal of the male foreskin is not equivalent to the practice of female-genital mutiliation, which routinely involves the amputation of the clitoris, as well as the removal of the labia, and can also include the sewing shut of the vulva entirely. This is not practiced in medically safe conditions, whereas western male circumcision is usually done medically.

Both in terms of the effects on the subject as well as the risks, male circumcision is much less severe. I'm circumcised, and it causes me no discomforts no prevents me from achieving sexual release to any discernible degree. Female genital mutilation is designed prevent women from feeling pleasure from sex at all, and to make the act of intercourse uncomfortable and painful.

I think child circumcision should be banned as medically unnecessary potentially harmful. But don't pretend that the two are the same, because they're not.

Crockerland wrote:Female Genital Mutilation: Disables a woman from having sexual pleasure by removing her clitoris or entirely removes her ability to have sex/get pregnant, depending on the type.
Circumcision (Male Genital "Mutilation"): Oh boo hoo, it kills some nerve endings and gives you a .003% higher chance of getting AIDs :(

Circumcision /=/ MGM.

That IS hypocrisy.

If you want to compare circumcision to the female equivalent, it would be "Other Harmful Proceedures."

Types of FGM:
Type 2 (excision) – removing part or all of the clitoris and the inner labia (lips that surround the vagina), with or without removal of the labia majora (larger outer lips).
Type 3 (infibulation) – narrowing of the vaginal opening by creating a seal, formed by cutting and repositioning the labia.
Other harmful procedures to the female genitals, including pricking, piercing, cutting, scraping or burning the area.

It's like me up and deciding to say FGM is not comparable to MGM because a "Pin prick is barely anything compared to castration."

Yet the overwhelmingly most common forms of FGM are pricks to remove blood, or nicks of the skin.

You do this because it's a feminist talking point, and as usual, their spokespeople managed to fuck it up as soon as it came to mens issues and set us back on it. Or rather, they manage to have overhyped a womens issue by pretending FGM is far, far worse than it actually is, then act indignant when you compare a mens issue to it.

...I agree it's hypocrisy to create a false equivalence and use it to delegitimize something. I used to think circumcision was the worst MGM and wanted it banned. I'm not sure where to go from this, though.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006

Postby Ostroeuropa » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:04 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

Circumcision /=/ MGM.

That IS hypocrisy.

If you want to compare circumcision to the female equivalent, it would be "Other Harmful Proceedures."

Types of FGM:

...I agree it's hypocrisy to create a false equivalence and use it to delegitimize something. I used to think circumcision was the worst MGM and wanted it banned. I'm not sure where to go from this, though.

The deceit is twofold.
First, feminist institutions pushed the idea that FGM is often type 1 or type 2 FGM, when it's overwhelmingly more common to be type 3. Second, they pretend all MGM is circumcision and perpetuate that idea whenever the topic arises.
I don't think it's as simple as hypocrisy. In many cases it's apparently these peoples jobs to study gender equality.
It's either extreme incompetence or willful deceit and sexism, either of which is sufficient to write off feminism as a viable movement for mens issues to be addressed.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:...I agree it's hypocrisy to create a false equivalence and use it to delegitimize something. I used to think circumcision was the worst MGM and wanted it banned. I'm not sure where to go from this, though.

The deceit is twofold.
First, feminist institutions pushed the idea that FGM is often type 1 or type 2 FGM, when it's overwhelmingly more common to be type 3. Second, they pretend all MGM is circumcision and perpetuate that idea whenever the topic arises.
I don't think it's as simple as hypocrisy. In many cases it's apparently these peoples jobs to study gender equality.
It's either extreme incompetence or willful deceit and sexism, either of which is sufficient to write off feminism as a viable movement for mens issues to be addressed.

That's quite the deceit. So they upped the ante and then manipulated the circumstances? That's either the result of ignorance or overt manipulation. If that's how feminists have gone about it, I don't blame alternate movements' having sprung up.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Nickel Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Nickel Empire » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:17 pm

^This.
Purple Tory with some Right-Wing Populism
"Every nation has the government it deserves." Joseph de Maistre
"First feelings are always the most natural." King Louis XIV of France
Trademark: Agent Orange Is a Protest Violent? Code: Reaganomics
"Don't tickle the Nickel." https://imgur.com/5KfGQGt

Zudril
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zudril » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:06 pm

Nickel Empire wrote:

^This.

This attitude more or less show complete ignorance of what purpose it serves.
Cynic

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:20 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:

Circumcision /=/ MGM.

That IS hypocrisy.

If you want to compare circumcision to the female equivalent, it would be "Other Harmful Proceedures." (Or perhaps, type 3.)

Types of FGM:

Type I – excision or injury of part or all of the skin and specialized mucosal tissues of the penis including the prepuce and frenulum (circumcision, dorsal slit without closure).
Type II – excision or injury to the glans (glandectomy) and/or penis shaft, (penectomy) along with Type I MGM. Any procedure that interferes with reproductive or sexual function in the adult male.
Type III – excision or destruction of the testes (castration, orchidectomy) with or without Type II MGM.
Type IV – unclassified: includes pricking, piercing or incision of the prepuce, glans, scrotum or other genital tissue; cutting and suturing of the prepuce over the glans (infibulation); slitting open the urethra along the ventral surface of the penis (sub-incision); slitting open the foreskin along its dorsal surface (super-incision); severing the frenulum; stripping the skin from the shaft of the penis; introducing corrosive or scalding substances onto the genital area; any other procedure which falls under the definition of MGM given above.

Can you name one society where male genital mutilation besides circumcision is an actual, prevalent, common practice?
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:57 am

Crockerland wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

Circumcision /=/ MGM.

That IS hypocrisy.

Types of FGM:

Can you name one society where male genital mutilation besides circumcision is an actual, prevalent, common practice?

Although called a circumcision, the cultural practices in this tribe often result in mutilated genitalia or complete amputations. I'd link the penile subincision Wikipedia entry but PG-13 says otherwise.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:01 am

I'm of the opinion that, when it comes to your children's bodies, you should generally try to avoid cutting off anything that doesn't grow back.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:59 am

Ipland wrote:I cringe when I bring this up and women say: "But it looks better".
They're kids.

I don't think everyone even agrees which way looks better. It's probably a matter of what you're used to.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Implacable Death
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Implacable Death » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:15 am

Circumcision can have medical reasons.
Okay so apparently these days it's hot and happening to show your gender.
I am MALE. WTF is cis? I am MALE. I like to belch and laugh at fart jokes.

Oh, by the way: gender and sex are the same thing. They are part of a binary system.
Transgenderism is not supported by scientific evidence.

The greatest evils of our day: islamism, liberalism, George Soros

How can you accuse me of evil? Though these deeds be unsavory, no one will argue: good shall follow from them.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General