NATION

PASSWORD

What if McCain had won?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:59 pm

We would have a ground war in Syria.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Emerald Dragon wrote:
Wow, he ignored a fucking piece of paper.

Real tyrannical, eh?

Had the President actually "ignored the constitution," it would be an issue. He didn't. And the Constitution is an important piece of paper, setting up, as it does, the structure of the United States government.

Silly moderator. He ignored the Constitution because he wasn't born here.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:02 pm

It's difficult to explain all of the contingencies in the altered timeline, but the short version is:

Four Hobbit Movies.
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

Master Shake
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Master Shake » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Pope Joan wrote:We would have a ground war in Syria.

I highly doubt that, but then again it depends on if we could trick...I mean convince the American people that Assad has chemical weapons/WMDs...
Only one Hungary. Only one Homeland!

Economic Left/Right: -2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.15

I hate you all equally

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:It's difficult to explain all of the contingencies in the altered timeline, but the short version is:

Four Hobbit Movies.

A fourth hobbit movie would still do more for people then most Republican policies.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Kiribati-Tarawa
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiribati-Tarawa » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:03 pm

The answer to why McCain lost: It's hard to argue against free money.
From the desk of:
Ambassador Sir Thomas Chapman, CD, KG
His Majesty's Ambassador to the WA for Kiribati-Tarawa
Office # 22, Floor 5 of the General Assembly building

Master Shake
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Master Shake » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:04 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Master Shake wrote:
Huh...and here I thought this was a Republican versus Democrat thread...carry on boys...

Nope and Jeb would be Shrub the second.

I will glady take Hillary over all the repub choices.

Well at least Bill would rename Airforce One to AirF*** One...

I miss Bill...he was cool!

I hate you all equally

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Kiribati-Tarawa wrote:The answer to why McCain lost: It's hard to argue against free money.

When did Obama promise people "free money"?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Master Shake
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Master Shake » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:05 pm

:ugeek:
Kiribati-Tarawa wrote:The answer to why McCain lost: It's hard to argue against free money.

For who? The banking cartels?

I hate you all equally

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Master Shake wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Nope and Jeb would be Shrub the second.

I will glady take Hillary over all the repub choices.

Well at least Bill would rename Airforce One to AirF*** One...

I miss Bill...he was cool!

Think about it. Bill in the White House again. Republican heads would explode like in "When Mars Attacks"

Gold Harbor
Envoy

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gold Harbor » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:What if people stopped posting bullshit "What if X won?" topics?
My life would sure as fuck improve significantly.

What if people stopped taking freedom-endangering social justice seriously? We'd all be better off.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:07 pm

What free money?

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:07 pm

http://youtu.be/ZohusSS72NQ

(Remember who his VP was? Combine his age with the most stressful job on the planet and a VP who's only shot at the presedency is offing the current one.....and Iron sky starts to look like one of the better outcomes.)
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

What free money?

You didn't get yours?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 pm

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:What if people stopped posting bullshit "What if X won?" topics?
My life would sure as fuck improve significantly.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to :roll: and ignore the post?

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
What free money?

You didn't get yours?

Shh...we decided to leave out a few people so that the rest of us could split a bigger take....

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
What free money?

You didn't get yours?

Damn post office! Privatize it!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:You didn't get yours?

Shh...we decided to leave out a few people so that the rest of us could split a bigger take....

Don't make me come over there!

The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scandinvans » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 pm

He would have probably lived through his presidency thereby defeating certain unbecoming fatalistic talk.
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

The United Territories of Providence
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Territories of Providence » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Gold Harbor wrote:I think he would have fixed the economy and not implemented this controversial Obamacare. Also Isis wouldn't be a problem nor would Putin. Under the true leadership that only a bona fide war hero can provide, we would enter a new golden age. Say adios to unsecure borders and deficit spending and say hello to secure borders and a sustainable budget.

But that's enough about my opinion. What do you think? Can you explain to me why the worst president since Jimmy Carter and the most tyrannical since Andrew Jackson is somehow better than a real war hero with a proven record of leadership?

I'm a Republican. I feel I can say with the utmost confidence that you're being ridiculous.

The economy has recovered, not in the way I'd like but America is doing better than in 2009.

I don't like Obamacare either, but when millions of Americans gain health insurance and no longer become a strain on the tax payer....one has to appreciate that.

ISIS might not be the current extremist group, but we'd have another. Maybe Al-Qaeda would be stronger, or perhaps we'd be fighting the Houthis. The matter of fact is....when we inserted our self into the Middle East, we helped ignite Islamic radicalism. There would be radicals regardless.

Putin would be Putin. He invaded Georgia under Bush, a Republican. What on God's green Earth makes you think he'd be any less aggressive under another Republican?

Finally, I don't like Obama. He's like a C grade President, but he's the better alternative to McCain. Also, Jimmy Carter? He brought peace to Egypt and Israel, negotiated SALT, cared about the environment and didn't get us into any wars...but fuck Carter right?
Last edited by The United Territories of Providence on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

FORMER REPUBLICAN
SOCIAL DEMOCRAT
Economic: -2.5
Social: -5.28

LGBTQ Rights
Palestine
Medicare for All
Gender Equality
Green Energy
Legal Immigration
Abortion rights
Democracy
Assault Weapons Ban
Censorship
MRA
Fundamentalism
Fascism
Political Correctness
Fascism
Monarchy
Illegal Immigration
Capitalism
Free Trade

Unified Imperial States
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Imperial States » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:17 pm

To this day, I don't know why both parties seem to always choose the worst candidates possible. Granted, Obama over Hillary, but I'd like to see someone that has backbone, isn't afraid of his party/has none, tells people what he's going to do AND follows through with it, and essentially tells international big wigs that think they hold power over our country to, and I quote, "fuck off". To me, a leader's conduct is the most important thing. Their policies are mostly secondary.

I will get hate for this, but there are aspects of Mister Putin that I admire. Not that you needed me to say this, as indicated by my signature.

Now as for McCain himself? I don't see his presidency being any different than Obama's is right now, perhaps with the exception of reversed retarded policies. Yes, I'm a registered Republican.
Last edited by Unified Imperial States on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always use my Factbooks for relevant forum information on my nation. I didn't write them for nothing.

My nation is currently at DEFCON: 1/2/3/4/5 |Normal readiness|

We Hold the following nations as protectorates: United Lizalfos Clans

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:23 pm

The Scandinvans wrote:He would have probably lived through his presidency thereby defeating certain unbecoming fatalistic talk.

Impossible to say with confidence. The election alone seemed to age him about a decade. Actually being president may have been too much for him.
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

Neoconstantius
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:59 pm

We would probably be at war in the Middle East and Ukraine simultaneously.
GO ILLINI
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:We would probably be at war in the Middle East and Ukraine simultaneously.

And the stress would lead to a President Palin.

Master Shake
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Master Shake » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:We would probably be at war in the Middle East and Ukraine simultaneously.

At least we would be stopping that Putin in his tracks, but I suppose it is a good thing we aren't in Ukraine because then I would have enlisted to ensure those Neo Commies never gained an inch of Eastern European soil!

I don't see why Obama hasn't armed the rebels in Ukraine. He armed ISIS...I mean the FSA...

I hate you all equally

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General