NATION

PASSWORD

Deteriorating Race Relations in 21st Century America

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are American Race Relations Declining?

Yes, they're worse than ever.
7%
Yes, but they've been much worse.
46%
Neutral/Apathetic.
7%
No, but they're not improving.
17%
No, they're better than ever.
10%
DAVID DUKE 2016! ANTI RACIST IS CODE WORD FOR WHITE GENOCIDE!
13%

Total votes : 138

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:07 am

Wdkckms wrote:It would be the best if the US give the Afro-Americans home rule. Use a chunk of land in Northern America and give them to the blacks to create their own country.

Not really. Not to mention that all black people don't live in one place.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:09 am

Wdkckms wrote:
New DeCapito wrote:Last time that was done, it was called 'Israel'. Look at Israel and tell me that's a good idea.

Yes, since Israel is a democratic country with a great economy. the only problem it is sourounded by enemies. Also, the USSR gaved various ethnic groups their home rule so it would be good for the blacks as well.

Except ethnic tension and nationalism led to the disintegration of the Soviet Union.

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Deteriorating Race Relations in 21st Century America

Postby Alien Space Bats » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:09 am

New DeCapito wrote:Do you know, I've never seen a dachshund running...

That is SO breedist. Of course dachshunds can run, just like collies can swim. People just assume that only the Newfies and retrievers can swim, that only poodles are sexy, that all goldens are stupid, and so much similar nonsense.

We need to respect ALL breeds, and not just indulge in stereotypical thinking. You should be ashamed of yourself.
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:11 am

Alien Space Bats wrote:
New DeCapito wrote:Do you know, I've never seen a dachshund running...

That is SO breedist. Of course dachshunds can run, just like collies can swim. People just assume that only the Newfies and retrievers can swim, that only poodles are sexy, that all goldens are stupid, and so much similar nonsense.

We need to respect ALL breeds, and not just indulge in stereotypical thinking. You should be ashamed of yourself.

only poodles are sexy

Wat.

Wdkckms
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wdkckms » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:12 am

Kelinfort wrote:
Wdkckms wrote:Yes, since Israel is a democratic country with a great economy. the only problem it is sourounded by enemies. Also, the USSR gaved various ethnic groups their home rule so it would be good for the blacks as well.

Except ethnic tension and nationalism led to the disintegration of the Soviet Union.

Not it did not. There was a referendum most Soviet republics where the people voted in favour of continuting the USSR. The disintegration was caused by a failed coup that scared all republics. This looks like a good idea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_New_Afrika

New DeCapito
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New DeCapito » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:13 am

Wdkckms wrote:
New DeCapito wrote:Last time that was done, it was called 'Israel'. Look at Israel and tell me that's a good idea.

Yes, since Israel is a democratic country with a great economy. the only problem it is sourounded by enemies. Also, the USSR gaved various ethnic groups their home rule so it would be good for the blacks as well.

And there is your problem. Separating black people from the USA would give them enemies to be surrounded by, except this time the enemies would be the Americans. You're just suggesting extreme segregation.
Liberal, egalitarian. Correct me if I become too outspoken.

Wdkckms
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wdkckms » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:16 am

New DeCapito wrote:
Wdkckms wrote:Yes, since Israel is a democratic country with a great economy. the only problem it is sourounded by enemies. Also, the USSR gaved various ethnic groups their home rule so it would be good for the blacks as well.

And there is your problem. Separating black people from the USA would give them enemies to be surrounded by, except this time the enemies would be the Americans. You're just suggesting extreme segregation.

I doubt that the US would like to attack that hypotetical state. It would be to the US something like Mexico and Canada, also loyal neighbouring countries. Probably a realiable NATO ally and so on. It would no be segregation since blacks would have their own government and army.

New DeCapito
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New DeCapito » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:17 am

Wdkckms wrote:
New DeCapito wrote:And there is your problem. Separating black people from the USA would give them enemies to be surrounded by, except this time the enemies would be the Americans. You're just suggesting extreme segregation.

I doubt that the US would like to attack that hypotetical state. It would be to the US something like Mexico and Canada, also loyal neighbouring countries. Probably a realiable NATO ally and so on. It would no be segregation since blacks would have their own government and army.

Why does a race need their own army? There would be literally no one to use it on. And why does a race need their own government?

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Deteriorating Race Relations in 21st Century America

Postby Alien Space Bats » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:19 am

Wdkckms wrote:It would be the best if the US give the Afro-Americans home rule. Use a chunk of land in Northern America and give them to the blacks to create their own country.

Oh yeah, sure. Because the white landowners inside this new black homeland are going to happily give up their property, and because black families are going to love getting uprooted and moved to this same new homeland against their will.

Oh, and what do we do about mixed-race couples? Dissolve their marriages? Terminate mixed-race business partnerships? And are mixed-race children black or white? I mean, anyone with half a brain knows that "one drop" rules are horseshit, and that it's both genetically and culturally wrong to automatically classify mixed-race kids as black by default.

Apartheid sucks. Segregation sucks. White people need to stop "otherizing" black people. Blacks are as American as whites, and this is their country two, in total. FULL STOP.
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:28 am

I'm not sure taking apartheidt's playbook is by any definition best.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Ugatoo
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ugatoo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 am

Alien Space Bats wrote:

Oh yeah, sure. Because the white landowners inside this new black homeland are going to happily give up their property, and because black families are going to love getting uprooted and moved to this same new homeland against their will.

Oh, and what do we do about mixed-race couples? Dissolve their marriages? Terminate mixed-race business partnerships? And are mixed-race children black or white? I mean, anyone with half a brain knows that "one drop" rules are horseshit, and that it's both genetically and culturally wrong to automatically classify mixed-race kids as black by default.

Apartheid sucks. Segregation sucks. White people need to stop "otherizing" black people. Blacks are as American as whites, and this is their country two, in total. FULL STOP.

Wasn't there also the option of sending willing slaves back to Africa once slavery ended in the US? That clearly worked. People won't leave their homes, America just needs to gitgud.
Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology but only remember learning about photosynthesis
Unlike marijuana, religion and capitalism will kill you.
Kannap wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:Is Ugatoo really here on their anti-rape crusade? Like seriously, TET is for having a laugh, not a soapbox for someone's rants.

We should banish Ugatoo from TET *nods*

New DeCapito
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New DeCapito » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:36 am

Ugatoo wrote:
Alien Space Bats wrote:Oh yeah, sure. Because the white landowners inside this new black homeland are going to happily give up their property, and because black families are going to love getting uprooted and moved to this same new homeland against their will.

Wasn't there also the option of sending willing slaves back to Africa once slavery ended in the US? That clearly worked. People won't leave their homes, America just needs to gitgud.

I'm running thousands of different contexts through my head, and none of them are good. Are you suggesting deportation?

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:03 am

New DeCapito wrote:
Ugatoo wrote:Wasn't there also the option of sending willing slaves back to Africa once slavery ended in the US? That clearly worked. People won't leave their homes, America just needs to gitgud.

I'm running thousands of different contexts through my head, and none of them are good. Are you suggesting deportation?

I read it as "the last time we tried to create a separate homeland for the negros, it didn't work out so well".
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Teemant
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Teemant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:07 am

I think that race relations in the USA are deteriorating because left wing wants to use it for their political purposes. Maybe it is just a way for them to be relevant? I think there are racist motives behind it too and not necessarily racism by white people. For example students who want to make cultural spaces that are for black people only. This clearly is a racist demand in my opinion.
Eesti
Latvija
Lietuva
Polska

Ugatoo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ugatoo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:10 am

Teemant wrote:I think that race relations in the USA are deteriorating because left wing wants to use it for their political purposes. Maybe it is just a way for them to be relevant? I think there are racist motives behind it too and not necessarily racism by white people. For example students who want to make cultural spaces that are for black people only. This clearly is a racist demand in my opinion.

Both the far left and right are racist. You can't blame what's happening on just one group of people.
Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology but only remember learning about photosynthesis
Kannap wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:Is Ugatoo really here on their anti-rape crusade? Like seriously, TET is for having a laugh, not a soapbox for someone's rants.

Teemant
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Teemant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 am

Ugatoo wrote:
Teemant wrote:I think that race relations in the USA are deteriorating because left wing wants to use it for their political purposes. Maybe it is just a way for them to be relevant? I think there are racist motives behind it too and not necessarily racism by white people. For example students who want to make cultural spaces that are for black people only. This clearly is a racist demand in my opinion.

Both the far left and right are racist. You can't blame what's happening on just one group of people.

The villain in this case is not even right but the white male person. What more to say about slogans like "acknowledge your white privilege"?
Last edited by Teemant on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eesti
Latvija
Lietuva
Polska

Ugatoo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ugatoo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:14 am

Teemant wrote:
Ugatoo wrote:Both the far left and right are racist. You can't blame what's happening on just one group of people.

The villain in this case is not even right but the white male person. What more to say about slogans like "acknowledge your white privilege"?

Because clearly the Klan has done so much to help improve race relations? Or right wing anti-immigration people, or the religious right who believe all muslims are terrorists.
Kannap wrote:

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:17 am

Alien Space Bats wrote:I mean, anyone with half a brain knows that "one drop" rules are horseshit, and that it's both genetically and culturally wrong to automatically classify mixed-race kids as black by default.

The one drop rule is valid because it is accurate in most cases in predicting what a half Black and half White person's physical appearance will look like. The majority of the time, they will have a more African than European phenotype. Thus they would be considered Black. The reverse scenario of a half Black person looking European enough to pass as White is very rare. Almost never happens, ever.
Last edited by Saiwania on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Teemant
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Teemant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:18 am

Ugatoo wrote:
Teemant wrote:

Because clearly the Klan has done so much to help improve race relations? Or right wing anti-immigration people, or the religious right who believe all muslims are terrorists.

What Klan?

People can be anti-immigration and there is nothing wrong about it. Political freedom allows them to have such opinion. Religious right doesn't belive that all muslims are terrorists. Because some do doesn't mean that all do. There are people who are not religious and still think that all muslims are terrorists.

But still how it explains the demands "acknowledge your white privilege"? People who are white and male are automatically faulty of something?
Last edited by Teemant on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eesti
Latvija
Lietuva
Polska

Ugatoo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ugatoo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:21 am

Teemant wrote:
Ugatoo wrote:Because clearly the Klan has done so much to help improve race relations? Or right wing anti-immigration people, or the religious right who believe all muslims are terrorists.

What Klan?

People can be anti-immigration and there is nothing wrong about it. Political freedom allows them to have such opinion. Religious right doesn't belive that all muslims are terrorists. Because some do doesn't mean that all do. There are people who are not religious and still think that all muslims are terrorists.

But still how it explains the demands "acknowledge your white privilege"? People who are white and male are automatically faulty of something?

The idea of white privilege is not that white people are faulty its that non-straight white males are innately inferior. It's a stupid argument but it's not the only cause of the issue.
Kannap wrote:

Teemant
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Teemant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:23 am

Ugatoo wrote:
Teemant wrote:
What Klan?

The idea of white privilege is not that white people are faulty its that non-straight white males are innately inferior. It's a stupid argument but it's not the only cause of the issue.

But they aren't inferior and indeed stupid argument. It's that left wing people want them to belive or belive themselves that they are and want to use it for their own political purposes. The demand "acknowledge white privilege" seems like a racist one to me.
Last edited by Teemant on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eesti
Latvija
Lietuva
Polska

Ugatoo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ugatoo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:24 am

Teemant wrote:
Ugatoo wrote:The idea of white privilege is not that white people are faulty its that non-straight white males are innately inferior. It's a stupid argument but it's not the only cause of the issue.

But they aren't inferior. It's that left wing people want them to belive or belive themselves that they are and want to use it for their own political purposes. The demand "acknowledge white privilege" seems like a racist one to me.

You aren't reading my posts so I'm done debating this. Enjoy your limited view of the world.
Kannap wrote:

Teemant
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Teemant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:27 am

Ugatoo wrote:
Teemant wrote:
But they aren't inferior. It's that left wing people want them to belive or belive themselves that they are and want to use it for their own political purposes. The demand "acknowledge white privilege" seems like a racist one to me.

You aren't reading my posts so I'm done debating this. Enjoy your limited view of the world.

I know that you said that's a stupid argument and I edited my post to clarify things before you posted this rant.
Eesti
Latvija
Lietuva
Polska

Livian Nations
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Livian Nations » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:Well Obama did say things would change.

He's BACK!
The Livian Arc
A civilization comprised of 42 sovereign, interstellar and system-level political entities, 19 of which have united into the Sovereign Union of Livian Nations.

Linistan Federation
Livian System Congress
Sadonite Confederacy
Averian League
Badon Republic
Realm of Nevac
Skeppa Expanse
Riecta Conference
Secretariat of New Aver
Principality of the Neoaverian Asteroids
Molen Collective
Citizens' State of Emil
Laran Queendom
Aligned Duchies and Earldoms of Skeppa
Contracted Peoples of Tosg
Democracy of Curia and Settled Worlds
Principality of Olnia
Unified Galor Systems
Consortium of Ontonite Planets
Empire of Sozand
Hanosian Republic
Tullan Realm
Socialist Collective of Kama
United Colonies of Eolin

Internationalist Bastard
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Internationalist Bastard » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:22 pm

You, know that I think about, I donlt think I ever really noticed someones race until all the BLM stuff really started
Call me Alex, I insist
I am a girl, damnit
Slut Pride. So like, real talk, I’m a porn actress. We’re not all bimbos. I do not give out my information or videos to avoid conflict with site policy. I’m happy to talk about the industry or my thoughts on the career but I will not be showing you any goodies. Sorry
“Whatever you are, be a good one” Abe Lincoln

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General