NATION

PASSWORD

Did Obama Administration Betray America in Uranium One Deal?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Did the Obama Administration act stupidly in the Uranium One deal?

Yes.
47%
Not certain.
7%
No.
45%

Total votes : 55

Russels Orbiting Teapot
Senator

Founded: Jan 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Russels Orbiting Teapot » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:no, just why you think it happened, Maliki may not have been a good choice, but it was the lack of support from Obama that drove him into iran's hands. That is what made the Sunni population completely turn against him.

I don't suppose you have any evidence for that horseshit?

As I recall, the Iraqis were pretty eager for us to leave.

Second Blazing
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Blazing » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Russels Orbiting Teapot wrote:
Teemant wrote:
Where it does it say that it is illegal to produce nuclear weapons? I did read the link you posted here and it says the only goal of this treaty is to stop spread of nuclear weapons.
So countries that already have nuclear weapons can build new ones.

Did you read my post where I pointed out that both sides already have more than enough nukes?

I cannot disagree with this statement enough. We have serious gaps in our tactical nuclear arsenal.
"I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:no, just why you think it happened, Maliki may not have been a good choice, but it was the lack of support from Obama that drove him into iran's hands. That is what made the Sunni population completely turn against him.

The strength of isis is evidence for that "bullshit" or how Bout the opinion of a fairly liberal paper, the Washington post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Russels Orbiting Teapot
Senator

Founded: Jan 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Russels Orbiting Teapot » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Second Blazing wrote:I cannot disagree with this statement enough. We have serious gaps in our tactical nuclear arsenal.

Please describe them, or provide a source that does.

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:09 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

The strength of isis is evidence for that "bullshit" or how Bout the opinion of a fairly liberal paper, the Washington post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

That's not the opinion of the paper, that's the opinion of Marc. A. Thiessen. He isn't a liberal.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Second Blazing wrote:
Did you read my post where I pointed out that both sides already have more than enough nukes?

I cannot disagree with this statement enough. We have serious gaps in our tactical nuclear arsenal.

Then keep a stockpile of the highly enriched uranium and plutonium the US has already.

Instead of reversing the enrichment process to make weapons-grade into reactor fuel.

And by the way, there will be another 800 warheads currently in US service available to have their fissile material recycled into any new generation of weapons you think are needed, if the US and Russia both comply with New START by February 2017.
Last edited by AiliailiA on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:31 pm

That was a different time, but this isn't the first time Putin has outsmarted the administration.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Geilinor wrote:That was a different time, but this isn't the first time Putin has outsmarted the administration.

I wouldn't exactly call getting the entire Republican Party worshipping you and comparing you to Obama "outsmarting" the administration.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Dakran
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dakran » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:41 am

Hang on, don't we have an embargo against Russia? If we still do, how did this deal pass?
Trans flag here She/Her
01_EMBASSY_PROPOSE
WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS
Baltenstein wrote:Source:
The Turkish minister of Turkishness, Öztürk Türkuglu.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:24 am

Dakran wrote:Hang on, don't we have an embargo against Russia? If we still do, how did this deal pass?

what are the details of the embargo?
whatever

HMS Vanguard
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby HMS Vanguard » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:36 am

I don't know if this is even a good place to ask, but can anyone summarise, or better cite, the actual substance of the deal? If all you have is a version that has been filtered through a newspaper, you don't need to bother.
Feelin' brexy

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:55 am

HMS Vanguard wrote:I don't know if this is even a good place to ask, but can anyone summarise, or better cite, the actual substance of the deal? If all you have is a version that has been filtered through a newspaper, you don't need to bother.

a Russian company bought out a Canadian company.
whatever

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:58 am

Dakran wrote:Hang on, don't we have an embargo against Russia? If we still do, how did this deal pass?

it looks to me like the deal was OKed well before any embargo against Russia.
whatever

Roma Downy
Secretary

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Roma Downy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:16 am

Ashmoria wrote:

it looks to me like the deal was OKed well before any embargo against Russia.

Sorry that I've been absent. Real Life and stuff.

Not that anything posted off of the topic was unexpected; the assertions that this topic was aimed at Hillary when the OP stated otherwise, the notions that ISIS/ISIL has anything to do with the topic, that the debated acts of other presidents in the past sets an acceptable precedent for the current stupidity of this unique situation, to the "what difference does it make since there are more than enough nuclear bombs in the world" argument I will quote Oscar Wilde, "Nothing succeeds like excess."

Anyone who has played a video game should realize that increasing offensive "effort" and resources by the antagonist will generally overwhelm defenses of an opponent.

Handing over the control of this resource was stupid.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:27 am

Roma Downy wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:it looks to me like the deal was OKed well before any embargo against Russia.

Sorry that I've been absent. Real Life and stuff.

Not that anything posted off of the topic was unexpected; the assertions that this topic was aimed at Hillary when the OP stated otherwise, the notions that ISIS/ISIL has anything to do with the topic, that the debated acts of other presidents in the past sets an acceptable precedent for the current stupidity of this unique situation, to the "what difference does it make since there are more than enough nuclear bombs in the world" argument I will quote Oscar Wilde, "Nothing succeeds like excess."

Anyone who has played a video game should realize that increasing offensive "effort" and resources by the antagonist will generally overwhelm defenses of an opponent.

Handing over the control of this resource was stupid.

*shrug* I am far more concerned about the toxic effects of uranium mining. after all if this Russian company starts doing things we don't like with the uranium they mine in the US we can always stop them. we didn't give up sovereignty.
whatever

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General