NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread VII: The Christ Awakens.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your denomination?

Roman Catholic
32%
Eastern Orthodox
7%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East , etc.)
1%
Anglican/Episcopalian
7%
Methodist
4%
Lutheran or Reformed (including Calvinist, Presbyterian, etc.)
11%
Baptist
11%
Other Evangelical Protestant (Pentecostal, non-denominational, etc.)
13%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
3%
Other Christian
13%

Total votes : 664

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:52 pm

ThePeacekeepers wrote:
And Christ during his three days of death descended into Sheol to save those who had already gone before him. How could he do that if they were unconscious?

I believe you are mistaken Yahshua was not dead for three days but instead was in the heart of the earth for three days as it says.
Matthew 12:40
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

The heart of the earth at the time was the Sanhedrin court which was the Lord's seat of Authority on the earth. And he was in their custody for three days, as he said he would be.
Now on this I must study with my pastor. And ask him for the study because it is very in-depth and I would really hate to get something wrong so as soon as I get the study from him I will address it further.

I don't really like to be this blunt, but no that is incorrect. At no point, in any source is the Sanhedrin referred to as "the heart of the Earth." The Sanhedrin aren't even the "heart" of the Jewish religion, at best you could make an argument for the Temple and Priests, being the "heart" but even that is a stretch. It's never been referred to to as that.

Further, the Greek here for Earth is γῆς the genitive case of γῆ which means literal earth, the ground. The Greek phrase here is ἐν τῇ καρδίᾳ τῆς γῆς, which without going too much into Koine grammer, literately means to be in the ground.

To even possibly be referring to the Sanhedrin,. the phrase would have to be ἐν τῇ καρδίᾳ τοῦ κόσμου "in the heart of the world."

Mathew 12:40 refers to the three days of Jesus's death. He was crucified, descended into the heart of the earth, which you'll remember from the picture is Sheol, and on the third day rose again. (It's Hebrew custom to refer to even part of the day as constituting the whole 24 hour period day and night, so even though he was killed on Friday and Raised again Sunday morning, a time period of aproximately 36 hours, the first century Jews would have recorded this as 3 days)."

But as to speaking to the souls who were unconscious, the bible talks about Yahshua ministering to the spirits that were in prison and also about Moses and Elias speaking with Yahshua on a mountain. So it is apparent that if the Lord wishes to speak with the dead then he can do so. As he had to give those who died a chance for salvation that they previously did not have, and would instead have been cast into the lake of fire on the day of judgment.
And he did,... during those three days.

Luke 9:28-36
28 And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.

29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.

30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:

31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.

33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.

34 While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.

35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

36 And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.

1 Peter 3:18-19
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

It was the will of the Lord God Yahweh that Yahshua died. It was Lucifer who had him killed though.

I don't know what distinction you're trying to make here. Lucifer is not God. Christ is God. Lucifer literally has no power over Christ than what Jesus allows him to have. Lucifer is still subject to Jesus's will.

Jesus. being the Word and Son, is subject to the Father's will. (The Godhead really can be confusing)

My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet not what I want but what you want.” 40 Then he came to the disciples and found them sleeping; and he said to Peter, “So, could you not stay awake with me one hour? 41 Stay awake and pray that you may not come into the time of trial;[a] the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” 42 Again he went away for the second time and prayed, “My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done.”

This whole thing was God's will. Lucifer was just an actor in the play God had composed. If Lucifer had any choice in the matter, he would have spared Christ, as Christ's death was the ultimate victory over sin and Satan. If anything, it is the ultimate punishment for Satan, to have to manifest his own defeat.

Now how does that play into Praying to the Saints? The Saints are not unconscious as you assert. They are Conscious and dwell with the Lord. What we call Saint's are those who have fully entered Heaven (they're not entering Heaven via purgatory), and have held up as being exemplary Christians. We try to follow their example, like Paul said to do "1 Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ." (1 Corinthians 11:1) and we pray to them, to pray for us to the Lord our God, as we would any other Christian, so that they might lift our prayers up to the Lord as seen in Revelation 5:"8 When he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell before the Lamb, each holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. " (It seems fitting to differentiate between saint and Saint, here. "saint" refers to all Christians, while Saint is how we use the word to day, good Christians. the "Saint's" in this verse are represented by the elders, holding up the prayers of the saints (Christians). So you are right in asserting that we should not pray to those who are dead. However, when we pray to the Saints, we don't pray to the dead, we are praying to those who are alive in Christ and dwell in the Abode of the Lord.

John 3:11-17
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

No man hath ascended into heaven.

....You realize there is a linear timeline right? Christ had not died when he spoke these words, thus no man had ascended into heaven. It wasn't until after he had died so that man could ascend.

No, that is how evil men have used it. Are you saying then that Christ's death is the work of Satan? That the sacrifice was not God's will but the Devil's? If so then he is not the Messiah, and we are all under sin, and nobody goes to heaven anyway. Thankfully that is not what the Scripture tells us. Men may have used this instrument for evil. But God used it for his own beautiful purpose.

The cross was used for thousands of years by all sorts of pagan religions, but barring that it was still an instrument of evil. It was the Lords will that Yahshua die for the salvation of all men, but it was not by his hand that he died but by the hand of Lucifer.

Again, Lucifer is just a player in the divine plan. He's still under God's authority. The notion that Lucifer had the capacity to kill God is near blasphemous. Christianity is not dualist, the Devil is not equal in power to God.

Christ was in full control over his fate.
"53 Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the scriptures be fulfilled, which say it must happen in this way?”"

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." ]

"Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour"

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father"

Christ went willingly to the Cross [i]Chose The Cross, and through the Cross, Lucifer is defeated. Once again, while it may have been used by evil men before, God took it, sanctified it with his Blood, and delivered us from perdition. In that way, the Cross of Christ is a truly holy thing.

Luke 22:1-7
22 Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.

2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.

3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

4 And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.

5 And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money.

6 And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.
7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.

I mean it's redundant at this point, Satan is under the heel of God and can do nothing that God doesn't allow. Satan may have been the agent that twisted Judas, but it was all God's will. Christs death was not the work of the Devil, it was the will of God.

So you see, the Crucifix does not violate the commandment against Idols, for man did not choose it, man did not make it or designate it for themselves. God chose the Cross as the instrument of His passion, His sacrifice of perfect love for all mankind. The Icon of the Crucifix depicts the suffering of Christ, so we may not forget the intensity by which He shed His blood for us, that He suffered and died for us. We do not worship the Crucifix, as one would if it were an Idol. We worship that which the Crucifix represents and brings to mind: God, and God alone.

The cross in an unholy image, a graven image, that false Christians have raised up and worshiped as their idol. You bear the graven Image on your person, you pray with it, you kneel before it. The Lord has spoken on this, his will be done.

You're right he did:

And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." ;)

The men who killed Yahshua did not do it out of Holiness or by the guidance of Yahweh but out of their hatred, and guided by Lucifer. They were the ones who chose the means by which he died, they wanted him to suffer. But it was Yahweh's will that he die.

You don't get to call things false, when you don't even know the definition of words. Once again you are using Graven incorrectly. It does not bear negative connotation: it means "deeply impressed; firmly fixed" In the connotations of Exodus 20:4 graven is translated from פֶּסֶל which means "a carved idol" Graven=carved. Graven=/= evil.

It is irrelevant, who or for what motive the Actors had, they carried out the will of the Father. Ironically you quoted the passage that confirms this.

"11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin."

The only false Christian here, is your "Pastor" who tries to tell you that the Death of Christ was evil.

Mark 15:9-15

9 But Pilate answered them, saying, Will ye that I release unto you the King of the Jews?

10 For he knew that the chief priests had delivered him for envy.

11 But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas unto them.

12 And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do unto him whom ye call the King of the Jews?

13 And they cried out again, Crucify him.

14 Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath he done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify him.

15 And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified.

John 19:1-15
19 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.

2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe,

3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands.

4 Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him.

5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!

6 When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him.

7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

8 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;

9 And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.

10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?

11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.

13 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.

14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!

15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

A few bits of advice going forward:

1. Pick a better translation. The KJV is a beautiful work, but it's a product of its time, has many confusing inaccuracies and utilizes words that have evolved in meaning and connotation since then. The NAB, NRSV, ESV, are all solid translations attested to by Scholars and Clergy alike, and they're much easier to work with.

2. Please structure your posts more compactly. Theological debates are more than just posting walls of scripture, expecting them to speak for themselves. Present the arguments you are making fully, and support it with scripture. And if you're going to be posting entire chapters please spoiler them.

And here's a bit of logical question for you, Iconography in Christian usage dates back to at least the second century. The Bible wasn't codified until the 4th century. Why would the Church, codify Scripture that directly contradicted its practices? (Hint: it wouldn't)

The Cross is not evil and was held up by Christ and the Christians who wrote the books of the Bible

1 Corinthians 1:18: For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Matthew 10:38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

I don't know what obscure sect of Christianity you belong to, but if what you say is true, that only false Christians "revere" the Cross, then there have never been true Christians.
Last edited by Tarsonis Survivors on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Nordengrund wrote:How do Christians here who are or lean Democrat feel about the party's pro- abortion stance?

I'm an independent, but I've considered joining the Democratic Party, but it's stance on abortion is a deal breaker for me. I know there are pro-life Democrats and each party is diverse, I just don't think I could affiliate with a pro-abortion party in good conscience.

I'm a Georgist, and the Democratic Freedom Caucus seems to promotes some Georgist solutions, but unfortunately it agrees with the national party on abortion.

That's the primary reason I consider myself a Rockerfeller Republican. Yeah, they tend to be pro- choice, but I don't have a problem with a politicians against being pro-choice as long as he at least has a to reduce the number of abortions that occur and reduce the need for it. I feel there is a stronger commitment to smaller government among the Rockerfellers while simultaneously being concerned about the environment, welfare, and education.

I doubt very many people are actually "pro-abortion"; I feel that's an unfair assessment; and a lot of Democrats do want to see a reduction of the need for it. For me, it's a choice of do I vote for a Democrat, even though they are mostly pro-choice, or for a Republican, with whom I would almost certainly disagree on nearly every other issue? Now, I have all but decided to sit this election out, because while I am certainly not fond of Clinton and her somewhat Machiavellian fondness for power and prestige, I find Trump and his hateful rhetoric entirely distasteful. I also feel that it's counter-productive and even irresponsible to be a single-issue voter. Their views on abortion don't enter into this for me. All I can say to others is that all one can do is decide what one's priorities are, and where, if anywhere, one is willing to compromise. No candidate is going to give you everything you want.

Now as for reducing abortions, do we want to reduce, and eventually eliminate, abortion by improving living conditions and thus making termination of pregnancy a less attractive choice, or by "punishing those dirty sluts"?

At this point, I must be totally honest. I am an unapologetic Progressive Liberal, and throughout my adult life I had always leaned toward pro-choice. My recent return to the Catholic Church has necessitated a re-evaluation of that, and I am still working my way through it. If abortion is the single most important issue for you, you'll need to decide what your secondary priorities are, if any, and how much ground you're willing to concede to someone who does not share your views on those issues.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

ThePeacekeepers
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby ThePeacekeepers » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:35 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
ThePeacekeepers wrote:I believe you are mistaken Yahshua was not dead for three days but instead was in the heart of the earth for three days as it says.
Matthew 12:40
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

The heart of the earth at the time was the Sanhedrin court which was the Lord's seat of Authority on the earth. And he was in their custody for three days, as he said he would be.
Now on this I must study with my pastor. And ask him for the study because it is very in-depth and I would really hate to get something wrong so as soon as I get the study from him I will address it further.

I don't really like to be this blunt, but no that is incorrect. At no point, in any source is the Sanhedrin referred to as "the heart of the Earth." The Sanhedrin aren't even the "heart" of the Jewish religion, at best you could make an argument for the Temple and Priests, being the "heart" but even that is a stretch. It's never been referred to to as that.

Further, the Greek here for Earth is γῆς the genitive case of γῆ which means literal earth, the ground. The Greek phrase here is ἐν τῇ καρδίᾳ τῆς γῆς, which without going too much into Koine grammer, literately means to be in the ground.

To even possibly be referring to the Sanhedrin,. the phrase would have to be ἐν τῇ καρδίᾳ τοῦ κόσμου "in the heart of the world."

Mathew 12:40 refers to the three days of Jesus's death. He was crucified, descended into the heart of the earth, which you'll remember from the picture is Sheol, and on the third day rose again. (It's Hebrew custom to refer to even part of the day as constituting the whole 24 hour period day and night, so even though he was killed on Friday and Raised again Sunday morning, a time period of aproximately 36 hours, the first century Jews would have recorded this as 3 days)."

But as to speaking to the souls who were unconscious, the bible talks about Yahshua ministering to the spirits that were in prison and also about Moses and Elias speaking with Yahshua on a mountain. So it is apparent that if the Lord wishes to speak with the dead then he can do so. As he had to give those who died a chance for salvation that they previously did not have, and would instead have been cast into the lake of fire on the day of judgment.

28 And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.

29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.

31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.

33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.

34 While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.

35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

36 And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.

1 Peter 3:18-19
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

It was the will of the Lord God Yahweh that Yahshua died. It was Lucifer who had him killed though.

I don't know what distinction you're trying to make here. Lucifer is not God. Christ is God. Lucifer literally has no power over Christ than what Jesus allows him to have. Lucifer is still subject to Jesus's will.

Jesus. being the Word and Son, is subject to the Father's will. (The Godhead really can be confusing)

My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet not what I want but what you want.” 40 Then he came to the disciples and found them sleeping; and he said to Peter, “So, could you not stay awake with me one hour? 41 Stay awake and pray that you may not come into the time of trial;[a] the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” 42 Again he went away for the second time and prayed, “My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done.”

This whole thing was God's will. Lucifer was just an actor in the play God had composed. If Lucifer had any choice in the matter, he would have spared Christ, as Christ's death was the ultimate victory over sin and Satan. If anything, it is the ultimate punishment for Satan, to have to manifest his own defeat.

John 3:11-17
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

No man hath ascended into heaven.

....You realize there is a linear timeline right? Christ had not died when he spoke these words, thus no man had ascended into heaven. It wasn't until after he had died so that man could ascend.

The cross was used for thousands of years by all sorts of pagan religions, but barring that it was still an instrument of evil. It was the Lords will that Yahshua die for the salvation of all men, but it was not by his hand that he died but by the hand of Lucifer.

Again, Lucifer is just a player in the divine plan. He's still under God's authority. The notion that Lucifer had the capacity to kill God is near blasphemous. Christianity is not dualist, the Devil is not equal in power to God.

"53 Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the scriptures be fulfilled, which say it must happen in this way?”"

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." ]

"Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour"

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father"

Christ went willingly to the Cross Chose The Cross, and through the Cross, Lucifer is defeated. Once again, while it may have been used by evil men before, God took it, sanctified it with his Blood, and delivered us from perdition. In that way, the Cross of Christ is a truly holy thing.

Luke 22:1-7
22 Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.

2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.

3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

4 And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.

5 And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money.

6 And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.
7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.

I mean it's redundant at this point, Satan is under the heel of God and can do nothing that God doesn't allow. Satan may have been the agent that twisted Judas, but it was all God's will. Christs death was not the work of the Devil, it was the will of God.

The cross in an unholy image, a graven image, that false Christians have raised up and worshiped as their idol. You bear the graven Image on your person, you pray with it, you kneel before it. The Lord has spoken on this, his will be done.

You're right he did:

And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." ;)

The men who killed Yahshua did not do it out of Holiness or by the guidance of Yahweh but out of their hatred, and guided by Lucifer. They were the ones who chose the means by which he died, they wanted him to suffer. But it was Yahweh's will that he die.

You don't get to call things false, when you don't even know the definition of words. Once again you are using Graven incorrectly. It does not bear negative connotation: it means "deeply impressed; firmly fixed" In the connotations of Exodus 20:4 graven is translated from פֶּסֶל which means "a carved idol" Graven=carved. Graven=/= evil.

It is irrelevant, who or for what motive the Actors had, they carried out the will of the Father. Ironically you quoted the passage that confirms this.

"11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin."

The only false Christian here, is your "Pastor" who tries to tell you that the Death of Christ was evil.

Mark 15:9-15

9 But Pilate answered them, saying, Will ye that I release unto you the King of the Jews?

10 For he knew that the chief priests had delivered him for envy.

11 But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas unto them.

12 And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do unto him whom ye call the King of the Jews?

13 And they cried out again, Crucify him.

14 Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath he done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify him.

15 And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified.

John 19:1-15
19 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.

2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe,

3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands.

4 Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him.

5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!

6 When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him.

7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

8 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;

9 And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.

10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?

11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.

13 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.

14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!

15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

1. Pick a better translation. The KJV is a beautiful work, but it's a product of its time, has many confusing inaccuracies and utilizes words that have evolved in meaning and connotation since then. The NAB, NRSV, ESV, are all solid translations attested to by Scholars and Clergy alike, and they're much easier to work with.

2. Please structure your posts more compactly. Theological debates are more than just posting walls of scripture, expecting them to speak for themselves. Present the arguments you are making fully, and support it with scripture. And if you're going to be posting entire chapters please spoiler them.

And here's a bit of logical question for you, Iconography in Christian usage dates back to at least the second century. The Bible wasn't codified until the 4th century. Why would the Church, codify Scripture that directly contradicted its practices? (Hint: it wouldn't)

The Cross is not evil and was held up by Christ and the Christians who wrote the books of the Bible

1 Corinthians 1:18: For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Matthew 10:38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

I don't know what obscure sect of Christianity you belong to, but if what you say is true, that only false Christians "revere" the Cross, then there have never been true Christians.

I did not say that Yahshua dying on the cross was by the will of Lucifer but the will of the Lord God Yahweh. I'm sorry if you did not see my saying that several times but now that I've cleared that up I do intend to make myself very clear.
Yahweh's will was to have Yahshua killed to save all mankind.
Yahshua allowed himself to be killed by those who hated him and were sinful.
Sinfulness is not of the Lord God Yahweh but of Lucifer.
Lucifer therefore guided them to kill him.
Lucifer directly entered Judas Isocrait and then went to betray Yahshua the Christ.
Lucifer therefore directly had a hand in killing him as I had pointed out.
Yahweh did not kill his son Yahshua the chirst but simply allowed it to happen so that all men could be saved by his sacrifice.
Yes Yahshua died on the cross.
Yes it does say to take up the cross after him.
Luke 9:21-26
21 And he straitly charged them, and commanded them to tell no man that thing;

22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Matt 16:23-25
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

But it is saying to die, for the Lord God Yahweh's word just as he did.
I'm sorry you could not see that before but I hope that now you can see and understand the true meaning of what it is saying.
As to the other quote from Corinthians.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
I agree completely that we all must preach that Yahshua died on the cross for our sins and in fact if we do not believe that he died on the cross for our sins we cannot be saved.
When we look at the definition of Idol in the Strong's concordance we see that the definition of graven image is an idol or image. Or alternatively a carved image, or idol. Take your pick.
So yes the cross is indeed a carved image that is used as an idol by your churches.
The cross=graven image=idol=not of the Lord God Yahweh=Of Lucifer.
Alright, now Yahshua did die on the cross but making the cross the focal point and not him dying is wrong.
Caring at all about the torture device he died on is wrong.
Caring about Yahshua is holy.
Yahshua did not sanctify the cross he simply died on it, it was just a means to an end.
To raise it up and make it something more than just a way for people to be tortured to death is wrong.
How many people died on the cross after Yahshua was killed?
Were they all then righteous having died on it even if they did not know the word of the Lord God Yahweh?
Do we all get a free pass by simply being killed on the cross?
If so then why do we go by faith and works at all and not just all die on the cross and be instantly saved.
Because the cross is not holy.
It is not of god.
It was created by men, used by men before Christ, and after him to kill people innocent or guilty in the eyes of the lord.

And as I said I cannot get into the Sanhedrin court discussion with you until I have all the facts from the bible, I would not want to be wrong about something concerning the bible and teach it to others, because then I would be the reason that they did not know the truth and instead a lie.
I would hope that someone who considers themselves to be a person of the Lord would understand that having strong doctrine is always better than simple word of mouth, considering that doctrine is what we believe in and only by sound doctrine should we accept anything brought before us.
I would also hope that you would know that we are to prove all things concerning what the Lord God Yahweh has said.
1 Thessalonians 5:21-23
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 4:1-5
4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

I have made my case with doctrine on all points, I am sorry if I did not provide enough or if you were not able to see the truth. It is difficult for me to show exactly what I am trying to get across over the internet. Because in person I could read each passage to you and tell what the Lord is saying and what it means, not because that's what I say it is but because that's what it says and there is only one word of God.
The meaning is hidden from man and those given the ability to see are supposed to teach those without. Now over the internet I can't do the things necessary to do that.
As to spoilers I have used them before and many do not read them because of how many there are, but only through sound doctrine can one preach so there is no other way but to make it inevitable that they read them even just skimming it.
Which I know isn't nice but it is the only thing I can do.
But by the Lord's guidance I will continue to preach his word and bring the truth to those who have not heard it.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:04 am

Maineiacs wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:How do Christians here who are or lean Democrat feel about the party's pro- abortion stance?

I'm an independent, but I've considered joining the Democratic Party, but it's stance on abortion is a deal breaker for me. I know there are pro-life Democrats and each party is diverse, I just don't think I could affiliate with a pro-abortion party in good conscience.

I'm a Georgist, and the Democratic Freedom Caucus seems to promotes some Georgist solutions, but unfortunately it agrees with the national party on abortion.

That's the primary reason I consider myself a Rockerfeller Republican. Yeah, they tend to be pro- choice, but I don't have a problem with a politicians against being pro-choice as long as he at least has a to reduce the number of abortions that occur and reduce the need for it. I feel there is a stronger commitment to smaller government among the Rockerfellers while simultaneously being concerned about the environment, welfare, and education.

I doubt very many people are actually "pro-abortion"; I feel that's an unfair assessment; and a lot of Democrats do want to see a reduction of the need for it. For me, it's a choice of do I vote for a Democrat, even though they are mostly pro-choice, or for a Republican, with whom I would almost certainly disagree on nearly every other issue? Now, I have all but decided to sit this election out, because while I am certainly not fond of Clinton and her somewhat Machiavellian fondness for power and prestige, I find Trump and his hateful rhetoric entirely distasteful. I also feel that it's counter-productive and even irresponsible to be a single-issue voter. Their views on abortion don't enter into this for me. All I can say to others is that all one can do is decide what one's priorities are, and where, if anywhere, one is willing to compromise. No candidate is going to give you everything you want.

Now as for reducing abortions, do we want to reduce, and eventually eliminate, abortion by improving living conditions and thus making termination of pregnancy a less attractive choice, or by "punishing those dirty sluts"?

At this point, I must be totally honest. I am an unapologetic Progressive Liberal, and throughout my adult life I had always leaned toward pro-choice. My recent return to the Catholic Church has necessitated a re-evaluation of that, and I am still working my way through it. If abortion is the single most important issue for you, you'll need to decide what your secondary priorities are, if any, and how much ground you're willing to concede to someone who does not share your views on those issues.

I don't necessarily think any ideology or party is the "Christian" one or the right one. I see politics as largely circumstantial. I think the Republicans are more Christian on some positions and Democrats are more Christian on other positions.

I doubt politics affect the genuiness of your faith and salvation unless you promote an ideology like Nazism.

Even though I am a former conservative, I've never been comfortable with the liberal or progressive labels either, and I still sympathize with the conservatives despite some disagreements as I understand their point of view and why they believe what they do.

I really dislike both candidates. Trump has some positions and has some things he said that are quite "unchristian", but I wouldn't go as far as to claim him as the next Hitler. He could mean what he says and act out on his promises, or it could all just be a rhetoric to get into the White House and turn out pretty moderate. Only time will tell.
Last edited by Nordengrund on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 John 1:9

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:12 am

ThePeacekeepers wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:

Christ went willingly to the Cross Chose The Cross, and through the Cross, Lucifer is defeated. Once again, while it may have been used by evil men before, God took it, sanctified it with his Blood, and delivered us from perdition. In that way, the Cross of Christ is a truly holy thing.

You're right he did:

I did not say that Yahshua dying on the cross was by the will of Lucifer but the will of the Lord God Yahweh. I'm sorry if you did not see my saying that several times but now that I've cleared that up I do intend to make myself very clear.
Yahweh's will was to have Yahshua killed to save all mankind.
Yahshua allowed himself to be killed by those who hated him and were sinful.
Sinfulness is not of the Lord God Yahweh but of Lucifer.
Lucifer therefore guided them to kill him.
Lucifer directly entered Judas Isocrait and then went to betray Yahshua the Christ.
Lucifer therefore directly had a hand in killing him as I had pointed out.
Yahweh did not kill his son Yahshua the chirst but simply allowed it to happen so that all men could be saved by his sacrifice.
Yes Yahshua died on the cross.
Yes it does say to take up the cross after him.
Luke 9:21-26
21 And he straitly charged them, and commanded them to tell no man that thing;

22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Matt 16:23-25
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

But it is saying to die, for the Lord God Yahweh's word just as he did.
I'm sorry you could not see that before but I hope that now you can see and understand the true meaning of what it is saying.
As to the other quote from Corinthians.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
I agree completely that we all must preach that Yahshua died on the cross for our sins and in fact if we do not believe that he died on the cross for our sins we cannot be saved.
When we look at the definition of Idol in the Strong's concordance we see that the definition of graven image is an idol or image. Or alternatively a carved image, or idol. Take your pick.
So yes the cross is indeed a carved image that is used as an idol by your churches.
The cross=graven image=idol=not of the Lord God Yahweh=Of Lucifer.
Alright, now Yahshua did die on the cross but making the cross the focal point and not him dying is wrong.
Caring at all about the torture device he died on is wrong.
Caring about Yahshua is holy.
Yahshua did not sanctify the cross he simply died on it, it was just a means to an end.
To raise it up and make it something more than just a way for people to be tortured to death is wrong.
How many people died on the cross after Yahshua was killed?
Were they all then righteous having died on it even if they did not know the word of the Lord God Yahweh?
Do we all get a free pass by simply being killed on the cross?
If so then why do we go by faith and works at all and not just all die on the cross and be instantly saved.
Because the cross is not holy.
It is not of god.
It was created by men, used by men before Christ, and after him to kill people innocent or guilty in the eyes of the lord.

And as I said I cannot get into the Sanhedrin court discussion with you until I have all the facts from the bible, I would not want to be wrong about something concerning the bible and teach it to others, because then I would be the reason that they did not know the truth and instead a lie.
I would hope that someone who considers themselves to be a person of the Lord would understand that having strong doctrine is always better than simple word of mouth, considering that doctrine is what we believe in and only by sound doctrine should we accept anything brought before us.
I would also hope that you would know that we are to prove all things concerning what the Lord God Yahweh has said.
1 Thessalonians 5:21-23
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 4:1-5
4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

I have made my case with doctrine on all points, I am sorry if I did not provide enough or if you were not able to see the truth. It is difficult for me to show exactly what I am trying to get across over the internet. Because in person I could read each passage to you and tell what the Lord is saying and what it means, not because that's what I say it is but because that's what it says and there is only one word of God.
The meaning is hidden from man and those given the ability to see are supposed to teach those without. Now over the internet I can't do the things necessary to do that.
As to spoilers I have used them before and many do not read them because of how many there are, but only through sound doctrine can one preach so there is no other way but to make it inevitable that they read them even just skimming it.
Which I know isn't nice but it is the only thing I can do.
But by the Lord's guidance I will continue to preach his word and bring the truth to those who have not heard it.

Yeshua* not Yahshua....
"If you love me, you will keep my commandments" John 14:15

Blessed be He,who in His holiness gave The Torah to His people, Israel.

.יהודי שמאמין בישוע , נשאר יהודי

Implacable Death
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Implacable Death » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:06 am

How do American Christians feel towards European ones?
Okay so apparently these days it's hot and happening to show your gender.
I am MALE. WTF is cis? I am MALE. I like to belch and laugh at fart jokes.

Oh, by the way: gender and sex are the same thing. They are part of a binary system.
Transgenderism is not supported by scientific evidence.

The greatest evils of our day: islamism, liberalism, George Soros

How can you accuse me of evil? Though these deeds be unsavory, no one will argue: good shall follow from them.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:12 am

Implacable Death wrote:How do American Christians feel towards European ones?

We don't feel any differently towards Christians in Europe as we would in America. Or any part of the world, in fact
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS
Favorite bands: Bon Jovi, Guns 'N Roses, basically anything by Eric Clapton, Queen, AC/DC, a few songs by KISS, but I don't care much for the face paint.

Not really a politics person, I don't care much about it.

Implacable Death
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Implacable Death » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:13 am

Camaalbakrius wrote:
Implacable Death wrote:How do American Christians feel towards European ones?

We don't feel any differently towards Christians in Europe as we would in America. Or any part of the world, in fact

Do you suppose you feel kinship with them?

Oh, by the way: gender and sex are the same thing. They are part of a binary system.

How can you accuse me of evil? Though these deeds be unsavory, no one will argue: good shall follow from them.

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:17 am

Implacable Death wrote:
Camaalbakrius wrote:We don't feel any differently towards Christians in Europe as we would in America. Or any part of the world, in fact

Of course. Why wouldn't we? The Pope lives in Italy, and the current pope is from Argentina. the previous Pope was from Germany. Why should we not show the same love to Christians in Europe as we would in America? We should respect all christians, because we are all children of God
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS
Favorite bands: Bon Jovi, Guns 'N Roses, basically anything by Eric Clapton, Queen, AC/DC, a few songs by KISS, but I don't care much for the face paint.

Implacable Death
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Implacable Death » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:32 am

Camaalbakrius wrote:
Implacable Death wrote:

Of course. Why wouldn't we? The Pope lives in Italy, and the current pope is from Argentina. the previous Pope was from Germany. Why should we not show the same love to Christians in Europe as we would in America? We should respect all christians, because we are all children of God

Well, protestants are not of the pope and are still Christians. :O

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:34 am

Implacable Death wrote:
Camaalbakrius wrote:Of course. Why wouldn't we? The Pope lives in Italy, and the current pope is from Argentina. the previous Pope was from Germany. Why should we not show the same love to Christians in Europe as we would in America? We should respect all christians, because we are all children of God

Well, protestants are not of the pope and are still Christians. :O

We don't feel any differently, regardless of denomination. Jesus tells us to love our neighbor as ourselves.
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS

BlazingAngel
Envoy

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby BlazingAngel » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:38 am

Had anyone here ever heard of the Raptor?

Apparently for Catholic, the Raptor is suppose to be the day when Jesus comes down from heaven and will bring everyone, both living and the dead who'd believed in him, with him to heaven. Then, the Holy Spirit that hold back all the true evil will disappear and the evil will devour the world.

Honestly, this really freaks me out because I haven't fully given myself to Jesus yet.
Certified Firefighter. Took an EMT class and failed the written test twice. This was (probably) caused after killing too many dummies with an AED. Now a slave to Amazon as a warehouse worker

Rub some aloe vera on your neck and perform chest compressions on yourself for about 30 times per minutes. Then wrap the fuck out of your right arm with a saran wrap. Lastly, rub your nipples for shock management. Paramedics approved

DON'T SLEEP NEAR THE FIRELINES
Never lose your hose unattended when conducting clean-up. You'll never get it back
When a tree fall in the forest, does it make a sound? Of course it has, after being brutally sawed in half by chainsaws

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:39 am

BlazingAngel wrote:Had anyone here ever heard of the Raptor?

Apparently for Catholic, the Raptor is suppose to be the day when Jesus comes down from heaven and will bring everyone, both living and the dead who'd believed in him, with him to heaven. Then, the Holy Spirit that hold back all the true evil will disappear and the evil will devour the world.

Honestly, this really freaks me out because I haven't fully given myself to Jesus yet.

That's called the rapture, not the Raptor
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:41 am

Rapture, not Raptor. Raptor in a Christian context is something else entirely ;P

I think pretty much everyone here has. Not everyone has the exact same idea on what it constitutes, however.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:42 am

If you mean the Rapture, the Catholic Church utterly rejects it.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Implacable Death
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Implacable Death » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:46 am

Camaalbakrius wrote:

To be fair, his post made me laugh.

Also, it reminded me of the Simpsons.
"Argh! It's the Rapture! Quick, get Bart out of the house before Jesus gets here!"

You know, there should be more good people like some of you here are. (I say some because I haven't read everything here ;)) Not narrowminded Christians, but the ones that realize there are good and bad people out there, and still try to be the best they can be. The truth is, I'm nowhere near religious and the things I consider plausible would get me laughed at, but there's a lot to be said for the Ten Commandments, for instance, even in a modern civilization.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:46 am

Camaalbakrius wrote:

Still, raptors descending and devouring all bad people DOES sound awesome.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:47 am

I neither affirm it nor deny it.
1 John 1:9

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:47 am

Salus Maior wrote:

Rapture, not Raptor. Raptor in a Christian context is something else entirely ;P

Thank you for putting that song back in my head..
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

BlazingAngel
Envoy

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby BlazingAngel » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:48 am

The Princes of the Universe wrote:

If you mean the Rapture, the Catholic Church utterly rejects it.

I wish it was true, but at some point, certain church still talked about it.
Certified Firefighter. Took an EMT class and failed the written test twice. This was (probably) caused after killing too many dummies with an AED. Now a slave to Amazon as a warehouse worker

Rub some aloe vera on your neck and perform chest compressions on yourself for about 30 times per minutes. Then wrap the fuck out of your right arm with a saran wrap. Lastly, rub your nipples for shock management. Paramedics approved

DON'T SLEEP NEAR THE FIRELINES
Never lose your hose unattended when conducting clean-up. You'll never get it back
When a tree fall in the forest, does it make a sound? Of course it has, after being brutally sawed in half by chainsaws

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:48 am

BlazingAngel wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:If you mean the Rapture, the Catholic Church utterly rejects it.

I wish it was true, but at some point, certain church still talked about it.

Ultra-low-church heretics cooked up that nonsense less than 200 years ago.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:12 am

As this thread nears it's end, I would like to once again suggest updating the poll. I'd like to offer two proposals - the first is a refinement, while the second proposes a new category:

• Roman Catholic
  • Eastern Orthodox
  • Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East, etc.)
  • Anglican/Episcopalian
  • Lutheran or Reformed (including Calvinist, Presbyterian, etc.)
  • Methodist
  • Baptist
  • Other Evangelical Protestant (Pentecostal, Charismatic, etc.)
  • Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
  • Other Christian

• Roman Catholic
  • Eastern Orthodox
  • Anglican/Episcopalian
  • Baptist
  • Cultural Christian
  • Other Christian
Last edited by Conscentia on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:49 am

I think you mean the rapture, which is not a Catholic doctrine- it is held by some evangelicals.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:51 am

Conscentia wrote:As this thread nears it's end, I would like to once again suggest updating the poll. I'd like to offer two proposals - the first is a refinement, while the second proposes a new category:

• Roman Catholic
  • Eastern Orthodox
  • Anglican/Episcopalian
  • Methodist
  • Baptist
  • Other Christian

• Roman Catholic
  • Eastern Orthodox
  • Anglican/Episcopalian
  • Baptist
  • Cultural Christian
  • Other Christian

I do like number two.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:54 am

Conscentia wrote:As this thread nears it's end, I would like to once again suggest updating the poll. I'd like to offer two proposals - the first is a refinement, while the second proposes a new category:

• Roman Catholic
  • Eastern Orthodox
  • Anglican/Episcopalian
  • Methodist
  • Baptist
  • Other Christian

• Roman Catholic
  • Eastern Orthodox
  • Anglican/Episcopalian
  • Baptist
  • Cultural Christian
  • Other Christian

I prefer number two myself.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General