NATION

PASSWORD

The Republican party and the female reproductive system

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gold Harbor
Envoy

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gold Harbor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:38 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:You don't get to legislate women's bodies when you don't know how women's bodies work.

Legislate men's bodies
*nods*

So you agree that by this same logic even if they aren't the brightest lightbulbs, their hearts are in the right place for taking up the fight against the abominable practice of murder, and should therefore be supported?

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:You don't get to legislate women's bodies when you don't know how women's bodies work.

Legislate men's bodies
*nods*

I seem to remember some state legislature a few years ago trying to ban masturbation, on the grounds that it killed sperm. The Daily Show covered it, I believe.

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:

I'm sure that neither Abe Lincoln nor congressional republicans were experts on slave torturing but they managed to legislate about it just fine.

Yet he was still a racist.
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:Legislate men's bodies
*nods*

So you agree that by this same logic even if they aren't the brightest lightbulbs, their hearts are in the right place for taking up the fight against the abominable practice of murder, and should therefore be supported?

No.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:
*nods*

Murder has nothing to do with the issue.

Gold Harbor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gold Harbor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:
Gold Harbor wrote:I'm sure that neither Abe Lincoln nor congressional republicans were experts on slave torturing but they managed to legislate about it just fine.

Slavery wasn't biology.

It was justified by the biology of the time.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:Slavery wasn't biology.

It was justified by the biology of the time.

No it wasn't.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Merizoc wrote:
*nods*

I seem to remember some state legislature a few years ago trying to ban masturbation, on the grounds that it killed sperm. The Daily Show covered it, I believe.

Serves those genocidal teenage boys. Masturbating...killing around 500,000,000 babies.

Gold Harbor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gold Harbor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Gold Harbor wrote:So you agree that by this same logic even if they aren't the brightest lightbulbs, their hearts are in the right place for taking up the fight against the abominable practice of murder, and should therefore be supported?

Murder has nothing to do with the issue.

Murder is the issue.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:
Merizoc wrote:Murder has nothing to do with the issue.

Murder is the issue.

No, the issue is the female reproductive system. Vaginas don't have the tendency to murder people.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:42 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Gold Harbor wrote:Murder is the issue.

No, the issue is the female reproductive system. Vaginas don't have the tendency to murder people.

Unless a Vagina is a shark brain.

That would make sense why sharks are such pussies.
Last edited by Furry Alairia and Algeria on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:
*nods*

No, they should be ridiculed straight out of office and replaced with competent people who understand that our bodies shouldn't be legislated.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Gold Harbor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gold Harbor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Gold Harbor wrote:Murder is the issue.

Unlless they choose abortion. Then they do.

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:
Merizoc wrote:No, the issue is the female reproductive system. Vaginas don't have the tendency to murder people.

No they don't.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Gold Harbor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gold Harbor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Gold Harbor wrote:It was justified by the biology of the time.

No it wasn't.

Yes it was. Ever heard of phrenology or eocial darwinism or any of thr many other ideas in biology used to support ideas of white superiority?

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:47 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:
Merizoc wrote:No, the issue is the female reproductive system. Vaginas don't have the tendency to murder people.

Okay, well, first off, a fetus isn't a person.

Second, the topic is the Republic Party and Female Reproductive Systems. Stay on topic.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:47 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:Yes it was. Ever heard of phrenology or eocial darwinism or any of thr many other ideas in biology used to support ideas of white superiority?

Yes. None of them are actually scientific.

Gold Harbor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gold Harbor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:51 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Gold Harbor wrote:Yes it was. Ever heard of phrenology or eocial darwinism or any of thr many other ideas in biology used to support ideas of white superiority?

Yes. None of them are actually scientific.

At the time they were thought to be.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Yes. None of them are actually scientific.

And we're in the new age. Either stay back or advance. Your choice.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Yes. None of them are actually scientific.

And now we know that they aren't.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:56 pm

Can anyone truly say that the GOP isn't the party of ignorance anymore?

Gold Harbor
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gold Harbor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Gold Harbor wrote:At the time they were thought to be.

And now we know that they aren't.

How do you know that your biology that says it's ok to murder the unborn won't be debunked as pseudoscience by future generations? Just like phrenology.

Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Desperate Measures » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:And now we know that they aren't.

How do you know that your biology that says it's ok to murder the unborn won't be debunked as pseudoscience by future generations? Just like phrenology.

Because you can't murder something that isn't born yet? And it wouldn't matter if you could?
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:

There's nothing in biology that says anything like this.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:

Okay now you're arguing against the entire foundation of science.
Have fun with that ignorant shit.
Last edited by Genivaria on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General