NATION

PASSWORD

Russian State Seizes Farmland

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Realist Polities
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 07, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Realist Polities » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:00 am

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:
The Realist Polities wrote:
Right. Let me put it differently: when was the last time Georgia controlled Abkhazia and Ossetia?

Irrelevent. Russian occupation of it is unlawful. Just because Georgia is too small to successfully fight back against it doesn't make it right.

LOLOLOL

Right, when it is inconvenient or nuanced, it is "irrelevant". LOLOL
Go get an education pal.
“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” - M. Friedman
"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it" - E. Burke
-
political-realist, military traditionalist, cultural relativist, empiricist, economic liberal, particularist, free speech, sovereigntist
-
http://www.isidewith.com/results/203200879
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/177208/

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:01 am

Free Rhenish States wrote:
Irrelevent. Russian occupation of it is unlawful. Just because Georgia is too small to successfully fight back against it doesn't make it right.

How exactly did Russia "occupy" the "Georgian land" if there are no Russian flags, no Russian troops (apart from a small peacekeepers group, South Ossetia and Abkhazia are defended by their own Defense Forces), and almost no Russian speakers?

Considering this is the post-Soviet Union we're talking about, everyone, including most Georgians, are going to be speaking Russian on a daily basis. But I do agree. South Ossetia has declared independence from Georgia and has received support from Russia, Venezuela and others diplomatically. That's the only facts we have about this so far and those facts should be respected.
Last edited by Rutthenia on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRO: European Union, Russia, Putin, Pan-Slavism, Vince McMahon
ANTI: Ukraine, Poroshenko, Gay Marriage, BLM
Teenager, Male, Belarusian-American, Catholic. Backpacker, have been to about 20 countries. I like WWE.
Right-winger. I don't care about your beliefs unless you won't shut up about them.

"Do you know what the cure for the human condition is? Disease. Because that's the only way one could hope for a cure."

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:02 am

LOLOLOL

Go get an education pal.

^^^

Ossetians didn't want Georgia anymore. They wanted independence. And they got, and Russia just so happened to help them. So what?
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:05 am

No its not. Its an analogy. Nice job missing it, seemingly intentionally.

It can't be an analogy because Putin is ideologically the opposite of Hitler and only an idiot who never read a History book would make that stupid analogy

Only an idiot who never read a history book would miss the parallels of ignoring Putin dicking around until he hits a NATO member with Chamberlain ignoring Hitler dicking around until he hit Poland.
Bailey Quinn, Nice ta meet ya! (Female Pronouns Please)
Also known as Harley
NS Stats are not used here.
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3
Normal is a setting on the dryer

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:07 am

It can't be an analogy because Putin is ideologically the opposite of Hitler and only an idiot who never read a History book would make that stupid analogy

Only an idiot who never read a history book would miss the parallels of ignoring Putin dicking around until he hits a NATO member with Chamberlain ignoring Hitler dicking around until he hit Poland.

Didn't a NATO Member (Turkey) strike Russia first?
Teenager, Male, Belarusian-American, Catholic. Backpacker, have been to about 20 countries. I like WWE.
Right-winger. I don't care about your beliefs unless you won't shut up about them.

"Do you know what the cure for the human condition is? Disease. Because that's the only way one could hope for a cure."

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:07 am

LOLOLOL

Go get an education pal.

Your statement was neither inconvenient nor nuanced. It was irrelevant. Georgia's ability to keep control of its territory does not legally make it any less its territory. Russia is still an unlawful occupier of Georgian soil, regardless of Georgia's lack of an ability to kick them out.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:08 am

Rutthenia wrote:

Didn't a NATO Member (Turkey) strike Russia first?

Russia invaded Turkey's airspace, so no. Its Russia's fault.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

The Realist Polities
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Realist Polities » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:08 am

No, I know.
Putin keeps overthrowing regimes, ignoring international law in military interventions, sponsoring NGOs to destabilise governments all over the world... oh no, wait: that's us.

So, should the rest of the world drop their 'chamberlain' act and move to stop NATO and the West from intervening everywhere?
No, of course not. Because we are the good guys, everyone not us is 'bad'..........

What has objectively Putin done against Western interests? what have we done Vs Russian interests?
Compare the two and use your brain to reason logically, for christ's sake.
“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” - M. Friedman
-
political-realist, military traditionalist, cultural relativist, empiricist, economic liberal, particularist, free speech, sovereigntist
-

Free Rhenish States
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Rhenish States » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:10 am

Besides, the Ossetians are a separate ethnicity from the Georgians, they speak an Iranic language while the Georgians speak a Kartvelian. Don't these people deserve freedom and indepence if they wish? If they don't, then so doesn't Kosovo, Albania, and so many more countries in the world..
I don't care about the opinions of people I don't even think about. Est-ce que tu comprends? Ça m'est égal.
Wer in einem gewissen Alter nicht merkt, dass er hauptsächlich von Idioten umgeben ist, merkt es aus einem gewissen Grunde nicht. - Kurt Götz
TGs are welcome, I don't bite at all... Or so do I think.
Быть русским значит быть святым, расистом, экстремистом, жидобоем, и мишенью стать для всех исчадий зла.
I am not trillingual, I am sexlingual.
The undisputed Führer of all Germans on Nationstates. Know your leader!
!I believe in the white race!

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:10 am

The Realist Polities wrote:What has objectively Putin done against Western interests? what have we done Vs Russian interests?

We act against Russian interests because Russian interests are against our interests, simple as that.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

The Realist Polities
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Realist Polities » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:10 am

LOLOLOL

Go get an education pal.

Your statement was neither inconvenient nor nuanced. It was irrelevant. Georgia's ability to keep control of its territory does not legally make it any less its territory. Russia is still an unlawful occupier of Georgian soil, regardless of Georgia's lack of an ability to kick them out.

I tell you what: when Kosovo is returned to Serbia, Guantanamo to Cuba etc etc etc, THEN we'll talk.
-
-

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:11 am

I tell you what: when Kosovo is returned to Serbia, Guantanamo to Cuba etc etc etc, THEN we'll talk.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Guantanamo Bay was legally leased to the US. That lease ain't up.

Kosovo is legally recognized as a separate entity under several international treaties.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

The Realist Polities
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Realist Polities » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:12 am

The Realist Polities wrote:What has objectively Putin done against Western interests? what have we done Vs Russian interests?

We act against Russian interests because Russian interests are against our interests, simple as that.

How are Russian interests against American interests?
Why the hell does the US care about Georgia or Ukraine?

I'm not saying they have to agree in everything but the notion that it is in the national interest of a bankrupt naval power to protect weak banana republics in a continental setting is simply bizarre...
-
-

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:12 am

Cymrea wrote:
Orostan wrote:Союз нерушимый республик свободных
Сплотила навеки Великая Русь.
Да здравствует созданный волей народов
Единый, могучий Советский Союз!

Славься, Отечество наше свободное,
Дружбы, народов надежный оплот!
Знамя советское, знамя народное
Пусть от победы, к победе ведет!

Сквозь грозы сияло нам солнце свободы,
И Ленин великий нам путь озарил.
Нас вырастил Сталин - на верность народу
На труд и на подвиги нас вдохновил.

Славься, Отечество чаше свободное,
Счастья народов надежный оплот!
Пусть от победы к победе ведет!

Мы армию нашу растили в сраженьях,
Захватчиков подлых с дороги сметем!
Мы в битвах решаем судьбу поколений,
Мы к славе Отчизну свою поведем!

Славься, Отечество наше свободное,
Славы народов надежный оплот!
Пусть от победы к победе ведет!

My Russian is pretty rusty...is this not the Soviet anthem?

It is.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:12 am

Rutthenia wrote:Didn't a NATO Member (Turkey) strike Russia first?

Russia invaded Turkey's airspace, so no. Its Russia's fault.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/re ... 1615790737

No it didn't. Even if you look at more biased sources, Russia flew through less than 1 mile of Turkish Territory reaching in the extreme south direction into Syria's territory most likely due to pilot error. That, my friend, is nowhere near "invasion".

The Realist Polities
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Realist Polities » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:13 am

HAHAHAHAHA!

Kosovo is legally recognized as a separate entity under several international treaties.

You are basically a know-nothing:

1. Cuba denounced the lease
2. UN resolutions ENFORCE serbian sovereignty. Kosovo is not a UN member state and is not recognised by ANY international treaty.
-
-

Free Rhenish States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Rhenish States » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:14 am

HAHAHAHAHA!

You mean the Western treaties?
So much for an international recognition.
I don't care about the opinions of people I don't even think about. Est-ce que tu comprends? Ça m'est égal.
Wer in einem gewissen Alter nicht merkt, dass er hauptsächlich von Idioten umgeben ist, merkt es aus einem gewissen Grunde nicht. - Kurt Götz
Быть русским значит быть святым, расистом, экстремистом, жидобоем, и мишенью стать для всех исчадий зла.

New Werpland
Senator

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:15 am

The Portland Territory wrote:
LOLOLOL

Go get an education pal.

^^^

Ossetians didn't want Georgia anymore. They wanted independence. And they got, and Russia just so happened to help them. So what?

There was no precedent which suited their call for independence.

Free Rhenish States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Rhenish States » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:17 am

Goes to show how little do you actually know. So what do you wanna do about Russia? Balkanize it? . Russia DOES NOT GO AGAINST the western interests, EVEN though Russia and the West really dislike each other. The West NEEDS a strong Russia, and everyone in the American government understands it, and you wanna know why? Because if it were not for a strong Russia, China would have taken over Siberia and included much of the post-Soviet territory into their own sphere of influence, becoming much stronger than the West.
It's as simple as that.

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:17 am

HAHAHAHAHA!

The closest Kosovo got to an "international treaty" was the Brussels Agreement, which wasn't signed by either party.

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:18 am

HAHAHAHAHA!

2. UN resolutions ENFORCE serbian sovereignty. Kosovo is not a UN member state and is not recognised by ANY international treaty.

1. Last I checked you don't get to back out of a contract just because 'I don't wanna!' I guess land lords can just evict their tenets for no reason even if the lease doesn't say so.

2. Kosovo is recognized by 109 UN member states.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

The Realist Polities
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Realist Polities » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:18 am

New Werpland wrote:
The Portland Territory wrote:^^^

There was no precedent which suited their call for independence.

Might makes right. Goes for all sides.
-
-

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:19 am

Free Rhenish States wrote:The West NEEDS a strong Russia, and everyone in the American government understands it, and you wanna know why? Because if it were not for a strong Russia, China would have taken over Siberia and included much of the post-Soviet territory into their own sphere of influence, becoming much stronger than the West.

Yes clearly we need a strong playground bully to cause problems for us to clean up. Great thinking there.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Free Rhenish States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Rhenish States » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:19 am

1. Last I checked you don't get to back out of a contract just because 'I don't wanna!' I guess land lords can just evict their tenets for no reason even if the lease doesn't say so.

2. Kosovo is recognized by 109 UN member states.

There are 195 countries in the world, out of which 193 are in the UN...

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:20 am

The Realist Polities wrote:You are basically a know-nothing:

The Realist Polities wrote:LOLOLOL

Go get an education pal.

The highlighted points have no purpose. *** Warned for flaming ***.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General